I recently inherited some farm land from my grand parents. I'm a NEET and keep having dreams of living in a big house...

I recently inherited some farm land from my grand parents. I'm a NEET and keep having dreams of living in a big house, and waking up each morning to do farm shit.

But I don't have any clue on what to do.

I also dream of this house having fellow pol users live there too.

A lot of you guys are real smart and shit, and I can't but help that maybe we could all help each other out.

Right now, I for sure need some people who could tell me what I will need and what to do in order to have a sustainable farm.

I have inheritance money so I won't have a problem buying tools and everything.

I think this could be really therapeutic for all of us and a chance to escape our prisons.

I know some will say that I'm pushing some sort of commune horse shit, but think about it guys.

Do you really want to be 30 years old doing the same shit everyday, shitposting on the web?

Wouldn't be nice to wake up each morning with purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

extension.oregonstate.edu/sorec/sites/default/files/Sustainable_Farming.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nuNUTTFYArY
youtube.com/watch?v=GUdnrtnjT5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can i fuck the horse

>Police find 30 dead in rural farmhouse
>swastikas daubed on walls in blood

Fpbp /thread

Holy Shit you are super lucky. Will you have access to electricity and internet?

after I'm done with it

extension.oregonstate.edu/sorec/sites/default/files/Sustainable_Farming.pdf

You realize people actually go to school for this kind of stuff, right?

No thanks FBI

I got tools, a truck, and a WASP work ethic.

>demi-niggers complain about nigger-niggers :neet farm survival edition
Nice Reddit spacing C.I.A.

Nobody will buy your cucumbers once they know your white nationalist.

Resi please

I'm an (industrial) engineer and I have decent knowledge of carpentry, tool-making and agriculture. Maybe I can be of help?

We need a hierarchical organization and of course some casual pussy from time to time, I don't want to recur to animals or fag shit

You need some outbuildings: barns, stables etc. But you can start small with something like a chicken coop -- any appropriately-sized structure with roosts inside will do -- collect about nine hens and a rooster, and you can practice feeding them. Give them a fenced-in run if you want to keep them away from the house. Collect the eggs every day and kill the odd one now and again for a meal (this is difficult at first but gets easier). You can also buy an incubator and hatch your own chicks from the fertilized eggs. Poultry is probably the best way to ease yourself into raising animals.

NO! There will be none of that!

In fact, will have a voting process, if you start slacking off and not pulling your weight - you have to go back. If you’re trying to fuck the horse, you have to go back.

Oh god, no.

There's not even a house or barn. But surely, that kind of stuff could be built using a 3d printer. Hell, I'm sure there are pdf books on how to do this shit.

Oh shit, thanks for the link!!!

No I'm being srs.

This is exactly the kind of person I'm looking for.

C'mon guys this what Thomas Jefferson envisioned for America.

You obviously don't live in the sticks -- nobody out here gives a shit about your right-wing views, and for many people it'd be a definite point in your favour

>that kind of stuff could be built using a 3d printer

A barn? Is this a troll? Get a rural carpenter.

where is the farm?

All people are welcome, but preferably right leaning people. I don't want any sort "Did you just assume my gender" kind of bs.

Yes! I agree, there definitely will have to be some sort of hierarchical structure... Because if you can honestly do what you said... You're at the top already. But being at the bottom wouldn't be bad either. You would be free from your prison and wake up each mornign with purpose.

Arbeit macht frei

what's the location? The only way a single person is going to earn a living farming is by making some sort of premium goods, like wine, cheese, truffle farming or black angus.

>he doesnt print his own barn

There's a fine line between some rural pollacks running a peaceful farming community and a cult compound. Also we would have to be heavily armed, which would seal the violent cult image. I wish one of these pol colonies would actually work out though.

90 percent of pollacks aren't even worth taking the time to talk to, let alone living with

Oh yeah I would never participate, it would be fascinating to observe though

LOL at 3d printer! Have a look at any or all of the "Foxfire" books. Those things are a freaking goldmine of knowledge, like suddenly having a thousand awesome grandparents who know a ton of useful stuff. Seconding what that user said about your state extension service, too, loads of useful freebies that will be just what you're looking for.

