Bill Nye: Race is a human construct and gender isn't real

>Bill Nye denies race and the construct of gender

Has Bill Nye gone off the deep end?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/words-of-wisdom/bill-nye-theres-no-such-thing-as-race
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4719274/Biologists-clues-ghost-species-ancient-human.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucking gone

bump

Used for the sockpuppet he is.

How is he a scientist if he denies biology?

Link or fake news

Why do you keep bringing up this shit? It was relevant months ago. Go find something new to get angry about.

>there is no such thing as race
From a taxonomic standpoint this is correct
>gender isn't real
From a biological standpoint that is correct

Sociologists would disagree with both positions but the hard sciences would find neither exist.

>From a taxonomic standpoint this is correct
no its not

We are the same species but there are clear differences that are unique to different races

>mandatory puberty blockers right fucking now

DARWIN BTFO

>"scientist"
Wearing a bowtie does not make him a scientist. He is just an mechanical engineer, don't even have a doctorade or any studies in a relevant field to make claims about biology matters like race and gender.

He looks like a pedo.

(((They))) probably have dirt on him, so he's being forced to do it

Either that or he only wants to be relevant again so he has to spew out what tell him to.

>He is just an mechanical engineer
I believe he had degree reassignment surgery that made him a expert in all things "science."

Desperate for attention eh

Both are real... What the fuck are you talking about?

That's like saying shapes don't exist. Jesus fucking Christ

You can still be racist though.
Also, don't you dare get my pronouns mixed up.

>He is just an mechanical engineer
>You can build a thousand bridges and no one will ever say... "There goes Bill the bridge builder."
Hasn't built any bridges.

He gets payed.

>From a taxonomic standpoint this is correct

It very much is, unless you mean subspecies being better.

Negroes are very much genetically distinct from Caucasians or Mongoloids, for example.

Excuse me if I'm incorrect, English is my second language, but that sentence doesn't make a lick of sense.

LINK OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

good. Hope it trends so people can focus on getting on with their lives instead of bothering each other.

>implying Negroes and brown Caucasians will ever stop bothering us

ok Sup Forums i recently visited my sister (she lives in berlin, shithole of the state) and she turned on some vice documentaries about transgender people. Now i am a very cautious person, and stated to her that i like the ideas of these people to strive for being what they want to be, but i dont get how chromosomes can be wrong if their existance is proven. Basically she raplied with something along the lines of: "hurr durr, we can't judge people based on their decision on who they want to be, some people just feel they're in the wrong body, for example there's people that think their leg doesn't belong to their body, how would you go about that?" i responded by saying that schizophrenics apparently also are being different personas but we shouldn't be normalizing that but help those people because they apparently have a mental disorder. So can Sup Forums tell me some based arguments against transgender apart from "its wrong"

If race and gender aren't real, why do they still call white men racist and sexist?

How did he go from sort of cool science dude in middle school to insufferable faggot?

This seems like they're trying to fix the problem they made with the SJW stuff.

Instead of going to reality, they want to go full colorblind and genderblind, so people stop focusing on it so much. I doubt it'd work, even if the lefty retards that suck on authority as if it's beyond gospel.

You already got an answer that disproves you and you just ignored it and ask for another... You really think you being convince matters?

You're argument is clearly only from incredulity "duuuurrr I have arbitrarily determined that's 'different' therefore I've discarded it, lel! Any more answers aside from ones that disprove me? Bc I'll ignore those."

GTFO

It's a figure of speech pretty much saying he's crazy

>gender isn't real
I bet "trans" gender freaks feel silly now.

He's doing what he's paid to do. Which is to push the Progressive agenda. This was all planned ahead of time. Now imagine all this bullshit with the backing of a Hillary Clinton Whitehouse.

Bill just doesn't want to deal with social constructs on his science show.

They really should. There is nothing wrong with being a Tom boy or a girly man. No need to cut your dick off.

