Why does this enrage people in America so much?

Why does this enrage people in America so much?

Americans are removed from their tip at birth, it's very traumatic

made me chuckle

You don't tip.

Niggers agree with you

i tried tipping a waitress a dime once, she threw it back at me.

Honestly niggers are the only reason I quit pizza delivery

>tfw server
>tfw don't believe in the tipping meme
>tfw need tips to actually make money

I don't know how to feel.

because it displays either a lack of courtesy, kikely stinginess, or impoverished inability to properly reward someone for their work based on the quality of work performed.

basically just an immature outlook on transaction

Sometimes the first post is the best post.

Kike

You Americans apparently tip over the top to the extent I hear where you tip for average service.

Why reward someone extra for doing average work, surely it would be better to incentive's above average work by tipping only for above average service.

Because idiots here are so hellbent on being nice that it's considered impolite to not give someone more of your money than they're already being paid.

heh

God yes. They fucking suck!
Quit being a nigger. Leave a tip

don't have time for your bantz today, Argentina

because restaurant food is cheaper than it would be if the waiter's wages were included in the bill

not tipping is basically the same as stealing

The general consensus among both your average citizens and most servers is thus

0-5% for shit service (unless the guests are niggers, spics, or indians. They give 0-5% regardless of how well you serve them.)

5-10% for average service

10-15% for above average service

15-20% for "went above and beyond" service

BASED BLACK MAN

This.

Even when I was in college making minimum wage on my part time after class job I would still tip when out with my friends. It's only a few bucks. The only reason not to do it is because you are subhuman shitskin trash.

Because you are supposed to tip, dumbass. If you can't afford to tip, don't go somewhere where you're expected to tip. A lot of those jobs don't pay an appropriate hourly wage because of the fact that you are supposed to tip.

Not tipping is basically the same as only paying 15$ on a 20$ bill. At least that's how it works in the US.

I should tip people who provide a service to me

>barbers
>waiters
>bartenders

My problem with it is the price of the service provided isn't different (relative to local currency).

It may be considered stingy in America, but it seems strange to me that American society has decided that I ought to pay a minimum of 10% more for the same service, regardless of the quality of that service.

because their wage relies on it

why does no one get this

lal

And the reason 0-5% isn't for average service is because restaurant bills do not consider payment for waiters in calculation of profit?

I delivered pizza for 3 years when I was younger and niggers NEVER tipped!

It's nigger mentality.

I live in CA. Resteraunts are required to pay servers the actual minimum wage here, not some weird ass "resteraunt-specific" minimum wage like I understand it is in most others states.

I waited on people at Denny's and Red Robin through my college years in Southern CA. Pay was really nice. Way nicer than if I had gotten a grocery or department store job.

That's actually very accurate. I'm sure that restaurant prices would rise by quite a bit if they were forced to actually pay their staff.

Kek

and they're perpetuating it by getting mad people don't tip
the only solution is pressuring for higher wages
sure, there will be higher prices, but tips cost too so there's not really a change unless you're really cheap

I kek'd
but being circumcised isn't bad at all.

I tip only at good restaurants when service is really outstanding. But having "tip" category on McDonald's bill? What the fuck

This is preferable to me.

Good goy

I was at a restaurant and the booth next to us was a nigger, his sister and her kid.
His waitress was very nice to them. She gave them the bill and right after she left, the nigger told the kid, "What do you say? NO TIP! That's right! NO TIP!"

Shit enrages me.

:)

It's nice and all to say that we should pressure our employers for higher wages, but that notion is not at all realistic. The idea of tipping in America is far too heavily ingrained in our culture for a change like that to happen.

Me too. Hopefully I'll be getting another job soon so I don't contribute to that which I don't agree with.

Argies have banter. I'm impressed.
Fippy is indeed bippy.

That's the funny thing: It's not socially expected to tip at McDonalds, because you aren't "being provided a service".
You tip the waiter/waitress because they take your order and bring food out to you. It's considered a part of the "ambiance": Getting served.