Blueberries are very profitable if you have shitty acidic soil like i do.

Some guy online says, " Come live on my farm with me! ".
You see THIS is the kind of thing you don't do. Ever. Have you mother fuckers SEEN R rated movies?

I'm saving up for land for this express purpose and I'm running into the same problems

>who would my neighbors be?
>would they like me?
>would I be able to get help if I'm wrong about this being something I can jump into?
>would a real estate agent care about what my plans are?

where is your plot OP

See this exactly the kind of person I need too!

You and the Argentine sound like you know what's up.

Starting small is fine too, and definitely could not go wrong with chickens. I'm one of those people who can eat the same thing everyday.

That's true, too many people would try to fuck with us if word got out, and it was bunch of presumed nazi's running a farm. Regardless, we would need to be able to defend ourselves.

>ITT: landless faggots
how do you not own land yet?
In the 16-1700's you wouldn't be allowed to vote!
Fuck the precious metals, trade it in and buy the lands.

I have long dreamed about turning my farm into a Sup Forums training camp but my internet is just too slow.

Eh it shouldnt be to hard to find gardening tutorials on the interwebz. Composting is very important, and chickens are great animals very low maintenance can give good source of protein with eggs and you can breed them pretty easily. Also make designated fields for different crops and rotate them yearly leaving one fallow

Go to community college and take some farming classes. You should be able to find a place that offers them. They'll teach you crop rotation, what crops give what nutrients to the soil, seasonal harvests, animal husbandry, etc.

It should be relatively cheap, and you can apply what you learn to the farm as you learn it.

>You realize people actually go to school for this kind of stuff, right?

No, they go to school to get paid to talk and write about doing it. The people who do it just do it.

thats why you bring a gun idiot

sounds like how a lonely guy trades room and board for creeper sex
>i like it

you get taxed for owning land

rabbits are a good source of fat-less protein as well and they reproduce like somalis, but beware the protein poisoning aka rabbit starvation

lasagna gardening in bed-raised crops is the best way to produce in infertile lands
youtube.com/watch?v=nuNUTTFYArY

on the other hand, get a bunch of hounds, they're always useful. Farmland assaults use to be very violent since they involve several felons and they stay several days inside the house, many times torturing the owners. I tell you by experience. Get armed

JONESTOWN 2.0

>Have you mother fuckers SEEN R rated movies?
no, are they any good?

A.)what's rent like?
B.) can I smoke inside? (Cigs and weed)

Thank-you!!!

Yes! I find myself asking the very same questions, I just said fuck it and thought I'd throw this all out here and see what kind of responses I would get.

The plot is in Montana.

No that's a load of crap.

also what state are you in numbnuts

then you realize its just fucking hard work that leaves you tired and drained once youre done. fuck that, ill take the life of a 16yo on summer break any day

>The plot is in Montana.
Nice i went out to pan gold around bozeman area a couple of years ago absolutely beautiful country you are a lucky man

get educated kid
youtube.com/watch?v=GUdnrtnjT5Q

>The plot is in Montana
oh man enjoy your winters m8

I'm buying in Cali

wouldn't it be nice if there was like a global network of Sup Forums landowning communities where we can travel to and work or use as vacation or share info

I think that would be nice

maybe tomorrow
checked

>Double spacing
>Copypasta tier story that's been posted before

You've got 3 seconds to turn back and go back where you came from, redditfaggot

I be that smells like a melting tire fire on the interior, nasty metled plastic for walls for christ sake

I agree, it sounds like school would be a good idea, to get at least some sort of foundational knowledge. Hell, I'm sure there are a shit load of youtube videos out there that talk about all that stuff.

Oh yeah, another thing, I would be hesitant about drugs and alcohol, only because if you don't have any self control and working stoned or drunk on the job or acting crazy... You have to go back.

