Sup Forums BTFO: Dunkirk childish movie for boys

And she's NOT a naive woman who doesn't get it

archive.is/OYCTO

>"[Dunkirk is] Christopher Nolan's new directorial gift to men, who are currently spending their time fervently ranking his movies, arguing about said rankings, and—presumably—wearing fedoras completely un-ironically. Or even worse, ironically."

>"The thing is, I just don't think Dunkirk is a very good movie—if your definition of the word movie is "moving images held together by a plot." Like, yes: Dunkirk is very well-made. I felt like I was going to vomit during it, because that's how intense it was."

>"It's a story worthy of being told and re-told, and I really enjoy war movies in general, but still—actual stuff needs to happen. Stuff other than scenes of men burning in oil-covered water, ships sinking, and bodies drowning."

>"But my main issue with Dunkirk is that it's so clearly designed for men to man-out over. And look, it's not like I need every movie to have "strong female leads." Wonder Woman can probably tide me over for at least a year, and I understand that this war was dominated by brave male soldiers. I get that. But the packaging of the film, the general vibe, and the tenor of the people applauding it just screams "men-only"—and specifically seems to cater to a certain type of very pretentious man who would love nothing more than to explain to me why I'm wrong about not liking it."

>"if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II? Or—because I know that will illicit cries of "ugh, not everything has to be about feminism, ugh!"—how about any other marginalized group? These stories shouldn't be relegated to indie films and Oscar season. It's up to giant powerhouse directors like Nolan to tell them, which is why Dunkirk feels so basic. It's a summer war movie"

She's right ya know

You can make a movie about women but it has to be good. If it's about women in ww2 that's fucking boring. What are they going to show? Scenes of British women bickering about the rationing and getting fucked by black American GIs?

>my main issue with Dunkirk is that it's so clearly designed for men to man-out over

And Steel Magnolias, Bridget Jones and Eat, Pray, Love were all designed for women to vag-out over.

>why not make a movie about women in World War II?

Newsflash, ladies: not everything is about you.

Who cares about the opinion of women? They are stupid creatures who should be locked in cages and only set free after they have given birth to 7 White babies. Otherwise they'll just go right back to destroying our civilization.

>Who cares about the opinion of women?

Liberals.

>Christopher Nolan's new directorial gift to men

Stopped reading right there

>"if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II? Or—because I know that will illicit cries of "ugh, not everything has to be about feminism, ugh!"—how about any other marginalized group? These stories shouldn't be relegated to indie films and Oscar season. It's up to giant powerhouse directors like Nolan to tell them, which is why Dunkirk feels so basic. It's a summer war movie"
I just wish people like this would die

nah, show them storming the beach dragging the cowardly men behind them like what really happened.

>man-out
That sounds pretty problematic to me.

>She's right ya know
How can she be right while saying nothing?

>caring about what women think

Don't ever make this mistake, boys

the movie was bad... but not for why she claims. just watch a ww2 doc if you like that, and they have better footage.

fpbp

>why not make a movie about women in World War II?
Cool so we either watch a movie about nurses or telephone operators.

>Who cares about the opinion of women?

>makes a post about the opinion of women, probably not the first nor last today

No she didn't understand it and it reminded her what a small insignificant creature she is.

I'm considering seeing this now on the basis of the femtard hate alone.

>The suffering of tens of thousands of men dying is comparable to wonder woman.

In case anyone on Sup Forums doesn't know this yet, the idea of "female empathy" is a myth. They have a lot of attachment to their own kids (when they're not murdering them), and that's it.

If I ever see someone irl say the word "basic" to poorly describe something I will slap their shit.

>And look, it's not like I need every movie to have "strong female leads."
>if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II?

>"if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II?"
I can't even articulate how stupid this is.

>illicit
it's elicit you fucking bitch. at the very least you can use the language correctly while being retarded. although being this retarded should be illegal.

>people finally realize Christopher Nolan is a hack, but for the wrong reasons

The movie was ok

and after reading that post I am going to see it at least 2 more times

>They have a lot of attachment to their own kids

Eh, I'm beginning to think they only take care of their kids for the social status that entails.

Just say it's an idea suggested by a feminist.

Are these big movies dubbed in the vernacular of other countries? I genuinely don't know

>one post by this ID
you've all been had

>war movies dont appeal to women
Duh

>"if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II?"

>Like, yes: Dunkirk is very well-made.
>But my main issue with Dunkirk is that it's so clearly designed for men to man-out over.
> I understand that this war was dominated by brave male soldiers. I get that. But the packaging of the film, the general vibe, and the tenor of the people applauding it just screams "men-only"

What the fuck is she even bitching about? Are men not allowed to have "men-only" things? God knows women are supposed to be entitled to plenty of "women-only" things.

>"if Nolan's entire purpose is breaking the established war movie mold and doing something different—why not make a movie about women in World War II?