The term "Race" in terms of biology is loosely defined and only applies within the context of two separate species or sub-species, not a different ethnic group. Since Blacks are not a separate species, they are not technically a separate "Race". Since Asians are not a separate species, they are not technically a separate "Race".

So he is correct, "Race", in the context of humans as a single species, doesn't exist because we are all the same species. Simply because the term is erroneously used to define things which aren't biologically "Race" (i.e. Ethnicity). Just because you all use the term "Race" incorrectly doesn't make Nye stupid. He's merely illustrating a well known misnomer.

As for gender, biologically gender doesn't exist, only sex exists. Gender is a social construct and since it is contingent on each society and it's views (completely independent of biology or science) it can be soundly argued that Gender is a fictitious construct.

Sex = Scientific Biology (chromosomes, genetics, etc)

Gender = Social Construct (SJWs, Feminism, etc)

Friendly reminder that the concept of "Gender" was initially popularized by a wackjob scientist who championed the idea that a male with mutilated genitals could be successfully raised as a female, which of course ended with the individual committing suicide.

So honestly Nye is actually stating the obvious here while all of you are showing your No-child-left-behind lack of actual education or critical thinking skills.

bigthink.com/words-of-wisdom/bill-nye-theres-no-such-thing-as-race

I found this one though.

The arguments makes here are so utterly retarded that im sure progressives will happily gobble them up

Sûre, bill, whatever you say...
>Biologists find clues to a 'ghost' species of ancient human in Africa and say interbreeding between early hominin species was 'the norm'
>Study found a saliva protein in modern sub-Saharan Africans to be very distinct
>This suggests the ancient species interbred with another archaic human species
>But, there are no fossils linked to this discovery, making it a 'ghost' species
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4719274/Biologists-clues-ghost-species-ancient-human.html

Are you new? All your reasoning from contemporary discourse isn't going to go down well with the Sup Forums crowd who can't handle that reality differs from the conceptualisation they made of the world when they were 8.

He's right. "Gender" isn't real. It's just someone's preference for pants versus dresses.

Sex is what is real. That's what the words "male/female," "man/woman," "his/her," etc., refer to, it's what bathrooms are divided by, and it's what the law refers to.

Face it, the people who call themselves "transgender" don't want to change their "gender." They want to change their biological sex. "Gender" has nothing to do with whether you have a penis or vagina. That's sex.

What we are calling "transgenders" are actually transsexuals, except you can't change your sex. So they are actually just mentally ill people.

Except that progressives loves Race (muh Diversity) and Gender (muh special snowflake). To deny the existence of "Race" is to deny everything SJWs fight for, to deny the existence of "Gender" is to deny everything that makes SJWs special.

If anything, Nye is showing how neutral and pragmatic he is, not progressive.

see

We're all red inside.

>YourChildNeedsBloodRacist.SickleCell.png

good pasta bong
retarded logic, but good pasta
it's funny when you type a lot of words to give the impression you have a point, but it all hinges on
>As for gender, biologically gender doesn't exist, only sex exists. Gender is a social construct and since it is contingent on each society and it's views (completely independent of biology or science) it can be soundly argued that Gender is a fictitious construct.
which is an opinion, and a stupid one at that
kys faggot

bill nye just parrots what scientists say and he's been convinced that gender studies is science.

The bong is correct.
Scientifically speaking, race and gender do not exist.
Culturally/politically speaking, they're incredibly obvious.
But science gives no shit for culture or politics. It can be manipulated, however, to sway cultural/political biases. And often is.

SLET DETTE!

B.A. In engineering from 1980
Never did anything since

kill yourself

All still the same species.

Not an argument and you've not refuted a single point, claim or fact which I've illustrated.

Race only applies biologically to separate species, not a separate ethnic groups. Fact.

Gender is a social construct with no scientific basis. Fact.

It's not a opinion, it's common misnomer logic 101.

