Is genetic ancestry testing a waste of money?

Is genetic ancestry testing a waste of money?
How accurate is it?
What are the best options? 23andme ect.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Australians
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its fake, and gay.

Proof?

every random cunt gets 1% polynesian.

Not only is it fake and gay, but it's voluntarily putting your DNA in a database, which is fucking stupid

You're Polish, what the fuck do you hope to learn?

Forgive me for being so dumb, but don't the tests only reveal one side of your heritage?

You only get either your maternal or paternal ancestry. Can't remember which one.

Nope, both. However, if you happen to be female, you won't get your paternal haplogroup.

Paternal ancestry is all that matters anyway.

I would expect a more intellegent statement about the complexity fo history from a serb M8...

It's worse though, I'm Australian.

people here who are too poor to get the testing done will say its dumb, but it really does give you some invaluable information.

i got it done for my wife's son to see if he would be a better endurance athlete or a powerlifter

I did it last year after I came into some money. It's not really worth how much they ask but still kind of interesting I guess.

It's not fake, it's probably an error that will be corrected. They update your shit all the time. Mine's changed slightly since I joined. It used to say I was 0.1% Arab, now it doesn't any more.

Your DNA is already in a database anyway.

Most of you faggots are too poor to do it anyway so it doesn't matter.

You'll get to see if you have any odd ancestors up to the 18th century at best. The results aren't as complex as you'd hope.

>i broke up with my arab boyfriend

>volunteering your genome to be patented in the future

No thanks desu

Early training and conditioning, both mental and physical produces good results more reliably than relying on genetics.

Find someone with the right values and pass them on.

If you've ever handled a penny, your DNA is in a database already.

ancestry.com seems dead on I literally see all of it in me.

39% East European
29% British
16% German
8% Spanish
3% Irish
2% Swedish
2% Italian

>fake and gay
>it matters if your DNA is in a database
Which is it?

>I literally see all of it in me
and that's just on a Friday night.
padum tisssshhhh

>23andme ect.

Beware. Site is owned by wife of (((Google))) co-founder.

You will most likely find (((extra genes))) that you don't really have. Its politicized like everything they do.

The site literally exists to debunk whiteness whenever and however possible.

>Paternal ancestry is all that matters anyway.
Not to (((them)))

>If your mom isnt a Jew, than neither are you.

lel, 3% nigger

Legitimate observation

Not to get all conspiracy theorist on you but they stole your fucking DNA for 10 years. Look into the fine print it's kind of Insidious

Literally the google landing page. Right now.

Do NOT us 23andme

pic related

back in school days we were all forced to get fingerprints done "incase we go missing and they have something to help find us".

it's run by mormons. they'll use the info to baptize you a mormon after your death.

23 and me is ran by Hillary supporters and they have in their ToS that they're allowed to use the DNA you send them for whatever purpose they deem fit.

THEORY

Had Hitler had a cache of all Germans DNA testing, lots more people could not have hidden their genetics from him.

I'm suspecting, JEW in thread who doesn't want to believe, and comes off discouraging.

JEW CONFIRMED SIGHTING.
DO NOT BELIEVE THE JEW.

ALSO. If you're 100% European, as I am. You love to show your DNA to friends and family. You couldn't show anyone with 1% Jew with 3% non-white, so it comes off embarrassing.

PROPAGANDA BY JEW??? WHO KNEW!!

Get your DNA test done. Show us you're not a Jew.

>buy ancestor test for $100
>find out I'm the last direct descendant of Adolf Hitler
>Jewish assassins proceed to kill me and steal all my gold and jewellery

>30% of Australia's population is of partial Irish ancestry

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Australians

Reminder 3 in 10 Australians are Niggers.

If that's the case then go out and make some white children. We'll need it in the long run.

>it's f..fake guys

I can just tell you got 20% Ashkenazi or something

Then get the fuck back to Australia.
WE'RE FULL

It's waste of money, we know niggers ain't really kangs and sheeeeiiit.

