Is this what true despair feels like? Is this Trump's gift to us? His gift to the world?

salon.com/2017/07/26/under-the-big-night-sky-why-we-all-feel-so-alone-in-the-age-of-trump/

Make sure to listen to
>youtube.com/watch?v=2OSHLR3r_C4
while you read.

Other urls found in this thread:

salon
archive.is/YHvYO
youtube
hooktube.com/watch?v=2OSHLR3r_C4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jhpaX7fNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE
youtu.be/k7X7sZzSXYs
imprimis.hillsdale.edu/who-killed-excellence/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Run them through an archive

>salon com/2017/07/26/under-the-big-night-sky-why-we-all-feel-so-alone-in-the-age-of-trump
archive.is/YHvYO
>youtube com/watch?v=2OSHLR3r_C4
hooktube.com/watch?v=2OSHLR3r_C4

i felt this way before trump

I live alone. I spend most of every day alone in my house. I just finished driving about 4,500 miles around the country, about 3,000 of which were done alone in the car. Every once in a while I walk down to a park on the harbor or out on the pier and find a bench and sit alone and watch the water.

FPBP. How does he do it?

>I live alone. I spend most of every day alone in my house.
>Why we all feel so alone in the age of Trump

Guys, I live alone. Why do I feel lonely?

>I got an answer when I was on the road earlier this month. I drove down to Birmingham, Alabama to drop off my daughter at her cousins’. I spent the night in a motel before heading back. I was staying in an upscale suburb and looking for a place to eat supper, so I drove around a bit and checked out what was available. Walking out of the second place with “bistro” in its name, I started to chuckle. What was brand new in Greenwich Village in 2000 had arrived in Birmingham at last. Then I went back in and sat down at the bar and ordered.

>The place was filled with people having a great time. The food was downright decent. I thought back to Greenwich Village in 2000. Bistro this, trattoria that. Hadn’t I been in Europe a few years earlier and eaten the same stuff … only it was actually French because it was in France? Weren’t those crowds in all of the “chic boites” in the Village happy just like the people in Birmingham were, eating “authentic” French cuisine in an entirely inauthentic place? Hadn’t Keith McNally invented the whole damn feel-like-you’re-in-Paris scam with Balthazar? Weren’t these Trump voters in Birmingham chasing the same dream the swells were chasing on the edge of Soho in New York? Weren’t they having as much fun? Wasn’t the food just about the same? Didn’t Keith McNally keep giving the swells new places to go, opening Pastis and Schiller’s and Morandi and Minetta Tavern and Pulino . . . I think eleven restaurants in all? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

>We have atomized ourselves. We keep moving on, from one restaurant to another, from one hairstyle to another, from one shirt collar to another, from one make of high heels to another, from one brand of SUV to another, from one Hamptons nightclub to another. Nothing sparkles with enough newness. There is never enough of anything. Enough new fashion. Enough new kinds of exercise. Enough new taste sensations. Enough destinations. Enough parties. Enough money. You keep moving like this, and you end up leaving stuff behind. You leave places. You leave friends. You leave principles. You leave yourself.

>One night not long after I left Birmingham I was out walking the dogs and they were sniffing around in the grass taking their time doing their business, and I looked up and saw the big night sky above me filled with stars stretching away out there forever and ever and ever, and I was standing there in a very nice subdivision in Franklin, Tennessee, and I felt as alone as I’ve ever felt in my life. I was surrounded by all of these people who belonged there, and I was moving on. It was a little like that night in the hot spring with Cherry: a big night sky above that ring of mountains, and the two of us down there in the hot spring, and afterwards we dried off and went back to our camp and built a fire and fixed supper and climbed in our sleeping bags, and the next day we walked down the mountain and moved on.

Based archivebot

>People I know, who are in one way or another people like me, people who have changed so much over the years, people who used to be heavy metal rockers but who are now new age life coaches, people who used to be bartenders but who are now world renowned artists, people who can play the guitar as well as they can pound nails and lay tile, these people who are like me despair at the rootlessness of the Democrats, the damaged “brand,” the absence of a “message.” But it’s not just about political tactics and strategy. It’s about isolating ourselves at the tables of the latest hot restaurant or behind the reflective walls of social media, where we can be alone with ourselves and people like us, and we can see out but they can’t see in. It’s no wonder that Trump’s 35-40 percent base of support seems so impermeable. The pundits tell us that his voters feel collectively resentful and forgotten and left behind. Well, they’re right. We’re the ones who left them behind because we’re forever in transit to someplace new, chasing cool stuff, changing ourselves, altering the country, moving on and not looking back.

