It's Not Your Imagination, Single Women: There Literally Aren't Enough Men Out There

>We talked to author Jon Birger about the shortage of educated men, where women should go if they really want to land a husband, and why boys aren't going to college in the first place.

>We all have that friend: the beautiful, intelligent, driven woman who—like Katherine Heigl in every rom-com—can't find a decent date. Every guy she goes out with is an asshole; she consistently dates "below" her league, and she's on the verge of giving up on a committed relationship altogether.

>Not long after he turned 30, the writer Jon Birger realized he and his wife knew a lot of women like that. The couple didn't have a lot of single male friends left, but the many single women they knew all seemed to be buyers stuck in a seller's market. One of those friends, Birger told me, "had been dating a guy for a couple years. It certainly seemed like they were well on their way to getting married. She was in her late 30s, he was in his mid 40s. She really wants to have kids, get married, the whole [thing]. And she's amazing in every way."

>One day at lunch, Birger casually asked her about her boyfriend. "Her whole expression changed," Birger recalled. They had just broken up. "They'd been dating for over two years and he said he 'just wasn't ready to settle down.'"

>This got Birger, a former economics writer for Fortune and Money, thinking: How could a man of that age be so cavalier about casting aside such an amazing woman? And why do we all have similar stories of incredible female friends trapped for years in dating hell? Why are there so many great single women? Where are all the great single men?

vice.com/en_au/article/3bj5yv/youre-single-because-there-arent-enough-men-253

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0oK2U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortage
unvis.it/vice.com/en_au/article/3bj5yv/youre-single-because-there-arent-enough-men-253
workofark.com/pdf/options.PDF
youtube.com/watch?v=Q60wHn1-rgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shortage of educated men
Go fuck yourself.

More like annonying self obsessed cunts who feel they're superior and aren't willing to settle.

>Is there any silver lining to this for women?
There has been some reaction from women who found [the book] life-affirming, because they realize it's not them. They had been blaming themselves for their lack of success [in the dating world], and this was kind of assuring in some way.

>So at the rates we're going, is there going to have to be affirmative action for boys, to keep things even?
A lot of elite private colleges are already engaging in quiet, de-facto, under-the-table affirmative action for boys. I went to Brown. The acceptance rate for boys is 11 percent; for girls it's 7 percent. The worst example is Vassar. Their acceptance rate for boys is 34 percent and for girls it's 18 or 19 percent.

What's interesting is that if you look at the top public universities that are bound by Title IX [when it comes to admissions], they all accept girls at a higher rate than boys.

>Right, because—
Girls are better applicants.

>So, where are all the men?
I mean they exist, they're just not going to college. This isn't China or India where they have a man-made gender imbalance because of all sorts of horrendous things. [Men are] out there, they're just not going to college. Last year about 35 percent more women than men graduated from college.

>she consistently dates "below" her league

meaning she chases after the top 10% of chads instead of only the top 1%?

Roastbeefs can go and kill them selfs.

>vice
Archive where

These women are basically Rebecca/Diane from Cheers, except fatter and uglier.

(((educated)))

Sorry.

archive.is/0oK2U

Don't settle for these women lads, let them off themselves.

>beautiful amazing woman
>absolutely dating material
>intelligent
>driven
>the real "go-getter"
>just perfect in every way
>incredible female friend
>great single women

Jesus Christ, how delusional can you be. I wouldn't touch you schizos with a ten foot pole.

it's not just "there aren't enough men". It is :
there aren't enough men meeting the unrealistic standards of western women in their 30s.
I prefer to die alone, a miserable virgin than touching these women who rod the cock carousel during 15 years and then cry because they cannot find some gullible man to settled down. No thanks, you let me down for these 15 years, you are on your own now.

>she consistently dates "below" her league
Let me guess: She can't cook, she can't clean, she's about a decade past her prime and she thinks that men give a fuck about her career.
Women need to realise that men don't care about high intelligence or income when it comes to women.
How to be a god tier female:
>look good
>cook, clean and care for the children
>be good at conversations
>laugh at my stupid jokes
>don't be a cunt

>have Master's degree in Chemical Engineering
>financially stable, no debt
>not fat or deformed

>5'8"...
>0 gfs, 0 sex

I'll just go ahead and climb into the reject bin.

80-20

20% of men fuck 80% of women.
A woman fucked by an alpha will believe he loves her, and belongs to him.

Only thing you can do is work, to become an alpha. Read the Rules of the Game, of Strauss, lift 20/30 min per day, learn to cook, and read.

And practice dating.

