BUT NUCLEAR ENERGY IS THE CLEANEST AND CHEAPEST ENERGY

Good thing water is the best insulator for radiation known to man

Thorium-based nuclear power is where we should be going we don't cause you cant make nukes out of it.

This just in if you took a cup of sea water and said it came from a nuclear plant the trace amounts of radiation in the sea water would class it as nuclear waste.

Without units claims of dumping waste by weight are meaningless.

So much so that it's commonly used to moderate neutron radiation..

...but whose listening..

nuclear energy is hardly cleanest. It has been around only for 60 years and so far 4 meltdowns. You just can't make them undestructable because of forces of nature and human errors.

einstein said once: "Nuclear power is one hell of a way to boil water."

You eat mercury every time you eat fish thanks to coal.

Nuclear energy was never about energy was about having factories for nuclear bombs.

That's why torium was rejected.

>building a nuclear reactor near a fault line

even their energy industry likes to ww2 cosplay

I hate to break it to you, but unless you're a plant, if you want energy, something is going to have to be destroyed. There's no way around it.

>no liquid flouride thorium reactors

Asians always over fish and have no respect for the water

For shame

You can, but it requires more steps.

Mossad caused Fukushima.

>no article link
I found the article and read it. It's tritium water. It's not even harmful...

nuke plants actually use warheads for fuel these days

>billions of pounds
that's a lot of really, really, really diluted radiation
it'll probably increase background radiation by 100%!!! how dangerous!!!

>It's tritium water. It's not even harmful...

Well then let's see you drink it.

All of the nuclear disasters combined (including the drunken russians that deliberately blew theirs up...) have caused less ecological damage and fewer deaths that coal power plants, while releasing less radioactive waste into the environment.

Fears of nuclear power are fabricated by forces that want to stop the goyim from reaching a sustainable, clean-energy future. Laws were put in place not to make us safer, but to make the storing of waste even more dangerous. We are forbidden to transport it into secure deep storage, forbidden from reprocessing. Instead it must be stored on site in glorified swimming pools.

How much piss do you drink on a daily basis, for the record?

So I keep eating sushi and became X-men

It is the cleanest, compare this to other accidents. Just don't build them on fault lines.

Dolphins BTFO

It's being dumped into the ocean, not my stomach.

I don't know why I laughed, fuck you

all that radiation is going to the west coast, finally the social experiment that is california can now become a real cancer

Yeah when you dump a dealer canister into the ocean. Not when you pour liquid radiation.

when a coal plant blows up, it doesn't make massive land-areas unhabitable like nukeplants.

no you're gay

The land isn't uninhabitable

There is less raidiation there than in some cities

It all depends on the dose. That's the problem with this shit and idiots - you can't explain math to retards.

1 billion pounds. So we're talking what, 200 million gallons of radioactive water? That's ~625 acre feet.

Lake Tahoe has 120 million acre feet, so guess how much there is in the Pacific Ocean?

It's going to be diluted to such a degree, it'll blend into the background radiation anyway.

BTW - you're exposed to radiation every day. Don't eat bananas if you're worried about it.

>The land isn't uninhabitable

Then why aren't people living there?

>Then why aren't people living there?
People literally are living in the exclusion zone today, and most never left.

This is why Walter Block talks about privatizing the oceans. A good starting point would be if the nations agreed to distribute shares among each other. All ship owners get a number of shares based on the size of their vessel. This would totally internalize the externalities. The big players would be able to rent the ocean for the cost of maintaining the ocean. Stockholders could sue Japan and other pollutors.

Yeah. I just made a free market environmentalist argument.

>liquid radiation

why won't you move there if things are so wonderfull in meltdown areas. i wouldn't want to farm there or eat, drink. You can't be quite sure if soil and water is polluted or what.

and all people just can't leave. it's not that simple for older people and poor. some don't want to leave if they have entire life there.

yes it does

doesn't fit my narrative but i'll have to agree. Still nuclear waste is more dangerous, and you have to put it somewhere. it's still toxic for thousands of years.

There is very little of it and it can be kept underground for around 500 years and it no more harmful than natural uranium. It is absurd to say that space cannot be found to store 1000 cubic meters of high level waste for 500 years, most of which can still be used in fast neutron reactors.

*around 500 years and by then it is no more harmful than natural uranium

Coal will kill 100x more people than radiation ever will. Powering purely on solar and wind in the foreseeable future is a meme.

Anti-nuclear = anti-science.

The occational melt-down is scary and dirty, yes. But avoiding nuclear for that reason is like avoiding flying in a plane and driving instead: less efficient, and you're more likely to die anyway. It's just that if you die your death won't be in the news fawned over by scientifically illiterate talking heads.

>avoiding nuclear for that reason is like avoiding flying in a plane and driving instead: less efficient, and you're more likely to die anyway. It's just that if you die your death won't be in the news fawned over by scientifically illiterate talking heads.

god damn that's a good post, leaf

The amount of radioactive material is like a fraction of a percent of the naturally occurring radioactive isotopes already in the ocean. It will decay within a few years. The amount is barely measurable because of how diluted it is.

Research this shit before you post. Nuclear power is by far the most safest and cheapest form of energy. If it wasn't for fucking environmentalists and NIMBYs we could be completely nuclear by now. Vastly more people are killed by coal pollution, and burning coal releases more radioactive material into the environment than nuclear. Not to mention other dangerous things like mercury.