I am all for the ambiance / feel of a resteraunt, over fast food, but I think the prices of menu items should be adjusted to account for the wages of the waiter/waitress; not some arbitrary culturally-enforced system of gratuity.

The way it works at a lot of places here is that they record the amount of tips you make and then adjust your wage based on it. It's bullshit desu.

hello

I give a generous a15% tip every time I get served in a dining room. Call it tradition or good will, I don't care much what anyone else does.

Give me 1(one) good reason why I should spend additional money for the same goods and service

Tipping is optional here in my country. Feels good.

>I think the prices of menu items should be adjusted to account for the wages of the waiter/waitress

This actually is a thing in some restaurants, especially on larger parties. It's sort of a semi-forced gratuity that is automatically added to the total of the bill. Of course, you could ask the server to take the gratuity off the bill, but are you really gonna act like a shithead nigger and do that?

They're entitled pieces of shit who never learned how to take "no" for an answe

Niggers

Technically, it is in America too.

If you're subsisting on tips i consider you nothing more than a professional panhandler. You FOH faggots make more money gathering tips than a the guy slaving away in the dishpit. Collecting tips ought to be a fireable offense. Raise the price of food if need-be--you should be collecting the same 11$/hour anyone else does.

t. NEET whos never worked a service job

It only enrages cuck waiters, so no harm done

t. lazy fuck with no real skills

Yes, I have.
My friends agree with my stance on tipping, even though they tip themselves.

Getting shamed into spending extra cash is pretty beta

I disagree. Tipping your waiter makes you important to them especially because they get paid for how well they perform.
If they get paid regardless of performance what motivates them to provide great service when they could provide adequate service?

If you are against tipping, it's easy just don't use services by workers who make a living on tips. So avoid delivery pizza, waiters, etc...

Sometimes a tips isn't earned. For instance, when it takes 3 hours to detail a Toyota Camry and costs you $150. Sorry boys, your tips was that 45min break you took on my watch.

How can a server go "above and beyond"? Aren't they just bringing you food basically?

I worked as a server in college, you ignorant, useless, fat fucking NEET

There's america's answer then, there should be a law that puts that policy in.
I don't see how it's ethical nor logical to hire someone if you don't make enough the profit to pay them as well as yourself.
At least we make people redundant when we cant pay them and hence they get a small package...

I can see why some might not appreciate the prices of their food going up but this system doesn't sound at all natural and is certainly unstable.
Denying that company profit shouldn't partially go into paying staff is like saying science should succeed without funding.
Why on earth some become waiters when they could do a similar tier job and actually earn money.

Nigger.

t.shekelstein

Tipping has infected New England society to the point where im expected to leave a tip at subway or dunkin donuts. Explain that and tell me why its okay? Half the time those spics cant even take care and give me a quality product. I eat there because i cant afford to tip and they still have their hand out and sneer at the white boy who wont throw an extra dollar in the cup.

The problem here is that tipping is socially ingrained in America. That means that, more often than not, regardless of your conduct as a waiter, you'll get your 10% tip, sometimes a 20% tip, which balances out when you don't get a tip from niggers, and asshole jews like me.
Since they can expect tips, there's no reason to try hard like you suggest.

Until tipping is enforced by anything aside from socially-ingrained pressure, I'm going to keep on ordering pizza, going out to eat, and getting my hair cut.

Then you're no better than a nigger. If you become notorious for not tipping at the restaurants you go to, be prepared for slow and shitty service from a server who knows who you are and quite honestly doesn't give a fuck about making your experience enjoyable.

Stuff like
>recommending food (or in my case, wine) based on what the guests say they prefer
>making absolutely sure that the guests are enjoying everything, and offering a replacement or a new dish if they weren't completely satisfied with their meals, or even their drinks
>socializing to those who don't obviously want to be left alone (you'd be surprised how much a good personality and general chit-chat makes a difference in making guests happy)
>making sure to refill all drinks without needing to be asked
>speedy, but well paced service without making the guests feel like they are being rushed
>generally just making the experience more entertaining/enjoyable for the guests

These are just a few things. I'm not gonna act like it's an incredibly hard job (it's not depending on where you work), but doing and saying the right things makes all the difference in the world.

