The Death of Sup Forums

Okay guys, lately, I've become very antipathetic towards this board, so much so that, I am beginning to sympathize with 'leftists' more and more. Some of the reasons for this, I think, has been the preponderance of e-celeb threads, followed by 'let's play what the rules are in muh white ethnostate' and many other related phenomena. Not only that, but I've also grown out of my racism phase so to speak. I've come to the realization that much of the IQ talk on here comes not from the love of truth, but from hatred for those that are merely different and unlike us. All these things has shown me that this place projects more than it'd like to think as I'm certain, from all the e-celeb and ethnostate crap, that this place is full of ugly, lonely, beta/orbiter, and socially inept young men who have created this place as an escape and fantasy land away from the cold hard world that is reality. I'm officially throwing away the red-pill and will see you fags in combat, and I'll be on the left from now on thank you very much. It was fun shitposting while it lasted. Goodnight Alt-Right.

maybe you should express the truth in the way you want to

These are posts by leftists, you nub.
Go to Reddit if you're so unhappy here faggot

Leftists are the corniest fucking people on the face of this planet. One moment they're posing half naked on social media, now everyone thinks they're a political expert.

pack it up boys
the marxists won

That's exactly what I plan to do, and that's why I believe I've outgrown the memes, both left and right, and have even transcended so to speak. What's most significant, i think, is that ever since i've made this 'transition', I've begun to act more normal in the real world, and don't feel disturbed by the actions of others (eg.seeing a bm-wf couple, seeing a minority or a girl doing traditionally male things). I feel pretty good now that I've dropped all of the hate that come from 'le red pill'. I blame Molyneux for bringing me here, and actually despise him for fooling me into thinking this place was significant. I've come to my own realizations, and one of them is that this place blows, for the most part, and by that I really mean, for the MOST OF IT. I acutally thank Dr. Jordan Peterson for enlightening me, and teaching me that all ideology is a lie, as it is a self preserving mechanism that denies all contradictions, and bends reality to it's totalitarian will.

>> So evolved now beyond patheticness, might even move out of mom's basement on 5 year plan
>> New leftist SJW with purple heart for sand in the pussy
>> Virtue signaling fag
>> Wants a medal for internet bravery

Yeah, enjoy your pet negroes and hatred of western civilization. You will not be missed.

sound like SJW..kys .If you can structurize yourself by some logical discrimination your dead meat already.

>enjoy your pet negroes and hatred of western civilization.
See Your post is exactly what I'm talking about. You people here build a dichotomy, and leave no room for in between. You've built this fantasy/playground that does not match reality in the slightest, but you don't care because it's all you've got in your hate-filled life. You can change user. Join me! You will love it. It's NOT about being a leftist, not in the least. It's about being YOU, and ignoring these bastards that pump you with THEIR beliefs in the same way feminists pump young women with theirs. Please, I beg you, watch Dr. Jordan Peterson at least. I don't want you to rot in this filth you call home for lack of a better place that you haven't yet found, or could build but you just don't know it.

>Go to Reddit
You know, that place isn't all shit like you make it out to be. But I guess ,the truth doesn't serve the purposes of people as possessed by a spiteful ideology as yourself.

cant, stupid phone.

Fuck what will we ever do without "insert name here"? Without "insert name here" all Id lost. Why "insert name here" taught me first how to shit post. Don't go gentle into that good night "insert name here"

You must be quite gullible to be "redpilled" by the retards here in the first place

Liar.

>.If you can structurize yourself by some logical discrimination your dead meat already.
Care to expound, oh wise one? See, you sound like you're pulling shit out of your ass, just for the sake of keeping this facade of truth. And what's funny is, is that in a sense, it's all true, and that's why I stuck around. But in application, you'll find that you've thrown out all logic, and are left with a bare boned ideology that'll leave you starved and everyone else with you as well.

>Sup Forums is one person

I'm calling bullshit, you influence peddling kike.

See Stefan Molyneux. If you want to know how I thought this place could ever mean anything, it's because of that pseudo intellectual right there. None of these guys by themselves necessarily lured me in. I admit, I was an idiot. But now, it's my absolute goal to destroy this place and save the rest of the prisoners in here that are just like I was. Also, I really liked the Bog-meme for some absurd reason.

I have watched, and enjoy Dr. Peterson's videos. He is great. You are a clown. He has nothing to do with the regressive leftists, in fact he spends most of his time battling social justice retards.

