Should I go for a trade school or a college?

Should I go for a trade school or a college?

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/jobs?q=drafter&l=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is an 18+ board.

STEM or medical or law? sure.

If not, do a trade.

Soft sciences are university diversity quota programs, they're meant to be so easy they're useless so black women can become the most educated demographic and they can shut the fuck up about intersectional feminism.

Trade school.

Support local labor. We'll need it to counter globalist shilling in the future.

Fag could be getting out of military service, that's what I did. But go for a trade, I went to FSU and fucking regretted it big time. Graduated 2 years ago. no debt thanks to the GI bill but all 4 years sucked ass.

kek gay in ID.

I'm 28.

I want to make money off drawing, so I was looking at drawing jobs and is basically autocad.

Military and figure it out later

You'll need to tell us more about yourself. What were your SAT scores/GPA etc? Do you come from a blue or white collar background? What about college appeals to you? What about trade school appeals to you?

Trade school. Skip the brainwashing and get a skill you'll use to make money hand over fist, in half the time for far less in fees. Trades are more valuable than degrees in this society.

Homo alert.

Mechanical engineering for you.

Or become an animator? If Netflix and Stan and like services fail, we'll have an animation thing like in 80s Japan. At

I was looking some advice, I want to make money off making drawings, but graphic design and fine arts wages is crap.

I was looking and some drafters in aerospacial industries make 70k.

Hi Liam

I don't like math, I want a simple blue collar job doing technical blueprints.

trade school. become a welder, get 100k a year, instajob after you finish school.

yeah, military for the education benefits. just get some pencil pusher MOS so you don't fuck up your body for life.

university is a lot easier when you are older and more mature.

>I'm 28.

Jesus Christ.

>I want to make money off drawing, so I was looking at drawing jobs and is basically autocad.

If you're thinking about technical drawing you need to go get at least an associate's in engineering, preferably a bachelor's or master's (whatever it takes to get licensed in your state). Draftsmen are on their way out.

how bout architectural drawing?

is there any trade job for drawing?

>Go to the Dept of Labor website
>Find a list of all occupations.
>Sort by highest to lowest salary
>Scroll over to minimum education column
What do you see more at the top of the list? College or trade school?

Maths is basically language skills for people doing real jobs, you might realise you actually like some maths. I like discrete maths, like dsp, even if I hate engineering calculus (triple differentials and integrals that.. only the Indian students got right??)

STEM is a meme.

The engineering industry is packed full of boomers who won't retire and street shitters, very little projected job growth

Literally the only profession that guarantees a job is medicine, because doctors keep the number of medical students intentionally low to ensure job security and high salaries

bro, why do you think I wanted to be an artist?

do what you are better at. i'd personally avoid acrueing a lot of debt if you don't know it will be worth it, a state college is also an option.

also the studies should have practical value. something technical is always good, but also law is better than say, history of arts.

neither, get an entry-level job at some firm. deliver people's lunches or fucking whatever, just start climbing that ladder. dont get debt

Link.

military and guerrilla tactics

forestry degree

Truly a trade of the white man

You can always parlay an education in graphics/design into a small business. A friend of mine owns a signage company and makes really good money working from his house. The number one predictability of success is the drive to be successful. If you have a natural talent for design/graphics and a "drive" to pursue this as a career, I would suggest going to an art school. Check out Full Sail college. I've seen numerous success stories from the alumni.

Trade skill but do your homework on what is in demand in your part of the world unless you're ok with moving to chase a good paying job.

Heavy deisel mechanics are in demand in a lot of places and you can always find work if you have skills like that.

Can't say without knowing you. Most people are too stupid for college and the spiritually starved adopt all the leftist indoctrination as a religion. In my experience college was great for testing and developing my beliefs. (Was math/economics, now math phd). You should talk to someone who went to trade school. Do not go to any school for art, do not binge drink, and force yourself to go to church or regularly do something spiritual (e.g. long nature walks)

I'd say join the military but 28 is too old.

Even if you're below the age cut-off, being an older junior enlisted sucks unless you like being peers with 19 year olds and having 23-year old NCO's shit on you all day

You might be able to get away with architectural drawing but most engineering jobs are now just using junior engineers, EITs, that sort of thing to do their drawing.

