Survival tips and tricks

Reminder: when shit hits the fan paper losses all value so deposit Gold bars and put them hidden behind wall or somewhere save, as gold will always have value. Also for yourself you should start lifting (or find manual labour job like storage) for gainz, start trainining a bit for a fight (MMA preferable), learn how to use Knife, survive outdoors and have a gun. (Try out Arma or some zombie survival game).
Make your bunker somewhere isolated and here is list of things you should get
- Water Cleaner
- Gas mask
- A boat
- Inflatable boat
- Red anti fire thing
- HONEY (This one is important you will need food, and Honey never rots it can last forever)
- Spray or marker
- Calendar
- Local map or map in General
- Hammer, Nails and working stuff
- First aid
If anyone wants to add something go ahead

Other urls found in this thread:

preparednessadvice.com/fire-prevention-2/30-year-old-dry-chemical-fire-extinguisher-still-works/
archive.is/HoEV1
youtube.com/user/Moscowprepper/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If shtf, I'll just an hero

Char coal (stuff from campfires, not the toxic store bought stuff) can be used to help filter water before you boil it. Tampons can be used to plug gunshot wounds. Read up on inedible wildlife in your area. Most stuff is edible, you just have to know what isn't. Guns will only be so useful. Stock up on canned food, drinking water, and basic things that'll make life less shit like soap, clean underwear and socks, bandaids, etc. If you get cuts, scrapes, or burns while you're living outdoors, be sure to leave them out in the open at least a few hours a day. You get worse infections by leaving it covered up. Buy a surgical grade needle and suture because the stuff you use to reattach buttons to your shirts is not going to work well at all. That needle has to be extremely sharp because it's not going to be fun trying you close your own wounds with something dull, and human flesh is thicker and tougher than you think. The best survival tool that you could ever have is a fixed blade hunting knife. Get one that's full tang and made of good quality steel or else it will break. Do not cheap out on this. You should carry multiple knives (one in your bag, one at your side, one in your boot, and one in your vehicle if you have one). You should also buy one of those hatchets that doubles as a hammer. A wind proof lighter will make life a lot easier. I recommend a Zippo, and put the fluid can in your backpack too.

>Gold

I have never understood this. If SHTF what the fuck am I going to do with gold?

It's a tradable commodity that never loses value. In theory you can use it to barter for things. Honestly I'd just make moonshine and trade that, it easy to do and cost effective.

Previous bread

You'd be better off buying silver. It's more useful in the manufacturing of electronics and so the price will only rise in the coming years. It's not at all practical if everything goes to shit. Nobody is going to want it. They'll trade things like food and ammunition that are actually useful.

>I'd just make moonshine
Just never consume it yourself, especially not as painkiller if you're wounded. Alcohol is a blood thinner and you'd probably end up bleeding out and dying. It's best to just never consume that stuff.

petroleum jelly. the jelly has quite a few uses from starting fires, wound treatment, lubricant

You could hoard .22lr and 9mm ammunition and use it as currency as well.

If shit does in fact hit the fan the majority of people will be concentrated on acquiring goods and supplies but have no plan for what they are goign to do once they have these things. Having a general plan for diffrent scenarios is just as important as having material items. It doesn't need to be a specific plan with all the details hashed out, just simple things like where you're going if you need to relocate, who you're going with, how you're getting there. As weird as it also may be at the time, discuss this plan with the people that it involves every once in a while because things will be much more smooth if all relevant parties know about the plan. What this lets you do is skip the panic and bad descision making that comes with it.

Honestly Bullets and Platinum / titanium would be more useless. It's rare and can still be used to create clean medical instruments or other items.

Doomsday prepping is the best hobby to persue and pass down to your family.

Nice pic op.

Wish i had that extra income and licences.

>I won't make it.

And what can you do with a bar of gold? Eat it? Shove it up your ass?