I never claimed to be part of the alt-right, in fact I don't get the hatred of Jews, unironic embrace of Nazism, and several other things.

But when it comes to grasping the mechanics of the modern left, understanding how leftists are trying to social engineer western civilization into oblivion by destroying 1000s of years of culture and tradition, and using sound rhetoric and reason to dispell PC bullshit, they are in the right.

You stand with demagogues who's only rhetorical device is to ignore reality while using ad hominem attacks to undermine their ideological opponents.

The left is intellectually bankrupt, and trying to preserve their ideological purity in the face of many inconvenient truths. Their decadence is hastening their fall from power, and no one can tolerate them.

Enjoy your (brief) ride on the Hindenburg. You will lose intellectually, physically (leftists are innately cowards), and emotionally.

If you are looking for sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

It starts with one, and then two, and then you've got your exponential growth which is basically a storm. Read the writings of Peter Thiel. Compound interest (which is not exponential, i know) is the most powerful man-made force there is.

>Compound interest....is the most powerful man-made force there is.
and know we KNOW your a kike

Humans are mere animals.
It's not that I disagree with you
I very much hate pol pleb.
But tribalism runs too deep and it's even deeper within other minorities.
If you don't do it you're bound to die.
Sorry mate, you got to understand.
Try to think of it as a jail.
There is a reason why segregation naturally happens.

You fell for the reddit faggotry. GTFO. Nobody from this board was ever "altright". Fucking dork.

Lurkmoar, newfag

You're wrong. Dr. Peterson has described himself as basically a leftist if not for the radical progressives. Also, I never said i was a radicall progressive, just that this place was mostly full of shit and that anyone who believes this garbage(from mostly repeated exposure) is sick and in need of help. The answer to the radical left is NOT a radical right, such as the alt-right. So no, you're the clown, not me. Also, I guess, for some time, I thought this place was satire until i realized that many people actually believed this junk.

>> All future arguments will consist of shouting racist, sexist, homophobe, islamophobe

You better start practicing now. Every white male is a bigot.

for somebody who allegedly was on ''our side'' you sure do repeat the same tired insult and point of views any shitty braindead leftist spews

go back to leftypol you faggy larper.

>the preponderance of e-celeb threads, followed by 'let's play what the rules are in muh white ethnostate'

Shill LARPing that the most common shill tactics are effective.

Nigger, we know that you just named 2 of their most popular tactics and we also know neither of them work.

Don't reply directly to OP, they get paid off of (you)s, sage it

jesus fuck. I've seem some fucked up shit but that actually made me sick.

lol no
SEE wrong. See, you're the types that has no room for the 'in-between' and think in only twos.

I've gotta admit, that banter here is top-notch tho.

you're wrong. you're gay. you dont belong here, you might be a shill. mpc is life

Download, open, view.
Or just wait till you get home to shitpost.
I for one, am currently on the toilet.

>I've become very antipathetic

Opinion discarded you're an idiot.

>> complains about thinking in binary, false dichotomies, straw man arguments; then jumps from alt-right to regressive left with his vagina flavored pepper spray to fight alt-righters

Definitely a shill. Saged.

So you had a revelation where you stopped buying into the more over the top racist and ridiculous claims on Sup Forums? Who cares? If you bought into it in the first place it only shows you're a tool. You're mistake is assuming everyone else here is as gullible and impressionable as you are.

Wow, that's weird.

Usually people that grow out of their racism phase are people that manage to make it out of their misery. Miserable people are always the one the most prone to hate others, meanwhile successful and rich people do not give a shit about "race" or "race pride", since they have accomplishments they can actually pride in. I stopped hating niggers and arabs with a passion once I got a good stable job that has made me happy to be honest.

Looking back at it, I'm fucking embarrassed to have been part of the alt-right community in the past, specifically all the beta virgins that follow Lauren, Sargon, etc you know the kekistani cucks. I still like Sup Forums because it has smart and miserable people but I'm sure they'll grow out of their hatred one day. Good job buddy.

>this place was mostly full of shit
What part of it? So far from what I've seen, Sup Forums is always right.

1. Sup Forums has always been filled with angsty and socially inept LARPers
2. Being offensive and being correct aren't mutually exclusive
3. You aren't immune from groupthink if you let social standing or tone turn you away from facts. It further proves our point that humans are tribal and have tribal interests.

