Just think about it how society would change with Hyperloop

800mph.

That means from Germany you could reach pretty much all major European cities (except Moscow) in 1 hour 30 min. Just hop into the hyperloop and you are whereever you want to be. Want to eat dinner in Paris, hop into the Hyperloop and 24min later you are in central Paris. Want to date some black Swedish girl in Stockholm, just hop into the Hyperloop and in 18min you are in her bed chamber.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kuUgjGo4t48
youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Underground drilling will take the better part of a decade.

The real problem is that hyperloops have low passenger capacities, compared to train or planes.

As in everything, speed is a luxury, and like what we saw with the Concord, just because something is technologically superior relative to current options, doesn't mean that it will take off.

>The real problem is that hyperloops have low passenger capacities, compared to train or planes.
The hyperloop isn't some plain old, for stinking lowlife transportation system. It is for the elites, for the rich, costing you 1000 bucks for a 29min travel time.

the bright side is that after the infra is built the transport units should be cheaper to produce.

Oh hey look, it's another failed project from that scam artist

What a retarded idea. How are they going to have a vacuum in a 400mile fucking tube? And what if ONE THING goes wrong? The whole fucking tube will collapse.

Why not just build maglev trains? They're probably cheaper as well.

Is musk the biggest nigger of them all? An entire empire fueled on gubberment gibs and always searching for more

This

>underground hyperloop
So...basically like a Large Hadron Collider for toddlers?

Society already has changed, almost beyond repair
youtube.com/watch?v=kuUgjGo4t48

It isn't entirely vacuumed, the capsules compress the air in front of them and run on a maglev track.

>Just think about it how society would change with Hyperloop
The same but with a Hyperloop.

Metal expands
Vaccum can easily be destroyed by outside pressure if theres some leak

The space is larger than that tube and has vacuum on it, checkmate snownigger

I just want it to be expensive, otherwise fucking nigger overload everywhere...

The greatest con-man that ever lived.

The exact same fucking logic applies to the Concord though. It's for the 'ultra rich' and is classed as exclusively luxury transport. The Concord failed due to unforeseen complications with the noise being too disruptive to cities where it visited, and the demand for such speed being relatively low. In a similar manner, the prohibitive cost or some drawback of the hyperloop might just tip it towards failure.

Yeah, NYC to DC - they'll be able to move all those children real fast.

The faggot is a cult leader

So the coastal elites can be further segregated from the middle of the US? Seems legit.

this is one of those comments that might not age well if it ends up working

a car? what a retarded idea haha like nigga why not just use horses haha

>The Concord failed due to unforeseen complications with the noise being too disruptive to cities where it visited
no, it failed because although it was extremely safe, people weren't terribly fond of the idea of dying in a fiery wreck at mach 2. the concorde had an extremely high no-show rate.

Teleportation? That's just stupid. Like how fast you want to go, nigga? We got hyperloops everywhere.

So, they're going to finally give access to the public? Neato

>it failed because although it was extremely safe, people weren't terribly fond of the idea of dying in a fiery wreck at mach 2.

As far as I know Concord was stopped because it was constantly in the red... British Airways and Air France just couldn't afford to keep them running with the high maintenance they required.

Why doesn't this faggot just fund a kickass rail system like Japan has

elon musk has a strong chin

is it possible to become a CEO of a multi-billion company if you have a weak chin?

hyperloop is retarded because it requirs a vacuum
would be better to make orbital rings than a hyperloop

This.

.t ex BAE employee

It's prob much cheaper just to take 2 days to get across country. This isn't the city bus here or the monorail.

Hey come on, how could it be a bad idea to create an ultra expensive high potential fatality tube in a world that's increasingly burying its head in the sand with regards to some of the most violent individuals on the planet that dedicate their lives to blowing shit like this up?

>just because something is technologically superior relative to current options, doesn't mean that it will take off.
exactly, it takes some dedicated to push that shit through and give it birth and raise it and make it grow
ebin musk already pushed a big shit with spacex, not only creating a space company (guaranteed failure 99%), landing rockets, but also a car company (guaranteed failure 75%). he can birth that shit easy. my only irk is that he is a fake persona or some kike shilling for muh global warming, we will see

Tbh I've been promised bullet trains and lightning quick flights from New York to DC by headlines my whole life.

