DNA of human embryos edited in USA successfully for world first

Researchers have demonstrated they can efficiently improve the DNA of human embryos.

technologyreview.com/s/608350/first-human-embryos-edited-in-us/?set=608342

The first known attempt at creating genetically modified human embryos in the United States has been carried out by a team of researchers in Portland, Oregon, MIT Technology Review has learned.

But Mitalipov and his colleagues are said to have convincingly shown that it is possible to avoid both mosaicism and “off-target” effects, as the CRISPR errors are known.

If we mess with what God intended, does that mean God intended for us to mess with his intentions in the first place the way we did?

yeah, try to put that cork back in the bottle

user, we ARE god

It's a concern if you believe God intended Down's Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, etc. If you believe it's from "muh fall" then we're just correcting our own transgression.

There is nothing in the bible about being stupid. In fact being intelligent and wise is usually rewarded. Not that I believe in the bible but where does it say not to heal the sick? Niggers are sick and need better brains.

Proverbs 8:12
"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion.

Proverbs 14:15
The naive believes everything, But the sensible man considers his steps.

This is the badass who made many tens of edited embryos. We should celebrate brave scientists like this who are mavericks.

What traits do you think will be most in demand? I have a feeling it will be eye colors.

when do we move on to mandatory editing of niggers in-utero so we can bring their IQ's up to acceptable levels? Also, we'd want to edit their genes that make them predisposed to unwarranted violence.
We could make them white without having to bleach their skin.

Blah blah blah, what's the fucking race.

My current prediction is that it will be most very intelligent or rich people who do this. Majority of people won't care or have the foresight in the West. In Asia it will be much more popular for cultural reasons.

I doubt it will hit the low/mid class of americans or westerners in general for a very long time. It's going to be all Asians and upper crust / high IQ westerners only.

all embryos destroyed. current house funding bill stops any fed funding for human embryos that are not destroyed (something like that)

Prepare for the rich to have these tools at their disposal.

Do you want the rich to have stupid, ugly, and diseased kids? Does that make the world a better place?

Is anyone else feeling like things are moving too fast? After all this is one of the key pieces to solve the "white genocide" problem, now all we need are artificial wombs which will be possible in the future 5 years and then society will be forever and completely changed.

I simply don't know what to make of it all. I'm 21 and I don't know where or how I will be in five years or even which profession is a safe pick.

Ah yes, good old trans-humanism is coming for sure. Nephalim & gibborim are coming back......terrifying times indeed

At least you are a little interested. Most people are too stupid to even care about factors that will write the future of life.

Also things will only start to move faster.

Let's say everything is gods plan, which means everything we every found/invented was part of his "plan". That would mean that eventually upgrading ourselves is too.

I don't want to be this guy, but this is just an excuse to genetically engineer humanity into obedience.
We will likely have a genetically superior upper class and a slave like lower class designed to work and never go beyond their intended labour.

Good genetics will be trojan horses to create a slave class.
Take a supposed good thing and direct it to your favour kind of way. You can see that tactic done in our society in many ways, especially socially.

Let the dao run humanity not flawed, unwise human intellect.

This. We are partially responsible for the continuation of disability by enabling the proliferation of the afflicted.

We are supposed to become like god.

We must stop this unnatural thing !!!
For the preservation of our blue and pure world!

So we can only expect the unexpected...
Interdasting.

Isn't it a bit interesting that all of our folklore and myths seem focused on these times. Gods, wishes, etc can all be compared to AI myths and technology. It's interesting to know the things we consider God's powers are theoretically nothing to potential superintelligences.

Beat the chinks to the punch, fucking nice.

it's not what will be in demand- it's what people will want to eliminate. Such as the genes that determine male pattern baldness.

>people of every race Genetically engineer their children to be as desirable and good as possible ie gorgeous intelligent Aryans
>suddenly white people become majority across globe within single generation

That's the power of the ETERNAL ARYAN

You don't even need artificial wombs. You can just go for any black, Asian or shitskins woman and still have beautiful white children

>''... -and then were swiftly aborted in true American fashion-...''

All this is simply a means of power over humanity. When you can control what it is to be human and non-human ways of production, this power is for sure to be abused.
How people can be so trust worthy over giving control over something so sacred is beyond me.

The honey boo mom types of the world need to be re-modified.

>into obedience
Not really, from what specific reliable psychologists show, intelligence is directly correlated to defiance. And it's not like what you are citing isn't already the case, most jobs that can be automated WILL be automated and don't think that's just flipping burgers on McDonalds, we're talking about low level lawyers for example that provide insight into the laws to uneducated people, teachers of several different fields and probably even drivers.

Said low class is already being created but simply because their IQ is not high enough for the new jobs being created on the internet.

We were created in God's image and are therefore intended to come as close to His work as possible

Finally, Trump will make anime real.

I just tried to imagine what an average parent would think about first. Unique Eye color would be an instant way to show your child's high class and set them apart.

When you make something is its called property. Monsanto will own your Frankenstein meat puppets.

