Millennials are in debt because they pick the shitties degrees, pic related...

Millennials are in debt because they pick the shitties degrees, pic related. A girl I know is getting her MASTERS in LIBRARY studies

Other urls found in this thread:

ischool.uw.edu/
youtube.com/watch?v=N-wPJ5NmSAs
youtube.com/watch?v=62yTg68sUQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Librarians make pretty decent money, my friend is one. The only issue I see is with the way technology is going I'm not sure how secure the job is with all the e-book mumbo jumbo.

You don't need to go to college to understand how to organize and recommend books

>Kent State

what information science is actually a good soft science degree people can get jobs for...

You mean shit like womens studies, sociology etc...

>online program

lol ONLINE PROGRAM
christ

Fair enough, I'm not necessarily arguing that the concept of needing a masters to be a librarian is a little silly, just that it's a pretty niche job and there's plenty of worse degrees out there you could be getting, if she ends up with a job at a library and makes the average salary it's not like she's going to be in a tight spot.

Lol I found the drop out.

I'm so glad I didn't go to college. I'm 23 and already making 60,000 a year being a manager.

You do if you plan to be in charge of university libraries. Those have millions of books, movies, pieces of equipment, etc. you need to keep track of and organize. The pay is decent as well.

It's more than that though. The reason they made the program is because they were sick of the libarts faggots who couldn't find jobs trying to apply as a last resort. It ended up being actual work though and they needed people who were properly trained.

We have an entire generation clamoring for talking-head degrees and it's going to create one hell of a debt vortex.

>Bragging about making 60k
Lmfao the Jews have gotten you good my man, wage slavery is just as bad as chattel slavery

a masters is a bit much but if online then its dirt cheap so no worry there.

Debt vortex

> tips fedora

>Tips foreskin

Sadly, I also know a girl who got a masters in MARRIAGE COUNSELLING. What the fuck do you need a masters in that for?

I'm still in college you simp.

Tbf he is doing better than the plebs who went 50K into debt for a business degree only to end up making 60K same as OP

While both of their masters are making millions a year from their hard work. If you aren't selling a product, you're selling yourself. How is that different that slavery?

>MARRIAGE COUNSELLING
100$ says her marriage will end up in a horrible divorce.

most people who work in major libraries(universities, state, etc) are mostly computer scientists or data engineers.

their work involves writing software, managing databases, and integrating outdated media/content.

it actually seems pretty comfy.

Writing this as someone who actually tried this for one year, as it has IT in it as well:
There is a gigantic system of codes and signs attached to books and their archives, and there is a whole science behind archive keeping, it is not as simple. This is a legit thing, even though it was not for me.

meme degrees with master in pepe studies when?

Look, I'm just happy I'm making a very decent living without going into massive debt. I started working 3 years ago at my current place, and now I'm a manager (my other co-managers are 20-40 years my senior). I got to where I am because I used muh high IQ to massively increase productivity and efficiency (I work in the IT field).

You can meme all you want about being a wage cuck, but I'm going to be making 6 figures by the time I am 30, all without getting cucked by the college jew.

College is a gigantic shit test and networking

If you can tolerate years of bullshit and indebtedness you've proven yourself worthy of a salary possibly better than mediocre

It's comfy because they don't have to work hard and the state pays for it. Parasites leeching off those who actually work.

My sister has the exact same degree and works in a library for 16 dollars an hour kek. She's so deep in debt that her fiance left her because she his it from him.

I make twice what she makes as a lineman for the power company and i got paid for my training. Why you need a degree to be a fucking librarian is beyond me, she does nothing the average person couldn't do.

That's average over the entire nation lol. Places like California where cost of living forces them to pay them better. Also that's terrible money for someone with s masters degree. I made that fresh out of my union apprenticeship.

Bro, that's probably some unemployed fatass from /r9k/ jealous you have a job. Anyone who actually uses wageslave as an insult is a natural born loser.

