Explain this bullshit, Sup Forums

Explain this bullshit, Sup Forums.

Wasn't this country founded on separation of Church and State? Why is Trump virtue signaling the christfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/sl004.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>separation of Church and State
Wouldn't worshiping the state be the opposite of that?

Separation of church and state does not mean you aren't allowed to be religious while in the whitehouse.

It is one of the most basic principles of our country that we get our rights from God (some higher power) not the government. Or else we become fucking Sweden.

Here is the explanation: Government = Bad; God = Good.

hes talking about money god is money

>Wasn't this country founded on separation of Church and State

NOPE

L2history shariablue faggot or i'll kill you.

>In God We Trust
>one nation, under God

>sharia
you're the only sharia faggot here

There are no theocratic laws dingus.

Trump can say whatever the fuck he wants. There's a difference between having a spiritual nation and a secular one.

Marxists wanted to eliminate all of it. But they recently latched into Muslims because it's a hot selling point against Trump.

>random phrases added in the 60s to attack le commies XD
>"see we're a christian nation!"

are all trumpshills this fucking stupid?

because islamophobia is 100% justified

OP isn't concerned with Trump saying we don't worship the government;he's concerned with Trump saying we worship God,a statement that threatens the separation of church and state.Not everyone worships god anyway so at the least it's a falsehood.

>Explain this bullshit, Sup Forums.
You're a heathen that should burn at the stake.

>Wasn't this country founded on separation of Church and State?
No, it wasn't you faggot.

>Why is Trump virtue signaling the christfags?
Because he knows we're going to heaven while godless trannies like you are going to hell.

>muh separation of church and state
Oh sweetie, if only that term meant what you wanted it to.

>a statement that threatens the separation of church and state.
Shut up. No it doesn't.

>Not everyone worships god anyway
So what? Godless atheists shouldn't be catered to.

It was founded by white men with good moral character with god given rights. No niggers chinks or non white spics

>congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion
>the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion

I'm fine with not worshiping government, but I'd rather not be Israel/Saudi Arabia/medieval Europe either.

>Shut up. No it doesn't.
yes it does cupcake

>yes it does cupcake
Fuck of you satan worshiping UN faggot.

>MUH SEPARATION OF GOD AND STATE, HURR DURR CHRISTFAGS
Kindly eat shit directly from the assumption of the same trannies you so support OP. Remember to Sage these Reddit-tier threads Anons.

He worships the God of the niggers, greed.

Christianity = jew religion

>shut up no it doesnt
nice argument

>so what? godless atheists shouldnt be catered to
neither should Christians. Leave religion out of it.

No. Do some fucking research.

Libtard doesn't understand what h said is exactly what desperation of church and state means

It's a smoke screen to get liberal jaws flapping over nothing while the real business gets done.
Same deal with the Tranban.

>but I'd rather not be Israel/Saudi Arabia/medieval Europe either.
Was the formation of the US an israel country, you idiot?

TOPKEK your president believes in magic

Which is why the kikes killed Christ, right? Fuck off divide and conquer fag.

SAGE
A
G
E

the kikes killed christ because he was a naughty kike

So... You think we should worship the government?

Jesus is a kike, thats why christfags love Israel

They don't even consider him to be an actual Jews. He especially isn't one in regards to the modern definition. They also consider the trinity to be a form of polytheism, and believe the teachings of Christ go against the old testament.

I think that question sounded different in your head, because it doesn't make sense as written.

wrong faggot

the separation of church and state meme didn't even exist until that faggot Hugo Black made it up, in a supreme court decision that he fucking lost, but he was such a bitch ass faggot that he switched his vote so he could piss an moan even though the results of the case are the exact opposite of his opinion.

tl;dr: there is no separation of church and state

As do most of the people manipulating the world.

It's not an argument, it's a fact. One you cannot disprove.

Autistically speaking, America needs a moral compass and Religion is a really good way to provide that.

>blah blah blah worship this dead kike on a stick
no

>Who are the puritans for 1000 Alex?

>I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

>Jefferson

Assfacts don't count

>yes goy!
>love the dirty jew jesus!
you stupid christcucks ruin every thread

Isn't the separation of church and state solely meant to prevent a church organization (The Church of England at the time) from imposing taxes onto the country.