But I don't see how a nice smoke or a few beers would be bad after a hard day of work.

>some people who could tell me what I will need and what to do in order to have a sustainable farm.

The core thing I recommend is that you get a degree in the area of ag/ hort if you want to do anything meaningful. Hey Bro - I have a masters in Horticulture - the shit I learnt there astounded me. Now I can get any plant to grow, can identify soil properties in multiple dimensions, can see how systems inter-operate etc etc. Don't do any farming without proper education as otherwise you will be wasting your time.

sup cali bro, thinking of forming a collective on a plot in cali. any place youre looking in particular?

>I'm buying in Cali
Hahahaha enjoy living amongst the scum of the earth and paying out the ass for everything

the u.s department of agriculture has info for new farmers. you can probably just go to the web site now days. i believe they will give you instructions on testing the soils ph what grows in what ph soil how often you may need to supplement some agricultural plants water ect

i hear tobacco is doing well internationally. since you wont be growing coffee its a good alternative

keep butthurt svensack

You're totally heading for the "30 dead in rural farmhouse, swastikas daubed on walls in blood" scenario.

Just give up and die before you take others with you.

No one wanys to go to ur Ram Ranch to get fucked in the showers.

truckee, we're harvesting snow here

>do you really want to be a 30yr-old doing the same shit everyday
Dude you do pretty much the same shit everyday on a farm.
T. dairy farmer.

Get soil sample... send to local state uni with $15. They will tell you how much of what fertilizer and ph to grow anything you want. Talk to oldfags in the area and they will tell you time-tested practices. Is easy, just don't get into debt buying supplies in the spring and you'll profit.

haha, word I bet the yields are excellent
have friends in nevada city, definitely interested in relocating out there

unironically play farm simulator. It will teach you.

I've been window shopping online for a while and it seems like northeast of Fresno is a pretty great region for buying but then you're close to Fresno. ideally I'd go somewhere closer to slo but it gets expensive there

i wouldn't discount this necessarily but high altitude makes growing many things difficult iirc

pics of the plot? how big of you don't mind my asking

>what to do with a farm that I has no idea how to run
Options:
1) sell the thing and use the money to invest in passive income OR
2) get somebody to help you teach you to run the thing

Those are your practical options.

My advice to you is
1) trust but dont be lazy check and read your documents know your rights and responsibilities
2) if you're unsure talk to people and get their opinion but make up your own mind
3) if you're going to keep it don't be lazy

Yea owning firearms would be must. Jesus I can't even imagine.

Thanks! I've only been there a few times, but it is a beautiful area for sure!

Well I'm already in California, so living in a area with seasons wouldn't be so bad being that I've never really experienced what it's like living with seasons.

But yea that would be nice!

Thank-you Aussie Bro! It sounds like going to school would be my best bet then, being that many others keep suggesting that, and considering I don't anything about that, it would be unwise not to do.

That's awesome about being able to grow pretty much anything, that's exactly what I want to be able to do!

Thank-you!

Damn it! I'm not looking for casual encounters.

I know what you're saying, but I can't help but feel waking up every morning doing meaningful work everyday would give me a sense of purpose in life.

Excellent suggestions, thank-you so much!!

Yea that is exactly what keeps going on in my mind. Either sell it or see if it would be possible to do option 2. Thanks!!

>Well I'm already in California, so living in a area with seasons wouldn't be so bad being that I've never really experienced what it's like living with seasons
oh man

m8 if you have family there you better spend a winter there before deciding to move in. I went to Wyoming once in March and it was minus 14 at noon

>It sounds like going to school would be my best bet then, being that many others keep suggesting that, and considering I don't anything about that, it would be unwise not to do

This is retarded, why would you waste thousands of dollars and years of time to go to school for this? People inherit farms from their family every fucking day and don't run to school so they can be great farmers.

