What is the merit or value of having family?

What is the merit or value of having family?

I really don't understand why Sup Forumstards push "family value" so much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DIAEAVKcKrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They think it will matter somehow when you're dead six feet under.

You have to love the fuckers, just at least reproduce. It's for your own society, and the greater good

It stabilizes society and ensures procreation. Those are probably the biggest. I have a wife and 4 kids and love them, but it's a sacrifice at times. I see single guys having fun and spending their hard earned money on things, but I think in the end their life will prove to be unfulfilling. My wife and I have taught our kids well and they will hopefully go off and help make the world a better place.

Why does Sup Forums push drinking clean water and sleep so much?

Because people need to keep their fragile minds together by tethering it onto physical and metaphysical objects.

Oops, wait, specifically Sup Forumsacks? Obvious.
>muh master race

>why is propagating the species good?
Jesus Christ, Japan.

Because when you care about your family you care about the future. Because you care about your kids, and your kids will care about their kids, then you have to care about your kids, kids and so on.

When individual values take precedent over family values there is no concern for the future.

family is a outdated concept user, don't worry about Sup Forumstards

>checks flag
oh

Do you value interpersonal bonds and the benefits of these bonds? Do you assign value to making a mark on the world after your own demise?

Do you value pleasures and material things, and having more free time to yourself?

Just ask yourself what your priorities are, nip.

It's through the family unit that societies have traditionally inculcated values in children. The father would teach his sons how to farm, work, etc, the mother would teacher her daughters how to cook and clean and generally be "womanly"

Then of course there's the material benefits of sharing resources and land, which I guess isn't as relevant today but was very important when landowners were a class apart from the commoner. On top of all that is the general sense of wellbeing that most people feel (or at least used to) when caring for their offspring and seeing them succeed. It's a shame that all this has to be explained.

There is just as much value as you give it.
The truth is, people that value their families are simply better off than those that don't. When you have someone to live for it's a bit easier to wake up at 6 every day.
Sup Forums pushes family value because world with everyone caring for their families is world free of degeneracy.

The value of innocence. It's a new life, a fresh start. A new person, unconditioned by the world. Prior to ~2010, white kids, in the western world, grew up in a world that knew virtually no harm.

The weird outcasts, grouping together in places like Sup Forums, saw gore photos of trauma victims. This was super edgy and stomach turning the first time you saw it. The world the White Man built for his family, courtesy of Jesus Christ, is almost impeccable in its protection of innocence. Western kids have no idea the 'realities' of war.

"Normies" are, well, normal. The concept of harming another person, to gain or not, is foreign to most people. It's not something that crosses their mind.

Exceptions being non-whites, who, for whatever reason, lean towards harm and theft rather than holding innocence as the highest possibility.

>Japanese
>Most likely a male
>Doesn't think having a family is a big deal

Go figure

There is none. There are better ways of contributing to society. Sup Forumstards latch onto family values because it's the easiest, all they have to do is get lucky with the elephants they see at the gym and have a couple kids with her and boom, they think they're contributing.

You have it right, Japbro. Curbing overpopulation and doing some neat ass shit over there while cucking the US military. Just don't waste your life on animu, vidya, manga or whatever and it'll be fine.

It used to matter. It used to be good. Now we have bitches and whores and hostile enviroment for children. This is the world noone wants, but maybe it is the world humanity deserves?

>he actually spent his money to live with a woman and kid

for what purpose?

My happiness level is higher when I can do whatever I want.

Lol yes. You are state property. Forget about family, WE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW.

so your sons can help kill your enemies and also milky breasts.

Nice numbers. Kek confirming the blackpill.

>I think in the end their life will prove to be unfulfilling.
Sounds like sour grapes.
Women who do the single thing at length tend to regret it bitterly.
It's not as reliable for women.

>milky breasts
ok japan

Stop shitposting and go make some babies Suzuki.

