Bill Maher On Switching From Rand To Clinton

What did he mean by this?

Even though he's admittedly NOT a Libertarian (especially because of their views on economics), Maher briefly flirted with the idea of voting for Rand, so a lot of his liberal friends got super ass-blasted about it and pressured him constantly to change. Eventually Rand signed that Iran nonsense, which, while bad, wasn't as nearly as bad as a lot of Libertarians thought. A drop in the bucket compared to Obama or Hillary's foreign policy evil, but the Libertarian community (rightly) holds Rand to a much higher standard than those two, and that combined with the fact that they somewhat misunderstood it, freaked out tremendously over it. His liberal friends and writers showed Maher some of this Libertarian hysteria without context, and convinced him that Rand was as almost as evil as all other Republicans. They also said "he doesn't personally approve of pot or gay marriage or federal laws approving abortion" not understanding that those things do not make someone any less Libertarian. Personal opinion of pot or gay marriage has nothing to do with Libertarianism. And there's no Libertarian consensus on abortion laws. In any case, political decentralization is arguably the most important Libertarian principle there is. That it helps Rand a bit conveniently with conservatives doesn't change this fact. One can definitely say that federal government forcing states to accept gay marriage and give them government goodies is as anti-libertarian as it gets. The libertarian position should be that the government gets out of marriage licensing altogether, but of course fags want a higher power to approve of their love, which is why they fought in that direction. Their whole "government shouldn't tell me who I can't love" mantra is ridiculous because they wanted that very thing, and wanted the courts to make everyone culturally accept their love. (Cont)

(Cont)
And why Libertarians concerned themselves with government denying gay marriage far more than the million other things government denies is beyond me, but I guess we let the progressives set the premises. But I digress.
So anyway, Maher runs a ridiculous hit piece against Rand.
But then somehow he thinks Hillary is good on foreign policy? Somehow he was relatively quiet on Obama's foreign policy even though Obama was almost as bad as Bush?
He's a partisan hack. There was a brief moment of redemption there for him with rand paul but he squandered it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maher actually voted for Trump

TL; DR. KYS faggot retard.

Maher is a biased kike but he doesn't seem as biased as other (((political commentators))). I think he even made fun of his own kind on some occasions.

He's naive or lying to himself. Hillary would have had the worst foreign policy of any president in US history besides Abraham Lincoln.
It's funny though, because, regarding Syria specifically, all the things we were worried Hillary was gonna do, Trump ended up doing. Now he's pulling back, which would never would have happened under Clinton, but still. And while the rest of the foreign policy matters would probably have been worse under Clinton, Trump isn't really doing much to even slow things down.

>Even though he's admittedly NOT a Libertarian
Yeah but I remember the dark days when Maher was still calling himself one because "DUDE WEED"
Brought in a lot of undesirables to the movement.

I don't think Maher ever really intended to vote for Rand Paul, honestly. I think he courted him so that when Rand screwed up a little, it would enable Maher to be able to smear him a lot more effectively. Maher saw that there was a lot of excitement for Rand Paul at a point, youth excitement in particular. He probably thinks the left is automatically entitled to the youth excitement. So that's why he wanted to try to squash it. And he played his part in killing excitement for Rand Paul, as did a bunch of drooling retards who call themselves Libertarians, but don't really have that good a grasp on what Libertarianism actually is.

This is exactly why he's propped up by the elite. He's there as a guard to keep people from leaving the left.
Bill Maher makes fun of leftist stuff that is so obviously bullshit to anyone but an unhinged Tumblrina. It costs him almost nothing politically, but because he makes fun of leftists on ultra retarded things, he gets to be seen as "Well this guy may be leftist but he's willing to make fun of his own when the occasion calls for it. He's reasonable, so that must mean the pro-leftist stuff he says that I was also starting to question is reasonable, too. Maher will show me when things on the left are going good and when things on the left are on rare occasion going nutty. He's a shining light in this insane world!".
But the stuff he makes fun of has no real consequence for him. He still has tremendous bias, he still pushes a lot of strawmen, and he still pushes a lot of dangerous ideas, etc. He will not EVER question more fundamental leftist positions that call for questioning because he is still very much a partisan hack.
In this sense, Bill Maher is actually worse than people like The Young Turks. People who watch the young Turks religiously don't have a chance of being saved anyway. People who watch Bill Maher may have had a chance but he keeps a lot of them from getting past the gates.
Fuck Bill Maher.

Maher's a kike.
Next question?

Ummmmmmm..... What?
I don't think even Bill Maher is that stupid.

Sounds like he doesn't know what right and left means in regards to political spectrum. I think he just likes whatever is "hip" and popular with the Hollywood crowd.

Trump sued Maher a couple of years back for making a joke about his dad and cost Maher several hundred thousands on legal fees before Trump dropped the lawsuit.

Maher legit HATES Trump

>autism intensifies

Even without the lawsuit though, Trump tribally irritated the PC left so hard for saying, really when you break it down, some rather tame stuff.
Trump's position on war is irrelevant, since Bill has clearly shown that partisan politics and tribal feels are more important to him than actual policy positions.

kek

>Trump's position on war is irrelevant, since Bill has clearly shown that partisan politics and tribal feels are more important to him than actual policy positions.
Spot on

This [spoiler]is a surprisingly good breakdown of Maher's function in globalist puppeteering strategy[/spoiler]

Bump to continue interesting bread