THERE IS NO RACE THERES ONLY SPECIES
THE HUMAN SPECIES
THE NIGGER SPECIES
THE ORIENTAL SPECIES
ETC.

No dickhead. He's saying that gender studies ISNT science.

Low iq posting

So he denies science basically.

Which makes him just Bill Nye the Guy.
Actually Bill Nye the, because he denies gender too

> Bawwww! Bill Nye supports Global Warming and the Conservatives tell me Global Warming is liberal propaganda so now I have to hate Bill Nye!

Never change Sup Forums

Just goes to show how stupid people on Sup Forums are and how eager they are to ham-fist a narrative into their dislike of this figure.

Really denying Race and Gender as scientific concepts is a slap in the face to SJWs and Social Progressives, yet still the alt right here on Sup Forums desperately want to believe Nye is a liberal pawn so they're putting their foots in their mouths trying to spin this as some kind of anti-logic liberal brainwashing.

Your'e assuming shockingly apparent internal contradictions cannot exist within the SJW framework.

They will happily deride you for protesting immigration because we are all the same while calling you evil for being white.

Every statistic on mental abilities has blacks at the bottom, and they are also the least genetically related to all other humans.

Genetically speaking it would be most accurate to say that the human species is divided into two races: blacks and non-blacks.

Then the non-black races are divided into sub-races, like caucasian and mongoloid.

But the first division we should think about is that between blacks and non-blacks. That's where you will find the most meaningful differences among people.

Not an argument.

see
True, but by that same token you can argue everything is liberal progressive brainwashing depending on who said it so it's ultimately a moot point.

Triggered. Fuck Wikipedia.

Everything good is ruined by liberals.

Flag relevant.

great argument, nigger.

>Drawing the line in the sand somewhere

What if I told you gender and sex are synonymous in this context

>UN shitposting
Good stuff.

Ironically in elementary school when we used to watch bill nye everyone would change the opening lyrics to "BILL NYE HIS MOMS A GUY" instead of bill nye the science guy. And everyone used to scream it. Good times.

You really like doing mind bending in order to save your childhood hero (maybe?).

Is there anything you aren't awful at Canada?

I think the UN posters are mostly, ahem, "superpower by 2020" posters.

There are only two genders, Boy has Dick, Girl has Tits and Vagina. Even if your from Taiwan you still Identify as either a boy or a girl. It is Identified by either a XX (Girl), Or XY (Boy) Chromosome Lineup. IT'S SIMPLE FUCKING BIOLOGY
As For Race DNA shows your ancestry, also you can tell somones race vy skin color, what do you think nigger, chink, gook, spic, kike, etc. Mean. IT IDENTIFIES RACE AND ANCESTRY YOU DUMBSHITS! NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GENDER AND RACE AND GO BACK TO TUMBLR AND SHOVE IT YOU ABSENT MINDED CUNTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You would probably need an actual argument first to make such a claim stick. As it stands all you're doing is just throwing mud hoping something sticks.

Because most of the racial classifications people use today ARE way too broad and overreaching. 'Whiteness' is basically a 19th century bullshit pseudo-science concept of which the definition has changed massively over the past century (I include 'blackness' in that too).

There are definitely distinct ethnic groups, but the way most people talk about race is fucking bullshit, and has no basis in real biology. Bill is right this time.

Don't you see that the issue isn't the concept, but how the terms are erroneously used?

Its not what hes doing. He's making emotional appeals like 'were all one!' in order to get people to discard readily apparent information.

Whatever term you use for it. Human beings can be classified into different subgroups that have specific identifiable characteristics. To be willfully blind to that is to deny yourself information that can be used to make decisions

But Your Fucking A White Male

Someone's got to him, either through blackmail or paying him off.

>Since Blacks are not a separate species

That's where you are wrong kiddo

Gender and sex are two completely different things.

Gender is a continuous variable ranging from masculine to feminine behavior.

