Automation will Destroy so many Jobs, how is this not a Big Issue?

I feel like this should be a bigger issue. Automation is such an awful thing and this needs to be talked about a lot more. One argument against automation is the falling prices. In my opinion that's bullshit. In the book "the myth of a capitalist economic monopoly" they explain that corporations must borrow lots of money to automate so prices must remain the same or even increase to pay off the loans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tf7IEVTDjng
youtube.com/watch?v=cLVCGEmkJs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a huge problem
Just ask Ted

Hurr durr, let's make the daily automation thread.

Hurr durr lets make shitty boring refugee threads

I'm gonna make money buying up a nice perfectly working used machine and go into business running it myself.

Whats up with this automation talk all of a sudden, like when we wake up tomorrow all jobs will be taken by robots

>arguably the largest factor in a society's quality of life is efficiency

>automation improves efficiency

>this threatens to hurt our quality of life

what do millenials mean by this?

Yep

Well where will the jobs go?

Aside from factories I don't see it becoming that mainstream.

If AI makes greater advances, wouldn't it make more sense to replace the CEO's and Management?

True. Then what jobs will be left?

Combining robot arms which have existed for a long time with visual ai and depth sensing cameras will be huge. It won't take long to develop weak ai that can make just about anything with an arm that can attach different tool heads to itself.

I don't know, but they'll go somewhere, they always do.

Machines need maintenance, improvements, and materials to be made from. They don't just appear over night. Those will cause new jobs to be opened too.

Where will the cotton picking jobs go now that there are tractors doing the work?!?

youtube.com/watch?v=tf7IEVTDjng

and it won't take much longer after that to develop non industrial domestic versions. a quadruped isn't very practical, but you can see how it won't be that many generations before it starts to get scary good

Yeah that will employ like 0.0001% of the population? Besides then only high IQ people will be able to get jobs.

This as well. Farm advancements are threatening the argicultural industry jobs.

Nope

youtube.com/watch?v=cLVCGEmkJs0

In order for the world to progress or at least move forward, sacrifices have to be made.

Get ready to be culled by the Bilderberg group. Zika was a test run.

If we're going automated, we need a living wage. The United States prints money that is worthless yet accepted worldwide at gunpoint, there is no reason not to do this.

Just sterilize the population that cannot continue contributing to society, or at least limit them to having two children before tying the tubes on both parties.

What the fuck am I looking at?

Riddle me this, user: if what you say it true (I tend to believe it) then why the big push for immigration to shore up European birth levels? With impending automation the immigration for economy argument does not compute. Is it responsible to bring in millions of unwashed masses if the gov't is just going to hand out free cash? Doesn't this dilute the amount of available money?

An angry mob with pitchforks stabbing the elite vs 10 angry mobs stabbing each other

>why the push for big immigration
It's not an economic issue it's a moral issue. Immigration is terrible for the economy but the Syrian refugees will die otherwise, and since this whole thing is the Wests fault the West should take some responsibility.

As AI and automation replaces jobs, more opportunities and jobs will open to replace the lost, for one simple reason. Who will maintain the automation? The AI, robots, whatever, you always need programmers, and people who will maintain them.

Attach some guns to them and they are already scary good.

Every job except some high IQ professions and artists/entertainers will be automated.

Brainlets will recieve universal basic income and live in soviet-style government housing in exchange for a few hours of make-work each week.

A genetic divide between the predominately white and Jewish ruling class and the unemployed underclass will grow to the point of the two splitting off into different sub-species.

Well fuck...

>300 years ago
>Textiles and Factories will destroy so many Jobs, how is this not a Big Issue?

People have felt this before.

People will take up new occupations. Expect the jobs of the future to rely on the skilled programmer, not the quick factory worker.

Poles love to swear.

automation destroys work, not jobs. There's a difference.

Some people make a job out of playing video games... is that work? nope.

Oh fuck off, Shlomo.

Because Automation is a change, not a revolution. There has always been innovation that has brought on change. Free market forces will adapt. Society will adapt. It's not going to happen everywhere, all at once, to everything.

Automation and demographic replacement are just "fuck yous" to whites for not obeying the global elites

Good, people are unreliable anyways.Give someone a chance to fuck you and they will every time. I'd trust a machine over some dumbass human any fucking time.

Working sucks.

Procreation related activities

>Jew
You know Israel hates Assad more than anyone right? They are at fault as much as the West

So only the ultra-high iq will get jobs? Only 10% of people are 120+ IQ so only 10% of people will have jobs

That is work economically speaking

So like 0.000000000001% of people will have jobs.

Polish Human Resouces Department

>So, like, only 0.0000000001% of people will have jobs then!
>meme flag

Checks out.

Is there some Netflix video on "the automation revolution" or something? I keep seeing this topic spring up on Sup Forums.

>neckbeards behind their computer screens
>daft millennials staring at their phones
>believe everything in the world that is not themselves must be a product produced in a factory and shipped via amazon
>believe AI and automation is inevitable
>Wall-E style blob-people coming, get ready
>mom's credit card info entered into paypal
>"go away! 'batin'!"
>ow, my balls.

