The 2nd Amendment Needs To Be Changed

First of all, I would just like to say that I am a proud gun owner and I strongly support the 2nd amendment.

The world, America specifically, is a completely different place today in 2017 then it was in 1791 when the 2nd amendment was written. Time changes everything and it seems like the only thing that hasn't changed in the past 226 years ago is the 2nd amendment. I would like to propose some tough, but fair changes to the 2nd amendment that are needed.

!) Have the 2nd amendment specify exactly which arms Americans have a right to bare. "The Right to Bare Arms" is incredibly unspecific and leaves a lot of questions floating around. I would like to see all assault weapons banned under the 2nd amendment. No one needs assault weapons, and no one needs weapons that have more than 10 bullets in a clip. I have owned guns for close to three decades and have never needed to use more than 3 bullets at once. By banning assault rifles, we would be able to prevent a lot of the senseless gun violence happening in America.

2) I would like to see the 2nd amendment specify a minimum age for firearm ownership. Firearms are extremely deadly weapons and they need to be respected. Only mature adults with fully developed brains should have access to them. It would be an incredible change to make it so no one younger than 25 is allowed to have firearms. This would also prevent a lot of the firearm violence in America as most mass shooters are in their early 20's.

3) Give the government the ability to take firearms from whoever, whenever, and for any reason. It is the governments job to keep us safe. And if they have the ability to take guns away from dangerous people, we will all be so much safer.

I have many more arguments to present but these are my three most strongest ones. If you have nothing intellectual to contribute to this post please move on.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEF1x0j7gM
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-kill-three-teen-home-intruders-n739541
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let Americans govern their own country.

>leafposting

I agree with you, I am simply suggesting some positive changes to their legislation which would make their country a much better place.

Im sorry but what was the current year?

piss off leaf. keep your trudeau tainted hands off my point and shooties.

fuck off leaf

>The 2nd Amendment Needs To Be Changed
Then hold a Constitutional convention and change it.

Until then shut the fuck up.

Fuck off commie Canuck you posted this shit earlier.

Shall not be infringed

tl;dr bro
Fuck all that noise. Flood the market with killing instruments and lets have at it

Typical shity leaf thread.

Saged.

>By banning assault rifles, we would be able to prevent a lot of the senseless gun violence happening in America.
We already tried that in America, didn't work.

>I would like to see all assault weapons banned under the 2nd amendment
I would like to see you hang yourself from the nearest tree, but I guess that won't happen either.

t. restricted gun owner, Canada.

Go fuck yourself.

Fuck off, leaf

fuck off Leaf.

You god damn monkey lover.

Can't wait for Lord Trump to have us burn your nigger loving house down.

Fucking leaf

A commie leaf....who would have thought.

Day of the rake will be soon.

Kek wills it

I don't think he knows we can see country flags.

bait thread, also you are a faggot leaf, also saged, also there have been 0 mass shootings that weren't planned by the CIA

One of these days, I'm going to get the chance to actually shoot someone who wants to take away my ar15 or ak. I will sleep like a baby that night.

>saged

>just noticed we have country flags

first of all im a gun owner

Typical commie countryman. I hope you get a fucking bullet between the eyes you nigger loving faggot.
Herb this thread. You know what to write and where.

>First of all, I would just like to say that I am a proud gun owner and I strongly support the 2nd amendment.
> Give the government the ability to take firearms from whoever, whenever, and for any reason.

I strongly support an amendment to ban users with an IQ below 70 from posting.

>"The Right to Bare Arms" is incredibly unspecific and leaves a lot of questions floating around.
No it doesn't.

All arms are explicitly the right of private citizens to own.

>shall
>not
>be
>infringed

Pic related

Stopped reading at point 3
Taking guns away for no reason. What's the point of the amendment at all? It sounds like you just want a permit to be able to get a gun that the gov can take away if they feel like it.

>The world, America specifically, is a completely different place today in 2017 then it was in 1791
No it is not, the technology is different but the world is the same. Also why should anyone care what a Canadian thinks about our constitution? Oh right, we shouldn't. Fuck your own country up asshole.

You wanna know what used to be our second amendent?

"The Evangelical-Lutheran religion is the state's public religion. The inhabitants who practice it are obliged to raise their children in the same. Jesuits and monk orders may not be tolerated. Jews are excluded from access to the Kingdom."

take your bait to k

fuck off leaf, worry about your own shit.

Hey Canada go suck your gay presidents cock and stop trying to tell a far superior country what to do.