I've been trying to get my firm to hire drafters for forever but they don't want to. The problem is that you get up into your 50s and you want to be paid like an engineer but you can't stamp drawings and the kids can draft faster than you can. We're having a hard enough time justifying paying the senior engineers who aren't in sales or project management.

If it were up to me we'd have more drafters but the market doesn't seem to want it. I'd much rather have a guy with 20+ years in AutoCAD or Microstation at $40/hour than a senior engineer at $100/hour who can't draft for shit or a new hire at $25/hour who'd rather hashtag or whatever then learn how to do the work.

indeed.com/jobs?q=drafter&l=

there's plenty of jobs for CAD drafters, it seems is much easier to get a job being a drafter than being an illustrator.

>there's plenty of jobs for CAD drafters, it seems is much easier to get a job being a drafter than being an illustrator.

That's the thing, though. Look over there at the salary estimates. Are you going to be happy making less than $50,000 in your 40s with a wife and kids? Because that's all they're going to want to pay you. (If you would be though give me a call)

I don't think college is worth it anymore, unless you come from money. Find a need and fill it. I think although Entrepreneur is very difficult and hard work, it's worth it.

>he didn't read the part where I compare it to ilustration and fine art
and illustration wont even give me a job in the first place.

50k in ten years is half a million bucks, I'm sure I could invest some of that shit and get a good retirement early.

>huh duh you can't save and invest your money

college. minus the odd the SJW crap, the college / university experience is something you can never experience again. trade school later if you want

If you think you would be happy doing it, then do it. I don't give a shit. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing.

I would go into making sex robots for neckbeards and forever alones.

But it's you've got to be good? Not even, postmodernism is about replacing standards with nepotism and connections (i wonder (((who))) benefits from lower standards), this means even if you can compose 18th century harmonies and draw photorealistic pictures by hand, you'll still fail because the entire art community doesn't know you and will even call your attempts at perfectionism as oppressive, since you're raising standards.

Bro, art is dying unless we can remove the mainstream media and radically defund all non STEM.

>The engineering industry is packed full of boomers who won't retire and street shitters, very little projected job growth
Boomers suck and they know it, diversity is only in STEM because Marxists are in HR and low and behold, of course feminists are more interested in keeping white men out of employment than company productivity.

The worst thing about STEM are people that don't even work in STEM.

>Literally the only profession that guarantees a job is medicine, because doctors keep the number of medical students intentionally low to ensure job security and high salaries
Med is STEM and health institutions are just as lefty, getting a job basically means avoiding white women who hate white men for being single in their late 30s and owning lots of cats.

you know you can fuck college whores at bars?

man, It pays the double of what fine art and illustration can get.

I just want to make money off drawing.

Is my best hope at this point.

Attending a University right now. Shit's free for me, so I figured why not? I'm tempted to say "fuck it" and join the military instead, though, given how useless this degree will probably be.
Go to a trade school if you have a particular line of work in mind. If not, go military and figure out what it is you want to do. Most college degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

yeah in illustration i would expect to be at risk of losing the job altogether and not finding anything else for the time being

Reminder to all Americans if you are working a dead end job or going nowhere in life, now is the time to join the military under Trump. It was hell under Barry, but already things are significantly better. Even if you're IT or non combat arms, do your time. After 4 years you get free college, vet status for life, and you'll be that "older military user" that makes 18 year old girls on college campuses drop their panties.

man, wtf is wrong with americans that want to make more than 70k a year in every fucking job?

50k a year just drawing is good shit.

If you're respected on the job then it's all good.

man, I wasted my better years trying to be an artists.

I want now to avoid doing the same mistake.

The answer depends on what you want in your future.

I'm a low voltage electrician. I make about 100k after overtime every year. Only a two year apprenticeship. No trade school needed. I work as a fire alarm technician. We install new systems and program the panels in high rise buildings andretail spaces. Check it out.

If I could go back I would have gotten a skilled trade, way more lucrative plus a bachelors degree is like your high school diploma 40 years ago

>get an entry-level job
>just start climbing that ladder

This only works if you want to be part of management.

Unless you're a Chad the college experience isn't amazing.

It's still fun and a lot better than wagecucking, but it's not worth the debt if your parents/the military aren't paying.

If you're on the fence, make sure your trade school has transferable credits. I have a mechanical engineering tech. Diploma and went back to University for comp Sci. I got Jewed on credits

do both

That's funny cause you fucks don't do shit.

t. sprinklerfitter