So, yes, that is her complaint. That "men-only" things exist. God forbid we make WWII movies about men - the chief figures in WWII who had to endure the most suffering.

>Implying Sup Forums doesn't appreciate an excuse to go after retarded feminists.

>Stuff other than scenes of men burning in oil-covered water, ships sinking, and bodies drowning

Why go to watch a war movie if you don't want to get your feathers ruffled by the horrors of war?

>and I really enjoy war movies in general, but still—actual stuff needs to happen
I really enjoy articles about movies, but real criticism needs to happen and not attack on strawmen.

>she liked wonder woman
opinion absolutely disregarded.
Women liberation was a mistake, I honestly don't think they can handle it.

>WW2 film concentrating on female's roles
>two hours of montage working in ammunition factories and telecomms offices

Women made a sizeable contribution to the war effort, at least in Britain, but it was mostly a very boring contribution.

It was actually a post about caring about women's opinions which is a separate thing from actual women's opinions.

Go sing the Soviet Anthem, you retard,

Translation
I’m a whore for Twitter likes and retweets. Will someone write an article about how brave and stunning I am so I can have my 60 seconds of fame? Oh and I’m a trans queer aromatic Muslim. Gives me my gibs

>WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE MAKE THINGS AIMED ONLY AT ME OR AT PEOPLE I CAN PRETEND TO CARE ABOUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR ATTENTION
What exactly makes modern women such self-centered cunts?

I'm watching it tomorrow, wasn't really excited about it until I read all the salty marxist tears literally everywhere. Now I can't wait.

>how about any other marginalized group

Transgender of the third reich

When I saw fedoras being mentioned in the first sentence I knew this wasn't going to be an objective review.

Link to movie? I kinda wanna see it now.

But women have always been the primary victims of war. Don't you know that?

I'd be for a female Soviet sniper movie. So long as she grew as a character and wasn't all cool and calculating and perfect the whole way through.

Dunkirk will be one of those movies that women will never understand. Like Taxi Driver, Drive, Master and Commander, Goodfellas. They can't understand brotherhood, honor, or isolation.

I saw the movie stoned and I thought it was incredible. The music perfectly set the mood and the sequence up until London was full of suspense. 9/10

It's amazing. You'll enjoy it immensely.

She's obviously just trying to illicit a response from the men dumb enough to take the bait and attack her so she can be seen as a victim

So essentially her argument is that the film is good but also bad because it caters primarily to a demographic that she doesn't like. But the thing is the film isn't even pro-men or catered to men, it's about the horrors of war and depicts what life is like for men in those situations. It's the opposite of glamorizing war, it shows how dangerous and random warfare is and how suddenly death can come and how ultimately most men are just trying to get through it in one piece.

Her entire article is basically throwing a tantrum over her complete misunderstanding of what the film is actually about, and then on top of that complaining it isn't about what she wants it to be about.

Freedom to choose their actions, lack of societal shaming

>You can make a movie about women but it has to be good. If it's about women in ww2 that's fucking boring. What are they going to show? Scenes of British women bickering about the rationing and getting fucked by black American GIs?
The other front had some good stories about women in WW2.

What is the deal with this movie? Is it one of those movies where if you dislike it your a Nazi now?

Sometimes I feel good living in a shithole. Torrenting and shit is so easy and second nature to me that you seem like an actual retard. Are you a bot or something?

It's an 8/10. I was underwhelmed but it's a very good suspense flick. If it was an hour longer it could've been legendary

That's called solipsism. Show me a single modern woman who's capable of taking into consideration the world outside of her fucked up head and I'll feed my dick to a shark.

>its bad because I recognized harry styles, who obviously everyone knows
wrong. No one outside of young girls who were teenagers in 2013 recognize his face.

>But the packaging of the film, the general vibe, and the tenor of the people applauding it just screams "men-only"—and specifically seems to cater to a certain type of very pretentious man
this is the only thing she has to say about why she didn't like it, and there is no substance here.She doesn't even explain whats wrong with it.
Women were a mistake.

Women in general are fucking retarded. The older I get the more I notice how pathetic they all are.

Checked.

Good point. Don't feed this loser.

nigga you think i'm gonna read all that shit
go fuck your dad's cuck

It amazing how everyone is publically shitting on Dunkirk and how they didn't like it. Almost like they're trying to become a part of a cult. When Ghostbusters(2016) was coming out, anybody who took a shit on it, fan of the original or not, you were labelled. I haven't seen it but Christopher Nolan is not somebody who takes his movies lightly.

Nice mansplaining.

I want a ww2 movie with a black hitler.
How would sjws react™?

>clickbait is purposely outrageous to generate money
wow thank you for informing us of this, you faggot

She really revealed her true intentions there. I wish there was a better way to wake the public up about what these commies are after.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a "Transgender in Weimar" movie in the next few years.

