Challenging people to pistol duels should still be legal...

Challenging people to pistol duels should still be legal. People that decline should immediately lose the argument and be looked upon as the pathetic cowards they are. Andrew Jackson and Doc Holliday were the greatest men in American history.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_combat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Agree.

I think the dudeweedlmao is going to far into your head

Sometimes the world isn't big enough for two people. You should also be willing to stand behind your words.

>argument
People didn't duel because of arguments you retarded fuck. Furthermore challenging people to a duel for irrelevant reasons was seen as dishonorable.

> People didn't duel because of arguments

Andrew Jackson did repeatedly.

> dishonorable

I don't think some mongrel from Montenegro knows the first thing about honor.

>Amerishart calling people mongrels
In any case point of duels was honour, and losing an argument is not an insult on your honour, you dense fuck.

Isn't dueling the biggest example of "Not an Argument" fallacy you can make?

> dude is wrong
> shoots someone who challenges him
> continues being wrong
> society loses

>not knowing about Montenegro's honour
At least we know you're an all-American lad; those brains give it away, mate. Montenegro was quite preoccupied with honour, I must say; they had clan wars till yesterday.

> continues being wrong

No. Might makes right.

duel me fgt 1v1 irl

>communism is good
>no, communism is the worst fucking thing ever created
>let's have a duel then
>shots fired
>see, told ya communism was good

I think challenging someone to a duel with swords should be legal, but only to first blood, not to the death, unless both agree upon a duel to the death, but if that's the case, then you might as well use guns.

>implying a commie would have the speed of mind and well trained hand required to win a pistol duel

God chooses the truly righteous in pistol duels.

No problem with me

God doesn't exist, LARPing faggot.
At least humanity has no proof for it yet.

wot did u say m8? I'll hit 8/8 str8 .308 thru ur vertabr8

>whoever shoots first wins the argument

How does this make any sense

Notice that it's all non-Americans that are against pistol duels. You aren't a man if you aren't willing to take ten steps and draw.

>How does this make any sense
It's kinda a check on never-ending escalation of bullshit. At least that's my understanding of it.

>a check on escalation
>literally solve disagreements by murdering one of the parties involved

It's a small scale "the purge", it's retarded

The Bible you fuck tard

You sound like a pathetic weakling insisting only pistols should be used. Choice of weapon should go to the challenged party.

That's the spirit.

Not saying it's not retarded. I'm just saying there was a reason for it.

For certain things, yes, but as a form of decision making carried to it's logical conclusion, no. We end up apes as the only thing rewarded is reflexes and hand-eye.

>Fancy pants tell Krod to choose weapon. Krod choose suprise!

>what is Jesus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_combat

It was never legal. People just did it anyway. You can still just do it anyway now. Kys for making this thread.

Not disagreeing with you but I think the reasoning is more along the lines of:

>certain conflicts will always escalate to murder
>legalize murder through duels
>less paperwork

I'm yer huckleberry

Yeah dude, dude existed 2017 years ago. He did miracles and shit. He died 1984 years ago. Here's a book as an ultimate proof.
Ignore Mahabharata and Vedas and shit, Bible is tru lmao

Didn't it just become legal in Canada?

>man calls your wife a whore
>if you hit him you go to jail
I agree, we need some system for defending your honor, and in so doing the concept of honor itself will make a return to society.

pistol duels are life and death and people cheat in them

forget it

I've never seen anyone cheat in a pistol duel.

How the heck do you cheat in a pistol duel? You either hit your target or you don't, and if you shoot prematurely then you get executed for murder.

Shoot first

>be me
>immortal
>vampire
>witness hundreds of pistol duels throughout history
>never seen anyone cheat in one
>current year
>2017
>shitpost on Sup Forums

But what is the logic behind this?

What if it's random?

What I'm I'm the next person to land a shuttle on Pluto, and some arsebum decides to randomly propose a pistol duel?

I would literally have too much to loose, so I'd have to turn it down.

Maybe later.

>assuming you'd die from a pistol duel
What are you, paper?

>How the heck do you cheat in a pistol duel?
isn't the tradition that you have to shoot after a certain distance?
so thats how you cheat. most dishonorable man wins why would I possibly risk my life there

no something less lethal. A fist fight. Good old man to man fist fight. clears up serious differences between people.

>“I was in love once. My first cousin. She was… We were both so…
She joined a convent over the affair.
She was all I ever wanted.”

Those are Doc Holliday’s words in his tragic but touching final scene from the movie Tombstone.

As Margaret Mitchell says in the classic novel of the Old South, Gone With the Wind: “The Wilkes and Hamiltons always marry their own cousins.” She was referring, of course, to Ashley Wilkes (Scarlett O’Hara’s crush) marrying his cousin, Melanie Hamilton.

And that’s where the story of Doc and his cousin Mattie crosses into the story of Gone With the Wind, for Mattie Holliday was also cousin to author Margaret Mitchell, and became the real-life model for the fictional Melanie Hamilton. Mitchell even borrowed Mattie’s name, and not just the initials M.H.

Pistol duels are referee'd by at least one impartial guy with a gun so if someone cheats he gets shot/apprehended for murder

Pistol duels are overseen by an impartial third party, both duelists also have seconds.
There would also usually be onlookers as well.
No one would cheat in a duel since it's about upholding your honor, not who is right or wrong

If some dickhead goes around spreading rumors that you are a fag, basically slandering your name, that guy deserves to die. Without duels, any chickenshit who is willing to spread malicious gossip like a woman can cripple his political opponents with no effort, which leads to a situation where the only guys who win office are the worst type of cuck. The end of duels was literally the death knell of western civilization.

Basically, for rumor-spreading faggots, it raises the immediate possibility of their public, dishonorable death. Which is often enough to prevent it in the first place. So duels in times of yore were probably like abortions for the mother's urgent medical need-- rare and regrettable, but necessary for the greater good.

I hereby challenge you to a duel, OP. Name the time and place.