Why are Millennials not going to the movies anymore?

Why are Millennials not going to the movies anymore?

Hollywood is literally on life support...

>theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pEGDw
youtube.com/watch?v=7-z9EbsN_Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unarchived clickbaiters
archive.is/pEGDw

your fucking autism makes me want to give them the fucking click bucks

Fucking archive or don't post ASS PIRATE..

Maybe because every movie is the same boring, repetitive, market-study trash and nobody does anything well because the bar has been lowered so much?

Thanks, my man

thank you
gas yourself kike

Hollywood needs to die completely. No more Jews!

good fuck the kikes. i hope they all get shoahed for the first time this time.

>pirate flag
>doesnt archive

They aren't enjoyable anymore.

Too many competing forms of entertainment and entirely too much force feeding of politically correct themes.

Millenials understand how to use the internet, and the 40% of millenials that are right-wing HATE Hollywood in a way that Gen X and Baby Boomer conservatives did not as much.

Nigger, I have a backlog of like 3000 old classic films that I need to see, 500 books I need to read and at least 10 TV shows I have to watch. On top of that shit I actually have a life to live. I don't have time or money to see Star Jews Episode 666: Genocide of the Whitey.

Last year's summer movies sucked. This one was really good. I went to the theaters for the first time in 5 years.

because I'm not paying to watch shitty propaganda

>oi vey, doesn't it make you goyi- I mean fellow \r\pollsters want to give us shekel just to be edgy and controversial?

You don't feel anything when you see movies now. Except anxiety for the movie to end so you can leave. Plus the propaganda is insane in these movies. Hollywood is dead

Name one good movie made in the last 10 years.

Every movie is a remake, adaptation, or sequel to an existing franchise. There is no originality anymore. Now (((they're))) even starting to force diversity in everything.

Why would I want to pay money for that? Let it crash.

why do people still watch movies?

primewire.ag

Dunkirk

good

Grand Torino

wtf are they doing to that lion? is it going to be raped. wtf is wrong with hollywood

because it's all derivative shit and I'm better off just paying 3 or 4 dollars to rent a movie on youtube, come at me

I love you

Spider Man 3

Because movies are mostly shit with a few exceptions usually directed by Christopher Nolan or Stefan Spielbergõ.

You're a moron if you don't have adblock.

movies have generally been terrible for at least 10 years and get worse every year. it's fucking rare to find a decent film nowadays.

holywood has shifted to the chinese audience in the past 3-4 years, and now i believe the chinese box office sales surpasses mainland US (someone fat check me on this). the token chinese woman in all the big budget films of the last few years is not by accident.

the funny thing is when I talk to chinese people in china, they say that the american movies are not that interesting (remember, they've only really seen recent movies) and that super hero movies are too repetitive.

hollywood is fucked.

It's expensive and it sucks.

This. Christopher Nolan is /ourguy/

I can literally say I haven't seen any good movies in the past 5 years. I mean none of them stand out and make me want to recommend them to a friend. Actually I can't remember the last good movie I saw.

Wonder Woman

Nolan is God

It's almost as if their only fan base these days are leftists that don't work and live off neetbux and cannot afford to go to the movies.

Xmen: the X'ening

Ghostbusters II

It's getting a CT scan, or should I say Cat scan!! Heard that one from my buddies over at Reddit.

Last movie I watched was John Wick 2 in theaters it was just as good as the first. Its a 90s style action movie done right, also has great cinematography.

Edge of Tomorrow was a pretty goddamn good blockbuster.

I haven't gone to a movie theater since 2009. Born in '94.

check this one out, continent-brethren. it's on primewire

it really makes you think

HaHa. Thank you for the laugh, that is funny. It's pretty much like a meme. Reddit is really great. If the whole world was on Reddit we would be exploring other solar systems by now.

i would also recommend the john wicks. theyre not really deep movies that will change your life, but that's not the point - it was made to entertain and it does that well.

Nightcrawler
Moonrise Kingdom
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Black Swan
Jagten
The Lobster
Dogtooth
Let The Right One In
There Will Be Blood

this. Why watch the new garbage if there's a giant library of great stuff to see. I've never understood why certain people won't watch old films.

Only correct answer

>(((hollywood)))

Yes, it would be a shame if that jewish institution made less shekels.

This, probably my favorite movie I've seen in years

"If it bleeds it leads"

Oh hi, didn't see you down there.

Degenerates, the lot of you.

>can easily just watch the last century of entertainment online
well gee, I wonder why

In Bruges

>Pay 10-18 dollars to watch a movie once at a time and place not of your own choosing
or
>torrent it online for free the day after it comes out

this
also I watch a lot of danish films from around the 1960s to early 1980s. Way better stories and much more interesting.
Who in this day and age watch Hollywood shit? Isnt it just cape and super pants crap?

we are too busy putting avocado on toast =^)

We are too busy wage slaving to afford your social security while trying to afford a home to make a life.
Plus amazon firesticks

They are 2 hour toy commercials that are aimed at kids. That's (((Hollywood))) these days.