>Midlife Crisis: the thinkpiece

I feel great, everyone I know loves Trump, total strangers strike up conversations how to MAGA, this is the best president in my lifetime, I even made a new friend today while talking about Trumps tyranny fag ban. I'm not sorry trump haters are so alone...Feels good man

What state do you live in?

You're born alone, you die alone. In the middle you figure out how to live with yourself, and not fill your life with mere distractions, but authentic experience whether alone or others.. I like being alone. I like being with others sometimes, but it's not necessary. I can always find something to occupy my mind. I don't entertain negative thoughts so I'm pretty happy most of the time. I want to align myself with my creator so I can do what I need to do to complete this level and move on. In the meantime, I want to enjoy every moment of this imperfectly perfect and amazing life!

Jesus Christ, I've never seen a more clearcut case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

>archive.is/YHvYO

>be salon
>believe that there are 28 genders
>fill your community with disparate immigrants
>take no pride in your nation or fellow countrymen
>believe the state trumps the family unit
>wonder why you feel alienated and have nothing in common with anyone

>REEE IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME DELETE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW WE AREN'T FRIENDS
>Complain about how alone you are

>go for a walk
>stub my toe

This is the world we live in now. Thanks Trump.

We are alone because we are just too cool and futuristic for the drumpftards. This is my cross and I must bear it.

I felt alone until we had Trump. This is the first time I've felt anything in years, and it's pure inhuman rage against the (((left.)))

LOL. THE TEARS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS EPIC. FAGS BTFO!!!

BASED BOT

Norwegian efficiency.

I was surprised and impressed with the hooktube link. Fucking thorough.

liberals are just weak.

Jesus dude, I'd go nuts

Don't let it break you, user

The feels are so strong there at Salon HQ

Earlier today I was in a room by myself. I thought about Trump and felt so alone.

Fuck DRUMPFTHS and fuck white people.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jhpaX7fNQ

Unemployment lowest in years, stock market hitting new highs, increased consumer confidence, fracking energy boom keeps gas under 2.50 for past two years.

Yes, the end is neigh

Oh come on. Buck up. All you have to do is put your score card away for a minute, stop judging people, be friendly and listen. I have a very easy time engaging with people. Your despair is the path you have chosen. If anything I feel happier and hopeful since Trump was elected.

So let me get this straight...faggot with faux-intellectual glasses goes to Alabama, is smug as fuck about people there enjoying trends that in Hipstertown, Jew York are passe, waxes faggosophic on how lonely everyone is, is constantly judging neighborhoods as "nice" and food as "downright decent" and never once, not one single time, realizes its that mentality that leads leftist fucks to feel so isolated.

Color me shocked. You're alone because you care about what's en vogue. Because your life is defined by the outward projection you give, the restaurants you eat, how "authentic" your experience is. No, faggot, it's not because you're "moving on" and everyone else belongs there. It's because everybody else is happy with who they are and the people they're with, and don't need the latest, greatest ADHD fad. They don't have your faggy new fashion and new bistros because they simply don't care. They like what they have, and they'd rather be happy with people they like, than unhappy and always looking to fill that gaping maw left by your vapid, shallow, stupid life having no meaning.

Also, cocks.

>The pundits tell us that his voters feel collectively resentful and forgotten and left behind. Well, they’re right. We’re the ones who left them behind because we’re forever in transit to someplace new, chasing cool stuff, changing ourselves, altering the country, moving on and not looking back.
But one person calls him a kike faggot and he's immobile with fear for a full week

Before, during, and after for me.

because you haven't seen your place in the universe, realize you are apart of all things living in continual life from birth to death to birth again.

this.

>I was forever playing catch up, trying to figure out what it meant to be a new woman’s kind of man.

>We have atomized ourselves. We keep moving on, from one restaurant to another, from one hairstyle to another, from one shirt collar to another, from one make of high heels to another, from one brand of SUV to another, from one Hamptons nightclub to another. Nothing sparkles with enough newness. There is never enough of anything. Enough new fashion. Enough new kinds of exercise. Enough new taste sensations. Enough destinations. Enough parties. Enough money. You keep moving like this, and you end up leaving stuff behind. You leave places. You leave friends. You leave principles. You leave yourself.