>By banning assault rifles, we would be able to prevent a lot of the senseless gun violence happening in America.
Most firearm murders are with pistols
>minimum age for firearm ownership.
Parental supervision.
>give the government the ability
Individuals don't commit genocide or democide. Governments do.

Fuck off leafnigger

Be a good leaf & m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEF1x0j7gM

Suck my gun loving dick you fucking leaf

lol fucking retard

>A Canadian thinking it knows what is best for another nation's national security

I'm starting to think we may need to build two walls.

Copy pasta horseshit.
The exact same thread has been posted days in a row.
Sage
Hide

No one will read this drivel anyway.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED NIGGER FAGGOT SLAVE

Fucking leaf! No

You want America to turn into Brazil???

Fuck. Off. Leaf.

for what it's worth... i've evolved my position on this somewhat.

first, the 2nd amendment is about SELF-Defense. you use a gun for Any other unlawful purpose, that's attempted murder (possibly) with a deadly weapon.

second, most NRA members are not going to be the ones shooting up schools or movie theaters or nightclubs, those are whackos who fell off the map of society.

I was wrong to think that "more guns" means "let's all just threaten and shoot at each other all day, everyday"

most gun owners (I would think) would be appalled by such a society...

instead, it's about self-defense and most importantly self-discipline and responsibility.

And how do you propose to enforce all that?
If a criminal shoots up your house with a 30 round semi-auto and all you have is a legal bolt action, and all the cops have are 9mm ten shot pistols and they are 45 minutes away?
Your proposition Number 3 completely negates the second and forth amendments, so stop pretending that you support the second amendment, you do not.
It is YOUR responsibility to keep yourself safe. The government can not an will not do it. You are giving up freedom, under the illusion that government can solve every problem. You, therefore, do not possess the mental capacity to vote, and should not be allow to own a firearm. As for the rest of us, we will have to take up the burden of defending you.

Sage

Assuming you're not baiting, let me counterpoint you.

1.) It's unspecific for a reason. Every American has the right to bear arms. This shall not be infringed. This is a core tenet of our nation, as it is both the right and responsibility of the common folk of our Great Republic to ensure the government does not overstep into tyranny. Senseless gun violence is but a tiny price to pay for security from tyranny when the tree of liberty cries out for watering.

2.) If an American is old enough to enlist in the Armed Services and die for the freedoms of his nation, he is old enough to enjoy the fruits of those freedoms and to protect himself, his family, and his Republic.

3.) The Government is the chief reason the second amendment exists. The people of the nation itself are the most fearsome and powerful check in the system of balances our Republic employs. Yes, the government has drones and tanks etc; but you cannot govern an armed populace by force. Boots on the ground. Military realities.

I will gladly rebut any further points you have, and I appreciate your time in attempting to subvert and undermine the glorious Republic of the United States of America. Fifteen cents has been deposited by the queen into your weak-kneed milk-drinking Trudeau-sponsored Soros-funded Government Retirement Accountâ„¢

Canadian shit doesn't understand the purpose of the second amendment in the first place

Fucking Retard

My improved second amendment:

>The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Arms may not be taxed. Arms may not be restricted. Arms may not be licensed, tracked or registered. "Arms" is defined herein to mean "any items, objects, structures or vehicles which are meant to, or may be, used for combat, warfare or defense."

Note that this is all already implied by "shall not be infringed." This change would only be to clarify the intent of the bill.

>Leaf thinks he knows better.

Nice

You are in the most cowardly fashion, asking other men in the form of government to take away the freedom
and right to self defense of your peers.
You will not be one of those who confiscate
guns, because you only value your safety,
and you are lobbying others to exercise
control on your behalf without risking anything yourself.

The ppl need equal force to be able to revolt agaist a hypothetical tyranic government. Get a brain dumb ass.

I've saged but this will get to 300 (you)s GTD

the founder also didn't imagine the internet? Does that mean the 1st amendment needs to be changed?

Fuck off leaf shill, you posted the same shit yesterday and no one cared then. Certainly no one cares now.

CHECKED

FPBP

I have no idea why you would need more than 3 bullets in your MAGAZINE. Fucking leaf. It's not a fucking clip.
>Also this
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-kill-three-teen-home-intruders-n739541

Fuck man this is some top tier shill bait, it's actually scary
I was on board with it until he said take away guns at any time

damn, and none of you faggots checked em

Fuck you.