Anyway, gtfo

He is right fuck . People get on here to fucking get information and stay informed. Sometimes u should keep ur opinions to yourself. I'm not left or right I'm a 24 yr old American who wants the truth and to make the best of a bad situation.

>hatred for those who are merely different and unlike us
Of course we hate those fuckers. They are literally termites chewing away at civilization

You're pretty good at not saying anything substantial.

>If you bought into it in the first place it only shows you're a tool. You're mistake is assuming everyone else here is as gullible and impressionable as you are.
You're absolutely correct. But mind you, I'm a young impressionable man that lives in a time of chaos. Still, I admit my stupidity, and will have a slice of humble pie thank you very much. I didn't necessarily 'buy' into it, since at the start I though most of these people were joking. It's only recently that I realized ppl actually take this seriously, and actually want to enact their ideology in the real world. It's like a ku klux klan member telling you you're just foolin' around end everything's for laughs, but it really isn't and that's the part I missed.Laugh all you want, but I plan on making a change.

The (((hook)))

The (((social validation)))

This is how they work, newfags. It's an elaborate dance, probably both from the same person, judging by writing style.

>I've come to the realization that much of the IQ talk on here comes not from the love of truth, but from hatred for those that are merely different and unlike us.

Thinks knowing about IQs for various sub-species of human beings is hatred. Violence is just another 'difference', and we should be celebrating our diversity I guess.

unironically used the descriptor ALT RIGHT. Dude, you blew it. take your sheckle and try again.

lol. That's what a university education is for, bud.

Shut up, we all know it, you're all racist and hateful people because you're miserable on the inside.

>Succeed
>Yay, I worked hard and I deserved it!

>Fail
>Fuck, probably chose a nigger or a woman over me because of their race/gender. I'm perfect, how could they otherwise

It's still true though. Miserable and unsuccessful people are more likely to be hateful and vote right-wing, meanwhile successful and rich people are more likely to vote left-wing. We're talking white people here of course.

Holy shit, thinks KKK isn't just a meme. You absolutely have NOT been looking at anything you claim to have been looking at.

>mind you
>I'm a young impressionable man
>time of chaos
>I admit my stupidity
>a slice of humble pie
>thank you very much
>'buy' into it
>most of these people were joking
>only recently
>ppl actually take this seriously
>enact their ideology
>Laugh all you want, but I plan on making a change

Does this verbiage sound like Sup Forums? Or does this sound more like someone who uses the term "nothing burger" and urges you to get 3 REM cycles?

>trying to accomplish "muh seizing" by being a faggot

That was a really sketchy crime. So the guy killed people exiting a mosque or something if I recall correctly? And he had an accomplice who was Muslim who was later downgraded to a witness and the media barely talked about it. Why was there a Muslim witness? What was the motive? That whole story was a big ball of sketch.

>teaching me that all ideology is a lie, as it is a self preserving mechanism that denies all contradictions, and bends reality to it's totalitarian will.
Yet, you just said
>I'm officially throwing away the red-pill and will see you fags in combat, and I'll be on the left from now on thank you very much. It was fun shitposting while it lasted. Goodnight Alt-Right.

Progressive totalitarianism is a much bigger threat than the larpfest known as the "alt-right", you were probably leftwing to begin with and made up a bunch of lies, you're not the first to do such a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if you larp with a nazi flag too.

Aren't the faggot that totally regretted voting for Trump last month? That was the script right? Now it's more focused on Youtube channels right?

What's wrong? I know Sup Forums hates these terms because it associates you with r/the_donald but you pretty much all have the same idea. It's reached a point where even the alt-lite talk about the "red-pill" and use the term interchangeably to describe themselves being right-wing. At the end of the day, you're all the same bunch with slight differing view points but all under Trump's cock and racist towards different people.

>Shut up
The first impulse of the regressive left

>we all know it
Followed by group shaming

>you're all racist
OH NO!

>because you're miserable on the inside.
Quite the opposite

>meanwhile successful and rich people are more likely to vote left-wing

Blacks are more likely to commit armed robbery.

Underrated. Top tier intelligence recognized. Acts 1631 brother lets hang out in heaven

>Goodnight Alt-Right.

Gay goes in all fields..

>Also, I really liked the Bog-meme for some absurd reason.

So you are retarded newfag who lies forced memes. No shits are given. Goodbye.