You're already doing the smartest and most efficient thing possible which is to invite others to offer their knowledge and resources. To teach you how to become a farmer. Being a college educated farmer is only worthwhile if you want to use that education in a broader career, but obviously in a single isolated farm you're only going to use a fraction of that school knowledge, you're better off learning it from other people and just applying what's needed to your own specific situation.

It's not like if you want to start a business selling shoes you need to learn how to make shoes, or learn how to make a webpage so you can advertise your shoes, or learn how to be a great salesman, or learn how to be a great marketer. If you have the money you can literally pay people to do all of those things and create a functioning business as a result. Do the same with your new land/money.

bruh stay in cali for chist sake, farm medical weed and profit

>I'm a NEET and keep having dreams of living in a big house, and waking up each morning to do farm shit
Play Harvest Moon to get that fix out of your system
If you don't know how to actually grow plants or how to take care of livestock and have never worked on a farm before then you don't know what you're getting yourself into

this thread is a lie and had been posted repeatedly

sage and hide this shit when you recognize it

this is the mentality I always assumed but was always shot down. screen capping for posterity

Well you certainly make a lot of good points, I completely get what you're saying!

And it's true, that was the reason why I posted this here tonight. Great post m8!

Yea I know what you mean, good post.

I'll give you $10 for it and kick you in the nuts now if you want. In the end, you'll have less pain and more money.

Farm work is WORK. I'd suggest getting some experience there before you continue

>Montana

God you are lucky

This is such a nice idea, OP. There should be more of this sort of thing around the country honestly. Plots of land with nothing or farms with some barebones established infrastructure, and anons can gather and use the space to learn/teach important skills.

So many of us are in states of despair and suffer from a severe lack of purpose. This could really help some of our sad boys in the movement.

Would you allow temporary/short term helpers? Like those people who just want to lend some assistance and do good work for a period of time, as a break from this fucked up in reality we're currently in.

What USDA hardiness zone are you in? You can use that to determine what you can grow there. i personally prefer perennials to annuals because they require less work and yield large.

bump

What are the rules on buttfucking autists?

I was born and raised on a dairy farm, may I suggest just get some beef cattle. Not much work involved.

All work leaves you tired and drained. Psychical work leaves you tired, drained and satisfied though.

I used to do physical work, now i sit behind a desk all day. The desk job is so much more draining.

Is there a cattle that's appropriate for both milk and beef or is shit specialized?

I wish I had been born on a farm, I hate everything about living in the city but it's all I know.

You don't wast to milk the cows twice a day ( seven days a week ) and never be able to do anything. Unless you are really picky about your meet you probably wouldn't notice the difference between breeds.

This idiot cant even spell, don't listen to him.

Study mathematics and agriculture.

I demand all musk melons. I demand you only grow musk melons. The consquences of you not growing musk melons could be far graver than you can possibly imagine.

Stfu. Physics is the language of construction and reality.

I'm actually pretty upset we're not working towards a unified code of buttfucking practices. I guess i have to wait for the philosanons to wake up.

I have over a decade of experience in the plant nursery business. If there's a bug, I know what it is. If there is a deficiency, I can identify it. Having said that, is it okay if I have an area where I can grow cannabis for myself and anyone else who wants to use it?

>People inherit farms from their family every fucking day and don't run to school so they can be great farmers.

Spoken like a true city kid.

You will have to hire illegals unless you want to get crushed by the competition :^)

>what state
so that we can alert the proper jurisdictional authority...

pic
Be careful with strangers! I suggest you to go there, spend a month or two, know the place and the people, who are your neighbours, how fertile is their land, if they are broke, if it's sustainable, how many people live with how many acres (stupid imperial system), what grows there, what doesn't grow there, when, how much you have to invest (add a 20%) and a lot of other things.
Do you have family or friends with the same vision as you? the same dream? reliable people? hardworking people? You have a great idea, but dealing with people it's difficult, dealing with unknown people it's a lottery.

I have a submission to compete with your pic. In Pittsburgh i encountered Yinsers.

Yins is basically identical to yall. And i heard the winner.

"Yinsould've"