>It's comfy because they don't have to work hard and the state pays for it. Parasites leeching off those who actually work.

overhauling and updating a database with terabytes of data isn't hard -.-

lol that is the exact thing I said looking up MBA's. I have a History masters and need a better degree. Yes maybe I'd make 100K someday but at my experience if I became say a Purchasing Agent/Buyer I'd make 40-45K. Cost of the MBA? 60K+. You could say oh do Finance user. And I mean I could its just most jobs in it pay about 50K.

I then realized the redpill that almost 99% of jobs pay the same thing, its only the Alpha Type A people who can break through and get those 100K jobs.

Yeah this would be me too if I had this degree, her only hope is that in 10 years the government will forgive all her debts but by then she'll be too old to marry. Fucking Jews. Sorry for her degree choice.

Why are Libraries even a thing in the 21st century. We have the internet.

This is why I'm against free college. It sounds good on paper and I want white Americans to have the education needed so we don't need to import people to do our jobs, but they pick the most retarded degrees to get. It's amazing that there are people who really think the tax payers should shell out 60k dollars so someone can get a degree in dance therapy just to continue not contributing anything to society.

I'm not using it as an insult, I'm using it as a call to action. I'm a wage slave too, every person in the middle class is. 150 years ago wage slavery was considered just as despicable as chattel slavery, and was one of the most pressing issues into the late 19th century, when media began shifting public perception of workers rights, and corporations literally killed workers rights advocates.
I'm sure you've seen it, the propaganda we are fed about unions, how the teamsters were all evil. You know who makes that propaganda? The elite upper class, they feared unions, they feared actually paying their works for what they do. Worker owned businesses need to become the standard again, corporations are the enemy of democracy, and are their own private tyrannies

Kikes glamorized being a kike in the media, an entire generation had these kikes forced on them as "heroes" and role models. Kikes brag about how they are nepotists and tribalists, but then pass it all off as "being white". An entire generation assumes they can study bullshit and get rich just like the kikes they worshipped growing up. They are secretly ashamed for that "white" privilege of knowing they will be rich once they get their bullshit job after finishing their bullshit degree. Then it all falls apart, but they double down and become niggers demanding gibs.

Library and Information Sciences is the parent department for things like data science, cybersecurity, and information management.

Here's an example. Stop being luddites. Most masters programs are designed to be "smart people" trade schools.
ischool.uw.edu/

Consulting. But you need good MBA on top of other relevant degree in IT, finance, Manufacturing, etc.

Librarians make good money... $70k-150k

That's why guaranteed student loans are retarded. Student loans should function like a business loan, where lending is dependent upon expected returns and ability to pay the debt. Giving loans for worthless degrees is like giving business loans to companies you know will fail. It makes no financial sense.

No you don't. If you cannot learn a library system in less than a week, then you're functionally retarded and should be taken to a field and shot.

College is just an extremely expensive and wasteful IQ test. And IQ tests still predict career success more accurately than degree status.

I myself have Bachelor's in cryptography and Master's in Finance. Finished MBA last year in one of top Universities in US, MBA raised my income by 50%+.

Although I work in one of Big4 and they paid for my MBA (zero percent employee loan). As long as I keep working here, my loan will be forgiven in 4 years. So pretty much they paid for it out of their pocket.

College is Boomer welfare and a 4 year LARP that you're gaining value or skills

it's used to put you in debt to justify why you then become a bitch to a Boomer's corporation

>there's 4 years worth of material to study about putting shit into a predetermined spot
wat

slide thread
shariablue is trying to hide the news on seth rich

Librarian is actually pretty tough work.
I take it she can lift 40-50 pounds over her head while on a ladder?
She's going to need to do that.
One of the jobs of a librarian is archiving documents and that means moving banker boxes filled with documents on high shelves.

You're also going to have to know how to plan records retention, use code catalogs, and storage/transport of research materials, handling of microfiche, digital transfers, and all kinds of other things.

A Librarian doesn't just shush people and sit at a desk all day.

when i was 7 years old i watched open university on bbc
30 years it was something of value, it was the homestudy oxford degree.
by 10years old i would've had a degree in science, chemistry and mechanics.
damn you mother you denied me to apply for that, because that was something i realy wanted to do with dad backing me up on this!