>1 post by this ID
>Will never return to explain where in the Constitution he saw "separation of church and state"
>will continue making "1 post by this ID" slide threads because selling your own people out is somehow more appealing than retaining your sovereignty

>Black man tries to look more white
>White man tries to not look so white
= White is better

>says the idiot who is from a country with a lot of Christian history
Idiots like you ruin every country.

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby loves jesus
stupid christcuck

I don't really think the statement threatens the seperation of church and state, I just think it's a useless statement.

There's plenty of philosophical thought as to how morality can exist without religion. Relying on God to provide morality is dangerous when people interpret holy scripture in different ways. Morality shouldn't have to be drawn from tradition, you should be able to figure it out for yourself

>1st amendment for 2000 Alex
>DAILY DOUBLE

how can trump and his shills function when they are so fucking wrong all the time?

>muh 4chinz is a paganist board
>le christcuck XDDD

>letter to a friend
>= the Constitution because Thomas Jefferson
>Presidents aren't allowed to make populist declarations of faith

Still not seeing how Trump is enforcing Christianity upon the people of the United States. You'll have to strawman harder.

yes goy!

Thank you for another 1 post by this ID thread OP.

God is not a church or a religion. And for the record, the secularism of America was historically never so extensive as it is today, so maybe the founders weren't at all as secularly oriented as some think... and the truth is, they weren't.

On what planet does the first amendment null the fact that Puritans existed?
Are you genuinely retarded?
Oh wait, you're suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, so of course you are.

/leftycucks/ plz go

Acknowledging God doesn't pertain to any particular religion which is what the first amendment/separation of church and state mean. The two aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of early legislation and the Constitution contain the phrase "the year of our lord xxxx"
avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/sl004.asp
The United States Constitution does mention God. In Article VII, the Constitution states:
>Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the twelfth....

uh oh
he's breaking out that hat memes
we got a live one here
a real nigger for christ

>a statement that threatens the separation of church and state.

It actually doesn't. You're taking a very broad view of the Establishment Clause that just isn't true in this context.

I didn't say Trump was forcing Christianity on anyone. I was replying to the idea that Hugo Black made up the idea of separation of church and state.

I don't care what trump says about religion, but it's retarded to say that the idea of keeping religion out of politics wasn't here since the beginning.

Fun fact: "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution nor the Declaration of Independence.

The Founders wanted to avoid a Church of America causing problems like what happened in Europe during the Wars of Religion. They never imagined that we'd have to deal with atheist fuckbois and Islamic terrorists on American soil.

>this is a real tweet
Holy shit it feels good being American. I am done with the Trump kike puppet meme

puritans didn't put the phrase "in god we trust" on money, and they didn't add "one nation under god" to the pledge. politicians did that during the cold war. because america is not, and has never been, a christian nation.

>Acknowledging God doesn't pertain to any particular religion
so mentioning god when referring to the date is irrelevant. it doesn't signify that the united states is a christian nation, because it never was and never will be.

you retards are literally proving my point for me

>Wasn't this country founded on that thing that had to be added later in an amendment?

>>random phrases added in the 60s to attack le commies XD
>>"see we're a christian nation!"

This is retarded. Politics and Christianity in the United States have been intertwined since the founding. Covenant Theory is the predecessor to the concept of a social contract in the context of the US Constitution.

Why don't you try giving "Religion and Politics in the United States" by Wald and Calhoun-Brown a browse.

Well, that's the beauty of America, isn't it? The free exchange of ideas. But until there is proactive movement to turn those ideas into laws, ideas are simply ideas, albeit legally protected. Therefore, Trump has done nothing wrong, and furthermore, his ideas and his freedom to speak about them are protected under the Constitution. Hugo Black, Jefferson, and all his illegitimate nigger children notwithstanding.

Come on user it's only virtue signaling when it's things Sup Forums doesn't like.

Why the fuck would you worship a government?

You follow the laws of a government, you don't worship them you retard

It was it was also founded by Christians In God We Trust motherfucker

no such thing. fabricated by leftists.

I hope when you burn in hell for this blasphemy that the devil carves this on your soul.

Praise the lord

Can I see that contract before I sign it?

That's not what I'm arguing. A belief in God and belonging to a certain religion are actually two different things. deism (which many of the Founders were) simply believe in a supreme being but don't do shit like study the Bible religiously or follow rituals, etc. The first amendment specially says establishment of religion which is a church and that's it.

someone's never heard of North Korea or The Soviet Union.

