Why do people in the 21st century still get addicted to these things and what's your personal opinion and experience...

Why do people in the 21st century still get addicted to these things and what's your personal opinion and experience with cigarettes

got addicted but they got rid of all of my anxiety and depression immediately after smoking so i can cope with the trade
still trying to get off of them but at least there's a positive
started because a friend offered me one the night before we graduated, took it and felt no anxiety for the first time in my life, been hooked since

I say cut out tongues of smokers and see how quick it goes down

*smokes

tobacco is literally an MAOI antidepressant. U might as well switch over to the prozac jew

Add nicotine to salads, fruits, and veggies and get people addicted to eating healthy.

Smoking is cool faggot

I smoke occasionaly. Not addicted to nicotine because its not enjoyable for me, simply a change to my state of mind.

Eh I never got addicted to them personally. Dad did, used to buy em by the carton and has horrible breathing issues today, over 50. Stuck inside a care facility losing the will to try and exercise, etc.

Former best friend got addicted to the AFTER turning 18. Retard. I HOPE he gets lung cancer. most I ever smoked was a pack of cloves in like 2 weeks

Don't like cigarettes but I like nicotine. I use nicotine lozenges. I will never get Alzheimer's and I am sharp as a razor all day long.

As for why? Most people are weak faggots

Cigarettes are cool, faggot.

it's a genetic toss up whether or not you'll be addicted to nicotine.

I used to smoke a pack a week from like 17 to 24, it never made me feel very good, I just did it out of habit.

I stopped smoking and started using dip the last few years I was in the Navy. It was a much better feeling and didn't make me smell or cough. I was only doing about two cans a week though, and quit the day I got out three years ago. Don't crave it or ever want to do it again.

If you're going to smoke, don't smoke American chemical sticks. There's a reason cancer is much more prevalent in American smokers than those around the world.

I started smoking again at 25, pack a day for 5 months now after quitting 4 years. I recently started using dipping tobacco instead and I feel insanely better healthwise. I think there's a lot of fear mongering about it considering the American Cancer Association says dip is 90% less harmful and cancer causing than smoking, something like 0.2% chance of getting cancer past 50. I ordered some organic tobacco leaf online to make my own and hope it turns out okay until I can ween off.

>he browses reddit
>he copies posts from reddit

I'm gay. What's your excuse?

haven't smoked in like a week

smoking is makes you look nice, and it's a good way to start conversations

however, moderation is key.
I probably wont even be able to be a social smoker to be honest, because 1 cigarette will eventually get me started right at the beginning again.

my advice:
-dont do it
-if you do it, only try it once, and wait a long time before you smoke another one, and don't buy a pack either, bum/buy a 1 cig off someone else

been on zoloft since i was 14, it works fairly well
kept me from offing myself when i was younger so w/e

My Dad lost a lung and a portion of the other one. He smoked three packs a day. Mayo clinic saved his life and he's doing pretty ok at this point, but gets winded pretty fast and requires oxygen occasionally.

hello shqiptar :)

vape naysh yall

>Why do people in the 21st century still get addicted to these things

Some people just can't control themselves. I've smoked every day for 5 years and one day I decided to stop and I did. Simple as that.

My personal opinion on them is that they're fine (although unhealthy) as long as you're not a degenerate addict who needs to smoke all the time. Moderation = key

here

I bought a vape and it's really fucking gay and doesn't do anything to curb the urge to smoke.

Addicted or not, they could still fight it cold turkey and be over it in 3 to 4 weeks

Quit smoking over a month ago. I feel so much better. I hope quitting before 30, better diet and lots of exercise reverses some of the damage I've done.

I feel way better already.

Fuck cigarettes.

this

i'm addicted, its a nice mild antidepressant, helps with anxiety really good. last time i was at a party for the whole night without a cigarette i tried to punch 2 of my friends because i thought they talked shit to me and cried afterwards, i might have some mild mental disorder, but oh well, ciggies help. better than the pharma jew anyways

If you get cancer from smoking you have shit genetics.

Disgusting. I won't even date a girl that smokes. My neighbours smoke and the halls reek of that awful shit.

That's because capes are for people who have never smoked before

Aka pussies

>Has photoshopped pic of Obama showing off his BBC
>Calls other people fags

Smoked between age 13-23
Quit during last deployment

Almost 27 now, feels great to be clean.