No?! YOU SAY 'NO' TO MY AR-15, YOU FUCKIN' PRICK! YOU AIN'T GONNA ABLE TO SAY 'NO' TO ME WHEN I GET TO YOUR HOUSE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!

only changes we need are allowance of suppressors, full auto capability, and removal of 922r compliance bullshit.

>Assault weapons
>Clips being used in this context
Wew this is quality bait

a fucking leaf has no right to say anything about american traditions and rules.

day of the rake is soon.

Gun owner for years
>Clip
Fuck off leaf

It's BEAR not bare you stupid fuck

As a counter argument. May I suggest you fornicate with a syphilitic moose?

>I'm a gun owner
>therefore, by being a gun owner, this gives me the rights to take away all guns
>B-but it's not ALL guns, just the spooky ones

>*people still die from guns*
>oh shucks, as a gun nu- gun owner I have the right to relinquish all your weapons because pistols and shotguns still kill, we can keep 22LR muskets though.

>!) Have the 2nd amendment specify exactly which arms Americans have a right to bare.
Just stop right there leaf.
Then fuck off.
Inb4 a shitskin rapes OP.

They could have put an age restriction, but they didn't.
They could have banned cannons, but they didn't.
They could have said one gun each, but they didn't.
They could have banned wooden warships with 40 cannons, but they didn't.

The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed.

You're missing the point, the purpose of A2 is to ensure that the citizens have enough firepower to overthrow a disobedient government.

This.
OP's clearly getting a shekel per post.

youre from canada do you have intellectuals up there or are you to busy dressing up eight year olds and fucking dogs
>I strongly support the second amendment but want to amend it because i believe that what i think is so profound i will pontificate and prove how intellectually superior i am otherwise i would just stuff the barrel of one of the guns i love so dearly up my butt and pull the trigger

Go fuck yourself, stay in your own goddamn shithole you fucking syrup nigger.

Well, no.

Let's say Canada decides to invade us, each and every American needs to have quality weapons so we can mow you fuckers down and push your asses up into the fucking Arctic.

Get it?

I'm pretty sure your AR15's rounds would bounce off of M1 tanks. Also, how do you plan on dealing with US military attack helicopters, fighter jets, battleships, nuclear submarines, and the most elite, loyal, and disciplined fighting force on the planet?

I just want everyone to know, this thread has been posted in some form everyday on this board since 2013.

>no one needs weapons that have more than 10 bullets in a clip
>clip

That's where you stop reading and sage.

That's the point, the citizen militia is necessary for the security of a free state. Its written right there in A2, did you miss it? After 200+ years we're _way_ off course.

FPBP

Because that would ever happen...

Fuck off, ya shitty leaf! You just wannabe the USA. Stop spamming this bullshit.

Says it would improve America. Doesn't live in America. Fuck off ya leaf. Go chug some maple syrup or something.

Well looks like you have some work to do because America has been a police state for the last 3-4 decades.

Also, I support the 2A but it should be changed to account for it being 2017 and not 1791 anymore.

The military swears an oath to the constitution, not the government dumbfuck.
If issued completely unlawful orders (such as attack american citizens doing nothing wrong) soldiers can and will disobey those orders.
There was a large survey throughout the NCOs of the military to see what would happen if they were repeatedly given orders to fire on Americans.
The NCOs would frag the officer giving those orders in a majority of cases.

>Leaf
>Posting ignorant shit
>Probably b8

sage desu.

Fuck you syrup nigger

SAGE

>leaf

>account for it being 2017 and not 1791 anymore
Oh fuck off already with your memes.

You leafy idiot, why do you keep posting here? You are the reason we have no respect on this board. Please self educate yourself on topics before posting, this isn't the comment section of the Toronto Star

Keep making Canada the greatest country right next to Sweden, leaf.

I suggest you shut the fuck up and mind your own business.

I'm pretty sure if citizens started firing at troops, that troops would return fire. Do you honestly believe that US troops would let themselves be killed that easily? These are some of the most loyal, trained, and disciplined soldiers on the planet.

Actually, humans are basically the same. There has been no significant evolution of humans since ~17nn so what was true then is true today. People in power pretty much always try to stay in power and gain more power, this has not changed. The clothes, technology, and smell have changed, but the humans that seek power are the same assholes as the ones that were in power in ~17nn.

No compromises.

Now put on your blue UN beret, run off to the third world, and resume raping children, leaf.

If you try to change the second amendment, we're going to use the second amendment.