Because they are not giving control over to other people, the article talks about a type of gene editing that permanently affects all the descendants of said embryo, said method is free from patents, the only other known alternative method is one in which the embryo will not pass the changes and THAT is a patented one. The latter is also the one being pushed by kikes everywhere as the only correct alternative.

>directly correlated to defiance

Really? Niggers are super defiant and are also practically retarded.

Never implanted

It will be perfected before they do implantation. btw picture is china's national gene bank.

I think I'll pass on the gene mods, I like not worrying about "glitches" or accidential cancers or some shit like that.

THE FIRST BOGDANOFF BABY

edited yes.... but they have already admitted them shits is fucked up.... unwanted effects and all

turns out they dont really know shit about this technology other than that they can do it

They are aggressive, not defiant, if they see they are the weaker force they submit. Defiance happens even when there no apparent act of aggression.

They are trying to classify modified animals as drugs for regulation purposes. You aren't far from the mark.

This is what we really have to compete with. Chinese are gonna have actual Captain America tier super soldiers soon, 300 million of those and no one stands a chance

Does this mean we can make all babies white now?

All tides are leading to September 23rd - the unveiling of the Beast; the return of the Nephilim.

Then you look forward to being deported to Africa, good.

I never said anything about intelligence.
You could make humanity any way you see fit if you have control over genetics.
You could set their behaviours, physical features, bio chemistry, anything!
Wtf is wrong with people?

It's the reason why it's inevitable and won't be stopped or slowed down. Competition is sometimes beautiful, sometimes disastrous, but survival is necessary.

China is definitely the #1 reason why the West will adopt it. If it wasn't for China's competitive nature this would probably be far more regulated.

Oy vey, but all of that is a mere social construct goyim!

Feel free to ignore this. But this won't end well. These idiots seriously think they're the first ones to the pot when its one helluva long line. New comers are just too stupid to see when its best not to poke said pot.

>world first
China has been doing this for years, check your reading comprehension.

The Chinese tests didn't use the same technologies. This one has far more success than the published ones in China. Meaning actual successful embryos without normal crispr defects and in better %.

I don't think people understand that this isn't such a simple path to take. Where it leads is worse than nuclear fallout. Its social fallout. And no amount of automation can fix it. The only people that will push this are those who want that to happen. Gene modification is hardly the worst this road has to offer.

As long as this technology is used in treatment of conditions and correction of birth defects, there's nothing to worry about. The formerly crippled child that can now walk can do a great more works for the lord than it could in a wheel chair. God made us in his image, god is not broken, but mutations do happen. And guess what? We have the knowledge to correct those mutations. We are not playing God, we are keeping ourselves within his image.

But intelligence is a key factor here, it's the literal definition of the trait that will cause people to be successful or unsuccessful in the future centuries, you cannot create intelligent slaves because intelligence is completely opposite to being submissive.

When people design their children from now on the three major things in question will be how healthy the kid is, how intelligent and then in the last place how attractive.

All that being said there's still the problem that we have large problems understand what each specific gene alters in a person and how it interacts with other genes. After that you have to take a look into epigenetics which add a whole new level of chaos to the equation. You're talking as if mastering genetic editing is more important than mastering the knowledge of the human genetic library in the pursuit to "elevate" humans, it's simply not.

In this scenario you are assigning a definition to the term image. That can mean a lot of things.

Actually we didn't invent it, it is a defense mechanism used by ancient bacteria. That is how we discovered it

The definition goes no further than able mentally and physically.

So if you make a self replicating robot, and it makes a second robot, then you don't own the second one? because... that makes since in your mind.

>the problem is really bad but I won't say why and leave it vague
>most likely just a "bad feeling" with it. Poor argument.

What range? If China starts pumping out super-intelligent genius kids how would you compete?

>Trannies become genetically female
>Cutfags get their foreskins back
>Everyone is attractive
>Real life Pokemon

Future is looking up.

Pretty much all plastic surgery is about looking as white as possible

Intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with submission. You can have a brilliant person that still won't fight back. Submission is a matter of leverage. And leverage is a matter of resources, be it immaterial or physical. The traits selected in this case for gene modding would play out as everything does. What traits seem to be best suited to where the success is supposedly location. No different than universities today. So the big options will be issues of physical strength for sports and health issues.

Intelligence that matters even a damn is abstract application. If you can't figure something out on the fly no one who matters gives a fuck about you in the scheme of things. This type of thought isn't linked to a gene that is proven as such.

>As long as this technology is used in treatment of conditions and correction of birth defects...

I think it's a birth defect that my son doesn't have 3 penises, hawk-like eyesight, limited reception to pain, an IQ of 185, and low levels of empathy so that he can succeed to his fullest as a future CEO.

You going to stop me? Fine, I'll just go to the chinese and they'll do it.

That's not what I said, I'm talking about the patents of the current methods of gene editing.

One of them was created in a university so there's no patent and any researcher might use said method freely.

The second one is patented and is being pushed by literal kikes everywhere to be regulated as the only allowed method of gene editing.