I-is... is he redpilling himself?!?!?

>Well, they’re right. We’re the ones who left them behind because we’re forever in transit to someplace new, chasing cool stuff, changing ourselves, altering the country, moving on and not looking back.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd here is the USI protecting his shattering balding ego

Sad part is the first half is all about meeting with an old friend who he used to ski with who is now really happy cause she lives an outdoors life free from blog distractions, the girl takes him for a hike and he has a great time

Then instead of catching the big fucking clue he pic related

Liberals are not one for personal choice and responsibilities for owning said choice.

They want the state to protect everyone and everything from themselves. It's the ultimate bizzare mental gymnastics.

They are thevenemy of civilization

Everything felt way more isolated and dejecting under Obama. Things are at least exciting under Trump.

>They want the state to protect everyone and everything from themselves

pretty much

> It's the ultimate bizzare mental gymnastics.

i think they should actually be called "submissives", cuck is the perfect word, because that is what they actually are, liberal US culture is wider than just politics, its a way of life firmly based on a submissive sexuality, by "freedom" they mean "letting go of oneself to overwhelming force of the vibrator ", ultimately its about anal sex, if you clench it hurts, only by relaxing you can have a good time

whereas the rest of the world regards freedom as the complete opposite, as the freedom to dominate circumstances, to have an active behaviour

Boomers are sad
His ideology is the ideology of a cancer cell
Eat, metastasize, growth
Why can boomers not create something lasting? Do they think they will live forever or do they think what they left us is good?

You will never be forgiven for this faggotry. There are limits, and you will soon discover what they truly are.

I sincerely, deeply, thoroughly hope you die a painful and lonely death.

>I was surprised and impressed with the hooktube link. Fucking thorough.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: y5h4uaxS) 07/26/17(Wed)21:02:46 No.135094636▶
> (OP)
>liberals are just weak.
>>>
> Anonymous (ID: 9ZKmhpsV) 07/26/17(Wed)21:03:17 No.135094710▶
>
>Jesus dude, I'd go nuts
>Don't let it break you, user

its from the article man

Likewise

Real autist here.

>submissives
But boomers and leftists are very violent with anything they perceive as threatening to their worldview
Notice how leftists were not alarmed under Obama even though many dangerous things happened under him
Now with Trump its like their sense of danger has been switched on into ovedrive and finally has them pondering what happened to the world only for their mind to shield itself
Meanwhile I've been wondering what was wrong with the world since I was in elementary school
Its like they have a subconcious reason that is dedicated to destroying right wing (even moderates like Trump) but also to submit to whatever leftist bobo orthodoxy desires

Yeah, but now they are existentially demoralized too. Most of us who were weaker have already killed themselves, or starved in a ditch somewhere when their neetbux ran out. We'll grow stronger from this, it's like a genetic bottleneck or some shit. Now, we only need to keep up an acceptable rate of their constant demoralization for another 18 or so years.

Then phase two begins.

2015 terrorist attacks removed any doubts about the basic validity of my views
For a long time though I always doubted especially because this was encouraged by leftist schools to be brainwashed into multiculti
But the constant attacks one after the other was amazing
And it only stopped because of a massive security state crackdown with hundreds arrested
Leftists have been protected from reality for a long time while we had been gaslight
Now history is moving again

thanks based yoda.

>when even your self-reflection is inauthentic and posed

Yeah I'm not gonna read that sob story...

Based.

>youtube link too
He is only getting stronger!!

Yeah i don't mean they literally just submit to everything, i mean their ultimate political goal is the total submission of the human to the designs of the state.

The only reason why i think conservatism doesn't, is because usually conservatism wants to go back on government regulation.

One could argue conservatism also attempts to rule over marriages and things like drug use, but we start getting all funky if we go too back in time to the point when the state became secular and marriage started being something ruled by the state. Liberal politics today are about controlling the culture so it "keeps pushing forward" on the humanist ideals/propositions. Conservatives are those who think the sweet spot of control was some point before in time.

