Why is American beer so inferior to European beer? How did the Eurocucks beat us on this one?

Why is American beer so inferior to European beer? How did the Eurocucks beat us on this one?

>Father is a commercial airline pilot
>Recently started doing international flights
>First trip is to Belgium
>Brings back some beer
>Try it
>Sweet nectar of the gods

I knew American beer was shitty but I never knew just how bad it was. I used to drink Yuengling and be satisfied. Now I can't even enjoy any beer. They can't keep getting away with this

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/business/ct-stone-brewing-germany-20161222-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dPuz1n2LFVs
pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

culture

because we've been brewing it since forever perhaps

Have you had a stone arrogant bastard ale?
Made in Temecula California ...this is weak

>OP is a memeflag who doesn't know anything about beer

There is lots of great beer in Europe. There is also lots of great beer in the US, too. Everyone who has been to both places and isn't an alcopop drinking faggot knows this.

>American beer
Yuengling (if you can get it in your area) makes a great "old style" lager. Most of their selections come from old recipies. Their Bock is amazing.....

However, you are correct. American beers still pale in comparison. I LOVE tripple bocks. I loved Alagash Belgiums.

However, I am on the wagon to stay this time lol. I still love the flavor, just not the effect.

t: Alcoholic in recovery 18+ months

Indeed beer in The States is usually piss water. But there are some really good craft beers available.

Americans cannot into Reinheitsgebot

>Confederate flag
No, Jim Bob, not all beer is Keystone Light or Natural Light. America has a metric fuckton of breweries these days. You can get pretty much any kind of beer you'd like, and in a good quality. You just might not be able to consistently get it all over the country.

>inb4 literal faggots mention craft beer

American beer is awesome...however if you only count beer made for the masses, the super cheap stuff everyone can afford...yeah it sucks ass.

Most europeans dont understand american culture, which is fine, but our whole claim to fame was taking european made luxury items, mass producing them so working stiffs could afford them. We did it with automobiles, coffee, chocolate, beer, and a bunch of other stuff. This is why you get europeans constantly ragging on the cheap american products for sucking...they are dirt cheap so poor people can afford them, and werent nearly as good as aristocratic luxury products made in europe.

Europe did jump on the bandwagon and makes their own cheap products, however most europeans ignore american luxury and high quality items when comparing.

For instance, Sam Adams is a fantasic american beer, yet youll only think of bud light and miller light when thinking american beer, which is piss water made for broke college kids and teens, along with your standard min wage working stiff.

Go to any reasonable shopping center and check out the masses of craft beers, all moderately expensive vs cheap beer, its all pretty damn good and just as good as the old brand european beer (its fresher here due to not importing it too) and the same price usually.

Sorry for the rant.

Because we really aren't drinkers for the most part.

>drinking any beverage besides water

Don't worry, it will be banned soon I Europe alltogether, as it is a very non-muslim thing to have.

best beers in america come from microbreweries. large corporate breweries peddle out weak beer pretty much. europeans just have an older history and deeper cultural ties to beer. have a look at how many pubs there are in the UK it's pretty wild.

This
>American beer is a refreshment
>European beer was merant to be nourishment

*meant

I'm sure you got some good beers, but Europeans have been brewing this (especially monks) since forever. They have pretty much perfected the method of brewing beers for hundreds of years.

What kind of beer was it? Ever since I started drinking IPAs I can't drink pilsners desu.

All beer is bitter, disgusting, and bloating

tfw I go to my local bar every weekend to drink one of their 349 beers.

I used to aspire to german beer however when I found my way to the Belgians that was a game changer.

It's a balance, both have great and shitty breweries.
Firestone Walker is my favourite brewery and their from commiefornia.

You are disgusting.

The way you arseholes make pale ales, you might as well just chew hops.

If you're in the northeast and you like IPAs, gotta try these guys.

you need to go to the west coast. east coast is shit for beer. the variety and quality of west coast brewing is easily on par with europe.

Good luck with keeping the spider off your back, bud

because we're obsessed with mass production even if it comes at the expense of quality
kind of like china in a sense

That's from my hometown, user! Glad you like it. :)

No it isn't. Not even close.

OP has no idea on what he talks about. Never heard of Dogfish Deschutes.

Because beer is degenerate and eurocucks are degenerates.

>I used to drink Yuengling and be satisfied.
Maybe it's not the beer, but your shitty, unrefined, nigger-tier palate. America brews some of the top beers for a variety of categories, now fuck off with your b8

had their 2014 velvet merkin a few months ago for $10 it was good being in the guys down at this craft beer superstore in jersey. it was hidden away in the back from before a former manager was fired.

>easily on par with europe.

Don't be that naive.

How is Japanese beer compared to European/American beer?

beer feminizes males, fyi

For years I have been trying as many international and micro brew beers as I could get my hand on, for at least 10 years. I feel I've an extensive appreciation for different kinds of beers. After all that I just want to drink Corona or Busch when I want a beer.

I'm not a drinker but a cold natty light poured in a glass tastes amazing. Not even to get drunk, just to drink something tasty.

Why the hell is it so... orange? You can't even see through it at all. It looks like it tastes like candy.

hitachino nest

>we've been brewing it since forever

Not strong beers though.

Belgians drank gin to get drunk.
Beer was to stay hydrated and contained very little alcohol.

Things changed when the government imposed a gin tax.
But that was only a century ago IIRC.

>low quality bait

the US is a net exporter of beer, bro. our craft beers are shipped all over the world, including to europe.

Bland as fuck, and usually served at marginally above its freezing point just in case there's a hint of flavour they missed at the brewery.

>I used to aspire to german beer however when I found my way to the Belgians that was a game
I like a good Abbey as well.