Actually, to clarify further, it probably wasn't even the Wars of Religion in totality, but specifically the Church of England and how they persecuted Catholics and more radical Protestants alike, as well as tumultuous events like the English Civil War and the Jacobite Uprisings.

But leave it to liberals to strip everything of historical context and pervert it to serve their ends.

Trump isn't even religious, and what the fuck does his comment have to do with separation of church and state. He's clearly talking about citizens on an individual level.

People get triggered over the dumbest shit.

I'm all for free exchange of ideas. I didn't jump in this thread to bash Trump.

The tweet being in all caps is a bold choice, but the idea behind it is fine, even if I don't believe in God.

>puritans didn't put the phrase "in god we trust" on money, and they didn't add "one nation under god" to the pledge.
No one contested this moron.
>"politicians did that during the cold war."
Okay..
>"because america is not, and has never been, a christian nation."
This is where you're wrong bud, just because you know a factoid of when something got written up doesn't make your wild ass claim true.
>Most of the world is largely religious
>"YEAH WELL THINGS THAT WERE CONSIDERED COMMON KNOWLEDGE REALLY LONG AGO HAD TO BE WRITTEN DOWN WITHIN THE LAST 60 YEARS SO IT WASN'T REALLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE"
You're a complete simp.
I'm sure the quackers and puritans didn't exist nor was america mostly christian because some retarded leftist knew a cold war factoid.

>America is not a Christian nation
History and most Americans disagree with you.

Fuck semitic gods.
The higher power is the Nordic Race

>separation of Church and State
Op is retarded - Christmas is a federal holiday.

Better than Christcucks

Belief in God and divine providence are central to the foundation of our country. That said, the founders didn't want America to become a theocracy, hence the first amendment "congress shall make no law respecting an establisment of religion"

Do you feel that Trump's tweet violated that?

>because america is not, and has never been, a christian nation.

The US has been pretty strongly a Protestant Christian nation. Keep in mind that a Nation (people) and a State (government) are not the same thing. It's only been ~60 years since being a Catholic in politics meant a significant barrier to entry. And it's only been in the last two decades or so that we've had a SCOTUS completely absent of Protestant Christians. Until relatively recently the SCOTUS was dominated by Protestant Christians with a token Jewish or Catholic Associate Justice.

>Can I see that contract before I sign it?

You're welcome to leave the United States and renounce your US citizenship. Your remaining in the US is an implied agreement to the social contract.

I'm glad he said it, and I'm even more glad it pisses you off.

Stay mad lol.

And Hanukah is celebrated at the White House. They even light a giant menorah in the nation's capitol every year.

Doesn't mean its not semitic. Jesus was a semite

this

kill yourself you dumb fedora

>be a good person
>Goes against the Jewish teachings

sounds about right

We are free to choose for ourselves.
We must be good people, or we will choose wicked things.
If we worship money, we will be corrupt.
If we worship government, we will create Big Brother.
If we worship God, we will be free.

Best post itt. Lawfag, oldfag, or both, but definitely someone worth listening to on this subject.

I don't get it? You hate Jesus?

That's why they are all cucks, right?

How come most of our founders were deists than

History isn't really decided one way or the other. See: Treaty of Tripoli

Actually no it wasn't. The words "separation of church and state" are no where to be found in the constitution, additionally the first right in the bill of rights says "freedom of religion" apposed to "freedom from religion". It is quite easily argued that the founders intended our nation to be governed with an inherent belief in god present. There is evidence of this in the national motto of the United States which is "In God We Trust" (printed on all US currency). One of the most damning pieces of evidence Is perhaps in our second president's (john adam) farewell address to congress where he hopes that "true religion" will flourish in the new country and calls down the blessings of almighty god.

and the constitution and all american laws are based on english common law, which is somewhat inspired by roman law. so by your logic we should all worship jupiter. you are a complete fucking idiot.

>"a lot of americans are christian therefore america is a christian nation!"

no, that is not how it works you dumb fucks. our laws are not based on the bible. our laws on secular. the bible cannot be used as the basis for law today. the constitution is secular, despite one irrelevant mention of god.

the united states is a secular country. nothing you say, do, or think will change that.

the facts, the law, and the constitution agree with me. your feelings and emotions are irrelevant kid.

Objective morality is impossible without divine mandate, and subjective morality is no morality at all.

Therefore, it is actually impossible to be moral without God (or at least the divine).