>Meanwhile I've been wondering what was wrong with the world since I was in elementary school
>Its like they have a subconcious reason that is dedicated to destroying right wing (even moderates like Trump) but also to submit to whatever leftist bobo orthodoxy desires

We all have, activism is engrained in us as we grow up because is the defining fight of our times, the failures of modernism to realize a heaven on earth by coming up with an idea for a novel state that can triumph over human imperfection and get rid of all evil and displeasement in the world.

The main problem is two things, one the Obama factor, Obama was laudered as the triumph of huamnism when he was actually the triumph of the MickeyMouse-faced terminator regime, while eveyrone was cumming over the oh-how-progressive black president, satelite-controlled drones were ravaging brown kids on the other side of the world.

>Alabama

>walking the dogs

The second problem is the expectation of a radical external solution to problems that are innately rooted in the lack of focus in teaching about personal self-control. The only way out is that every human being choses to grow by his own free will. This is made difficult by the pervasiveness of self-deluding techniques and the "lets-not-talk-about-the-elephant-in-the-room" attitude that is fostered by lifestyle marketing.

What i find most ironic in anglo liberals and leftists is their deification of Chamans. What a chaman is, is nothing but an old man who lives in a context that force him to connect to others 24/7, there is nothing else going on, they are dutifuly connected to every little face expression everyone makes, when someone flinchs for a sec. they can feel the rythmic difference in their flow of action. He doesn't have magic powers, he might know about drugs cause he lives near them, he seems like he can read your mind, cause you have no clue that your signals aren't received by people outside of your culture. For a thirld world Chaman you are what you actually are without all the veils of culture, a weak man with shiny stuff, weird clothes, distracted from his surroundings by his phone, your excess of grooming SHOUTS self obsession, you are tense, frown when you look at rustic buildings, walk weirdly in the unpaved roads, etc, etc.

Thats the fucking "wisdom" they have, its no different at all than some redneck hunter can give them, but of course, they already have a categorization and defense shield against local old men living in nature, they need a fucking stranger with culturally aclaimed mystical voodo powers to make them realize they are fake, they are a reflection on a TV screen.

>we had been gaslit

If anything, the demoralizing parade of it all and little slights and the structural "fuck you's" over the years just emboldened my natural sense disgust, and shifted me into a really negative place. Jordan Peterson talked about this, how, you don't really have any control over your political views in a psychological sense and how people from one side of the spectrum have been shut out and ignored, to everyone's detriment within this collective. This long-perpetuated act was originally justified in the West under the guise of protecting the systems of academia, industry, military, etc... from 'cryptofascists" and people who are psychologically compliant with morally abhorrent things. And he's right, people from certain parts of the political spectrum are more accepting of really messed up things. Having the choice of being shut out for a proneness to wrongthink, or keeping my head down and tolerating abuse and systematic failture drove me far more towards fascism and brutal pre-Christian moral systems/thoughts than anything a philosopher or anyone one Sup Forums ever wrote. I suppose those great thinkers at the Frankfurt School didn't anticipate a legitimate opposition would rise up in the future. Maybe they thought they had it all sorted out.

Fine essay, user. What we learn is that liberal Boomers are exactly who we thought they were: selfish, hyperindividualist egotists who spend their lives pursuing hedonistic pleasure and shitting on the idea of home. Fuck them and their libertarian offspring. Deus Vult.

I met a beautiful young woman, got married, and got her pregnant during the age of Trump. My income also went way up and I've been more creative.

(Disregard flag. Am a burger vacationing in Canada.)

>a good poster on Sup Forums
i'm not sure how to feel about this.

>great thinkers at the Frankfurt School

Well, the earliest and best thinkers of Frankfurt School were better than the leftists (like Marcuse) who appropriated their works and made them sound as if they were about leftism. In fact, their work had nothing to do with leftism.

