Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lo there do I see my father

>Spain plays Arab role

>Southern Andalusian plays Arab role

Underrated movie

isn't he persian? I don't remember

The character is some Arab scholar that chronicles the exploits of some Viking warriors against a clan of black magic wielding savages.

All I remember was that he was an alpha who wanted to bang the beta noble's wife, so the beta sent him away

There is no black Magic

Good damn movie.

Loosely based on a scholar that claimed to have visited Kievan Rus and Volga traders around 10th century. It's where Michael Crichton got his idea for the Arab character in Eater of the Dead. The scholar was full of shit though, it's likely he got his stories from other traders and just made shit up.

Proof that Arabs have always been in Scandinavia. Sup Forums BTFO

Based movie

this movie is steaming pile of shiet user

>one dude
>always

what movie?

13th warrior

13th warrior, full of vikings doing muh dik references when talking about the small arab boy sword

> Lo, there do I see my father...

Dem chills

It is really hard to capture the soul of the book, but the ambience of the movie is pretty well done.

13th warrior
book: eaters of the dead

They were fighting the Slavs, werent they?

no hes arab. Based on a real story but he stayed with the Rus not in Scandinavia

you could argue one thing or another. Personally I think they were an isolated group of hunter gathers (like some amazon head hunters)

>hollywood
>historically accurate
choose one you absolute faggot.

The modern version would be about an Arab playboy who couldn't go back to Saudi Arabia because he got convicted of adultery and so he decides to hang out with Russian mafia that have to fight off zombies

"I can't drink Vodka."
"It's quass, made from bread."

Black Knight

Spain plays a purely Spaniard role.

In "Eaters of the Dead" Crichton specifies it was a lost tribe of Neanderthals.

Mongolion spot prevalent in Finland.

The serpent tribe is The Haus Of David, who exhibit longer spines and coloboma of the eye in some instances.

Sorry mate. Im autistic if we are talking about history stuff. When I see vikings in plate armor Im loosing my shit. When I see people cutting poles for palisade with their swords and sabres Im loosing my shit. Not even mentioning that arabs in 10th century most likely werent even using sabres yet. Also, devoted kebab praying together with "filthy pagans" before last battle. There were more shit like that in this movie. Sorry, Im autistic and I know this. But I just cant stand shit like that.

thats true. I haven't read that book in years. I did a book report on it in 4th grade (in 1999)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan

In Crichton's book the women are shy around Fadlan because they think he has a big dick

well maybe the trick is looking beyond those huge plot holes, and fill them with the way you think it could have been.

I mean, do you think it was possible somewhere during the middle ages, a band of vikings met an arab and went on to answer a call of help?
If so, what would have happened?

those details you hate, are the details I overlook and the details the book doesn't tell.

Now that is why book + imagination + some movie scenes combined look so good.

FEAR THE BIG DICKED WARRIOR

If this movie was made today, 3 of the vikings would have been black, 2 of them would have been gay, and 1 would have been transgender. I can't wait for this diversity dogshit to swing back.

>vikings in plate armor
Some of them had clearly served in Asia and the Mediterranean, also it looks way better than a stupid hauberk and one kind of helmet.

>cutting poles for palisade with their swords
Basic movie physics. You must be very hard to please.
>kebab praying together
They didn't pray together.

You are not autistic, just an egoist.

BAC

Vikings conquered lisbon and gave it to portugal fromm moors.

Hollywood doing their job, portraying europeans as diverse as they can
puting sub-saharans as natives from england, france, spain, portugal, italy, sweden, norway, greece. A bunch of crap

What the fuck kind of shitty armor is that. What period is this even based off of?

>Russian mafia that have to fight off zombies
that sounds like a cool movie though

Saracens were never a thing

I remember I accidentally watched that movie when I was around 3-5 on the TV. My pee pee got hard when one of those nords got his head stolen by a beastman

it's a true stroy though
even if completely romanticized

9-10 century