What's the political reason for this being so fucking expensive

What's the political reason for this being so fucking expensive

You would still buy it.

The demand dictates the price. Drink it sparingly.

unironically this.

Businesses price things at the price people are willing to pay, nothing more nothing less. Whenever a business sells something for more than people are willing to pay it wont sell and for less its not worth it.

>There are some health benefits to consuming coconut water. It’s an all-natural way to hydrate, reduce sodium, and add potassium to diets. Most Americans don’t get enough potassium in their diets because they don’t eat enough fruits, vegetables, or dairy, so coconut water can help fill in the nutritional gaps.
>Beyond that, the scientific literature does not support the hype that it will help with a laundry list of diseases. “There is a lot of hype about coconut water, yet the research is just not there to support many of the claims and much more research is needed,” says Cheung.
>Coconut water is fine for recreational athletes -- but so are plain water or sports drinks. In general, most adults don’t exercise strenuously enough to need sports drinks or coconut water because good, old-fashioned water works just fine.
>If you enjoy the taste and your budget allows it, coconut water is a nutritious and relatively low-calorie way to add potassium to your diet and keep you well-hydrated.

A banana and a bottle of water is an equivalent, at a lower cost.

they'll be selling you used toenails next as 'the perfect fibre food'

Same reason bacon is expensive.

probably teh joos

coconut?
here is fucking cheap.

Coconut water, a liter is 5 euros here. But as I said, why would you buy it? A banana + bottle of water is 1 euro, and its the same nutrients.

Gov conspiracy against electrolytes and biologists wanting to do plant tissue culture on the cheap.

its a fucking disgusting fruit. i would buy even its cheaper than water

Sage

Slide-Thread

Fuck-Off

Sage

I want a coconut drink made from the coconut tree because I am a coconut monkey

But electrolytes are what plants crave

retard. Some people don't give a fuck about /ptg/ bullshit. Today is a slow day to, no happenings or anything really aside from the DWS shit.

The topic of coconut water being expensive is an interesting question. Pro-tip, most slide-threads have pictures of attractive women. Coconut water isn't going to get the attention of anyone aside from those who actually drink it. Fuck you.

Probably because it takes 3-4 coconuts to fill the glass pictured. Coconut water is cheap as fuck if you go to the source of production, but as always (((corporations))) all need to get their cut. And $2 for a big can isn't bad desu. Just get the unsweetened stuff unless you want beetus.

>source: Cheung
Post an actual fucking source, user.

fuck off autist

Kek

It's so cheap here it's like it grows on trees or something.

>live in florida
>dad would regularly bring coconuts home that he got from trees for free when i was a kid
>if i want coconuts i literally just have to go find a tree in town and climb it or use a long pole with a saw blade taped to it

>tfw get mangos, limes, oranges, palm flowers for free too because know where the trees are that arent on private property

Get fucked.

Bacon isn't expensive

Drinking too much coconut water can give diarrhea

Shipping and processing costs. Coconuts are heavy, and they have a thick outer husk that's removed before they're sold in a supermarket that most people who've never seen a coconut on a tree don't even know about.

I live in south Florida, they literally grow on trees here and are cheap as fuck as a result. The only people who buy them are tourists.