How come rap is so popular and not rock in western society?

How come rap is so popular and not rock in western society?
Is it because aging rockstars refuse to retire and make rock look like a genre for old people while most rappers are young and relatable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTkFWSCu_wk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sgy8PyMGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>rap
>Lyrics

>Rock
>Very long streams of screeching electric guitars
>Followed by
>YeeeeAAAAAAHHaaahaaaaaaAAAAA
>BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
>beat the shit out of drums, more screening so called guitar

>"at least rock musicians can play instruments!"
>strums 3 chords
>well documented cases where they trained niggers to do this and made millions of dollars

forced (((diversity)))

Rap is black poetry and made to seem like the new coolest thing by the (((music comapnies))) Rock, apart from the odd Jew is pretty much the white man's music.

because kikes promote rap for its degenerate effect on kids

>rap
>lyrics
>nigger Moët 40oz bling bling yeah niggah

>rock
>actually can play an instrument
>music that changed the world at Jewstock
You know the world is going to hell when rap is more popular than actual music

Because no one else is doing what Steel Panther does:
youtube.com/watch?v=wTkFWSCu_wk

Bingo.

D rose d rose d rose d rose yeeeeeeaahhh uuuuhhh

Lil pump

All those fucking traitors. There is no based rap...anyone who listens to this shit should just kys

If it's not on the top 40 it's not going to be spread as much. In this day and age the simple and easy to predict rhythms of pop and rap are king of the mainstream.
It takes a clear passion for the alternative and complex rhythms of metal. The "scene" is still going strong though. Warped tour was pretty fun this year. Not as many people are going as I remember though... And it's being withered by the liberal leanings that permeate all of the artistic environment.

> Rap
> lyrics

> choppin rocks nigga, in da club drink hennessey ma nigga, bling bangs my nigga, because we wuz kangs muh nigga

How will rock ever recover?

Make military rap a white music genre.
No jungle beat just military beat with mad lyrics.

Rap speaks more directly to the ego and millennials are suffering a narcissism epidemic courtesy of social media.

because rappers actually talk about cool shit on a good beat meanwhile "rockstars" are 70 year old grandpas screaming "HELL YEAH BABY ROCK AND ROLL TONIGHT YEAHHHHHH!!!!!" while slamming their face on their guitar as hard as possible.

>cool shit

I smoke that dank weed as I drink the 40 oz and I slap muh hoe UH. Mm that whitey girl get down low as she suck OKAY. I see Whitey boy in the grocery store, he nervously looks down in the presence of a kang who stole her girl.

"Waves"
(feat. Chris Brown)

Turn it up!

[Kanye West:]
Step up in this bitch like (turn it up!)
I'm the one your bitch like
Yeah I'm the one your bitch like
And I be talkin' shit like
I ain't scared to lose a fistfight
And she grabbin' on my dick like
She wanna see if it'll fit right
That's just the wave

[Chris Brown:]
Waves don't die
Let me crash here for the moment
I don't need to own it
No lie
Waves don't die, baby
Let me crash here for a moment
Baby I don't, I don't need to own...

[Kanye West:]
Sun don't shine in the shade (turn it up!)
Bird can't fly in a cage (turn it up!)
Even when somebody go away (turn it up!)
The feelings don't really go away
That's just the wave (yeah)

[Chris Brown:]
Waves don't die
Let me crash here for the moment
I don't need to own it
No lie
Waves don't die, baby
Let me crash here for a moment
Baby I don't, I don't need to own you

No lie
No lie
No lie
You set the night on fire
I'm still gon' be here in the morning
No lie

[Chris Brown & Theophilus London:]
No lie
Ooh baby, ooh baby
You set the night on fire
I'm still gon' be here in the morning
No lie
>this replaced stairway to heaven as what's considered good

Rock bands fill stadiums and arenas. Rappers not named Jay Z play at night clubs.

People with jobs and no felonies listen to rock, in its various genes. Rock musicians make their money on tour, because their fans are able and willing to pay to see them and enjoy the experience of listening to live music.

Rap is only more popular now because dindus and broke millennials can stream it for free on their phones. It's cheap, disposable garbage that people throw together with bootleg software on their Macbooks. Almost none of the rappers out today will have any sort of following in 5 years, while a good rock band will enjoy success for decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sgy8PyMGE

here's some contemporary Auscore rock

How old are you?

Music is a tool the CIA use to mind control you for the Jews.

live shows are for druggie niggers and it keeps them from writing new music. it's literally the most blue pilled musical indulgence.

>repetitive, consumerist, white music glorifying drug, satanism, and liberalistic moral degeneracy calling out hyper repetitive, materialistic black music glorifying drug use, gang violence, and hedonistic moral degeneracy

This.

I never pass up the opportunity to see live rock concerts. Sounds so much better live in person. I have been and seen rappers live and it's shit in my opinion.

This is coming from someone who appreciates both rock and rap music.

Nirvana killed rock and roll, and what it means to be a rock star. So, niggers stood up and filled the bad boy void.

Yeah man rock n roll is booming right now!

How did they kill it? Nirvana is the only rock band that isnt vomit inducing to listen to

t. virgin in moms basement

>all des mad wite bois in dis thread

WE AMERICA NOW. HAHA

No we did it to ourselves

bitch, you ain't no fucking rabbi. dem joos got you wite bois by yo dick, mayne

>How come rap is so popular and not rock in western society?

>Is it because aging rockstars refuse to retire and make rock look like a genre for old people while most rappers are young and relatable?

That's also true for rappers.

rock fans only want to see old bands. thats the problem because old bands dont have the stamina to do tours often. and rock fans are stubborn faggots who absolutely hate anything that is new

>song starts playing
>white woman sings about sucking dicks/fucking
>verse 1
>chorus
>verse 2
>chorus
>beat slows down and changes to ape beat
>AYO HOL UHHHH AY AY AYO AY AY AY
>UHHHH
>MUHFUGGA
>BRABADAPAP
>UHHHHHHHHHH
>SHIIIIEEEEEEETTT NIGGA
>UHHH
>UUUHHHHHH-HUHHHHHHHHHHHH
>AYO AYO AYO

Confirmed, rap just does not translate to live music. You can really tell how talentless most of these guys are when all the producers arent there to make their shit remotely listenable.

Warped tour is for degenerate sk8er faggots

Both are mostly degenerate shit. I listen to the good from both. However, electronic music is the new classical. The grand composers of the future will be producers/djs.

Something you can only aspire to be ya booger eating bigger midget

T. Producer and rapper

People like to dance. Women like to dance. You can't dance to rock, and the rock we have now is just noise.
Crossover country stars are the closest thing to accessible white popular music now.

They rap too :)

Because it's EDM with a vocal performance. Have you totally missed what your generation listens to?

>How come rap is so popular and not rock

Hint: one requires you to learn to play an instrument, the other is about re-arranging 3 second clips of other people's music.

It's actually pretty weird that rap is broadly popular, since it's so culturally specific and requires a native level understanding of English.