Is auch nur ein Meme

>IPA
>drink fresh

What?
Do you Yanks even know what IPA means?

most jap beer is just a step above your standard american lagers. it's crisper and higher quality, though. hard to describe. thing is, it's really fucking cheap and available everywhere, so I'd give it a pass.

asian beer is in general not that great. it's all adjunct lagers that are designed to be really cheap. not as horrid as carribbean beer however.

Lager is gay as fuck

To them it means "enough hops to pucker every one of your orifices until you're airtight".

>roasting the roasty.webm

Anyone educated in this country is basically a drinker. Then for the underclass you have some puritanical groups that don't drink at all, and a working class group that is alcoholic.

By the way, we have excellent beer, and more varieties than you can ever hope to have a chance to try. Last time you could have said "American beer sucks" with a straight face and having actually drank a good amount of them was 15 years ago

we have great beers in america

Prohibition killed the great German-American beer tradition. Suddenly it was illegal to brew a good beer. When the mistake was reversed a decade later, the damage was done, and America has never recovered from that.

My guess after the prohibition, people were happy to dring anything with a little alcohol in it, and American businessmen jumped in with watered down pisswater that has been sold as "beer" ever since.

I wouldn't say it's inferior but I will admit that imported beer from Europe does taste better.

I don't know why people here like lite beer so much. It almost has no taste.

About the only thing though is that I can't stand warm beer. So if I drink it, I drink it cold.

> 50 replies
> no mention of higher alcohol content

Yuengling is palatable American piss, all others are just piss. This is why there is an explosion of micro breweries and so many big breweries buying them. We have a pretty big winery scene here, and most are brewing now.
MO

>2017
>doesn't know about craft beer
American beer is far superior to European, and the only people who think otherwise are weirdos who fetishize the brewing skills of Belgian monks.

>arguing in the year of our lord about which country has the best bottled estrogen elixir

Most American micro brews are fucking total dogshit, they feel unfinished or rushed, like a crucial component of beer brewing knowledge is missing.

California craft brew surpasses the original brews of Europe yo.

Even the Germans get a stone now: chicagotribune.com/business/ct-stone-brewing-germany-20161222-story.html

>drinking the liquid estrogen

Enjoy your microdick and boipucci

Not exactly. Malt liquor beer less feminizing because uses less hops etc.

>our craft beers are shipped all over the world

All craft beers are exported everywhere.
Drinking exotic beers from all over the world is part of that type of beer culture.

The only people drinking large amounts of American beer are American tourists.

Thats why greasy basketball playing niggers drink it before gang raping old grannies over trash dumpsters

Your chocolate is complete shit as well.

>father is commercial airline pilot
>never heard of Belgian style beer before
> dixie flag

why are Atlanta-fags such a cancer? seriously dude North Carolina make a ton of great beer including abbey and sasion styles. it's close by you have no excuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPuz1n2LFVs

lol thanks for that mental image

How's your estrogen taste?

Um, craft beer exists in the US. Not to sound like a Yankee shitlib, but your flag certainly checks out.

Couple this with a population used to shitty lagers from megabreweries, and you don't need to wonder why hipsters are creaming themselves with mouthfuls of overpriced swill.

European beer is made by Europeans. American beer is made by paco in shlomos factory. You've answered your own question

tell me which brand, because here we still would much rather go for Biere de la garde, Belgium Abbey beer or good stout than touch that cat piss

That makes no sense.

Because Americans drank MORE during prohibition, not less.
And all the small illegal breweries should have come up with some amazing beers.

>drinking beer
Enjoy your fat gut, puffy face, and hyper accelerated aging, faggot.

well they're all run by hipsters three years out of art school. beer brewing isn't exactly hard and it's a trendy startup business for otherwise unemployable people. There's definitely good ones and mediocre ones.

The big thing that the shitty breweries do is just add a fuckload of hops to everything. It's like the easy mode to getting beer faggots to love their stuff without brewing quality.

>being American
>not drinking Bourbon
Pick one

Pennsylvania is complete shit, too

The great thing about local beers is that they taste good and you are able to really get drunk.
Some mate of mine ordered about a dozen cans of Coors Light recently, fuck, never again, it's fucking stale ass water with a weird taste.

>chicagotribune.com/business/ct-stone-brewing-germany-20161222-story.html

"Restructuring was a necessary course correction we needed to do to match our growth trajectory and spending trajectory"

what an insufferable cunt

>American logic

Beer contains estrogen
>pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf

You cannot call anyone a faggot when you also use "inb4" seriously.

Unfortunately the market is coming to accept this as good. I for one am fucking sick of trying dozens of beers to find the one that's drinkable and readily available.

what American beers have you tried?

>not filtering your water

Belgians do make very good beer

inb4 i call you a faggot

The mistake is trying to brew beer yourself.

Our hipsters hire a brewery to make a batch.
And there will be an experienced brewer to help you all along the way.

Is the beer they serve at Oktoberfest good?

They playing the busieness game pretty well, they started out as a small microbrew from San Diego now that shit is everywhere, in gas stations, walmart, regular stores across the nation. 10x the quality of the other mass produced beer.

Everything is owned by InBev, a European Bev conglomerate. There's no such thing as variety when all the product lines (and money) are all consolidated in the hands of a few. So, maybe Am beer is shit for a multitude of reasons.

the gingernob is right, west coast beer has gotten better recently.

lol coors light. that's what we call a "lawnmower beer". the only people that drink that are rednecks and college frat bros, and it's only even remotely drinkable if it's absolutely ice cold, almost to the point of freezing.

None, that's why I said 'I'm sure you have good beers"
I'm not counting that new 'Spencer' trappist beer, I don't even consider that beer.