What happens here? If you zoom in on this area...

What happens here? If you zoom in on this area, you'll see that several of these islands are either blurred or blacked out entirely. What are you hiding, Ivan?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault
worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump for interest

Also, what's going on with this one? That northeast corner looks a bit suspicious to me.

Wrangle Island still has dwarf wolly mamouth they want to keep secret

I think there's a vault somewhere around there that holds copies the worlds seeds.

Seems our Russian friends are taking no interest in the thread. How convenient.

Entrance to inner earth

That is on svalbard en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault

Those parts are blurry because
>there already has to be extremely high resolution screenshots of said area, which there is likely to be not many of as those areas are uninteresting and serve no purpose in monitoring
>then, Google has to acquire said high resolution screenshots of the area, and the russian government is the only place that will admit to having such high resolution screenshots, so it's at their discretion to release them (think of how there was a black line on Greenland for a decade on google maps, same shit)
>someone at Google then has to splice and mould a 2d flat imagine onto a 3d image, which is unlikely to happen as they are uninteresting places and do not require precise or high resolution imagery
I just made all of this up btw but it sounds true

Kidnapped children are taken there and sacrificed to moloch

Can you run some kind of filter to find areas that are purposely shopped? We could make a list of areas taken off maps. Anons could investigate the areas and share info.

/wiki/Vilkitsky_Island_(East_Siberian_Sea)

I've been using google earth since it first came out.

I've never seen a piece of land on Google earth look like someone used Paint to blur out islands.

OP found something of interest.

North Korea has lots of blurry areas in the North-East section of the country when zoomed in, I'm pretty sure they're labor camps/a place where people go to die in fucked up ways.

Here's another one. This time from our friends in Israel. Any Jews want to comment on what these are? They don't appear to be anywhere near anything. I'll post a zoomed out view as well so you can see roughly where they are.

Southeast of Ezuz in Israel.

bump

I literally said I made up everything I said yet you still felt obligated to correct me

Have I just unironically been mansplained?

it's the territory polygon that they use to define the island. They don't have a clean image at certain zoom levels without the ice, so they just render the polygon because it looks cleaner.

be my gf

There is where they hide the billions worth of American taxpayer money they receive in aid.

Probably because they were asleep

Many areas around Antarctica are also blacked out

Mostly climate research stations. Nothing really relevant, so why bother to make proper shots?

that;s where the russian hackers are

There are lots of these areas around the world still not covered by high res images. This is one north of Australia.

Also, in the early days most of the globe was in low resolution.

I'm talking more about the island that is specifically blacked out.

sea ice

worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/