Fuck that. As long as I get decent service I tip, if I get shitty service from a rude ass waitress I'm not tipping. It's not difficult to look at my coffee cup and see if I need coffee or act like I'm ruining her day by coming into a restaurant ordering food.

Sounds like slavery with extra steps.

>Why on earth some become waiters when they could do a similar tier job and actually earn money.
The funny thing here is that waiting is actually really great money because of the tipping expectation in America.

Especially considering how low the requirements to do so are

>or act like I'm ruining her
>or NOT act like I'm ruining her day
ftfm

I'm really confusd. Waiters and Waitresses in America are making a living on tips only?

Is the food really cheap based on the offset value of tips? WTF

WTF THEY'RE JUST BRINGING YOU FOOD.

i get it when you go to a restaurant, the food is great and the service was excellent, you leave a tip etc... but when it's just "average" WTF.

So you aren't going to do the right ting unless you are forced to?

You know people delivering pizza are desperate for money, and they use a lot of gas and put a lot of miles on their car driving around.
You aren't screwing over a business, you are fucking over someone already down on their luck.

>be restaurant owner
>need servers
>don't pay them for their labour and enforce a tip system for your already paying customers
This system is the jew on the cake.
Like seriously wtf? You pay your workers for the job their doing with the money you EARN for providing a service to your customers and not
>hurr durr if u got no tip though luck work more for free
Tipping should be outlawed.

>If you become notorious for not tipping at the restaurants you go to, be prepared for slow and shitty service from a server who knows who you are and quite honestly doesn't give a fuck about making your experience enjoyable.

Fine by me. If it's happened, I haven't noticed it anyway. Most servers don't give a fuck by default anyway. I know I didn't when I waited at Denny's and Red Robins.

Not tipping is nigger-tier behavior.

>be rude to waitress
>shes rude back to you
>leave without tipping
>feel totally justified
I could get behind this

The food is still relatively expensive, but cheaper than places where tipping isn't expected. I've been to Canada a few times (where tipping is not ingrained in their culture and restaurant employees actually pay their staff), and even when accounting for the CAD > USD ratio, the food was definitely quite a bit more pricey at the restaurants I went to when compared to America.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck if you don't tip at places like Denny's or Red Robins, honestly. Those places are garbage, and not the kind of restaurants I'm talking about. Might as well go to a fast food place.

also wtf is with tipping on delivered food? they bring the food and you don't even know if it's good or bad to begin with.

perhaps if you order regularly and they deliver on time or fast... but else wth. for delivered food, I usually don't bother with change and that's their tip. that's it. but here in the UK they sometimes insist they give you change.

>be rude to waiter
>they continue being polite
>trying their hardest to make you happy
>leave without tipping
>GOTEEEEEEM

BASED XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I feel bad for them. I actually do.
And I know how hard it is to find a job. I only went to college at 25, graduated last year at 29, and I just recently started my career in finance at a small software development company.

It's hard to find a good job. And I've worked some really shit jobs before. But the best jobs I've had before now were waiting jobs (Denny's, Red Robin).

I made $7/hour, plus tips. The "plus tips" bit had me making $13-$16 an hour depending on shift.
That's real fucking great for relatively unskilled work.
Whole lot better than bagging groceries and shucking oysters. When was the last time you tipped those guys?

>
>>Why on earth some become waiters when they could do a similar tier job and actually earn money.
>The funny thing here is that waiting is actually really great money because of the tipping expectation in America.
>Especially considering how low the requirements to do so are
This is precisely why I hate servers so much. They do nothing to reap their rewards. The only exception I've ever seen is a guy who bothered to actually become a conniseur of wine & wine pairings.

>believing you are entitled to have another person cater to your every need

only niggers don't tip

>I made $7/hour

Ah, I understand your mindset now. Whereabouts do you live? Because almost all restaurants I go to pay a little over two bucks an hour. East coast btw

Let me explain to you. You aren't tipping a delivery person because the food tastes good.