There is NO reason to go into precious metals unless you have
-a retreat property more than 300 miles from any metropolitan area
-5+ years of stored food for your entire group
-6+ able bodies adults to meet you there
-the knowledge and skills to keep said property going

The only thing you're going to use gold for is to trade for the above things, and they'll be more expensive after a collapse. In general, ammo's going to be a far superior barter medium, anyway.

Also what do you even mean by "water cleaner?"

Gas mask is fine but almost entirely irrelevant for long-term survival. If you're trapped in the city, then maybe, but you're going to die either way if that's the case.

Use it as bait.

don't know what kind of prepping you're doing but prepping should be based off what your plans are for particular scenarios. if you're going to hoof it to the hills, it makes no sense prepping with a boat.

>start trainining a bit for a fight (MMA preferable)
Retarded.
> (Try out Arma or some zombie survival game).
Retarded.
>Red anti fire thing
A fire hydrant?
>working stuff
You mean tools? You fucking retard.

>Just never consume it yourself
But I already do. The risk of going blind comes from the distilling process, depending on the size of the run you're doing the first bit of liquid that comes out before the heads is the foreshots. It is methanol instead of the desired ethanol, you can't drink it but it makes great weed killer. Moonshine is really just unaged whiskey that that is a mostly corn mash if done correctly. Some guys use regular sugar to cut costs but the product is generally of lower quality.

Everyone should be ready for at least a small SHTF. Look at the old news in your area and get ready for bad shit that has happened there in the past.

I think he means a fire extinguisher.

Not that they will last very long without the equipment to maintain them. Dry Chem extinguishers require maintenance every 6 years. Meaning they have to be emptied, and refilled every 6 years.

But if you're going to want one, you're way better off getting a Co2 extinguisher, or just bottles of Co2. There are less things that can go wrong with Co2, and have the bonus of being able to cool down a 6pk is a few seconds. There are many other applications for Co2 that would be much more beneficial than an ABC dry Chem extinguisher. You could also just get a water extinguisher, since they're easily refillable, and can be pressurized with a bicycle tire pump. But the water extinguisher will put out less types of fire than an ABC, or Co2 extinguisher. But has the bonus of being a really excellent squirt gun. Also useful for watering plants and whatnot.

t. Ex life safety technician.

I think the idea is to hold on to it through the bad times, and when civilization has settled down again you trade it in for money

>petroleum jelly. the jelly has quite a few uses from starting fires
I've tried this and all the jelly did was melt, not catch fire.
>lubricant
It is good for fapping if your dick was jewed.

SINGTHTF

I have seen 50 year old dry chem extinguishers that still work fine as long as they have never been used. Shake them once a decade and be sure they pressure gauge still reads full. Unless they leak or are damaged they really never get old. The 6 year thing mostly keeps the fire extinguisher shops in business.

preparednessadvice.com/fire-prevention-2/30-year-old-dry-chemical-fire-extinguisher-still-works/

archive.is/HoEV1

No idiot

Buy batteries, toilet paper , torches, lighters, propane, cheap waterproofs and alcohol for trade. Jerky and flour maybe too.

You're right. I still don't like the idea of one not working when you may really need it. I still think Co2 is a better option.

Some others are talking about fire starters. I have had great luck with melting candle wax, then mixing in old dryer lint. You let it harden, and bag it up. They make starting a fire very easy, and cost almost nothing to make.

You forgot the Starbucks frappuccino

toilet paper > gold

Mix your shit with the pellets in your shotgun shells to ensure that whoever you shoot with it ends up dead.

Smaller

maybe ammo for the gun? massive fail leaf. you can use ammo as currency as well.

You are absolutely retarded if you think gold would be worth anything.

Commodities would be the only things with any intrinsic value.

Aren't you supposed to piss around the base of the container?

I use Vaseline and cotton balls to start my grill all the time. 91% alcohol and cotton balls work well also.

my 9th grade english teacher told me how to make a solar still

You would have to make an awful lot of moonshine to replace one ounce of post apocalyptic gold. Lol!

