youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg
youtu.be/iTJF2WcRBYo
youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI&list=RDWG48Ftsr3OI&ab_channel=Stargazer
youtube.com/watch?v=dqUdI4AIDF0
youtu.be/aVUIR6NXcuw
youtu.be/RviuTfdfArM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Dqtkckl6s5Y

Our anthem is fucking gay. They should change it to waltzing matilda or some shit.

As an Australian, I am ashamed of our national anthem.

The Russians followed by the Chinese have the coolest national anthems.

Russian: youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w

Chinese: youtube.com/watch?v=UctriMuXYS0

Why do we have such a shameful anthem? Fuck Australia.

Fuck off back to China cunt

If you think that the Australian nation anthem is any good, you're a cunt with bad taste in music. We seriously need a new one.

What's so funny? our anthem is great.

>tfw girt by sea

Feels good man.

Fuck off, it's embarrassing. I always hated singing it. The Russian anthem is 10000x's better.

We need a new one tbqh.

t. chun-li

youtube.com/watch?v=CwvazMc5EfE

what the fuck does that song even mean

How about you fuck off back to Russia or fucking Gook land.

Fucking slope headed cunt.

The modern version of our anthem is a joke. Reminder that they actually censored it back in the 80's or 90's.
>Should foreign foe e'er sight our coast,
>Or dare a foot to land,
>We'll rouse to arms like sires of yore,
>To guard our native strand;

it should be matilda

>thinks our national anthem is embarrassing
>wants it changed to an old workmans song about a homeless man committing suicide

u wot

What's your problem dickhead? Fuck off back where you came from

This, cunts fucking changed it,

This is the real deal here, Also I don't get why waltzing matilda should be our anthem, it's just a folk song and isn't really nationalist.

>defending an embarrassingly bad anthem

I bet you unironically listen to Slim Dusty and like it, you shit cunt.

National anthem should make us feel pride to be Australian, not embarrassed. We have the worst one in the world. Even Africans have a better one.

Tries too hard to be our star spangled banner desu.

I will fucking THROTTLE you GOOK.

It's trash you have shit taste in music you fucking pleb.

eat a fucking cock cunt

kill yourself gook cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=erSJGrpfnOI

secretly one of our real national anthems. australia has around 15 national anthems. they are all our hit songs from 50-90's

GOD BLESS AUSTRALIA

Once - a single time

jolly - gay, but not in the same sense as that understood by the young men of Darlinghurst. (US readers subsitiute "San Francisco" or something similar in place of "Darlinghurst".)

swagman - itinerant worker, called a swagman because of the "swag" normally carried by such persons. A swag comprises the worldly belongings of the swagman, wrapped in a blanket and formed into a back-pack. A swagman is also known as a "swaggie"

camped - made camp (nothing to to do with the behaviour of the Darlinghurst set)

billabong - oxbow lake formed when a meandering river cuts through its own course leaving a segment of the river isolated from the main stream

under - beneath. Implies that there is something above (this may be wishful thinking)

shade - half a pair of sunglasses

coolabah - type of tree which grows in some of Australia's wetlands

tree - a woody thing with leaves, which gets pissed upon by dogs

and he - a distortion of the swagman's name (Andy)

sang - another distortion

watched - something the swaggie did while waiting

waited - something the swaggie did while watching

'till - another distortion. Not to be confused with the money receptacle found at the checkout in most stores.

billy - a tin can with a lid, and a looped wire handle over the top. Used by denizens of the Australian outback as a cooking utensil primarily for the boiling of water to make tea

boiled - what happened to the water when it was heated to 100 degrees. (This effect is not so apparent in backward countries like the US, where the water must be heated to over 200 degrees before anything interesting happens)

>waltzing matilda
why would a bush poem about a bloke stealing a sheep and then immediately killing himself be our anthem?

desu Russia's anthem is the best

Agreed.