>antipathetic
i'm surprised you even figured out how to post.

I like Sup Forums because it's where the Truth is upheld and sought after.

An aspect of that Truth is that there isn't always a definitive answer for that Truth, and that the quest for Truth can be as time-consuming and addictive as crack. All that time... yet for naught. All that time... wasted.

And yet... the shackles have been removed, your mind has been freed and you can think, walk and talk like a normal, genuine person (what Sup Forumstards REALLY are, honestly) - just enlightened with the knowledge of what Truth is and how you can use that Truth to guide your life.

Although I still think you are a massive faggot for backing out, godspeed user.

>He thinks early suspicions are accurate facts

No dipshit, it was one guy (Bissonnette) who went into a Mosque, screamed Allahu Akbar ironically to make it look like a false-flag and shot everybody. He later left and surrendered to the cops near a bridge. One of the survivors was arrested based on suspicions but after interrogations it turned out he wasn't involved and there was no second weapon. Why is this so hard to understand?

>The first impulse of the regressive left

Were you so triggered by us calling you regressive that you thought it would be mature to return to same insult? I sure do love the progressive right though.

>Followed by group shaming

No shaming, we truly all know it. Some of us deny it, but we still all know it.

>OH NO!

Not a big deal to you huh.

>Quite the opposite

I sincerely doubt that.

>Blacks are more likely to commit armed robbery.

I did precise white people in my post, didn't I? Minorities generally vote left-wing for more rights/gibs, different story.

I see what your saying but saying it in a elitist way ( not that I think there is anything bad with that)isn't going to help you getting any proper discussion. First of all nothing you said is new half of the people on this board have heard it, secondly fuck niggers

Cringe, you think the truth is over here? If you legitimately think Sup Forums holds the truth then you're already beyond saving. Continue bringing up breitbart links though.

Anybody who comes to Sup Forums for other reasons than to widen their political perspective is seriously dumb. Don't spend all of your time in this shithole.

The label 'racist' doesn't mean anything anymore. You fags overplayed your hand when you decided to use it as a catch-all term for anyone who uses reason based arguments to demolish your hurt-feelings based arguments.

The implication is that since you are the asshole who decided to drag out the word racist, it must somehow imply that you are not racist and therefore morally superior. We saw through that charade a long time ago and it's amazing you still think it's effective.

Does anyone have that meme of spurdo thirsting for serious political discussion, and ending up on Sup Forums for the memes?
Sup Forums is the wrong place for the truth. For example, how many sides of an argument do you often read on this site? Why does no one bother to disagree most of the time? It's a fucking racist circle jerk and a circle jerk nonetheless. OPEN YOUR EYES. Don't let this artificial reality grow on you and play out in the real world! It'll only make you weaker and suffer unecessarily, which is the worst kind of suffering if you ask me. The world is not what this place purports it to be.

>Were you so triggered by us calling you regressive
I called you regressive, not the other way around. I did so because I don't think you truly believe in freedom of speech. I think you are censorious bastards.

>No shaming, we truly all know it.
Distinction without a difference.

>Some of us deny it
An attempt to "us" yourself into Sup Forums. Won't work.

>I sincerely doubt that.
You are entitled to your doubts.

OP is impressionable. He will simply return to the right wing once he reaches the age of 30 and is suddenly hated by his own party for no reason. Once he realizes where his money is going when he is taxed. Once he realizes the sort of future he is creating for his children. Once he is robbed at gunpoint while walking to the library in broad daylight.

Some real world event will actually redpill you in a way nothing you have read online ever could.

This is an old tune OP.

>but saying it in a elitist way ( not that I think there is anything bad with that)isn't going to help you getting any proper discussion.
I guess you're right. I don't mean to come off that way. But I really mean it and hope this message can reach at least one person in a meaningful way. I hate to be wrong, but you're probably right. Let me tell you this, bud. For some reason, I've noticed that women pay attention to me more. I can't fucking explain it!!! But it's true!!!!

Thank fuckin' god that shit was deleted.

Just wish I had some brain bleach on standby, though.

....fuck, what did Doggo do to deserve such a cruel fate?

Not even shit on those old Traces of Death videos were that...disgusting.

