Left tard movie with a great tech idea

Ok so in this movie there's a huge border wall.

All foreign labor has been "replaced" with robots. The catch is the robots aren't automated.

They're controlled by foreigners via the internet and virtual reality goggles and shit.

Why has no one done this yet?

Why would they?

For the capitalist it's cheaper to just bring them here.

It'd be a better way to compete.

Why would you bother bringing people in from Mexico if you could spin up a farm of workers in India or in China?

Global variety = hyper competition.

Latency makes remotely controlling anything from a great distance a pain in the dick. Unless you have a very specific reason to do so (hazmat, radioactive contamination, bomb disposal, etc...) you're far better off putting your Mexican day-laborer in an exosuit instead of a fully remote system. Better control, better situational awareness.

Thats retarded.
Would be cheaper to just make automated robots, absorb the cost of creation, and not have to pay a wage.

I think you're underestimating how easy / cheap it'd be to make fully automated robots that can do everything from pick fruit to weld shit on skyscrapers.

Why haven't we done THAT yet?

It's like Uber. You use the people to build bank and then use those profits to make self driving cars and then just fire them all.

and for the true capitalist its cheaper to use local workers
but NOOOOO, gotta keep raising taxes for horseshit

I think you're underestimating how obvious it is you're shilling for your faggoty movie.

Not shilling. I saw it at a movie festival in 2008 and the idea kinda stuck with me.

It came out in 2008, why would I shill?
Also I'm white. It's a Mexican film. Obviously a topic on the mind of Mexicans.

But they'd save so much money by just having Americans control the robots from the factory. How much bandwidth do you need for spics to log in. Not to mention how much it would cost to set up a connection in their shitty village

THEN WHY AREN'T THEY DOING THAT?

Poor writing

Fuck off shill shiller

What a retarded idea.

>Hur dur dur instead of just having American workers work remote control the robots in the factories, lets set up a complex network of VR beaners to remote control from their countries without them knowing it

>Mexican intellectuals.

They have tried this for some jobs actually.

It's more realistic than trying to develop a fully automated AI. It's much cheaper to pay someone to do labor from home.

Haha
Maybe if the ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED WAGES weren't paid with ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED CURRENCY to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are NOT TAXED by working under the table. We wouldn't have to talk about this shit movie based on a shit premise because citizens in this country would be paid a living wage to do what is now considered 'home depot subcontractor' work.

its retarded. it cost more than paying people to do the work themselves. its not the initial cost of the hardware its the upkeep as well.

and the additional burden on the internet would prompt a fight over pricing that service providers give. you got a video feed images and sound take up a lot of space its not like playing a video game in which small data packs are sent which are text files which give instructions on location of meshes and lighting ect and the console or pc does all the graphical work preventing any stream of video and audio being sent across the web. think comcast vs netflix legal battle 2.0

Reddit Spacing: The Thread

>Left tard movie with a great
I doubt it.

>muh god of global competition
Compete against who? Protectionism built the U.S. into the strongest nation in the world. Globalism merely weakens us.