Ending the drug problem

our current policy isn't working.
>copious amounts of drugs are coming across the border every day and we aren't doing anything about it
>people are being thrown in jail with violent offenders and rapist over simple possession of marijuana
>people with serious drug addictions are being allowed to languish in an alleyway with a needle in their arm instead of getting the help they need
the drug war failed.
and instead of accepting this and changing our strategy, we are instead allowing this degeneracy to proliferate.

the way to fix this is
>institute a policy of involuntary rehabilitation.
where anyone arrested for drug related crimes are sent to rehab to get help and reintegrate into society instead of thrown in a cage to fuck tyrone and bubba for their fix for the next several years. it will be far more cost effective and could even lead to lower taxes and job growth
>decriminalize and reclassify drugs.
people should not be punished for smoking pot or even taking a tab of acid, people are going to do this whether its illegal or not and its as harmless as smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. as far as diving on theses substances or doing it in public, we already have laws against this for drunk driving or drinking in public we can simply expand on this.
as far as hard drugs like heroin , see the above. this will also lower the bar for voluntary
>tighten border security and punish dealers/ manufacturers
our porous border combined with our "catch and release" approach to drugs aren't stopping drugs from coming into the country.
we should tighten security and punish drug dealers to the fullest extent of the law. this will stop money from flowing out of the country and funding terrorism and crime.

yes, killing all drug users and dealers will lower the crime rate, but this will also end thousands of lives and make the government seem even more butcherous. you may even see more riots and anti government sentiments that go deeper than just antifa.

argue against this

Just legalize everything the junkies will od themselves

The only drug problem is that I'm out of them at the moment

Find countries where there isn't a drug problem and see why, like Japan. Doing drugs in Japan is considered scumbag behavior, it isn't glorified like it is in the west.

Otherwise this legalize and tax that shit, put the money into paying for the most elite students to get the best Ivy League education possible and fund their research grants. Let the junkies pay for it with their lives and money. Educate every kid that doing drugs is degenerate like they do in Asia. Venerate successful people and not junky scum.

why do people use drugs when their effects are so fleeting?
I could understand it if the effects lasted six months or something
Do they think they're cool?
Are they feeble minded, easily influenced .. what?
If idiots would quit drugs or better still, just not begin with drugs
problem solved

how true is what i've heard about canadians? apparently people are struggeling to find people working for them so they take everything they can get, if atleast they aren't showing up all drugged up on their interview

is that true? also the thing with the asians and their driver license?

I'm with you
and they can take the tatts crowd with them
Eugenics better come quick

>institute a policy of involuntary rehabilitation.
>decriminalize and reclassify drugs
>tighten border security and punish dealers/ manufacturers

And our government will never do anything of those things because that would actually fix the problem and that can't be allowed to happen.

>Educate every kid that doing drugs is degenerate like they do in Asia

How fucking old are you? We tried that with DARE. Luckily kids grew up and realized illegal drugs aren't any worse than the cigarettes and booze their parents were guzzling down.

>six months
Why the fuck would you want any drug effect to last six months? The whole point of drugs is you can control to some extent when to let them alter your consciousness. Having them last more than a few hours at a time would be like wanting a TV where there isn't any way to change the channel until after your first six months of watching.

Big if true

I live in Quebec there's no asians here, only retarded west africans. Low paying jobs are always struggling to get good people to stay, they come and go. Nothing special about that. The only people struggling to get employees are farmers. They have to hire temp south americans because nobody went to bend all day under the sun in a field.

Damn I wish I had some cock on me right about now

Life is fleeting. Nothing lasts forever.

DARE was a joke, token attempt.

You should see how school works in Taiwan or Japan. This is fucking drilled into you every single day that it's dishonabru to get on drugs and humiliate your family by being a degenerate. The police take a zero tolerance approach too and will lock you up for 5 years on a first offense. That's not 5 years in a private run prison where you just continue your criminal behavior, that's 5 years of sleeping on a tatami mat on a concrete floor with no heat, doing forced labor until you understand how your actions destroy the community and have shamed your family.

And yet countries like South Korea and Japan have obscene tobacco use, Why is that okay, but other drugs aren't? As awful as heroin is, at least it won't give you cancer.

Think Brazil has/had a mandatory rehabilitation, mainly in the favellas in Rio. Don't know if they stopped it after the Olympics though since it may have been an attempt to clean up their imagine infront of the world media and tourists.

Tobacco doesn't fuck your mind and make you do robberies to get another pack of ciggies

The drug war failed because it hasn't been a war at all. All we've done is throw them in jail where they get out and do it again after a couple years. Look at Asia, some of those countries hang you if you have drugs and those countries are the safest in the world.

What we need to do is 1) shoot all the drug dealers locally, and 2) bulldoze everything from the Rio Grande to the Orinoco, having no mercy for dealers and cartels we find along the way.

Reminder that Duterte is right.

>Tobacco doesn't fuck your mind

You've clearly never seen someone jonesing for a cigarette. Tobacco is more addictive than most drugs. Some studies have shown kicking nicotine is harder than cocaine and even heroin.

They are cracking down on that now too, and it's been effective. There is literally anti smoking patrols in Kyoto prefecture in areas declared zero tolerance for smoking tobacco.

Even China is starting to crackdown on tobacco, and alcohol abuse. However as other user said, there's no such thing as Cracklandia open ghettos full of obscene crimes and desperation from smoking tobacco like there is smoking crack and meth.

No, but there are hospitals filled with people that have COPD and emphysema. Then of course a smaller, but much more devastating, amount of people that have metastatic lung cancer.

Don't even get me started on alcohol.

Kill them all, worked for pinochet