You are tipping a delivery person because they get your food, get in their car, drive to your home or business, walk you food and walk it directly to your front door.
You are paying them for their time and gas.

Because Mr. Pink is a foaggot.

>I couldn't give any less of a fuck if you don't tip at places like Denny's or Red Robins, honestly. Those places are garbage, and not the kind of restaurants I'm talking about. Might as well go to a fast food place.

Goalposts w/ wheels.
Personally, when I go to restaurants, I enjoy the atmosphere. I usually know what I want before I get there. I'm the kind of sperg who looks up menus online before going.
I order. I chill and eat for a while. Chat with a friend if I go with someone. Pay the bill, and leave.

If you're on a date, no shit you tip regardless of your opinions on it. But I could not care any less about getting shamed on if there's no repercussions from it.

my resturaunt pays servers 5 something an hour and bartenders make 7 something

plus tips of course

but the minimum wage for servers here is only 2 something

The company pays him, he's not a private contractor running a delivery service.

Isn't that what their wage is though?
Delivery drivers are compensated for gas and vehicle wear incurred from driving on-hours.

If they don't like how the service industry fucks them, just drive Uber and Lyft. It's better.

>I feel bad for them
>I know how hard it is
>I'm not tipping them unless it's legally required

Are you satan by chance? You don't get to pretend to care and then proceed to fuck people over because "they make enough already" and "someone else will cover it"

That's a welfare state mentality. You don't support capitalism. You expect charity and handouts.

What? Their employer is the one supposed to be paying that, you say it like they're doing it for free.

Ok so from what I've seen on both sides here, on one hand you've got the waiters not earning anything at all without tips.
And on the other hand you have waiter earning too much as they are tipped ridiculously.

Hence the best solution here is a balance through waiters being payed wages and this american tip culture being filtered down to something more moderate and similar to Europe's tipping standards.

Only retards get mad if you don't tip.

>You support handouts because you don't want to give somebody a handout
Ha Ha is this a meme

If only it were that simple. We're too fucking far into the whole to revamp tipping culture in America.

no one is forcing the employer do to deliver the food to your home though, some kid with a shitty job is giving you his time by delivering it

hey fucknuts just inform the barber, waiter, or bartender that you do not tip. Do this before they perform the service for you.

Well said.

He gets paid $1 to $2 an hour and earns his wage though tips.
it's also a dangerous job, delivery men get murdered.

Pizza places with "delivery charge" that just allows them to make their food cost look cheaper and add the cost back. Big companies it goes directly to the company.

Also no, pizza delivery drivers do not get compensated for gas or vehicle wear. They provide all those for free and depend on tips to cover them. It's why pizza places don't supply company cars, it would then cost them something instead of their workers covering all the insurance, gas, and wear.

>If I'm a degenerate nigger who doesn't tip, then they should get another job
Good one.

Incorrect. That is part of the restaurant/customer deal. I go to your establishment with money, you provide someone to serve my food and refill my drinks. You know what is not a requirement? Tipping. Fuck the whole tipping scam. If I give extra fucking money it's because I felt like it and should be highly appreciated. Instead, commie fucks expect you to or they try to shame you. Fuck them.

I only started looking into it recently. I've lived in California all my life, where apparently we are unaffected by the bullshit "resteraunt minimum wage" that many states are plagued by.

It's pretty fucked to get paid $2/hr plus tips. But at the same time, if you live in a relatively active area, Uber / Lyft are great alternatives until you can find a job that doesn't actively try to fuck you in the ass over pay, as long as you're not a lazy shit--Which many waiters are.

The American system of tipping is awkward for all parties involved: restaurant patrons are expected to have the expertise to motivate and properly remunerate service professionals; servers are expected to please up to 1,000 different employers (for most of us, one boss is enough!); and restaurateurs surrender their use of compensation as an appropriate tool to reward merit and promote excellence … Imagine, if to prompt better service from your shoe salesman, you had to tip on the cost of your shoes, factoring in your perception of his shoe knowledge and the number of trips he took to the stockroom in search of your size. As a customer, isn’t it less complicated that the service he performs is included in the price of your shoes?