What is the best language to learn right now? Which is the most important to know besides english?

What is the best language to learn right now? Which is the most important to know besides english?

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2010-featured-story-archive/cia-values-language-capabilities.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you live around spics, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Arabic or Persian.

Irish

learn Latin

In America? Spanish I'm sorry to say.

Spanish, French, Mandarin, Arabic, or Church Slavonic

Spanish for utility in America or other romance language for fun.

Learning Russian/Japanese is kinda dumb unless you plan to serve and involve yourself with them

Do not learn Chinese, you will become "the guy who knows Chinese " for thr company and you 100% do not want to talk to chinese

Only niggers speak French.

Russian

We will one day dominate space with them

Spanish. Reason: Spics

You should learn German for when the Imperial Germans reveal themselves, purge the world and establish a Fourth Reich afterwards

if you're in the USA, no question Spanish.

When you're old you will need it.

Everyone else around the world under the age of 18 knows English, so it's pointless to learn anything else.

English. Everyone speaks English. No need to learn other languages.

Spanish is likely the most easy language to learn. Depending on where you are, other languages would be better.

Some areas, French is more spoken than Spanish.

ffs latin isnt pointless, you learn it for the culture

Greek.

c++

Don't learn languages for functional purposes, you speak english already. However, learn something cool, preferably from your ancestry. Dutch, German, danish, whatever.

modern or ancient?

Arabic
Dari
Chinese
Indonesian
Kurdish
Korean
Pushto (Pashtu)
Persian (Farsi)
Russian
Turkish
Urdu

Source: cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2010-featured-story-archive/cia-values-language-capabilities.html

>tfw niggers at my school are learning both latin and mandarin
>two of the teachers speak french regularly and teach the kids some words occasionally

If a bunch of nigs can learn the about the world's greatest culture and language, there's no reason you cant

This, python too for scripting.

Dutch

The de facto language in the U.S. will be Spanish in a few years. If you want to speak the language in your own country, I'd start studying.

Spanish is the way to go in America. It also makes it easy to pick up Italian, if you're so inclined.

German is also pretty easy for English speakers.

>not javascript
Bunch of plebs.

>Tfw when you already know french and english, the two GOAT languages, and are on your way to learn spanish

>learn spanish in h.s.
>was in Texas so used it regularly
>became fluent in Spanish
>family is French Catholics
>learn ancestral language
>easy because same Latin roots
>now conversational in French
>try to speak spanish with cousin who went to spain to study abroad
>can understand everything she says
>try to reply but my sentences automatically switch back into French halfway through

Learning other latin-based languages kind of fucks when trying to speak your old one. It either meshes into one weird hybrid language or you tend to constantly switch back to the one you use more regularly. I can still read and understand spanish, I just can't form the words without them switching.

actually heard Dutch was much easier for English speakers because German has so many grammar differences. I just know that in general, Spanish is extremely easy, and works as a gateway towards other latin-based languages if you don't care about forgetting how to speak spanish.

american who passed japanese jlpt test n1, what should i tackle next?
russian or arabic?

Japanese

Euskara

Arabic

>What is the best language to learn right now? Which is the most important to know besides english?
Slovene

what you speak up there is redneck french

There is literally no practical reason to learn any language other than English. English is obviously the best language. English is the first global lingua franca. English is the language of the future. English is the only language in the world that is an official language in countries on all six permanently inhabited continents. The English language has the most books, the most films, the most songs, the most science publications, the most web-sites, arguably the most speakers (ahead of even Mandarin if people who know only a few words of English are counted), it is the official language of both the sea (i.e. Seaspeak) and the sky (i.e. Airspeak) and it will someday become humanity's universal language of space (de jure or otherwise). English was also the first language spoken by humans on another world besides Earth (i.e. the Moon). Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish and Mandarin cannot compete with the linguistic leadership of English.

The Basque people are Atlanteans.

Irish Gaeilge

Jamska

morse code
by a simple trad old tech battery or mains 120/12 radio set up and put it into a metal box now - learn morse code and get ahead

ebonics

French is a LOT more similar to English than Spanish is, and much easier to speak (for native English speakers). If you wait until high school to start learning Spanish it's basically impossible to develop an acceptable accent.

Stop LARPing faggot. Not even native Japanese can pass JLPT N1.

(Go for Russian)

Spanish, Chinese & Arabic.

Common English is Galactic Basic.
Prove me wrong.
(Pro-tip: You can't)

My accent was just fine. That could be because I was surrounded by mexicans in Texas, but still.