Also you need lots of seeds.

you can in a large container around the smaller one in desert situations

In a post apocalyptic world I would laugh in your face if you came bartering with gold.

I would just grow weed. Everyone loves weed (for the most part), and unlike a moonshine still, there is almost zero chance of poisoning yourself or exploding and killing/disfiguring you.

Look, a fucking leaf! That has to be the worst survival list I've seen. Stop trying to stir up the Americans who have been fear mongered by this board, Alex Jones, ZeroHedge, the church, and all the schizo's on youtube.

I will tell you the two real biggest mistakes "preppers" make.

1. Not actually testing your SHTF stuff. Take a weekend or just a Sunday and grab your stuff and try and survive overnight with it. Then you will really learn what you need and what works.

2. SHTF will not occur on July 29th. Much more likely December 29th... Prepare to have to do your thing in the worst weather not the best. It's always fun to get a prepper buddy to try and survive in his backyard when it is -20F and snowing. You time them with a stop watch before they have to come back crawling back inside....

Lighters
Toilet Paper
Antibiotics (fish and pet variety)
Thousands of rounds of ammunition
Guns
Water Filters
As many gallons of stockpiled water as you can get
Generator
Solar Charger
Handheld radios (Baofeng or similar)
Gasoline (stabilized)
Alcohol (drinkable and burnable, also good for sterilization)
Dried foods, MREs, Mountain House, etc.
Flashlights
Batteries of all kinds + chargers
Rope / Paracord
Tarps / Rainflies
Good Backpack
Wool clothing
Blankets
Knives + Whetstone
Tools of any sort
Axe / Hatchet
Saw
More rope (you can't have enough)
Magnifying fresnel lens (for fire starting)
Headlamp flashlight
Water purification tablets
Good boots
Work gloves + Insulated gloves
Wool cap
Waterproof Poncho
Multitool (leatherman or similar)
First aid kits
Zip ties
Tent, sleeping pads, other camping gear

The sun only rises in the east and sets in the west for two days a year (equinoxes). Therefore how can this method find "true" north?

>no mention of water reserves
>only food mention is fucking honey
>no mention of bleach
>no mention of disposable dishes/forks/knives
>no mention of plastic bags
>no mention of a way to take a shit if there's no running water
>muh guns/gas mask/boats
Underage LARPer

What do you mean trapped in the city? Why would I be trapped.?

I've taken my bugout bag camping a few times, and I ALWAYS find a fatal flaw in it. Too much I don't need, and not enough of what I need. Every time, there's something wrong with it. I keep modifying it to try and make it better. You really do need to practice with it, and be willing to use up your stockpiles and replace what you've used.

And yes, plan for -20ยบ so you don't freeze to death when you've got to hit the road out of town. I actually keep winter clothing set aside by my bugout bag just in case. I even have an all-weather tent ready to go too. It's a mountaineering tent I inherited from a mountain climber. I've used it a few times, but it smells like absolute hell.

Anyway, the point is USE YOUR GEAR and learn your weaknesses so you can correct for them.

Do NOT try DayZ standalone.

Of course, OP does not have enough supplies...
:D

Here are some real survival tips: Do not have too much of anything on you so you don't draw attention. Also weapons are to be avoided, not hoarded and brandished. Reality is not Hollywood. Have no military gear visible, as that makes you a combatant and a legit target.
Also your list is literally Hollywood-tier. I'm not kidding.

Gold is a meme. Silver will always have value for combat purposes, but you should invest mostly in brass and lead.

I guess it assumes you know the hemisphere and season. It's going to rise easterly anyway, even if it's not due east. Maybe it won't find true north but it will find north.

I'm stockpiling whiskey, cigarettes, chocolate, and weed, so I can profit from degenerates after the fall.

>wasting all that edible fish

Same. Demerit goods will buy my survival when Great Shitain finally goes A Clockwork Orange.

Get a high powered pellet gun for small game. You don't want to alert 50 people every time you pull the trigger on a gunpowdered gun.