Sex is a discrete, dichotomous variable based on chromosomes and refers to biological characteristics.

If a woman wears a tie and acts dominant, or a man wears a dress and acts submissive, they are transgender.

If a woman wants to have a penis and a beard, or a man wants to have a vagina and breasts, they are transsexual.

He's just an actor - no one ever saw his PH.D

>no such thing as race
does that mean we can already stop with positive discrimination?

>the way most people talk about race is fucking bullshit, and has no basis in real biology
You're expecting Sup Forums to put aside their own beliefs/biases and accept that, biologically speaking, race is a social/political rather than scientific construct.
This place is every bit as biased as any radfem forum.

If I consider myself as apache helicopter, does this give me right to assault people?

Does that mean I can say nigger now?

He's stating scientific facts, stop trying to turn this into a narrative bandwagon you can ride.

If they can interbreed with us then arguably they're the same species. And until science backs up your assertions and conclusions based on the available evidence, then you've no argument.

Yes.

>Race only applies biologically to separate species, not a separate ethnic groups. Fact.
Great job redefining common vernacular to fit your agenda, loser.
What you call a common misnomer is sophistry.
How old are you and how many women have you fucked?

Proof the nye posting and liberal pysops are working

Explain to me how self reported race has a startlingly high correlation to genetically classified race?

Fuck you leaf

I give no fucks about self-reported anything.
Scientifically, race doesn't exist.
Culturally, it is everything.
But scientifically - as in, "this is a peer-reviewed paper showing racist differences among humans" does not exist.
That is what the argument is about - not about nigger nigger nigger nigger spic fucking nigger.
If you disagree, post a peer-reviewed paper showing otherwise.

There are plenty of animals that (can) interbreed that aren't the same species....

>found the mongrel

You forgot to change your flag, leaf.

Ahh so thats why, as an aside, he thows in "mutts are much more healthy than purebreeds btw".

You have to be an absolute idiot not to see the agenda here

The problem with the term "Nigger" isn't a matter or different group of people being classified as one word or another, but rather that on ethnic group takes offense to the term.

Just because terms are commonly misused doesn't mean someone citing that misuses is themselves wrong especially when referring to the literal scientific context of the term.

Ethnicity =/= Race. If people look different then it's no surprise that they'll consider themselves unique from other groups of people who look different and vice versa. Just because they're using the term "Race" incorrectly to identify this difference doesn't make them a different Race, just a different ethnic group.

Idiot identifies as scientist
>Fails at middle school science

It's almost like that whole 'identity' stuff is a load of shit. Really activates my almonds...

>If they can interbreed with us then arguably they're the same species.
Lions and Tigers can also interbreed. So according to you the differences aren't real and are irrelevent? And all the differences in animal breeds don't matter either?

Also, the pronouns refer to sex, not gender. That's the big switcheroo they are trying to do, changing the criterion for the pronoun division. It has always been based on sex, so it's based on your chromosomes, not whether you wear a dress or not. You can't choose your chromosomes, so you can't choose your pronouns. SJWs just changed the criterion for pronouns to gender, but it was never based on that. Neither are bathrooms.

That's what people get confused about. The answer to all of this is that pronouns and bathrooms are based on sex, not gender.

Gender is the way we verbally address someone of a given sex. Since there are two sexes there are therefore only two genders. Male and female. He and she. To say gender is not based in science is technically true, but at the same time it is inherently linked to sex due to how we use it, so saying there should be more than two is just fucking retarded.

But they cannot produce a viable offspring. Therefor are not the same species.

Maybe you just want that badly to see Agenda to suit your pre-existing biases and views regarding him as an intellectual authority.

So what is correct term for "race"?
I mean clearly slavs, anglos and sub-Saharan people aren't the same genetically.
Two slavs have more in common than slav and anglo, and slav and anglo have more in common than anglo and sub-Saharan guy.

Liberals are retarded. Even if something is a social construct that doesn't make it any less real.