Until the comeback of Christianity as a state religion, it is the only thing to do.

/thread

>Chad pumped and dumped me once therefore I deserve chad husband

I'm not even mad my wife and the children she birthed are beautiful

here me

im right here

single girls hello

>pussywhipped cuck writes an article about wifey's amazing friends being so great they can't find a worthy man

>finnish archivebot

on vacation, nordbro?

Anyone got a pastebin, vice has it out for right wing archiving squads

I think they mean indoctrinated, but it's true, schools more and more are gearing their curriculum toward women / girls. They treat boys like defective girls. It's sad. It's why most college (((educated))) people are women and why so many men are falling short.

>strong empowered women who don't need no man can't find a man
>men help, plz

vice wont allow archives they are faggots

Feminism truly wronged the female population into thinking that they can have everything without having to give something up.

Hahaha. Roasties getting toasty.

just wait five years / ten years to get a solid 10/10 church waifu

>buyers in a seller's market

This is part of the problem, how can romance bloom and how can people forge romantic connections when women treat dating like buying fucking car in insurance?

I have a Master's degree in Computer Science, where can I meet all those desperate women?

>6'3
>240 lbs.
>Associates degree
>Confidence for days (this is the only important one)
>Was swimming in it but it's slowed lately as I'd like to settle down.

>whaaaa I will only marry a man who has gone to college, is more than 1.95 meters tall, has a cock bigger than 19 cm, has body fat below 5%, makes more than 300k $ a year, is funny, charming, kind, protective doesn't have x shaped knee joints and has nice feet!
>Why can't I find a decent man!?!?!?!?

>state sponsored jew religion
go fuck yourself kike

>>We all have that friend: the beautiful, intelligent, driven woman who—like Katherine Heigl in every rom-com—can't find a decent date. Every guy she goes out with is an asshole; she consistently dates "below" her league, and she's on the verge of giving up on a committed relationship altogether.

Someone needs to tell women that they need to start approaching men. The alternative is harem life or die alone with a cuckoo clock. It's up to them. But I'm done tolerating Uncle Sam as their Sugar Daddy on the side, that shit is over as soon as Uncle Donald trains the guns on the 27th.

I have to face it: I'm pretty at the bottom of the male dating pool.
Do you know who else is at the bottom? Fat feminists. I take solace at the thought that some fat feminist will live alone, die alone and have her corpse eaten by her two dozen cats because I choose (by now, voluntarily) to not date her.

I'm married and I agree with this.

>Y...yeah, only another ten years to go
*Me ten years ago*

I bet the ladies will just love the balding spots.

> below her league
On the one hand these women scream for human rights and that every piece of shit is a human being and valuable and such but when it comes to dating they suddenly think in categories.
Wonderful people. Surely.

>Computer Science
IT is for dumb people, I know it because I am an engineer in IT, easy as fuck. Chemistry and mechanical engineering are the real things.
devs are just slaves, you find thousands of them everywhere you go. What is not rare is not valuable.

>>This got Birger, a former economics writer for Fortune and Money, thinking: How could a man of that age be so cavalier about casting aside such an amazing woman?

Men are not entitled to women

[B}Women are not entitled to men[/B]

There's plenty of men, we just didn't have the time to sit in college until we are near 30 and we don't feel like being tied down to some cunt that's many thousands in debt because she needed a phd in basket weaving or whatever their deal was.

College whores don't want to settle for a working man. I see nothing new here.

>the thought that some fat feminist will live alone, die alone and have her corpse eaten by her two dozen cats because I choose (by now, voluntarily) to not date her.
never saw that, it's almost a relief, also women in their late 30s now will die miserably after 30 or 40 years of loneliness if they don't commit suicide. That can ease the pain.

>30yo used up sluts
>each one belives is a princess that deserves nothing less than a bodyuilding billionaire

Just let them die, we are in luck that gen z had so many female births, we will be able to divide between us and the gen z boys and there will still be women to spare

And... and applied maths desu ?
(and CS applied to maths)

I want to become a quant.

For real lol

>lift 20-30 min

Yeah, more like 60-90 min

> IT is for dumb people
> devs
In germany a dev is a seperate profession. Computer science is actually computer science. Like complexity theory, artificial intelligence or discrete math. I for example do static and dynamic analysis and that is probably one of the most practical fields in CS.

>here has been some reaction from women who found [the book] life-affirming, because they realize it's not them. They had been blaming themselves for their lack of success [in the dating world], and this was kind of assuring in some way.
How convenient, let these narcissist fade to the oblivion.

This was my reaction. Guys don't want to marry a woman who's fucked 100 guys...