>liquor
Absolutely this.
Liquor can be used as a disinfectant and can also be used as a tincture base for herbal concoctions. If the proof is high enough, you can use it as a fuel source for lanterns and fires.

I'd really recommend a 10/22 takedown or a Kel-tec Sub2k if you're going to hit the road with a bunch of refugees, or walking out in the open. You can fold the sub2k in half and put it in a bag, yet it's easily deployed when you need it. You can also break down an AR15 and hide it in a duffel bag. Keep your sidearm concealed and try to look like everyone else. It's been said a million times, but the guy who leaves his house in full tacticool gear is going to get shot quickly. If you looks confused and panicked and unprepared just like everyone else, you won't stand out.

But if you're hoofing it, you'll probably really wish you'd packed 1k .22lr rounds and a 10/22 takedown. Concealable, lightweight, and the ammo is the lightest you're going to get. Then have 100-200 9mm rounds in your bag for your sidearm, and keep 4-5 full magazines on your person. That way you're ready for a fight if one breaks out, but you don't look like it.

I'd be really wary about having anything on me that looks like I'm 'prepped'. I'd try to look like a typical urbanite with a medium sized bag and normal-ish clothing.

Seriously ... cheap vodka would be a hot commodity. Stock up on yeast & honey, too. Honey *never* goes bad. It's a great energy food source, and you can also make your own Mead. Hell, bee-keeping would come in useful *now*, with the honey bee die-off that's happening.

>I would just grow weed.
In a lot of places there is hemp that will pollinate and produce seeds, not good for smoking quality. The seeds are good food though. Even a mediocre plant could be processed into extract edibles, if you had the moonshine too.

I'm considering printing all these guides out so I have them in the case of full power outages

>Don't hoarding weapons so you can kill shitskins

Fucking leaf

Better to stock decent coins. Gold bars works for big purchases, coins for common items like a loaf of bread.

>Stop trying to stir up the Americans who have been fear mongered by this board
Argument could be made that prepping for most people is a survival fantasy, and most of them would be quickly, or slowly and nastily dead. So prepping is at least somewhat optimistic, unless it distracts you from doing things that would have tangible benefit now and (no apocalypse)later.

For the record, if shtf, I'm hunkering down. I'm not bugging-out. I'm fully equipped right here on my land. I'm not trying to go looking to avoid trouble. If trouble finds me, they're going to wish they hadn't.

first rule about getting in a shoot out

dont get in a shoot out

never play fair and never get into anything you cant dominate

there is always tomorrow

Nice blog, where do I subscribe?

Just stock on medical supplies, its much more valuable than gold. The fact that FIAT money has gone to shitter means things are fucked completely

Doesn't filter bacteria, you dip fuck. That just for non dirty water.

>10/22 takedown or a Kel-tec Sub2k
Let's be real here, most don't have access to such fancy guns. It's mostly old hunting rifles and some wartime legacy automatics that would be used the most.

>as gold will always have value.

Food and water are far more valuable.

So is soap and toilet paper.

I'm a faithfull follower of Brother John Burch. And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church.
All you got to do is send Ten dollars to the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus Located in Los Angeles, California And next week they'd say your prayer on the radio, And all your dreams would come true.

Get a pellet gun from Walmart.

I stock-up on both. I saved leftover slivers of soap, to make more later if need be.

Oh look it's gonna HABBEDIN again.better grab sks and go innawoods for the 12th thousand time lel

This is the fucking LARPer faggot from earlier, eh?

Fucking shitty slide thread with bullshit info. Saged, reported and hidden.

This link, even. Had to dig through my history to find that piece of shit thread.

Fuck off, shill

This Russian youtuber is pretty awesome. He actually does stuff and has a lot of good simple advice. He is also not an obnoxious prick like most youtube preppers are.

youtube.com/user/Moscowprepper/videos

bullets would be more uselsess.

OY BIN THAT NIFE

Judging by the screws in the stock and pistol grip I'm almost certain that "AK" at the top is an airshit gun.