What if we - humanity - are the only form of intelligence in the universe - The idea of that leaves me in a dark world...

What if we - humanity - are the only form of intelligence in the universe - The idea of that leaves me in a dark world of malaise.

Just believing there must be more intelligence without any proofs and based solely on the sheer scale of the known universe is a faith based model of thinking - the same as a belief in a supernatural all seeing / knowing entity.

Any help in shifting this malaise would be gratefully accepted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God is pretty intelligent as well.

>realised we are the aliens for other life forms on another planet

>they imagine their aliens as fucking awesome
>they meet humanity

Objectively impossible

Due to the vast distances involved in interstellar travel we might as well be the only intelligent life. Even at three speed of light it would take a ridiculous amount of time to go anywhere worthwhile.

>but muh warp drive

Fuck off. It'll never be anything more than fiction.

Intelligence is a word made up by humans to express being able to cope with the material realm and human made up constructs (like language, formal math, merchant-trade etc.)

Check out gnosticism.
It's about you, yourself. Why overthink 'others' or 'people' too much when you are like me) shitposting on a lewd cartoon picture exchange forum.

>Just believing there must be more intelligence without any proofs and based solely on the sheer scale of the known universe is a faith based model of thinking - the same as a belief in a supernatural all seeing / knowing entity.

Actually, it's the opposite. Believing there is more intelligent life and civilizations out there is a mathematical way of thinking.

This shit again.

Look, if we are the only intelligent life in the universe, then we are the only thing in the universe that matters, because without us, the universe is a bunch of pointless stupid rocks. (((Nihilists))) want you to think that we don't matter, but it's the universe that doesn't matter. We matter.

If, as is more likely the case, we aren't the only intelligent life, then the argument still stands, except that we and the ayylmaos are both more important than space rocks and black holes and all that shit.

Now clean your room and get back to

Thats true, and the world is flat and all there is.

it's shapend like a starfish get with the current research

I too remember being a faggot obsessed with le space meme
Then I grew up

It's a shame he doesn't exist

youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

the question is not if there is other species in space, it is: "To what does life converge?". The universe is shrouded in nihilism, "super-intelligence has no goal because everything is meaningless, therefore it's existence is not sustained" might be an answer

Proof?

thats a depressing thought

Lawofone.info

I don't believe in alien life forms but I do believe we had other sentient terrestrial life forms that we slowly integrated with and/or they died out.

I wonder if it isn't entirely implausible that some scattered remnants do exist in areas we do not inhabit. Imagine a more intelligent, physiologically superior hominid living in smalls clusters in various areas. We only hated the idea of being alone on this mortal coil once we convinced ourselves we were.

Or whatever "intelligence" that was equal to or superseded ours was destroyed ("died") when the universe was created, *this* being the observable analog of what was.

I believe it could live on. The only way intelligence becomes greater than ours is through diminished mortality. The limiting factor of our "development" is our own mortality and the mortality of all that we have done. In a very real way we cannot comprehend what our history could be so we say that we are apes.

It is fascinating to me how science in many respects has become more about backsolving than finding truth.

The history of the planet, we project onto it various timelined and histories but the reality is the amount of research devoted to it historically is miniscule. Every year a new something or other is found and we throw out everything else and rewrite from scratch.

Then we must become the gods

LOCK HER UP
BUILD LE WALL
MAGA

It's possible we are alone. But unlikely. That's not to say that there are other human-like creatures within contact distance, but rather, that given similar circumstances and time life would probably evolve into forms very similar looking/functioning to ourselves. There's a reason we don't see 3 legged creatures, so when someone poses the question of what aliens might look like, probably like us or like earth creatures. Perhaps life can only occur on earth-like worlds, in which case they may be nearly identical in form to ourselves. Something to think about.

>Even at three speed of light it would take a ridiculous amount of time to go anywhere worthwhile.
From the point of view of people remaining on Earth, sure. But from the frame of reference of people in a starship going close to the speed of light, it might take very little

i believe life exists everywhere
we are just either too infinitely small to see it
or the universe is too infinitely large to see it
or the government is hiding the knowledge for whatever reason. like life living in europa's oceans or some distant water world moon type shit.
stoked for the webb telescope next year though

We are the precursors destined to seed life throughout this galaxy. That's the way I look at things.

So what if we are?
Any other intelligence would be too far away to be of relevance and there's no reason to be lonely because there's loads of people here on Earth to interact with.

Don't look at the universe as empty, look at it as a vast mechanism dedicated to sustaining life on Earth. Just like you can't have a functioning clock that's just a pair of disembodied hands floating in space, you can't have life on Earth without constructing an entire universe to hold it up.

>realised we are the aliens for other life forms on another planet

>they imagine their aliens as fucking awesome
>they meet humanity

>Humanity actually is that fucking awesome by comparison
>Humanity's face when

exactly, at least one of us have pleb aliens

>He wants to know about the dark ones.