The first one makes a permanent alteration in the genetic make up of the embryo, in a way that offspring will pass said alterations, such as higher intelligence or hair color.

The second one has the alterations limited to the embryo itself so the reproductive cells will not pass those alterations.

Does it?

>ctrl+f 'dystopia'
>0 results
you could have prevented this

So pro-regulation kiddos. Are you ready to stop the pregnant women at the border and give them an abortions when they come back from China?

Are you going to execute their newborn at the airport?

Good luck with stopping or regulating this. The optics of it are death for regulators. This is an inevitable technology and the only thing you should work on if a SJW libtard is making access as wide and cheap as possible.

aryan supersoldier army when?

>Trannies become genetically female
Good god, no. It's been bad enough with the dick chopping.

>You can have a brilliant person that still won't fight back
That's absolutely not the case, a brilliant person knows the outcomes of being submissive, to for example, a bad person, and that will activate the instinct of self preservation.

Personality traits do take part in this but they directly affect a person't intelligence to begin with.

the fundamentals of how this works makes it millions+ times easier to do at the earliest stages possible.

An example, at the embryo stage it might cost $1000 dollars. At the adult stage it might cost a $1,000,000,000 dollars.

This is something that infinitely rewards doing it early.

the european man has never let what god intended get in the way of improving mankind.
that is why we have triumphed above everybody else. we spit in the face of dogmatic superstition and make our own destiny

And you just KNOW the Chinese will encode some shit in there that makes him unable to do anything not to the benefit of the Chinese as an adult.

There's nothing to regulate. As soon as action is taken in towards this end in an official capacity, it's already over. It's just a question of how quickly they reach the stop sign. After that inevitable collapse, you then have a period where people will rebuild. Its a cycle.

God wants us to prove ourselves worthy of survival

most likely they could do some susceptibility to chemical agents

Intelligence can help overcoming submissiveness but there is smart people who are submissive. But you are missing the point.
You could alter human nature its self and how we react, i'd say there would be too many ways to count. So even if it is a key factor it can simply be changed.

If the common folk get to "choose" what their baby will be like the choice will be selected for them!

The learning process to genetic engineering would be gradual and they would only do what they understand i would say. However it will almost certainly be a way to shape humanity to the (((elites))) preference.

I am talking like neither

I have a third method, charge all of you with theft from our creator, Nature and Nature's god. And purify with fire.

Exactly. And in most cases self preservation is going along to get along. It's not to rise above it. In fact, fight against the waves is often the reason people have died historically.

So a brilliant person will have a plan, and said plan requires items they lack. Or a location that is out of reach. If these cannot be obtained, the brilliant person understands that doing nothing and simply making the best of a bad situation is the right call. If children are involved, the brilliant person will try their best to help said children escape doom scenario in their place.

You act like this doesn't play out every single goddamn day. When in truth, it does.

So you wouldnt welcome better prostethic arms, people being able to see again in the future with implants, genetic problems eliminated completely before you are born.
You dont want to become one with the machine?

>Real life Pokemon

>Instead of Disney you'll take your kids to Pokepark where they get to live the Kanto experience

Our kids and grandkids will never appreciate this

Would you really want humanity to be 10 billion CEO-type personalities with 200 IQ? There would have to be some reasonable check on competitive sociopaths.

>mfw dumb goys think this won't be used for dysgenics

goodbye whites, hello mulatto slave class

This is the important question, how long until we get our catgirls?

Our creator gave, and our creator takes away. It is Nature's right.

Should be mandatory for niggers.

Uber goy golem, high tech race mixing, mega diversity.

it certainly makes the rich better off now doesn't it?

Where were you when gattaca made the change from being a scifi to a documentry?

Is it really time to derail the thread?

So for the catgirl, what traits do you think would get the highest dollar price? I'm guessing it will mainly be neoteny and legally retarded IQ.

Our creator also gave us our intellect which we use to further enhance what he gave us, we are just limited by ethics. Diseases arent limited by ethics though.

No, what gave you that idea?
And that is a good point.

>Intelligence can help overcoming submissiveness but there is smart people who are submissive
And this directly affects their intelligence score, in the future we will be talking about a perfection race to create the best possible combination of genes. An IQ bellow 140 won't even be an option.

>So even if it is a key factor it can simply be changed
Sure it can but so far that's up for the parents of the children to choose, do you think they will decide to make their kids purposefully weak?

>selected for them
Says who? If the US puts a legislation in place for this, China and Russia obliterate them with super children that are autonomous.

>the brilliant person understands that doing nothing and simply making the best of a bad situation is the right call
Maybe for people with an IQ between 100 and 120 smarter people play a long game, if they don't have access to a resource they will find a way to circumvent it, it's based on that notion that science makes it's progress in the first place.

This.

At this point genetic engineering is basically a fact and it's going to happen sooner than most people imagine.

Whoever takes the lead in it will be able to be the de facto super power.

The problem is that, while China is going wild and all out on it, the USA is still falling back with christian morals and religious belief.

A fitting end for a Super Power, being left behind in the future because of some 2,000 old stories and morals.