You did the ones on 23andme ?

Maybe. Maybe it's all ran by the Jew. Encouraging people to not get DNA testing done, because if more and more people did, it'd be "a thing" everyone wants to do. Then, these companies have who is Jew who is not Jew and what to do. Again, if Hitler had this based knowledge, who knew what he would have done. Based Jew.

Not really. Irish Catholics are the based, and far from the Protesters up north. Fuck them.

Will do. Trying to not find a Jew is hard enough.

Can we stop with the irish are niggers meme, irish are white, germans and jews are nigger tier

Irish Catholics are white. Irish Protestants and Protesters on the other hand....not white.

It's bantz leaf, are you new or something?

Question. Guy I do like is very Irish, I think I can make him from a Protestant to a Catholic no problem. On the other hand, he has a kid with a black chick, should I proceed? His life is pretty much hell and he's not much of a father to them, and I really think he wants to leave this chick because she no longer wants kids. I want like 20, and that's right around where he wants. So, nay or not?

Yeah, as long as he cuts contact i'm sure it will be fine.

you are giving the jews money so they can use your DNA to develop bioweapons that target people based on their ethnicity ie nonjews
good job

yes it's a waste of money you retard. next time try /adv/

>he's not much of a father to them

What makes you think he'll be one to yours?

>you getting made up results definitely means they dont put your real DNA into the databank

Thanks user

Kek triggered papist nigger detected

5% user you didn't get to the bottom of the list

if you know your ancestry and family history, yes

otherwise go for it

>want like 20,
Says many women, till they have 3 and all get sick at the same time

I work in a data analytics office that does risk analysis for life insurance companies

All the ancestry companies(23andme, ancestryDNA, etc) literally sell your DNA and results to us so we can use it to gauge life insurance prices, and we also check if you are lying about health risks, pre-existing genetic conditions, smoking, etc.

Also if you already applied for life insurance at one company, don't like your price, then apply at another company and lie on the application, we catch that too because we get data from almost every life insurance company in the country

tl;dr these jews sell your data to anyone who asks for it, as do insurance companies

Im a Protestant and Im telling you he is probably some kind of yucky ass liberal Protestant, you can make him a papist but you cant make him not a niggerloving cuck. Find a conservative Catholic/Christian it will save you a lot of headache than trying to reconcile someone like that.

If you're an unmixed European it's a waste. I know I'm 100% Latvian besides a Pole and an Estonian that two of my great-great-great grandparents cucked, and genetically that's 90% the same shit anyways.
>It's worse though, I'm Australian
So 100% shitposter.
I'd go for it if I were you, just to see if I've got any noonga in me.

You can still join the church, my friend. You'll feel better. I promise. Protesters are genetically similar to Protestants, no lie.

Good advice.

PROTESTANT IRISHMEN just aren't free. They work for the British Regime.

I SWEAR I'm seeing signs of them trying to become the world powerhouse again, like they were prior to the wars.

Mostly matched up with what my parents told me about muh ancestors growing up, so it's at least semi-accurate

>If you've ever handled a penny, your DNA is in a database already.
what

wtf is this picture?

you've got to up your saltpeter dosage

Okay, so we should use a fake name. Thanks for the info.

That's what I did

אָמֵן
It's a waste of time and money.

i think these things seem like monumentally stupid predatory schemes, but my mom seems interested in them - to which i counter "what does it matter?" she says "i'm part indian! we could get money!" to which I reply "like pocahontas?"

i like elizabeth warren, if she had been the vp instead of stupid cain the lazy base would have showed up and we wouldn't have captain orange but thats ot

anyways i think these dna ancestry things are dumb, and i never even considered the dna db aspect, nothx

this is strange about my mom's interest actually because she's always been against those child fingerprint db programs

>she's against child fingerprint db Programs

So tell her it's like the child fingerprint database but 100000% worse and more invasive and insidious

>20% Ashkenazi
get on my level, goyim

It's called a Pigg-O-Stat. It's a six thousand dollar plexiglass tube to hold babies still for xrays.