>kekistani flag
Faggot.
Automation is not a problem. Faggots like you are.

Worry about short, medium and long term problems. Not ultra long term problems.

Automation is not a problem of your generation.

>They'll go somewhere, they always do
Said the horses when they heard about cars.
Said telephone operators
Said assembly line workers
(They didn't go anywhere)

The fuck are you talking about? Of course it is. Automation is going to take a major toll on jobs in the next ten years, without a doubt.

>they always do
People will say this until one day it doesn't.

Not fucking worried, got a job in the comp sci field. All you trade school faggots will lose jobs to automation while people who took their time to learn something useful will get paid the salaries of low skill trade jobs on top of their current salaries.

The solution.

I work in data mining research anyone who thinks that a job would not be cheaper and more effective to automate than to man is a fool. Capitalism ultimately favors the cheaper source of labor, and neural networks allow almost anything to be learned. It's the realization of an eventuality.

Though I don't know why common people think they'll be living the high-life. Only the owners of the machines would profit, and at least in the states they've done an amazing job of chipping away at wealth redistribution.

Yes but in places like America they already have had years where job growth was smaller than the birth rate, eventually we will have a learning and self changing AI that controls robots who maintain robots and also repair eachother.
It's closer than you think too, AI is developing very quickly and there are already self teaching robots.

There is truth to this, but the owners of the machines can only make money if there is a population that can buy their products. The general population has to have some kind of income or no one does.

So they all starved to death? No, they adapted. Sure some struggled, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

I'm going ignore the horse comment because you're a leaf, and you really don't know any better.

It's pretty obvious you're a clueless dumbfuck t b h

>no argument
>leaf

Typical.

Ugh, you compsci faggots are the worst.

>Never done a days manual labor

>thinks AI will replace plumbers and electricians within a decade

I am a senior tech in a factory making auto parts. Let me tell you something about robots that not too many people know. They're fucking retarded. Our robots fuck up just as much as our machines do, if not more. They bump into things, grippers get worn out and drop parts, and programs need updates. The machines also need daily maintenence. I run two different kinds of hard and soft turn lathes, three different drills, a spline roller, induction hardener, temper oven, hard mills, and combo grinders. They all fuck up on a daily basis. Instead listening to these "experts" telling you automation is going to kill factory work, why don't you listen to what the people who are actually in the industry have to say about it? Machine operator jobs are not going anywhere.

t. low IQ brainlet who doesn't have the brain capacity to do anything more than hellish blue collar work

It's an excuse for NEETS to not get a job. My bro has been telling himself that robots are going to take ALL jobs so he became a hobo and moved back in with parents after getting ran over by a car in the park. It's a demoralization tactic to be honest. Even if you have to lie to yourself, you should ignore this line of thought at all cost or you will end up killing yourself. This is my only warning to everyone in these threads.

Why do manual labor when morons can do it for you?

t. spent 3 years as a PLC programmer in Detroit

The transportation sector alone is one of the biggest employers on this planet. Moving goods and people from A to B. Self driving cars and trucks are becoming rapidly better and safer, eventually a shitload of taxi and truck drivers will lose their jobs. Robots are already replacing humans in Amazon warehouses, they are cheaper and way more efficient.

It is the fault of technology, because the system is guided not by ideology but by technical necessity. Of course the system does satisfy many human needs, but generally speaking it does this only to the extend that it is to the advantage of the system to do it. It is the needs of the system that are paramount, not those of the human being.

if it won't be a problem tomorrow then we don't need to worry about it!

get the fuck out of here with that logic

You don't need to be high IQ to be a programmer/robot mechanic. Just look at Sup Forums.

Sure, but how many people did it take to produce said auto parts before your factory got robots? Here in Germany it was a huge drag on our welfare system when factories started moving on from manual labor to robots. Of course many just moved on to other jobs, but especially the older workers who had spent decades in those factories and were too old or to dumb to pick up new skills say 10 years before their retirement just spent them on welfare.

Fun fact though, factories are now starting to hire more humans again because robots are great at mass production but not so great at small custom jobs.

Higher IQ than a plumber, at least.

Trickle down economics will come into effect and we'll all be rich. Just ask one of the many millionaires running any country in the world. We will have universal income by then, just enough income to stop us revolting and keep us consuming, but higher levels of wealth will be locked away from us forever. Don't question things OP. Most of the kids here have white collar fathers.

I mean automation always existed and was a thing. Why is it getting so hyped in media now all of a sudden

Automation is fantastic. We just need a commensurate population. Can't field these brown subhumans anymore. of course that is not gonna fucking happen. We cant even keep guys who cut their dicks off out of the military.

I'm just waiting for nuclear war. We've earned it. Well I didn't, I'm great, but almost everyone else deserves to be killed.

>muh basic income
get a job, we aren't doing cloward-piven here any more now that king nigger's gone