Why do liberals only express their lives through Harry Potter or Star Wars but not Lord of the Rings?

Why do liberals only express their lives through Harry Potter or Star Wars but not Lord of the Rings?

Because LOTR is 100% pure grade A traditionalism. Also, Orc Meme thread

Lord of the Rings has a lot less leftist undertones about it.

No niggers in middle earth

LOTR is too nuanced for them to corrupt. The great evil is faceless, and corrupts the lineage of men and elves. It's tricky and wars a coat of many colors. It speaks what would be wisdom if not for the warning in your heart.

It's just too fucking good. Probably too dense for them to bother reading too. It's written at above a 5th grade level.

Last epic european folk/legend/mythologicalheritage film...
donĀ“t expect nothing like that coming in the next years bro's... apreciate it and watch it again.

A mythos completely predicated on Christianity doesn't cater to them.

>Rohanian
>not Rohirrim
REEEEEEEE

I truly hope they will never remake the Lord of the Rings.
>all kings of MEN are white
good luck with that in the remake

And that's not to say the concepts themselves are too nuanced. It's that you can't pin an ideology onto it. For every analogy in it there's another tale with an opposite or deviating message. It's too close to a real world and not dumbed down enough to fit one world view.

>"He hates and loves the Ring, as he hates and loves himself. He will never be rid of his need for it." (Gandalf about Gollum)

>"It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had a chance!" (Frodo)

>"Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Imagine trying to convey such beauty to these plebeians.

Is it because it's too dark for them? The darkest thing about Harry Potter is a forbidden spell that kills people.

cuz LotR is too complex for them

It's because it's not diverse. Like I said before, black people do not exist in lord of the rings

>Orcs are manleys

I think it's more the difference between someone going "I'm such a nerd I played fallout 4 for 2 hours straight last night!" vs a group of nerds playing DND for an entire weekend. Normies can appreciate dark stories, but they can't let it actually effect their mental state, or opinions.

All the good guys are white people. All the bad people are greedy jew like whites and darkies.

This.

>tfw sam drowning just to keep his promise to his friend

>Khand and Harad

Nah fuck that nigga! PUNCH A NAZI!

It's like those brain memes where the surface layer is what they consider to be wisdom, but the deeper thoughts are the stupid ones. A pretty common theme among "intellectuals" that I've noticed is that the truth floats to the top. That occoms razor applies to morality.

The science is settled.

for gondor!

we waz nazguls n shit

kek

These dindu orc memes are so lame

>t. Shagrat

Tolkien was libertarian as well.

only black Uruks from Mordor

kek'd heartily

>no niggers in ME
>ME is full of orcs and uruks
You must be a communist.

there's a link called "pipeweed". RIP my sides.

To indoctrinate children more.

You actually need IQ 70+ to understand LOTR

Tolkien was a staunch conservative who, along with his wife, often "lambasted the iniquities of the Labour Party" according to John Garth's Tolkien and the Great War. There are no leftist undertones in his work. The themes of LOTR are addiction to power, commitment to one's duty in the face of assured death, loyalty, freedom, pluralistic alliances vs. totalitarianism, anti-industrialization, and an appreciation of how the extraordinary courage of ordinary people ends up carrying the fates of entire nations, even the world.

None of these themes can be found in Harry Potter which is pretty much just about "love always wins

Well there's a Death Cult that has zero qualms about torture and killing children. Once the arc on Voldermort began to unfold, things got pretty twisted.

Any heroic story, from antiquity to modern teen-fiction, resonates with the soul of any person, because we all can relate to a hero figure that goes through great physical or spiritual challenges to reach a more richer state of existence. This need for hero stories in society is explained by Joseph Campbell's Mono-myth theory and comparative mythological research.

Lord of the Rings is a testament to the virtues of European humanity. Luckily the films are so perfect that they can't possibly be remade, and any attempt to remake them would be futile. Maybe they'll do a reboot starting John Boyega since he was complaining that the movie isn't diverse enough. To answer your question, LOTR isnt as popular with the left as other franchises like Star Wars and Harry Potter. It's also devoid of politically correct nonsense that other franchises are full of now

>implying sam and frodo are not gay lovers
>implying mordor isn't a metaphor for US imperialism
>implying the eagles are not a metaphor for the US and their contribution during WW2
>implying aragon isn't a prime example how race mixing creates superior beings

>enemies of the free peoples of middle earth.

Makes sense.

>Maybe they'll do a reboot starting John Boyega since he was complaining that the movie isn't diverse enough.
That sounds crazy enough to be true desu senpai.

LOTR is an explicitly reactionary monarchist fable

Liberals are utterly terrified of the possibility of those concepts and ideas actually attracting them

The fucking elephant riders who sent soldiers to kill the free men of Gondor? Actually, that's a good point too.