You need the degree of you want full time

Passed the assessment text (electrical engineering graduate) with flying colors however I moved upstate due to unforeseen circumstances & missed out on my stable job by the sea

I plan on getting my degree (masters) in library science and becoming a qtπ librarian +flirting with everyone I meet

>30 years ago* it was something of value

Nigga, you unironically laughed at a dude for making a decent living... grow up.

Some slave masters treated their slaves better than others, it doesn't change the fact that they were still slaves.

>12,000 in debt
>went to those TV colleges
>mostly in credit cards
Im not that fucked am I?

He is making that wage without any debt from school. You're dumb as fuck and sound like a delusional NEET. Get a job.

What'd you get out of it? You working?

>triggered

This. I know someone who got a masters in library studies - she makes a damned good living, has endless job security, and has an interesting job, as her library has an extensive antique book collection. Her goal is to settle down, have kids, live in a quiet town a short commute to the library she works with, and do that the rest of her life.

You could do worse. People with degrees like that actually do stuff. It's the "woman's studies" assholes who serve no purpose.

Yea I am working but slowly chipping away at the debt. My mother in law offered to stay at her place for free to clear up the debt, but she is too far where I live and traffic is a bitch but I can send my kids to a private school if I choose to go

I got a Computer Science degree.

Spent the first 5 months out of college unemployed.

Got first programming job out-of-state, commuting 2 hours a day, for a demoralizing $32,000 salary working 6 days, 50 hours per week.

Saved up enough money after a few months of commuting to move to my job.

$600 rent + $350 student loans + bills meant I was working my ass off and not making any savings. Made it 2 years before I was under water. quit and moved back home with parents.

been NEET status for the past year. no programming jobs in rural-bumfuck-nowhere

What degree does crypto fall under? Have any book recommendations?

They're in debt because they're Obama's kids, and therefore stupid as fuck.

know how to organize it or know what each of the numbers means?

I'm just going to be an eternal grad student lel

Math

but she will know how to get through it.

You're doing it wrong. Just get a remote telework position. Easy starting 60-80k job.

You need to put yourself out there, as there are a handful of good remote jobs.

My story;
> Went to 4 year collage for CS, realized the classes were all bullshit
> Transferred to community college, got AAS in Network Technology & Security
> Apply online for company X as a DevOps/Sysadmin person.
> Been working for them over 2 years now
> Currently making over 90k, 40 hours a week, benefits and unlimited vacation + stock options.

Good jobs are out there, but you need to look. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere.

The first time I ever learned about open university was from one of your sitcoms

youtube.com/watch?v=N-wPJ5NmSAs

youtube.com/watch?v=62yTg68sUQc

Onslow was the best red pilled character. He is typical Sup Forums.

SLIDE THREAD

EMOTIONAL KIKEBOOK SLIDE

AWAN ARRESTED , FOUND SERVERS AND LEAKS TO FORIGN GOVERNMENTS , WIRE FRAUD

COMEY-MCCABE REVEALED , WIFE GIVEN 700K FROM HILLARY CLINTON

This is going to be a dank time-line

Pic related

Don't forget, she can always marry into a good life.

Bro, if you're working and earning a decent wage and consistent on payments, your debt should be manageable. It'll suck for a while, but just focus on clearing that shit. On the Brightside, being consistent with it should build your credit score. Sucks that school was a bust though.

>go to state college
>get (shitty) English degree
>work for a newspaper and make connections
>quit and start writing freelance
>$75,000/yr
>get tired of that
>get public relations position at hospital
>$55,000/yr

I don't know what all of these idiots are doing, but they're doing it wrong--whatever it is.

they're ALA-accredited programs and almost all of them are online. you guys don't know what you're talking about.

>information just organizes itself!