My son was put into that contraption while getting an xray once.

Please post this more often, very fucking true.

It was worth it for me because my mother never knew her biological father, and my paternal grandmother died during childbirth. All of the family record keeping was shite because they're all a bunch of drunks. And my surname is kind of ambiguous.

Turns out I'm 75% eastern European and 25% English.

What was I going to do with it anyway?

>that pic
Fucking bag of fucking veggie chips has ruined my sides. Holy shit.

Pretty accurate. I'm apparently 52% Euro (32% Spanish, 12% Italian, 8% British), 38% African, 5% North African, and 5% Native American. Seems about right.

Do you just get an instant erection around either gold or baby dicks?

Oh no girl, no no no, what are you thinking... Run away, run far away from him. You want to have this other woman interrupting your life to make demands on your man? You want half his resources going to her children instead of yours? You are not thinking straight right now. He's a coal-burner, his judgement is very flawed and you cannot fix him. You are a very nurturing and maternal woman, you'll make a good mom someday, but you need to find a better man to shower with your affections. He will not be a better father to your kids than hers, he'll be a worse father because he's already got kids. Plus they're black. Like really? Just stop.

>Do you just get an instant erection around either gold or baby dicks?

Both and does not everyone?

You guys are forgetting it tells you about diseases too. Kind useful but doubt you will change your lifestyle or diet or something. Got kinda useful info about smoking and caffeine. Still though, its a bit of a waste of money.

>spend £125
>be 100% European

Ok thanks... Off to be a degenerate, masturbate and not pass on my 100% Aryan race polish white genes. Btw just use a pseudo-name. Part of 23andme is owned by (((Google))).

what did they mean by this ?

I got a DNA ancestry test and it came back with 40% very unexpected results, so I got the 23&me for a second opinion.

It doesn't matter you idiots, my point is that we have your DNA(and a shit ton of other info) on you. Anywhere you go, we have all this saved, and we distribute it to anyone who asks. A fake name doesn't change that it's very very easy to match DNA

who cares, gimme that racial validation

I care why...?

(((They))) only make (((you))) one of (((them))) if your (((mother))) is (((Jewish)))

You snownegros are pathetic
If their wasn't so much widespread degeneracy and if rape and adultery weren't common in your communities you wouldn't need to hand off your dna to a bunch of kikes just so you can know who your father or grandfather is
I wanna say adopt Islam to save yourself but I look at how you twisted and ruined the previous words of god and I start thinking if you're really too far gone for any religion to save you

Wait until they go on sale as they do several times a year. Then test your grandparents or parents who ever is the oldest person instead of yourself.

>you wouldn't need to hand off your dna to a bunch of kikes just so you can know who your father or grandfather
unlike sandniggers who are so inbred they automatically know their father is their uncle and their grandfather is a camel

A little ironic coming from you cletus

You're a nigger.

Its how governments get DNA samples from citizens. Been going on for a while now.

Everywhere or just in the jewnited states?

Actually I'm 100% European, just not the type I was always told.

It sort of is desu. You'll have markers from regions your family hasn't even been to for 1k years.
It is more a less a bunch of guesswork. 23andme and Ancestry try to map you to a specific region. But it is still possible (especially for West Europeans to Persians to have freak markers which would leave you to believe you were like 10% Indian, even if you are definitely 100% "Polish". It is a science that is steadily getting better, so if you don't mind giving your DNA over to be sequenced - in 10 years or so time, you should be able to pass the raw data back through and get a more accurate map of your history.

At the end of the day, why would you care?

You are 7% mongol

>anyone who asks
No.
>a fake name doesn't change this
Yes, it does. In addition all the data is anonymized, there's literally no way to match it up with who I am without having something to match it against, in which case you wouldn't need the 23andme raw data

WAIT A SECOND
>Ashkenazi
>kenazi
>nazi
WEW LAD THIS WORLD NEVER CEASES TO BOTH CONFUSE & AMAZE MEH