>Implying this isnt the most underrated movie of the last 10 years

It inspired me to listen to the police scanner when I lived in Chicago. Eventually I started going to shots fired locations, often arriving before the police did, seeing people bleed out and neighbors flip out.

Stringers and TV crews actually show up to these locations as well. It's fucking addicting man. It's like /cpd/ threads but 100x better.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-z9EbsN_Jo

you already know you're awesome
your faggotry makes me want to kms

Pretty much the only decent original IP as of late.

>think the entertainment industry will perpetually expand
>keep opening more and more studios
>seem to think the average joe has an unlimited amount of disposable income for movies
>put out one generic film after the next
>creativity dies due to an overly saturated market
>go from hiring the best actors to hiring the best looking actors
>have to rely on rehashing creative works from the past
>almost always put some stupid pc spin in the movies
>implying I want to give them money to butcher my favorite childhood comic book characters

most movies are re hashes from older movies filled with SJW bullshit.

killing (((hollywood)))

whats the problem

The cuckold

FUCK. HOLLYWOOD. FUCK THEM IN THEIR JEWISH ASS.

>when you want to disagree but remember Nolan gave us the CIA meme

Video games, and lack of OC.
That's a bot you fucking autistic nigger.

You got it kiddo

1. movie tickets are overpriced
2. the food is overpriced
3. the seats are cramped
4. other people smell bad
5. there's always some group of niggers being disruptive
6. the seats are unhygenic and can transfer lice, bedbugs, etc
7. the floors are always full of filthy and sticky shit
8. freedom of speech is null and void, you can't say the word 'fire'
9. you take away nothing of physical value
10. fuck you, that's why

>literally paying to deal with all of this bullshit

people want to stream shit on their devices and people have 50"+ lcd screens at home. there is literally no reason for anyone to go to the movies anymore.

There goes my hero

>In Bruges
mein negro

Looks like a homoerotic europiss flick.

because movies are garbage these days.

the only 2 great movies ive seen in the past 2 years are the 2 John Wick films.

also, Jurassic World was ok, but had too much CGI

>Star Jews Episode 666: Genocide of the Whitey

hehehehehe

>Why are Millennials not going to the movies anymore?

BECAUSE THE FUCKING MOVIES ARE MADE FOR CHILDREN EVEN IF THEY ARE FOR 16 AND OLDER

They have no story

I'm Gen X and you could not pay me to see a movie in a theatre. Overpriced concessions, people acting like they're at home talking and shit, goddamned niggers everywhere. Why the fuck would anyone goto a movie when you can watch it in peace at home.

Nope, its actually about the Formula 1 rivalry between Hunt and Lauda in the 70s, when there was a ~20% chance of you dying in every race.

John Wick 1/2
Pacific Rim
Jurassic World
Toy Story 3
How to Train your Dragon
Deadpool

Why say fire?

Niggers

Ex-Machina

That movie with Tom Cruise and the drones in a post apocalyptic world was pretty good.

You can get a month of Netflix or a Redbox movie every other night for the price of one ticket at the theater.

>based norway archiver
You're the hero

Lurk more faggot it's a bot

>tfw you are on BTN, PTP, HDB, AHD, and KG

It is like I can just say fuck you to Hollywood and a cable bill.

i fucking love you

>not posting the gif

cпacибo

I work in film production, and honestly you'd be surprised (or rather, totally unsurprised; Sup Forums really is always right) by how fucked up this industry really is.

I won't even bother touching on the whole diversity thing. Suffice to say that it really is as cut and dry as "fuck whypipo". And the whole paedophilia thing is also completely true (a couple of weeks ago, I was explicitly told during a casting meeting to look for the most attractive black 13 year old that I could find... It was for a single inconsequential scene, and yet the director absolutely insisted on this and went into lots of detail about what he was looking for...).

What might actually surprise people is the wastefulness and total lack of professionalism in the industry.
Since managing the budget is a big part of my job, it's something that I'm keenly aware of. For example, when you make a new film, the production has to be registered as a new LLC (basically a brand new private company) for legal and tax reasons. It's very common for a film in preproduction to have to just buy a whole new office off the shelf (new everything - desks, chairs, everything). At the end of production, we just do a fire sale to get rid of all this (almost brand new) stuff as quickly as possible, or worse, we just throw it in a landfill. It's extremely wasteful.
This is why companies like Netflix are doing so well. The movie industry is set in its ways. It's too fat and bloated. In hindsight it was only a matter of time before a lean new startup with an eye on the bottom line burned this whole thing to the ground.

kodi

The 2 john wicks, dunkirk, and mad max. The only decent movies, and the only movies I have actually gone to the theaters to see. Why pay money to watch crap?

Hacksaw Ridge was good

>tfw haven't been to the movies in 4 years
Maybe I'd go if I had a girlfriend, but even then, probably not.

Probably because all movies are trash these days. I mean even the average beta nu-male faggot can only tolerate so many super her oand comic book movies.

Star Wars Force Awakens was the last film I saw in theaters, that's where I called it. Hollywood is a flesh eating virus consuming its own host. You can't stop it, but you can look away.