Threads like this should really remind all of Sup Forums that not a single other demographic gives a fuck about White Men and their contributions to western civilization. They simply do not care about you or where you come from or what your ancestors did. They do not value you or your ancestors contributions.

This is why White Men need to think a lot more seriously about nationalism and stop being as pathetically divided as we are now (liberal vs conservative, rich vs poor, rural vs city, etc is all just divide and conquer Jewish tactics).

Do we want our civilization to exist in the future? If so, we objectively cannot allow our people to be removed from western civilization. There are harsh realities that need to be accepted if we are going to survive as a people.

She might as well have written 'I am incapable of empathizing with men because I'm an indoctrinated feminist who will probably never have any children'.

this.

Dunkirk was still pretty bad

And the worst part is that she says this right after bragging about having watched Wonder Woman.

>Dunkirk
>basic
>Emoji Movie
>gives rave review of a literal pile of cartoon-ized shit dancing across the screen for 2 hours

Yeah, nothing to see here. Totally checks out. No agenda whatsoever.

Imagine if Saving Private Ryan came out this year and women were complaining that there were no women soldiers being slaughtered to death on Omaha Beach

They can make a movie about how French women eagerly whored themselves out to the German soldiers that attacked.

On a side note that would be a good warning lesson to european men that their women will sell them out in a second to an invading force if they think the invaders will win.

The older I get, the more women become horrible and pathetic to me.

Women will never understand the concept, reason and importance of war and conflict amongst men, as they do not maintain nor develop ideologies and societies. It is not a trait that women possess, they bend their will to whoever is in control, they have no natural instict to be free nor do they seek control. They simply don't care if their society is controlled by islamists, nazis or communists.

Therefor a movie about said stories will fall flat for most women, they only see everyday struggles that surrounds the life inside and around their home, to that of which affects them the most. Who sits at the throne is of no importance to her.

So at least she admits theres actually nothing wrong with the movie other than her own insufferable biases she can't ignore for two hours to enjoy a movie BASED ON ACTUAL EVENTS.

Im probably quite a bit older than you and my woman is fucking amazing. Kind, brilliant, successfull, attractive and actually funny. She has proven herself during the hard times too.
MGTOW posts are exclusively spammed by shills.
You are a faggot.

A WWII film where the Nazis are black but Holocaust the Jews for real?

I love it.

The length of the movie did indeed surprise me, knowing Nolan's history.

Lads, Dunkirk really wasn't good. This Mehera's view is irrelevant, the movie sucked because it had no interesting story. There was no dialogue, no character development, and barely any structure to the film. You don't have to be a female to not like movies that lack substance.

About the "intensity" of the film, imagine it this way: 2 hours of chaos, with climactic Hans Zimmer soundtrack playing from literally start to fucking finish. If the director was going for the effect of making the audience want to also get off the beach and go home, it worked. By the half way point of the film you're just exhausted and want it to end

Congratulations. Maybe you've got yourself an exception to the rule, enjoy it while it lasts. Either way, the chances of landing such a woman are slim.

You lose testosterone with age, estrogen makes you more compassionate with others despite their flaws, perhaps he hasn't suffered the same fate.

>1 post by this ID
got eem

Good for you. Unfortunately many young men like myself don't get as lucky, not that I really care at this stage in my life.

So can I say that when I see the new Black Panther movie

"It was good but I didn't like that the demograhpic it was target for was dindus"

Dumb asses ITT probably already started shit talking her on twitter

I don't care if some kike critics happen to have the same opinion, that movie was legitimately not good

WE

I bet you she thinks "Pearl Harbor" with Ben Affleck is a great war movie.

Somebody tell this bitch to just shut up and watch Steven Universe or something. Jesus Christ, I don't watch fucking lifetime original movies because I get that they're not catered towards my demo. How hard is that concept to come to terms with? Not all media is made specifically for you. She's just mad that white men did spectacular things in history and she's a boring whore who descended from boring whores.

I went to see Dunkirk with my girlfriend and she loved it.

What did this bitch want, one of those crinegy boring romantic subplots inserted into the film like that Mike Bay Pearl Harbour film had. Get fucked.

The funny thing is women will want you more if you don't.

Feels bad man. (((They))) have weaponized all the worst traits of women.

That movie exists, it is called Enemy at the Gates.

>The men at Dunkirk bled and died for this

it was pretty silly imo.
dunkirk was about a strategic defeat, so while its well made, who gives a shit

This too. My sister was watching this show called once upon a time yesterday at the parents house and it was very obviously catered towards the female demographic. I'm not gonna bitch about the show being gay as fuck because it's not even directed at me

>Woman makes an article bitching and moaning about how Dunkirk is a "boys only" movie
Yeah because girls only movies like Mamma Mia and Sex in the City are so great, right?

>Women made a sizeable contribution to the war effort, at least in Britain, but it was mostly a very boring contribution.
this

>movie is so powerful it made you physically uneasy
>lol, this movie sure is a summer popcorn flick
Women were a mistake