How many times do you repeat that to yourself before you fall asleep?
How does it feel knowing that ultimately, unless you're someone known, you'll contribute nothing to humanity throughout your entire lifetime?

If you were being invaded by foreigners who tend to have double or triple the fertility rates of the native population whilst your people slowly kill themselves demographically through degeneracy , you'd also feel the need to stress the importance of family. Nippon people don't need to worry about such things because you know you'll see still exist and be the majority in a hundred years.

its just smaller scale

You are my new favorite leaf.
You make family life sound invaluable.

今で…………(^_-)

who give a fuck?

I would rather have bigger numbers in my bankacount than having kinds and less money.

Oh well, it's your life after all.
Enjoy having no purpose then.
After all, what merit and value is there in money?

Money isn't even real though.

How many times do you repeat THAT?

Fucking loser. Only people who give this much of a shit about 'muhhh family' are the pimply permavirgins all over this site lmao. Do something worthwhile with your time kid then maybe a girl will look at you

yeah you prefer gold? me too

you can but good car and house by money.

can you buy it by kids? you can't

Lack of loneliness, and a goal. Then again, maybe you miss solitude, and your hope to have raised a competent human doesn't pan out... It's all a risk.

>yeah you prefer gold? me too
Gold's value is subjective and thus non-existent.

Because having a family to grow old with is the only thing that matters. Don't ask me why this is. It's deep inside you. In all of us.
When people loose their home in a tornado and there's nothing left, they often say, " We still have each other " as though that other shit barely matters in comparison.
When a family member dies it sometimes breaks us.
Family is all that matters. Your clan. Your people. The rest of the world is all horse shit.

In general, unfortunately, people are brainwashed with """individualism""" so much that they have no sense of duty and sacrifice for other people. They have "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" etched in their mind that individualism is what they should strive for, and since family requires you to sacrifice some things for others, it is a gigantic turn-off for individualists. Microindividualism, however, leads to macrocollectivism, where people's individual value is reduced and stepping outside the norm isn't tolerated. A family is smallest form of society, which also bears resemblance to a state, which makes a family more independent and able to create culture, which in turn allows families to be used as bricks to build a nation. That aside...
1. Ensures you'll have a legacy, genetic and of knowledge.
2. Creates and preserves society.
3. Prevents degeneracy, if you're a decent parent.

I agree with op, you're a cuck if you have kids. Also not having kids doesn't mean you don't have a wife or partner.

>But muh species
Don't worry there's enough breeders out there, y'all niggas having 5 kids who have 5 kids etc, population isn't going anywhere.

>But muh happiness
Much happier without the thought of having to support some kid for 18+ years, get to keep my cash and I'm not chained down to a single partner if shit hits the fan. Besides my happiness is based on my experiences, not on fulfilling the duty of having a nuclear family.

>But everything else like money is inherently not real
What the fuck kind of argument is this? Saying money isn't real is like saying everything you buy isn't real. The food you eat, the clothes on your back, your home etc. There is very much value in money.

>But I'll be all alone when I die
We all die alone faggot, the point is not to obsess over death and just enjoy life.

Family is a big waste of fucking time, on one hand you could be raising a baby with your partner or you could go out and explore the world. Personally I won't have kids or I will murder them. Prove me wrong.

Being this angry about an opinion isn't good for your mental health. I wasn't even trying to bit anyone.
Since you seem interested, I lost my virginity at 18 and I'm doing fine.

Material goods aren't paricularly satisfying to have, the chase is fine but once you achieve that it all becomes hollow. Perhaps it's not this way for you but I personally like to give my life a higher meaning.

You understand that money buys more than just material goods, right?

Sure, I'm not claiming that money has no value, just that is not a good purpose in itself. As a means to an end, go for it.
You can make money for the sake of making money, just don't complain if you feel unhappy afterwards.

>Things can go wrong
Great point, if you're lucky you will have a loving family and kids that love and respect you. If not you can have kids for the sake of having kids, but don't complain if you're unhappy afterwards.