Hasn't this shit been debunked, seems like another scammy monorail

you still have to be with other smelly people and only have fixed destinations. Flying car or nothing.

Shhhh, don't tell them...

I heard those things are awfully loud.

> being able to deliver gas to all jews around the world on christmas eve

i finally have wishes for Santa

Debunked how?

Take a tube, pump out the atmosphere, objects move through it with less resistance. The idea works, implementing that is just an engineering challenge.

One I think we're capable of overcoming.

It glides as softly as a cloud!

There is alot of shit you can enginer your way to whit enough funding but actualy getting the funding or finding enough people that think its gona be worth it is the real issue.

:DDDD

If only he wasn't so insufferable

Yea, but Deutsche bahn suck bulls mate. What happend to your transrapid?? BER or S21?? Your Parliament members planning to sink another billions of euros to corporate friends. You will never learn, sausage muncher.

That's just not true though.

Must stated himself a ticket is only 20-30 bucks.

The US military already has this look up RANDCORP

MONORAIL
O
N
O
R
A
I
L

All of Thunderfoots points center around two arguments.

1) It's hard to maintain a total vacuum in large, artificial spaces
and
2) What if something goes wrong and it crashes

For starters it's being built underground which massively reduces the chance of something breaking it from the outside while also making it easier to maintain as a vacuum chamber. Depending on the porousness of the rock you may not even need that much metallic shielding: the cavern itself has exploitable structural stability. As well, you don't need to maintain a full vacuum for the system to be useful. You start to see advantages in drag at 70% atmospheric pressure and air resistance is barely a factor at 20% and lower. Thunderfoot pointing to vacuum chambers used for engineering spacecraft as an example of the difficulties with evacuated tube transport systems is kind of dishonest as no serious engineers expect these things to be perfect vacuums.

As usual Thunderfoot throws reason to the quick and goes for the lowest hanging fruit for criticism: CGI renders put out by Tesla for marketing purposes.

>Want to date some black Swedish girl in Stockholm

in bed chamber. sign me up.

You do realize it won't work? Based on thermodynamics I can predict a major collision on the first testing, due to thermal expansion. Also, because it will be done in CA, a major earthquake area, how will it always stay in vacuum? Even if all of that worked, I believe costs will increase exponentially due to the high maintenance costs of a vacuum chamber larger than the largest vacuum chamber mankind has.

>thinks about hyperjewp
>trusts nasa
>follows some youtube fag

really, get out of here

Lel this whole thread is just like that thing in Atlas Shrugged, with the new metal

I guess Elon will have to take the first Hyperloop ride himself to prove everyone wrong or die trying

Gee what insight you have, im sure that has never occurred to Elon or his army of rocket scientists....

Let me just find his number so you can tell them.

Yuri Bezmenov said to always be suspicious of "super hiways" and single things that link large areas, because they can be shut off at any time, and then youre fucked, like Ukraine.

Mr, OP, you are fucking naive. Those hyper loops will be on earth common thing like after 100-200year, so forget fucking nigger girl in Sweden any time soon.

It's 99% vacuumed (100% being space level)

I bet you belive thundercucks claims on climate change

>that pic
I sure hope you like lava

Also only in rare cases could you really use the rock itself as support like that, faults are too common.

I believe tesla themselves stated that it was gonna be at 99% of an atmosphere. Putting underground would solve most problems, but as a result, it would make the price of a ticket the same as that of a plane ticket, if not more, defeating the purpose.

>black
>Swedish

Kind of redundant there Hans.

1. I want to hear Musk saying what air pressure will be in the tube.
2. Earthquakes.
3. it's just a maglev. Just build a maglev. Underground, if you need to.

In the end it will turn out that Musk has fooled everybody, because he will just build a long-range electric subway.

>That's just not true though.
>Must stated himself a ticket is only 20-30 bucks.
The Hyperloop capacity is 800 passengers per hour. To make it profitable you need to hike prices to 1000 bucks a ride.

>space is a vacuum
>space contains everything that exists
>American education

When will the space is a vacuum meme end? A vacuum contains absolutely nothing and yet everything that we know of exists in space retards

>defeating the purpose

You can get there in a fraction of the time it would take you to get there on a plane, how do you figure it would defeat the purpose?