Fuck off communist cunt, you pathetic good for nothing shit.

go to Russia then faggot you're not wanted here

You'll - a distortion

come - no comment

waltzing - walking; the term used by swagmen to describe their means of travel

matilda - the name given by one particular swagman to his swag. Apparently the swaggie in question was a Dutchman who came to Australia after his wife, Matilda, had died. He adopted the swaggie's lifestyle, and named his swag in memory of his wife. Use of the name spread. (This is supposed to be a true story. Really.)

down - opposite of up (see next line of song)

jumbuck - a sheep, specifically a young ram

drink - to swallow water or other liquid, to imbibe alcoholic beverages (the latter being somewhat unlikely behaviour for a sheep, so water is assumed - this assumption may not be correct however, since it is said "to drink at" as opposed to "from")

up - opposite of down (see previous line of song)

jumped - to have performed a jump or leap, or in this case probably just standing up briskly.

grabbed - seized suddenly, snached

glee - Matilda had been dead for quite some time

shoved - pushed, stuffed, packed. Presumably after skinning and gutting

tucker - food, hence "tucker-bag"

bag - sack, usually made of hessian. The term also refers to a woman of similar appearance (to the hessian bag, not the sheep.)

squatter - a landholder through occupancy rather than purchase

mounted - sitting upon (we hope this is not a reference to the Darlinghurst types mentioned at the beginning)

thoroughbred - a breed of horse. Not much use in the Australian bush or as a farm horse, but probably ridden by the squatter as a symbol of wealth. A similar phenomenon may be observed in Sydney, where one can see the odd yuppie driving his Ferrari over the Harbour Bridge in the peak-hour.

trooper - outback policeman

one, two, three - just to show that the swaggie could count

"Where's that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tucker-bag?"
- a singularly redundant question

Their anthem is the best, not their country you dumb nigger

disagree youtube.com/watch?v=_UE80Giic7k

>Up jumped the swagman and jumped into the billabong

jumped(1) - (see previous definition)
jumped(2) - in this case probably more of a misguided leap, especially when one considers the ending to the song

alive - what the sheep isn't

Ask them what they'd replace it with to ferret out if they're anti-Australian or speaking in good faith. I'd replace our national anthem, but with Battle Hymn of the Republic because the tune is so much better. I'd probably update the lyrics though.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501051737334.webm

theirs is all so burdensome

rocket's red glare
youtube.com/watch?v=viikwwTLzBw
the bombs bursting in air

Only the vocals are good in my opinion the instrumental and lyrics can go fuck itself. Damn commies

do you even speak russian?

Mine eyes have seen the Glory of the Coming Afroduck.

He is anonymous and Legion and he doesn't give a fuck.

He hath earmarked Habbo Hotel for his Nigra hordes to block.

His AIDS is spreading on!

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH

HIS AIDS IS SPREADING ON!

>russia
>china
>best anthems
Sounds like someones itching for some freedom TM
youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

youtube.com/watch?v=5YR23ss1_n0

youtu.be/SXBqYVMeYjE

I understood less than half the nouns in that song

TRASH
Better than Australia's by a mile though.

I'm a Southerner but you're off your rocker if you think any civil war era song can compete with BHotR, ignoring lyrics. Get someone like Stephen Miller to rewrite the lyrics for our contemporary zeitgeist.

The Hendrix version is better btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=TKAwPA14Ni4

Wtf is a swagman

No one can truly understand what actually motivates the Australian or compels him to keep going...

'Straya Cunt manages to translate a good portion of it

IS BRUM /OURCAR/ ?????

IS 2017 IS THE YEAR OF BRUM-POSTING ??????????????

What? This is our national anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=9iUKd16fqLI
We just use that other one to troll the world.

First off neither are in any capacity to judge second off i hate that hendrix cover all he does is play it terribly with distortion

#BRUMED

HOW CAN OTHER CARS EVEN COMPETE?

LEAVE AUSTRALIA ALONE

THEY ARE OUR GREATEST ALLY

AMERICA-AUSTRALIA FRIENDSHIP UNTIL THE END OF TIME ASSHOLES

I'm just a spectator stuck in the Nevada desert my whole life and a spectator in most ways -- I like both, battle hymn is lyrically superior and possesses anthem credit, arms to dixie is more celebratory methinks.

Based brum
Vehicular lives matter

i thought this was your real national anthem youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

Kek'd and check'd.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jHXu86O01w
I ment this, fucked that up

g.co/kgs/vq6Znz

Mr Proyministah if you are reading this pls make Borry the new anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPDLJ1UU2Uk

Australia was a cool ass musical vibe though

Only when we get defeated.

has*

niggering typos will be the ruin of me

Oh lol oops yeah that one is cool.
Not apoligising for this comment though :P

youre about to get your block knocked off mate. hendrix is imitating the sounds of helicopters, jets bombing and guns during it

He certainly is bombing

Picture related should be our anthem. Unfortunately a kindly user played and recorded it a while ago, and the music really isn't suited for an anthem, but the lyrics could be easily adapted

SEPARATED BY A VAST OCEAN, BUT BROTHERS FOR ETERNITY.