Underrated post

>Liberal politics today are about controlling the culture so it "keeps pushing forward" on the humanist ideals/propositions. Conservatives are those who think the sweet spot of control was some point before in time.
Agree
>We all have, activism is engrained in us as we grow up because is the defining fight of our times, the failures of modernism to realize a heaven on earth by coming up with an idea for a novel state that can triumph over human imperfection and get rid of all evil and displeasement in the world.
Yes like leftists I want to "improve" the world but it seems like they have fossilized around neoliberal and various classic liberal points with a bit of Marxism thrown in because of academic influence. Pushing on these old concepts when the situation has already changed drastically
>Obama was laudered as the triumph of huamnism when he was actually the triumph of the MickeyMouse-faced terminator regime, while eveyrone was cumming over the oh-how-progressive black president, satelite-controlled drones were ravaging brown kids on the other side of the world.
Love that line Mickey Mouse faced terminator regime
>Thats the fucking "wisdom" they have, its no different at all than some redneck hunter can give them, but of course, they already have a categorization and defense shield against local old men living in nature, they need a fucking stranger with culturally aclaimed mystical voodo powers to make them realize they are fake, they are a reflection on a TV screen.
Exactly part of their subconcious programmed hatred of their own culture then they go to the East and have their version of old wise man tell the same thing to them and it is an epiphany
Meanwhile they mock their grandparents as racists or fascists
Damn there is some great posts in this thread
The indoctrination in schools also made me push back
And yes I think the destruction of higher right wing thought is very detrimental even to the left

I feel pretty good actually, I've been feel more optimist about what's to come.

Guac syringe

That's the gayest fucking headline anyone has ever written. What a faggot

dat needle
what the actual fuck

postin vg music

youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE

listen to this user though
Peterson mislabels what he talks about
>And he's right, people from certain parts of the political spectrum are more accepting of really messed up things. Having the choice of being shut out for a proneness to wrongthink, or keeping my head down and tolerating abuse and systematic failture drove me far more towards fascism and brutal pre-Christian moral systems/thoughts than anything a philosopher or anyone one Sup Forums ever wrote
Unlike Peterson I think we should explore these further
Because it is those very Ur moral systems and thoughts that are the base of the right wing
And they can be filled with nobility and truth about the nature of man

>Lefties blaming conservatives for atomization

It was lefties who flooded everywhere with subhumans so everyone is afraid to go out in public because of the horrific crimes they commit and that simple tasks like ordering food take five times as long as they should.

It's lefties who said drugs are harmless so go sit in an empty room and shoot up some heroin to numb the pain of an alienated society where no one speaks the same language or shares the same culture.

It was lefties who said there's nothing wrong with sodomy unleashing AIDS and pedophile rings so now everyone is afraid to let their children play outside. Before someone says it fags and pedophiles are closely linked look up the gay rights movement in the sixties and seventies you'll see them side by side everywhere and all the time.

youtu.be/k7X7sZzSXYs

why do you have a guac syringe?

This was exceptional user. Thank you.

This person was paid to write this

why do I have to listen to this song?

Here I capped your posts

Die in a fire faggot pussy ass double nigger

>Unlike Peterson I think we should explore these further

He feels a good deal of fear towards these things conceptually. I understand his fear, too. I fear what the consequences could be in practice. But I do agree that it should be explored user, and I do agree with you on the value these systems potentially contain.

the most retarded thing of them all, is how near the cultural ghettos that inspire the political extremes actually are, the Ur line of thought is literally macho postmodernism. I read Evola for the first time the other day, i was waiting to read some weird shit i have never crossed before, and oh behold, its fucking Terrence McKenna with a gun

>Yes like leftists I want to "improve" the world but it seems like they have fossilized around neoliberal and various classic liberal points with a bit of Marxism thrown in because of academic influence. Pushing on these old concepts when the situation has already changed drastically

I agree, but i also think that you are seeing it without the perspective that history gives, i think that when you look at how novel and honest attempts at improving stuff turned out, it reveals itself as a size issue; we are all trying to improve the world in a scale we can't possibly understand. The possible ramifications of our decisions are impossible to see, they all need teams of people with different specializations to actually be addressed. Thinking one can have a rational opinion for every single issue that a political platform proposes is fooling oneself.

Also fooling oneself is thinking that one logical proposition can give an answer for every single problem. Which is what modernism basically is.

Ultimately i think the only way to improve things is doing the actual small thing you can do and trusting your fellow citizen will do the same with the one they can do.

Its all about Trust, something that is under constant attack by everyone with a voice in the media, a political agenda , a bigger-than-life ideology, or an aspiration for power. And thats without talking about what big cities, mass globalist culture, and ethnocultural diversity are doing to trust inside local communities.

Getting poetic is what the left does when it loses so hard it's hard to defend itself.

After Trump won, I saw so many cryfests with nothing but armageddonish sermons... it's kinda like when someone dies and nobody has anything positive to say, so we start making up "he's in a better place" sorts of talks.