The only thing that should enter your lungs should be clean air

cigarettes are a nigger tier drug

I'm glad I found the taste and smell of these things completely unappetizing or I'd be like 75% who all got hooked in HS or college and are now in their 30s and struggling to quit smoking

the buzz is awful as well. just feel lightheaded and a little dizzy. I'm sure it changes once you get addicted and smoke a few packs a week for years on end, but the initial high just sucks

Tips on how to quit? Degenerate chainsmoker here, I really want to get rid of this filthy habit. I tried some YouTube hypnosis videos but that doesn't seem to work.

No one can afford to live to be 80 anymore, anyway. Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Reduce stress levels as much as you can, number one. I saved up some money so I can work at home for a bit. I vaped for a couple weeks, then quit that cold turkey.

Sleep helps. Playing video games. Working out. Reading.

You're not going to be able to quit if your anxiety is really high and you depend on cigarettes for that.

I smoked cigarettes in HS when I was 15 on and off, up to about 16. Started again when I was 20, quitting now at 29. Hopefully I can unfuck the damage I did.

Nothing stimulates the mind more than relaxing outside on a hot summer night with a cold drink and a cigarette. That being said, it's killing me slowly, so I would like to quit. But even when I quit I will always miss the wonderful times we had together.

as stated in passing in a previous topic, smoking is for draconians
if you aren't a draconian you'll probably get cancer if you can even stomach smoking at all
we dracos smoke because it's a part of our dragon biology, you apes wouldn't understand, go smoke a banana and a cock

Thats a cigar you moron

I had this ritual where, every friday I'd go to the same gas station and buy a pack and I smoked that in a week, light ex-smoker here.

I stopped driving past that gas station, got over a one week hump and now, after 2 months I don't crave anymore.

It's all about getting over those first few days, break the smoking habbits that you have.

Addiction is mostly just head games...if you want to quit just repeat to yourself "I don't need a smoke" over and over again plus find a hobby to keep your hands busy

I'm almost at a month and a half and my cravings are about gone.

come from a shitty background and started smoking when i was 12
got addicted badly at 15 16 17
quit when i was 18 and realised i am better than the white trash that i am surrounded by and started doing thing to improve my life

people smoke because they don't care and they feel hopeless and they're not thinking about the future at all in my experience

i remember the conversation i had with my friend that made me want to quit and it went something like
me: "what fags would you smoke if you had money?"
him: "if i was rich i wouldn't smoke"

good observation, Ahmed

smoked for 10 years and switched to dip and i feel alot better than when i was smoking

Anons, thank you for the tips. I'll finish my last pack then I'll go cold turkey on this bitch. It'll be hard because I'm stressed 110% of the time but enough of paying for the smokey Jew.

Reminder that (((they))) want you to stop smoking to make you low test

Good luck user

They're not mutually exclusive.

See: Also, checked.

I smoke during cut season. It's a good appetite suppressant.

Smoked when I was a kid because I thought it was "cool". Quit cold turkey when I was 20 with no assistance. I now spend every single day craving a cigarette and it takes all my will not to smoke one, but I haven't had one since I quit.
Don't ever smoke, not even once. One day you'll quit and you'll spend the rest of your life craving something you'd have been better off never having experienced in the first place.

no idea, when I first tried weed it was love on first puff but when I tried cig I just coughed like a little bitch and it gave me nothing

You can do it. I know reddit is some faggy shit but there's a good community on there for quitting smoking.

Fuck the faggots on here who would talk shit on it. I can see any other sub but self-improvement subs are good shit.

Suck my dick haters tbqh famalam

Just work out, dipshit. Avoid estrogen rich foods. Problem solved.

It's more addicting when you smoke as a minor I think.

10 year pack a day smoker who quit using a vape pen

When we see someone asking why someone still "does something so and so in the 21st century" it just reeks of brainwashing. Almost like a shill poster. Why do people smoke? Simple, some of us know that tobacco protects us from a lot of things big brother does not want you protected from. Why else would the govts of the world spend BILLIONS to get people to quit?

>Former best friend
>wish him lung cancer
I bet he's popular 6'3, and has a growing circle of friends unlike you, and that's why you're so bitter.
>I don't know what Stacy sees on him why she doesn't like ME? REEEEEE

I know this feeling

If you haven't experienced it you wouldn't know friend.

>some of us know that tobacco protects us from a lot of things big brother does not want you protected from.
Elaborate

while I respect fascist posting you are wrong

>cloves
you are literally gay

Chain-smoking an alcohol here.
Seconding this.
The President has the right idea.