>exploring the world

I want to leave a legacy and be a strong father, ie; show my sons how to be strong capable men, while showing my daughters the example of the type of man they should marry, plus having your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren at your side before you die is way more comforting than dying alone in a hospital bed

>implies that exploring the world is worse than stuck with a load of screaming kids whilst eating at your balance

>implying you would not want to show your children the world
I would love to take my children to their ancestral lands in Spain, Austria, Scotland, and Poland (im prussian). not to mention hiking in Patagonia with my sons or having sushi with my daughters in Kyoto and enjoying Disney World with them

Good point.

legacy, preserve your culture/race, and so on

>What is the merit or value of having family?
none, mankind should be erased from the face of the earth/thread

I meant something a bit different.
For most people having a family, raising kids, etc. will lead to a much more fulfilling life than devoting oneself to making your bank account numbers go up. For many years I thought I had life figured out and there is nothing of value in this world other than pure reason and money. Then I grew up and found out that something was still missing.
You can argue that for you in particular it is not right and family sucks and such. It might even be true, but for an average person it won't. Most people have programmed in them to reproduce and defying that imperative is fighting against your own nature.
Obviously, there are countless things other than family and money you could pursue. Science is a big one for many, sports for others. I see many people around here desperately screaming for purpose in their lives and I think that losing traditional values and not having anything meaningful in place is a big contributing factor for their despair.

I guess it comes down to that, if you don't feel any fulfillment in your work or study or extracurricular or what have you, then you have to go the normie route and have kids. As far as fighting your own nature goes; I've always known that I don't want children, it was never a matter of fighting myself or great inner turmoil that led me to that decision, just something I've felt my whole life just as strongly as I do today.

Of course this varies greatly from person to person, I just tire of hearing people shocked that it's an option one would consider. As if it's unthinkable or that there are no other means of finding value in your life.

If it works for you, that's great.
I don't like the modern dislike towards family values, they're something that's been with us for thousands of years for a very good reason - they work.

Philosophers since Ancient Greece tried to figure out how should one live in order to be happy. Family is an old, tired and very effective answer to that.

We are born and have but a brief time of freedom before we work. And our bodies are driving us on with instincts leading to sex. Though entering our greatest years we destroy ourselves all too soon. Raising an imposter of you repeating all that you have learned. A wage slave married with children shackled by instinctual love. Neglecting yourself and your life for the children to live their life. And then when they reach your now age they repeat the same damn mistake.

I don't think there's a decline in people's appreciation of family values. 99% of people I speak to about the topic cannot wait to get started on having children and are surprised that I'm not in the same boat. I agree that if you're so inclined, raising a happy family will in turn bring you happiness but it surely not the only way.

As far as traditionalism goes I think the worst reason to do something is because "we've always done it this way" so I don't see eye to eye with this ancient wisdom. If I were to look towards family alone for happiness, I'd feel personally that I'd failed in other aspects of life and I'm clinging on to the idea of a "legacy" as if it means fuck all after I'm dead. I'd imagine this varies wildly for others though.

The question of why is it-self wrong. Love of one's family is common sense for decent people it's not something that needs justification or rationalization.

I don't think you genuinely believe anything you say.

You're scared of failing, so you pretend you don't want something that deep down you really do.

The whole "muh careeer" works up until about 30 or so, maybe longer if youre truly passionate. the people who get married and plan not to have kids are even more delusional.

You do you. If you don't want to have a family, thats your choice.

Lmao, that's funny that you think childless parents are delusional while you sit there and speak for the entirety of the human race and say "obviously everyone wants kids". I assure you every word I speak I believe 100% enjoy being a breedercuck

This

youtube.com/watch?v=DIAEAVKcKrs

>implying money brings you happiness

More dystopian garbage.

In the end you'll be in the retirement home thinking why you're children havn't visited you for over 5 years, also another war is immenent. What a great parent you are bringing your kids into the world to behold WW3.

I'll give a (You) to the dear neighbor, as we don't see you around here very often.