>be an extremely new faggot that came to Sup Forums because of Stefan Molyneux
>claim to know anything about the board
There should really be a 5 year lurking requisite before you can post

>Why does no one bother to disagree most of the time?
You fucking shills, I swear. This entire discussion is a disagreement. Yet you will come in here and brazenly state a deliberate lie, within the very thing you're lying about. Sup Forums teaches you to see this shit for what it is. Once you start seeing it, you can never not see it.

>OPEN YOUR EYES
The supreme irony is that it will be you whose eyes are opened in the end.

>transcended
Holy fuck can liberals be any more fucking smug?

>Their decadence is hastening their fall from power, and no one can tolerate them.

No. This is the peak oil era. Everywhere is hastening to their fall because the resources that powered it, making it so wealthy, are almost depleted. Practically no one can tolerate any idea on the subject of why the world is crumbling because there is literally no comparable alternative (all talk otherwise is feelgood, delusional bullshit).

>You will lose intellectually, physically (leftists are innately cowards), and emotionally.

It's not a matter of right knowledge, will-power, or gumption that will result in a "winner". It's whomever is left when the carrying capacity in each district exceeds its available resources. Once oil's gone, many a right-minded, hard working conservative is left at the mercy of the weather, and damn few actually have the know-how or means to be "innovative", as some hopeful souls here preach will occur (for how can innovation occur if there there's no resources to feed it). When the source dries up, people migrate. And as the search for a new source to feed them is drawn out, they die off and more often then you want it's the lucky bastard who lives.

>Holy fuck can liberals be any more fucking smug?
I am a liberal, you could say. But I am no radical leftist. Classical Liberal is more like it. Also, I think Donald Trump is alright and that what the left is doing is wrong. I actually believe he's pretty liberal himself (by older standards and not radical progressive ones). So in a sense, you could call me conservative and I'd agree. I'm just not alt-right. No way!

Reddit is ten times more censored than this board. Ive gotten banned, comments deleted for literally stating my opinion. However, thats ok because it seems what you are looking for is an echo chamber for YOUR ideals and not an actual discussion. Your liberal sense of moral superiority is exactly why Trump won, and will win again.

A fuckng leaf.

Like flies to shit, they can smell a shitposting thread a mile away.

what do you mean it was deleted?

anyway some sick fucks get off to that. I can't even comprehend how.

Dismembering something that's dead I can accept. Dismembering something that's been skinned alive with a blunt saw blade is just beyond fucked.

>all ideology is a lie

>I am a liberal, you could say

Can you possibly twist yourself up in greater knots? At this point, it's just amusing. If you don't mind, just come clean with us and tell us who you're working for and what your exact objective is over the next 24 hours. That would make a much more interesting discussion for both of us.

>YOUR ideals and not an actual discussion.
I guess that applies to all of us. But no, I'm looking for something that isn't so radical and ideological. I'm looking for something akin to Libertarianism, where everything's cool so long as no one else is hurt from the dumb shit you are allowed to do to yourself. Although it's a meme part to a large extent, you can't say they take themselves too seriously, now can you?

>I think Donald Trump is alright and that what the left is doing is wrong.

WTF are you pretending to complain about? If you think what the left is doing is wrong you owe it to yourself to firm up your arguments against it and understand it's source and it's implications on the future.

Stop saying 'Alt-right'. It's gay. no one here uses that term. it's just another meaningless epithet like 'wacist' used to tag anyone who uses wrongthink.

>Can you possibly twist yourself up in greater knots?
I guess what I'm doing right now is burning off deadwood, and finding out who I really am. And part of me is NOT being a hateful person.

I admire your efforts, user, but you're talking to a brick wall here. The people here are beyond saving.

Soy un hispano, I am despised by the white nationalist fags and yet hmmm I still come on... Why? Cause there is so much more said on Sup Forums than on any news outlet or subreddit. Those good ass happening threads (which reddit deletes and censors like Pizzagate) make sifting through all the internet celeb, ethnostate bs, worth it.

Every liberal does this. Plays the independent thinker to get you to talk openly about a subject then circles around like a buzzard until you reveal a shred of wrongthink. Then he can't resist going in for the gotcha, reverting back to his pre-made ideology. Sniveling cowards.

Well said.

How about we...uhhh...tear down this wall?

Then again, these bitch ass NEET motherfuckers are TERRIFIED of the outside world.

Sieg for Alexandre.