I mean, anti-Obama guys also became those "The End is Nigh" guys, but at least it was pure conspiracy theory, no hiding behind an intelletctualloid façade.

Israel user here, I don't get this article. It just seems to be about some trip the guy took where he ate at a french restaurant.

What does trump have to do with this

p.s. muh palestine must be free

Checked. Thank you user

>woman is with a perfectly good man
>he even carries her and bring her up
>she cant help but use him to reach up even higher
>will leave him as soon as a higher man goes to take her hand

'Age of Trump'

Come on, he's only been in there for a couple of months!

If you are feeling that off, maybe you had issues before Trump?

Kek, libs are going to kill themselves.

Petersen is obviously smart, and is willing to cross the disciplinary boundaries, but he is actually not as much of an erudite as he pretends to be. None of his ideas are novel, really, but he masterfully applies Jungian analysis to pop-culture. However, along with Jungian stuff, he pushes the same exact idea of instrumentality that leftists like Dewey used to destroy American education: imprimis.hillsdale.edu/who-killed-excellence/

>His American converts proposed that the proper aims of education were not ethical, as Plato and Aristotle suggested, or meant to encourage what Cardinal Newman called "a philosophical habit of mind," but to teach "social skills," and to ensure that students will "fit" into society. As pioneers in psychology and educational philosophy, Blumenfeld states that these men virtually rebuilt education on a foundation of science, evolution, humanism, and behaviorism. Their work remains virtually uncontested in many universities today.

Ultimately, Petersen is yet another apostle of modernism, under a thin veneer of conservatism, while Benjamin, Strauss and other German Jewish writers were, in some sense, conservative and, not to use the cliche "self-hating", certainly well aware of the conflict of Judaic and Greek humanist ideas.

ohh thanks
im a cap virgin, so i capped you capping myself so i can always remember it

Absolutely nothing, but he has to do something with his English degree and nobody is going to read it if he doesn't mention Trump.

Typical fuckin' roastie desu.

God bless you sir.

Probably has some custom-made link scanner that reads all new threads/posts, automatically archives links from the specific (MSM/Youtube) domains and alerts him when it's done.

These are the types of people that like me, probably always feel alone regardless of who's running the joint. You just gotta continue experiment, adventuring, until you find that special calling.

In an older /ptg/ thread he said he has a script bound to a key that archives links on his clipboard. I don't believe that though because he'd have to be literally in every thread.

>We’re the ones who left them behind because we’re forever in transit to someplace new, chasing cool stuff, changing ourselves, altering the country, moving on and not looking back.
God lefties really do have a high opinion of themselves. What a bunch of faggots.

Also I am glad I got "left behind" from "cool stuff" like transgenderism, cuckolding, racial self hate, cultural cringe, homosexuality, etc.

Yes I am sure it is being left behind that galvanised the right, not years of rampant bigotry from the left.

>the Ur line of thought is literally macho postmodernism
Yes sadly quite probable
>I read Evola for the first time the other day, i was waiting to read some weird shit i have never crossed before, and oh behold, its fucking Terrence McKenna with a gun
Was it Ride the Tiger? Supposedly that is very different from his other books
>I agree, but i also think that you are seeing it without the perspective that history gives, i think that when you look at how novel and honest attempts at improving stuff turned out, it reveals itself as a size issue; we are all trying to improve the world in a scale we can't possibly understand. The possible ramifications of our decisions are impossible to see, they all need teams of people with different specializations to actually be addressed. Thinking one can have a rational opinion for every single issue that a political platform proposes is fooling oneself.
>Also fooling oneself is thinking that one logical proposition can give an answer for every single problem. Which is what modernism basically is.
Absolutely correct I hate to compliment a poster this much honestly.
>Ultimately i think the only way to improve things is doing the actual small thing you can do
Agree
>trusting your fellow citizen will do the same with the one they can do.
This is where it falls apart for me
Like the OP everyone is atomized I only trust my dad in this world
Everyone else seems lost, dumb or out to get me or use me or is creating and maintaining a system which hurts to live in
I'll cap this as well
I love when anons can explain my intuition

faggot

Nah, this loneliness has been fostered over decades, society has been polarized during the election, people choosing sides and families divided based on their political leanings. This is nothing new, it has just gotten way more unstable than normal.

kekkity kek
Their tears will never cease to bring me amusement.