20-30 minutes with a well controlled diet will keep you in agile shape. You won't be fucking ripped but you will be healthy and feel confident.

ATT anons!!!:
I've been wildly fortunate with women. I'm not particularly attractive nor well off. Most of you are over thinking your women problems. Here's some tips...
> #1 be fucking hygenic. Shower everyday, comb your hair, brush your teeth, use grooming products
> Smile and make eye contact (I know this one is hard for the autistic crowd) but with some practice you'll be fine
> Try to relate to her on a personal level... So many different ways to do this
> Don't be afraid to get close. Touch her hand and smile...
The test will take care of itself.

I don't know shit about mathematics
lucky you, you will work for the jews to create a more open society. What is the salary you can expect with 5 years of experience in your field ?

Anyone willing to dump their roastie folder?

>tfw dying alone means some dumb roastie has to die alone too

income no
intelligence yes, I need conversation ability to be pretty good to be tolerable

This hurts too much to admit to themselves, the problem must be external. Ask ANY MAN ON THE PLANET do you want a woman who's had sex with 100 men before you? or a woman who's had sex with 0 men before you. Social constructionists are to blame for so many of today's problems.

>women started outnumbering men at US colleges since the 1970s
>still increase the amount of female scholarships and programs aimed to put women into every field
>traditionally male STEM colleges I knew are now already past 50/50 gender split and starting to trend female
>destroy all of women's roles except for sex object

>where'd all the men go?

she's not alone, she is raising several of chad's children and gets an hour with him once a week

IT is generally dev type.
comp sci is theoretical.

You can generally do IT as a simpler study (like accounting) or as a trade. It's a bit like a plumber in the latter case.

whois?

I find it revolting that women think their bachelor in womens' studies is the same as a degree in engineering or any other tech field.
The only somewhat ok fields with high women representation are law and medicine.

>She was in her late 30s
>She really wants to have kids

90 min ?
Everyday.

No.

Lifting is regeneration. Your muscles become harder and stronger after they regenerate. You can not overstress your body, of you will damage it.

But truly, 5 min push ups, 5 min abs, 5 min squat is enough for your muscles. Of course, you need a more «stamina» activity, like a sport or bicycle.

You do not know about maths but about mechanical engineering, which is the use of tensors ?

>tfw studying at a prestigious university
>tfw attaining a worthwhile degree
>tfw I'll have every freedom in choosing a wife
nothing personnell, plebians

Oh no that sucks

what about the 27th?

>And why do we all have similar stories of incredible female friends trapped for years in dating hell?

Because they turn down all the actual offers they get

I also have wildly fortunate with women. I am particularly attractive and relatively well off. Here are my tips:

> I shower weekly
> I shave my hair
> I do drugs everyday
> I have a low aggression threshold
> I hate relating with people

The rest will take care of itself.

>educated women

There you have the problem. Who on this day still wants a woman that went through the anti-white brainwashing factories called western colleges

It gets even worse when women with college degrees somehow think they're intelligent

that's a half truth, what you're saying is true the way the school system tests students is designed for a female brain rather than a male brain but don't forget 70% of males would pick up labor, factory and trade jobs right out of highschool before we shipped those occupations over seas to china, india, indonesia and ect. I'm sure illegal immigration had an impact on men joining the workforce right out of highschool as well.

Boys aren't allowed to be boys.
Men aren't allowed to be men.
White men are being shunned from white collar work.
No fault divorce makes marriage a risk.

>tfw why can't I find a wealthy Chad to marry

>shortage of men
then why the fuck don't i have a gf

I am IT, I just know a bunch of guys who make real money in mechanics and aeronautics, or in chemistry or anything else but IT. Even microbiology is better. I have 13 years of experience as an "expert" in a very narrow field and I make only 47k€ a year. 7k€ of income taxes, doesn't leave a lot.

>dating hell

hahaha

I have a feelings its more a delusion about the quality of single women more than any other factor.

>All woman are beautiful and amazing. So crazy that men scream and run away from them!

nice combination. you can work for any major brokerage, financial institution or large research institute. you choose a difficult subject, but it's likely to be a winning combination. be sure to be well socially adjusted, and pursue portfolio projects in your own time to show employers how passionate and creative you are.

>DUDE BODYWEIGHT EXERCISES LMAO

Sorry, didn't know you were retarded. My humblest apologies.

These articles are really just a bunch of Jewish roasties realising that they will probably never have children because they chose self empowerment by working 60 hours per week in the cubicle with shitty pay over having a family when they were 20.
I know a few of these cases myself. Often good looking women who are fun to be around but damn, they whore around like there's no tomorrow.
And they ridicule the idea of having children up to the point when they realise it's over, then they get depressed.