>believing the IQ meme

IQ is a scam and was created by a French cuck with his Jew assistant. You idiots need to realize IQ is biased towards libcucks (e.g. libcucks have a higher IQ than conservatives). This is the same commie tactic like the poor versus the rich and the non-whites versus the whites. It doesn't fuckin' matter if IQ successfully predicts career success either. Your IQ fluctuates throughout your entire life depending on your state of mind, whether you are dead tired, drunk, on drugs, etc. Once you realize IQ doesn't matter in the real world, then will you truly be intelligent.

>"oh boy im sure gonna get that starbucks job"

This is sad desu.

I was thinking of going to my bank and do a loan to pay off eevrything and just pay the bank for a low interest since its those credit unions but I have sitting on the idea.

If you're trying to program, you need to create stuff and put it out there. Be willing to move. Otherwise get some certs and get your foot in the door at some IT company and progress from there. Quit sitting on your ass doing nothing though. That's the biggest waste.

You dont need 4 years of higher education to learn the decimal system

ITT:

People not realizing that getting a degree on how to manage and run a library is a legitimate endeavor.

Large city libraries and university libraries have a lot of important property, libraries are sort of like museums. You got to know what you're doing to do everything correctly, there's so many archival and catalog codes on top of everything else.

It's not an easy job, and rarely anyone actually gets the degree to become one (where you can operate a city library or university library) so I guarantee this chick will graduate with a job.

Not a millennial but a lot of college is pointless in the US. Not because the education is implicitly useless, just because the jobs aren't there.

I have a MS in chemistry. It's incredibly hard to get a non-contractual job. Manufacturing has all been outsourced to China.

The most money I've made sense graduating was working in a Dutch ecstasy lab (statute of limitations).

Even Chemical Engineers I know are bitching about job security.

College is misleading when presented as education. That's useless, education without application just gets mentally flushed.

How does a chemistry major get a job in an ecstasy lab? asking for a friend

Libraries are better than colleges in my opinion.

This. Like what I said earlier about IQ. What good is your education when you can't even make a living and have to rely on your parents? If you can't make money by yourself and live independently without your parents' help while enjoying your life, you are a failure and your education was worthless and a waste of time.

No clue now. Back in the day a lot of synthesis sites were clear web and the scene was fairly open.

Things are a lot more shady now.

I guess where this starts to suck is it's hard to be totally pragmatic. Some people are passionate about certain things. It's not unrealistic to expect you'll do well doing what you enjoy. It's unrealistic to expect you'll get the opportunity.

Also the job market is really dynamic. Whole industries have essentially died and new ones become massive in less than 40 years.

Yo, that NT&S sounds like it would be good for me, what CERTS did you get while at community college? I want to jump on that train, help a homie out!!

If you honestly and legitimately think librarians make 61k......kys

That is correct. You can be passionate about something but don't completely push out the reality of the situation. I will give you an example of my life when I was a dumbass kid.

While growing up, I watched my parents go from rags to riches literally. My dad was an electrical engineer who opened his own business while my mom was an ICU RN. They did this outside the US and I tried to emulate their success in the US in my life. I went to uni, as expected, expecting to be successful in something STEM for 12 fuckin' years, attempting 4 fuckin' STEM degrees (libshit arts classes included) and eventually dropped each and every one of them. I blew $250K of my parents hard earned money on this shit for nothing. Finally, I had enough and told them I couldn't please them with some stupid degree while blowing their hard earned money as if throwing more money at the problem will fix it. That is when they realized academia in the US is fucked, which is what I was trying to tell them after 3 years of uni shit (I spent about 7 years in the libshit arts before going into STEM). In the end, my dad asked me to help him with his business because he couldn't trust anyone in the family to do shit perfectly like me. So I helped him out since I owed him (I was thankful my parents paid for my education in full but Christ it didn't have to go this far). In the end, I make over $150K/year going all over the world helping my dad make deals left and right. It's not what I expected but life says fuck you and your plans faggot. I do enjoy the work though.

Money can help you do the shit you love to do and you don't have to ever worry about fuckin' letter grades, degrees, exams, and all-nighters studying for some test that you will forget years down the road. All that shit won't give you jack shit after all that hard work. People need to wake up and utilize their time better instead of hoping some one way solution is the only way to be successful.