I am interested in learning more about Anarcho-Capitalism

I am interested in learning more about Anarcho-Capitalism.
Is Ayn Rand a good start?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/wCIpgNA.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard

Yes

Rand isn't an ancap. Try Rothbard or Hoppe

no. read some Ron Paul books

Any suggestions?

Remember not to be racist!!!!!!
WAKE UP POL!!!

What's your political view right now? Who you should first read I think depends on what you think now. It's a HUGE leap from a moderate R to AnCap.

Well here is my most recent political compass.
I like the ideas of libertarianism, but I just find it hard to implement with a large and diverse population.

No ayn rand isnt a good start, because she understood how a state worked. Ancaps do not

If you listen to podcasts check out Jason Stapleton. Southern boy, former marine, knows his shit. He's more of a straight forward libertarian/minarchist but very digestable and can open you up to ideas about modern day politics with that slant. If you don't know shit about economics go read "Economics in One Lesson" by Henry Hazlitt. It's pretty much the Old Testament to a lot of guiding principles.

No Ayn Rand wasn't an anarcho-capitalist. Start with "Anatomy of the State" by Murray Rothbard, then move to economics: read "Many, Economy, and State" by Rothbard for that. To top it off, read "Democracy: the God that failed" by Hans-Hermann Hoppe

Just watch some Molyneux videos. You'll get it eventually how statism has ruined everything.

I already watch Molyneux.
My problem is I don't see libertarianism working without an educated population (which I don't see happening anytime soon with the currant amount of third world immigration).

State run schools are garbage. A free market society will educate itself. The US was highly libertarian until the 1930's and it worked just fine.

Without the welfare state and byzantine labor laws there would be no 3rd world immigration, at least no en mass.

Ayn Rand is a popular start, sure. But Ayn Rand kind of sucks. She's a great filter. Either the ideas resonate intuitively or they're intuitively awful.

If you're going to start with Rand, there's going to be a... translation gap. Even if you have the same kind of mind that Rand herself did, her conclusions are weird and take thinking about. If you don't have the same kind of mind as Rand herself, you're going to have to figure out what that mind is before you can understand the conclusions she made with it.
The best tip I can give is, Ayn Rand wasn't really a woman. She was physically, but... Rand's entire mental perspective is masculine narcissism, a perspective that has generated more tyrants than anarchists, and that means she isn't the most natural defender of the markets.
It does at least make her one of the few authors who really has the potential to persuade other masculine narcissists of the merits of libertarianism. Of course, the effect of THAT has been famously mixed. On the one hand, it has significantly conflicted and weakened what is otherwise a united block of opposition to libertarian causes. On the other hand, it has helped burden libertarianism with a population that is only socially competent when allowed to be evil.

Since libertarianism includes extensive lessons on why evil isn't actually profitable in the long-run, it tends to erode in from these people the capacity to do the things that made them threatening to libertarianism before they were converted. There's a redemption downgrade factor. The redemption downgrade effect has been observed by desired target populations and has served to limit recruitment in political arenas especially, where short-term concerns predominate.

Rothbard

>I am interested in learning more about Anarcho-Capitalism.
Start from learning percentage of jews among those who promotes it.

>I already watch Molyneux.
His older stuff (4-10 years ago) is where you'll learn about ancap libertarianism.
>My problem is I don't see libertarianism working without an educated population (which I don't see happening anytime soon
Molyneux and many other ancaps also acknowledge that and why this is a multi-generational project. We can't achieve anarchy overnight nor would we want (too many welfare dependents, state employees, need for police and military). We need to work towards gradually dismantling and deconstructing government via agorism and minarchical libertarian tactics, while also building up the systems that will replace the state (block chain and other tech) and third factor is increasing intelligence and morality so the public becomes more independence seeking and self-actualizing adults. This last part we can now do with internet and decentralized education. It will still take a while but will pay off within our lifetimes and we may even achieve large scale voluntaryist societies/territories within 100-200 years. Not that long on historical scales.

This gives me hope.

>Reference - See i.imgur.com/wCIpgNA.jpg
>Torrent - magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8d8ec6ef882dee291f119eb69994797574e5d616&dn=Anarcho-Capitalism%20Books

All of these are good, but I could recommend some you should read particularly, some of the better or fundamental ones.
>Democracy: the God that Failed, Hans-Hermann Hoppe
>For a New Liberty, Murray Rothbard
>Human Action by Ludwig von Mises (OR) Choice by Robert P. Murphy
>The Machinery of Freedom by David D. Friedman
>The Ethics of Liberty by Murray Rothbard