>French is much easier to speak for native English speakers
calling horse shit on that. Grammar rules and pronunciations in Spanish are extremely consistent and make learning a lot easier. How it's read is how it's pronounced, always. French has exceptions within exceptions with the exceptions, plus the pronunciation is so awkward for English speakers that I still haven't heard many native English speakers say most of the words correctly unless they come from a francophone culture. Some of them even DO come from an francophone culture and still can't pronounce the fucking words correctly.
>they say "lagniappe" as "layg-nap"

Now granted, some of that might be regional. The Spanish I learned is mostly North Mexican/Texan, whereas the French I speak is a bit more of a mix between Acadian, Parisian, etc. But I'd never say that French is easier to speak than Spanish.

Galactic Basic is whatever language you're watching the Star Wars movies in (usually English, granted).

Polish, learn it,as Poland will be one few white country in Europe

latin will increase your understanding of english as well as make all other latin based languages a breeze to learn
LATIN!

stop hiding your flag pajeet

arabic doesn't help much, most arabs speak a local dialect version of it. If you want to do business with them convert to islam, they only care about that.

this desu

Latin

many legal and medical terms are Latin

>persian
why though

Spanish/Chinese/Arabic >>> Russian

Sad be true.

I'm the guy that knows spanish at my company, and interestingly enough It's the same as the Chinese steel broker with added stupidity and violence when I'm in Mexico/Central America.

After English learn Spanish. Latin is useful for rough translations of romance languages but I'd save it for after Spanish as it isn't spoken.

AMERICAN

i i can i i i you everything
balls to me to me to me to me to me

Let's be realistic.

Spanish -> Only spics speak it. A literally third world language.
Portuguese -> HUEHUEHUEHUE
French -> Only niggers and moors speak it.
Chinese -> Good one for business.
Japanese -> Good one for business, but full of weebshit.
Russian -> Good one for business and to get slavic godly girls.
Arabic -> Good one to know your enemy.
German -> Good if you want to go suck german asses in bad paid jobs in Germany. Other than that, irrelevant.

English -> the only one that really matters for now.

fuck off skynet zuckerbot

you forgot latin

I speak Spanish for utility and German for having lived in Germany and being ethnic German (muhh heritage). Spanish is the best but dont speak it to the spics. Just listen. Dont accomodate them.

Russian and German.

Estonian or Finnish.

(Great secret code languages in public.)

I taught my friends enough that we can shit-talk or discuss people in front of them and they have no clue.

Bullshit. Most languages are peasant languages. But Spanish is spoken by a third of the planet. Its useful as fuck and i HATE speaking it. Odiar a si mismo no es sano tio ps no me digas k hablar esp sea algo ""mal"" en si especialmente hablar castellano puro (lo que yo no sé bien pq hablo idioma mexicANO de mierda)

>I taught my friends enough that we can shit-talk or discuss people in front of them and they have no clue.

Pathetic.

Pug mahon that language is so ugly and useless

Chinese will be more valuable to learn than English in 2100.

>third of the planet
Quantity = / = Quality.

You want to skip to typescript.

I know, it'll be kind of a boner killer when the ayy lmaos come and they all speak Basic, which is English.

>Spanish
nigger tier country language + ugly sounding as fuck
>Russian
we aren't in the cold war anymore
>Chinese
insanely difficult but probably the only useful one
>Arabic
Just why
>Persian

You already know english just learn latin or (ancient) greek

Just like english women

Implying we cant switch back as we please to the faggot version of french

French people cant mimick us, but we can easily mimick them

Arabic - language of the future - talking about MSA or Egyptian

Everyone knows english or should know it - only orcs from Arabia wont learn it ever so if you want advantage in near near future - arabic is your best bet (also great for mind due to unusual writing pattern)

for you, the young college student, it doesn't matter.
you can continue to be an average American monolingual ""white"" mongrel. but you should make sure your kids and grandkids learn mandarin.

spanish or chinese

That doesnt even make sense.

are you 11?

I think no one told them about their white privilege.
inb4
>irish
>white

Spanish,Russian,Mandarin and Latin

australian

Chinese.

Friendly reminder that the bastardized Spanish they teach here in Texas skips an entire conjugation that makes traditional Spanish spoken almost everywhere else difficult to understand. Beaners lump "y'all" (addressing a group in front of you as I understand it) with "they/them" (addressing/referencing a third party) while traditional Spanish has an entirely separate conjunction for "y'all"

nosotros and vosotros right??? they skipped that in commiefornia too, you'd think the border states might know a little better...

yeah, they omit vosotros. you can just say vosotros.

no, nosotros was not omited.

to be fair, French did it, too. In some regional areas you hear "vous-autres" whereas in 'standard French' they completely omit it in favor of "vous"

As someone who speaks Farsi and dari, bullshit