>burger
actualy really unsure if trolling or not at this point in time.

"Hyperloop" is just a pretty name on an old concept that is not economically feasible nor it is practical to do on Earth.

The "Hyperloop" has been BTFO ever since Airplanes were able to achieve near to super-sonic speeds.

The Hyperloop only makes sense on surface of planets and moons that have no atmosphere to deal with.

Atmospheric pressure is a massive bitch to deal with.

So space is not a vacuum. How does that explain extremely similar geometrical shapes in all bodies we find above a certain mass? (sphere)

Correct Sir, also:
The Concorde fleet were undergoing refits after the Air France crash to make them safer. First test flight was from LHR-JFK on September 11, 2001. It made it halfway then turned around.
Also, the A380 was the final nail in the coffin, but those things have been a maintenance nightmare from day one. No new orders in years.
.t gse engineer

>Not already going for teleporters
You people suck.

the good old simpson memes

asking the real questions...

IIRC it also got a lot of complaints about the sonic booms disturbing people who dont appreciate a fucking passenger jet sonic boom.

Show me a way to make a working teleporter and I'll build one. This is the next best thing, as far as I'm aware, aside from building personal ICBMs

SST has never economically viable. The costs of keeping a aircraft flight-worthy at supersonic speeds is extremely high. You only go supersonic over oceans due because of "Sonic Boom".

USSR did it and killed the project while USA outright scrapped its SST program when it became painfully obvious that it wasn't economically viable without massive subsidies.

>a fucking pipe

>Show me a way to make a working teleporter
Sure, so you can jew me out of the potential gorillion of dollars?
Ain't gonna happen, Schlomo.

>sonic booms

All the birds, dying

I hear a buzz everynight

>Musk

he's a CIA Nigger

>it's a it looked good in the concept art elon musk episode

>That means from Germany you could reach pretty much all major European cities (except Moscow) in 1 hour 30 min
That's great!
>get bored of grey old Berlin with no distinct architecture, full of shitskins and the same ten stores
>take Hyperloop to Paris
>grey city with no distinct architecture, full of shitskins and the same ten stores
>take Hyperloop to London
>grey city with no distinct architecture, full of shitskins and the same ten stores
>take Hyperloop to Stockholm
>grey city ful with no distinct architecture,l of shitskins and the same ten stores

fuck yeah flying cars!

Well, until you get your teleporter off the ground leave my rocket rides alone.

Gotta make it too expensive for dindus to afford using or theyll be all over the east coast

>verbal approval to build a tunnel through 4 states
Are people actually dumb enough to believe this?

Instantaneous Dr. Manhattan like Transmission where you can be at multiple places at the same time? That's just stupid. Like how many places you want to be at at once, nigga? we got teleportation everywhere

But, why have rockets if you can instantly appear on the other side of the world? It's like you people like living in the stoneage.

think about how quick you would die if it broke. at least at 70mph it's not necessarily a death sentence.

Can't MagLevs reach that speed without the drilling, vacuum, and a fraction of the cost, cheaper for everyone, safer as you are overground?

>Hey if you give me a fuckload government funding I'll make this super cool futuristic technology which will work for sure! Of course it has only seen very limited testing but who cares about that, only stupid luddites amirite? The future is here people, just sign here
t. Elon Musk

MA fag here. Good. Do it. The more nogs these "intellectuals" live near the more their kids will wake up to the real problems of the world.

All the safety issues thunderfoot brings up are actually bigger issues for outdoor maglev trains, especially since they are in an environment.

As he points out in his update video, an order of magnitude doesn't really change the lethality of the crashes, and you're only doubling your speed in a vacuum tube.

On the upside, you have an enclosed space that can be kept free of debris and corrosive materials.

Sadly, this

>implying musk won't be swimming in government grants

Oh wow the billionaire welfare queen is building a train shock and awe

> technologically superior

You spelled infeasible wrong.

I think the only decent criticism is that mudslimes will try to Allahu Akbar it. Hopefully if this is an issue Musk responds by using his rockets to nuke them, he's probably smart enough to build his own H-bombs so long as the government allows him to.