I've always found this shit to be so damn enraging because women pretend like they know what they want but when you "talk" with them, you realize they have very little going on in their heads. I go to university and I live in Toronto so it's all mostly non-whites but the women are just terrible. The university is about 25% male, 75% female. The vast majority of the female students are near clinically retarded and I'm in pre med. It's a joke so I've just given up, I don't want a useless "career" roastie.

>lifting weights

you are all a bunch of plebs, buy a punching bag faggots, lifting is an illusion

College educated white male here doing online freelance work because places keep hiring diversity hires or only guys with tons of years experience. Where is my harem of women?

Oh yeah thats right I'm not rich, over 6'2", super sociable, with leftwing opinions and willing to settle for a girl who has had dozens of different cocks.

>I know a few of these cases myself.
every female manager in my company
>they ridicule the idea of having children up to the point when they realize it's over
meanwhile outside the white westerners bubble women are popping out babies like rain.

>How could a man of that age be so cavalier about casting aside such an amazing woman?

This is the exact thing these women did in their teens/twenties. Total lack of self-awareness. Sage.

>shortage of educated men
>vice

big surprise there

This is actually true in extremely rare cases, and almost certainly not for most of the women this guy has talked to. (Their problem is likely simple, as it is for most Western women: less lip, more nip.) I know a conservative girl who is IQ > 165 brilliant, beautiful, and extremely kind to everyone around her, but can't find dates because men are scared of her, aren't religious, or are too boring for her.

>wanted to wife her up (and she would have said yes) but I just couldn't bring myself to convert to Mormonism
>now drowning in a sea of aggressively dumb thots and hating every second of it
>now wondering "which is crazier: believing the garden of Eden was in Missouri and Jesus came from Kolob, or that going on a date with aly_baaee_xoxo #324234 or some girl I met at my salsa class is a good idea"

shortage (or excess demand) was caused by extreme regulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortage

Shortages (in the technical sense) may be caused by:

-Price ceilings, a type of price control which involves a government-imposed limit on the price of a product service.
-Anti-price gouging laws.
-Government ban on the sale of a product or service, such as prostitution or certain recreational drugs.
-Decisions by suppliers not to raise prices, for example to maintain friendly relationships with potential future customers during a supply disruption.
-Artificial scarcity

hm...so...

government imposed limits on sales of women and their price, many men changed preferences, many women remained unsold, now they are old and outdated, nobody wants to buy old shit.

the only good thing is that we are not in 1930s, such miscalculations in that times could lead to totalitarian dictatorship and mass murders.

they still can make 80% discount to sell all this old women, to charge on maintenance later, but they are too stupid to do it. maybe because profit from this operation is pledged to feed rich on paper but de facto poor arrogant and brainless babyboomers, who knows.

all that women and value that was spent to rise them (productive work) will be wasted...

i wonder who is behind this?

>Fuck up the natural order by climbing power hierarchies that are meant for men
>Surprised when you find out men will take the hot 20 year old over your skank ass any day of the week, no mater how successful you are
>Realize you've made your viable dating pool smaller by your own accord
>Get cats
WHO COULD'VE
POSSIBLY
HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?

> she consistently dates "below" her league
I think I see the problem.

>She was in her late 30s
>She really wants to have kids
Should've done that in her early 20s instead of being a whore and pursuing a career. It's too late for her now.

You know where all the good men went? They married the good women

This is sadly true.

In case you guys still want the archive
unvis.it/vice.com/en_au/article/3bj5yv/youre-single-because-there-arent-enough-men-253

Fuck Vice

workofark.com/pdf/options.PDF

According to some traders and quants I've met, this book is THE reference for market finance. I'm leaving the pdf here so you can make lots of money and protect the white race !

Meh, I'm not a lifter, I want to be complete. Cooking and patisserie skills, lift, maths, dating...

>Why are there so many great single women?
If she isn't married by her late 30s, she's nowhere near great. Maybe as a person, but not as a partner. Idk why this is so hard for these fags to understand.

based french

youtube.com/watch?v=Q60wHn1-rgE

Oh that's so sad that women can't find a man after fucking around for years. So sad.

This user knows what's up. Do the first two and then the fourth one and the vast majority of women get wet. I'm good at that kind of stuff but I rarely go out and have almost no friends it's basically a useless skill. I'm good at steps 2 through the end but it doesn't matter since I suck at step 1

yeah just be yourself dude