>If you think what the left is doing is wrong you owe it to yourself to firm up your arguments against it and understand it's source and it's implications on the future.
I agree with you that the RADICAL left is evil. What I'm trying to get across is that the RADICAL RIGHT is also just as evil. There is still time left for us, ALL OF US, to do something to change the course we're on because history has shown us time and time again, we are headed toward utter chaos. It starts with one, and I am one of many to have come to this realization, and if any of you will join me, this can all change for the better, no matter how dismal things appear to be now. I promise you, they aren't. Pic-related. Hitler could've been a painter like he always wanted...think about THAT!! It breaks my heart so god damn much.

Why dont you be the annon to start a libertarian general? Is this really how you solve your problems, by abandoning them? You have gotten all of our attention, you can easily do that with another topic such as libertarianism (which was once popular on this board).

you sound like a weak autistic sheep that can't think for himself or express anything of substance

lol, wtf ? can i tell you that you are a complete moron ?

All These cuck threads, These Nog hate threads are something used by the right wing to build up a defensive mindset against a clear danger.

Look at fucking south africa, in the 1960s Whites there were at 25% of the Population with 100% WHITE PROVINCES. now look at them today. They didnt look at their policy through a racial lense, while everyone else did, now they are 80% of the Tax base with 0% of political say, the Definition of a wage slave.

How many Videos exist of some White kid getting his skull caved in from some thug for nothing ?
How many Videos are there of OUR OWN POLITICIANS hating on Whites ? you, your Family your friends ?

Everyone is thinking in tribal sense, except us Whites, which will fuck us up in the Long term.

now here Comes Sup Forums, yes they are often wrong, yes they are autists and yes there has been a fucking flood of newfags since the Trump election, but the base is still there, and at this Moment These guys are the only "Thinktank" any White movement has to offer

When you stop being terrified about other people's opinions of you, you'll be able to have unpopular opinions without feeling shame. It turns out that speaking the truth is very unpopular these days. Be braver.

It's almost like a local maxima in human consciousness that a large swath of humanity is stuck in. No doubt that the education system's goal is to get people precisely stuck in them, particularly when on their own they might avoid them.

The meta-strategies like the one you're talking about here are weaponized by higher-order thinkers and then conditioned into people until it becomes a reflex.

Sickening. I honestly don't know if they're cowards or victims or both.

>make sifting through all the internet celeb, ethnostate bs, worth it.
SORT YOURSELF OUT. You matter. It is necessary that you SORT YOURSELF OUT, for all of us. This is a group effort and you're a necessary part of it. Join us!

This just goes to show that most Sup Forumsacks are weak minded non-humans worthy of exile from the gene pool.

Most of you plebs will only follow what is popular at the moment until the next best thing comes along. Most of you are weak wastes of space; useless consumers. You cannot truly create anything for yourselves, nor can you think for yourselves.

The current trend on this board is the massive shilling coming from paid (((communists))) and (((progressives))). And the least surprising part?

You guys ate it up, and now you're all a bunch of faggot loving commies.

When the world falls apart, you'll be the first to hang.

You have transcended the meme phase and group think of this board. You are red pilled and have decided to pave your own path.

The biggest problem that plagues this place is mob mentality now .

>and I am one of many to have come to this realization, and if any of you will join me...

Fuck off. You don't even know what you think yet and you sure as hell haven't demonstrated anything worth following.

>'Hitler could've been a painter like he always wanted...think about THAT!!'

You really don't understand anything about history do you? Ignorant utopian flowerchild. this is what leads to the decay we are seeing in Europe today. A complete refusal to look at history and learn from it. Take your thinking seriously or you will end up destroying everything that is worth having. Forget about red team vs blue team.

Peak oil era? Shut the fuck up faggot.

Join... who??

I understand why you think that, believe me. And I am just as worried about the future, how could you think I'm not!? But the answer is not more extremism! It's you who has refused to look at history! We're planning (radical left and radical right) our own destruction while calling it salvation! Both sides are neck deep in NIHILISM and it shows, just in different colors. It's madness and we still have time! It's time to stop saying things you know not to be true.

>I honestly don't know if they're cowards or victims or both.

Fear, confusion, frustration, need for social approval. All these things are capitalized on to set up the mind trap. The cowards stay stuck in it like people stuck on welfare because to them, cheap and easy sure beats the risk of acting independently where your opinions require more than mere social consensus to 'feel' right. It's the only iceberg they have on a sea of doubt so they won't abandon it easily, if ever.