THE AMERICAN-AUSTRALIAN ALLIANCE IS UNBREAKABLE

Picture upload didn't work for some reason, this is what I meant: trove.nla.gov.au/work/16921296?q&versionId=19860103

Your flag doesn't change your ID ya silly cunt., I don't mind helping an american, but the way you pretended to not bewas just stupid

>what a fucking blast from the past

post more obscure shit from my childhood that i've forgotten about

fuck off

Real Australian national anthem. Shitposting in song form.
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

It is a good anthem, we are not changing it. Put it to a vote again, we will vote to keep it again. For all you little Gen Z ankle biters here, shut your fucking mouth it, you were raised by progressive druggies and you are too young to have an opinion on the matter. Shut the fuck up. And as for the yank OP, turn up to a world war on time you piece of shit taxing dodging coward, you are allies to no one and morally corrupt vultures scavenging on war debt.

See

>fQ4Vsit2

>ldYA15t3

please i have 3 phones with 4g to shitpost from

YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN BLOOD BROTHER

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE

youtu.be/4MFVhqcRpN4

youtube.com/watch?v=JPlQS1pzHdA
why not this?

>our country is the only anglo-state left that isn't utterly embarrassing

not for long though if we continue to trail on britain and america's coat-tails

death to san franmelbourne!

This is so Australian it hurts.
>They even stole the melody.

youtube.com/watch?v=jD3SkTyXzcE

The plurality of commenters here acknowledge the Russian anthem as best among anthems, and I think part of this is because the melody has a tragic, minor key quality. Yes, Dixie is more celebratory, but aside from the political considerations of using such a song, I think the "tragic" nature of a song such as BHotR is more apropos for us now. We're no longer a young unscathed nation (look how many around today are newer, almost none have older continuously operated governments). While our tragedies and missteps aren't on the same scale as Russia's, our continued existence and status as a free people has been called into question in recent decades. We should find the encouragement to persevere.

BHotR combines the sadness and tragedy of what we must live through with the certainty and faith that we *will* see it through successfully, through sheer grit if nothing else. Star-Spangled Banner has elements of that, but in a more microcosmic and self-congratulatory way. In my opinion, BHotR is the musical encapsulation of the following quote:

>The North is determined to preserve this Union. They are not a fiery, impulsive people as you are, for they live in colder climates. But when they begin to move in a given direction, they move with the steady momentum and perseverance of a mighty avalanche; and what I fear is, they will overwhelm the South.
-Sam Houston

Fuck Melbourne. The city is just a degenerate nest of latte sipping scrawny manbun hipsters destined for the gas chambers, while the surrounding suburbs are infestested by lebanese trash. West Sydney is like this also.

If you compare it to German, Russian, Polish... whatever European country... It's gay, wow. There should be something about ANZACs at least, I think.

is it possible to make an anthem in this style?
youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

Fuck this propaganda shit.
Everyone knows that the QANTAS ad song is our true anthem.
youtu.be/iTJF2WcRBYo

Actually I am going to agree with you on that song being our true anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI&list=RDWG48Ftsr3OI&ab_channel=Stargazer

If this song doesn't bring a tear to your eye then you're not Australian. Fucking poms used us, thier anglo brothers as cannon fodder.

Get back on your tin boat and fuck off you gook cunt, Slim Dusty was iconic.

No, THIS is the real anthem

youtube.com/watch?v=dqUdI4AIDF0

wholesome

>other counties will never be the land of the free and the home of the brave
Sad!

Australians actually have a "national sorry day", how can you defend this?

Video related was the other choice on the referendum but only won in SA: youtu.be/aVUIR6NXcuw

I suspect most Australians don't want that shit, some bureaucratic faggot sjws prolly made that happen with Jewish help

Cos we have better things to do then talk about the merits of a national anthem. Beats the shitpost out of the star spangled spanner.

youtu.be/RviuTfdfArM

Legit thought this was the strayan national anthem, either that or the "sing kookaburra sing" song because you cunts would do that

While I agree it is a great song.. And funny with the whole "upside down" theme (Keep the shit potsing to us Aussies m8) No USA bro will make an Aussie theme