What was worse Sup Forums WWII or WWI?

For humanity as a whole, WWII.
For the soldiers, WWI.

ww II

>For civilians
WWII

>For the average joe in the armed forces
>WWI

Pretty amazing to think that it's not longer ago we had these two insane wars. Make Syria seem like a good day.

Europe has really seen some shit.

This WWII was worse for civilians WWI was literally hell on earth for the poor Dumb bastards who got sent to the front.

This is the single longest period in history Europe has been in a relatively stable peace.

>all those forgotten battles in history where kingdoms rose and fell
>nobody will remember the kingdom of aragon

>mfw paying my respects by playing EUIV

Funny how today's problem like immigration, capitalism etc. seems pretty unimportant when you think what was at stake just a lifetime ago.

Glad to be sharing this lovely part of human history with all my fellow /pollacks

And look where it got us. Europe needs wars, big ones. Else it all gets stagnant and decadent in a way that aint healthy.

>tfw the middle ages were either really boring and horrible, or were an adventure
Can you imagine what it'd have been like to travel through Britain, taking in nature, looking out for bandits and then sleeping at a roadside tavern? It's /comfy/ but also scary.

>You will never land at the shores of Britain stabbing britbongs while your wife back in Rome is fucked by your north african slave
why even live

I have given this quite a bit of thought: The only way you could convince me to give up my current middle class life for something +300 years ago was if could belong to the top 1%.

Life expectancy would be decent, and having power in non democratic societies must be fun as fuck.

I'll pass on all other scenarios.

Was meant for

WWI
it caused WWII

WW1 started in 1914 and ended in 1989 my dude.

Separation of the 'world wars' and the 'cold war' is a meme.

Atleast in WWII you died a quick death.

I think WWII was worse, read enough books and memoirs from the eastern front and you'll understand why. Effective Tanks, better artillery and CAS aircraft added an entire new level of fear to warfare. The Tiger I became legendary because it made allied infantry literally shit themselves, not because it was a good tank.

WW1 was really just sending men into endless meat grinders like the Somme, Verdun, Passchendaele, and Gallipoli. It was much worse than WW2

>WW2 Eastern Front
WWI without trenches and better technology

WW1 without a doubt. Every person alive in the west today still suffers from cultural PTSD as a result of that war in the form of modernism and post modernism.

>"europe needs wars big ones"
>check flag
>germany
I'm not even mad

to be fair martin luther did nothing wrong

show your flag subhuman

i would rather fight in WWII than in WWI

Former history teacher here.

I get what you're saying and totally agree that is a valid way to put it, it's just that as books are broken into chapters so too must historians break events into smaller, albeit related, chunks. Otherwise we could say that WW1 was really a continuation of the Franco-Prussian War or things like that.

>without trenches
lul
do you think there is any cover in the Russian steppes? trenches were the only way to hide from enemy fire in rural areas.

>muh WWI meat grinders
Stalingrad: 2+ million total casualties
Baltic Campaign: 1 million total casualties
Kursk: 1+ million total casualties
Berlin: 2+ million casualties
Caucasus/Southern Russia: 1+ million total casualties
only two battles in WWI even got close to these numbers

god damn that actually makes a lot of sense...

>WW1 started in 1914 and ended in 1989 my dude.
Who won?

The jews

> Murrican education

If you can't make money on what you know going back 300 years, you are a moron. You wouldn't last in 1% then if you are that retarded. You don't need anything to go back 300 years and start minting money.

>Passchendaele
>pre-advance British-artillery bombardment
>4 million+ shells fired at the german line during 10 day continous bombardment
>16000 shells an hour
>277 per min

And then they went over the top

Don't forget the fucking Mud.

Who cares. I'm too busy looking forward to WWIII.

WW1.Retarded commanders trying to zergrush mg nests to the point where soldiers killed the commanders.

WW1 hands down. Europe pissed away one of the finest generations of young men the world had ever seen.

Men like H.G. Mosely died pointlessly in shitholes like Turkey.

WW1 for sure. It was a pointless war tha was hell on earth. WW1 was the pinnacle of human brutality in warfare.

WWI it was literally what people imagine hell to be it was insane the amount of death that was dealt out on a day to day basis.

you would think they would create some kind of ballistic shield in the 4 fucking years the meat grinder known as the machine gun was used in that war

You would.But then again you didint grow up praised to be a commander of the army who knows no wrong.
Unit commanders trying zergrushing mg positions again and again then requesting another batch of soldiers is the definition of retarded war.You can observe the same mental state in ww2 when poles charged german tanks with horses and sabres,because virtue is all,and no soldier is too costly for the commander to brag about at his superior.

This

but it isn't that fucking hard to bang out a thick slightly curved rectangular hunk of steel with an eye slit, especially if it would greatly reduce the chances of getting your whole unit slaughtered in the mud for no fucking reason. I know the stereotype is the old commander stuck in his old ways, but come the fuck on, acting that batshit retarded seems impossible for the high command of pretty much every fucking nation

This

And it's coming to a crashing end very soon.

If you look at all world wars as based on the founding, and furtherance of Israel, WW1 never ended. Balfour declaration was in WW1 and still continues to this day.

There were prototypes,but not in numbers.
Its not a stereotype.Soldiers were plenty in supply and commanders could not care less about the casuality numbers.This is a major problem in every military even today.The commanders were stuck in pre ww1 zerg tactics and blamed their superiors for not supplying them with enough bodys to make the breakthrough.
Also the honor of frontal attacks was a big factor too.WW1 was literal hell on earth for every side.
WW1 was a big factor that nobody really started fighting against the germans when they started ww2.There was no point in it and would have caused only deaths for nothing.

Sure let's give a guy a 60 pound piece of gear and expect him to charge over the top in the mud and shit that was no mans land and expect him to Survive. If you want to know what was birthed in that war it was small unit tactics instead of a shit ton of infantry charging a single position.

>It was a pointless war

Just as "pointless" as every other wars
You had countries fighting to defend their homeland (France, Belgium, Russia...), countries fighting to defend an ally (Britain) and countries fighting out of greed for power (Germany, Austria...)

WW1 gave birth to the abomination of the Franco Anglo alliance so I would say WW1.

WW2 is just a symptom of WW1.

This question will be irrelevant after ww3 kicks off. Then the trilogy will be compete.

fpbp

Has no one noticed the guy sitting on the far left is clearly a vampire? God damn fucking vampires are fucking everywhere.

The Civil War was worse

WWI
>Gas
>Trench Warfare
>Cardboard shoes (Austria-Hungary)
>Inept Generals who wasted lives in uncoordinated attacks

WWII
>Urban warfare, cold ass eastern front
>Brutal Jungle warfare (Japs)
>A-bomb
>Firebombing

I don't think you can say one was worse than the other. I personally think WWI was more wasteful and unnecessary. Few massive offensives in WW2 were as pointless as WWI.

We're overdue for another Great War desu.
Society has become too passive and decadent.
But thats whay (((they))) want

The Eastern front in WW1 was just as horrible. WW2 is worst due to the massive killings of civilians.

>thick slightly curved rectangular hunk of steel with an eye slit

Not going to do you much good when they drop a 77cm Fragmentation shell over your head. Nevermind the barbed wire, and the fact MG positions had interlocking fields of fire meaning you were going to get hit from different angles.

This wasn't Wonder Woman.

In WWI armies would just try to go over the top and just bumrush fortified enemy trrenches.
It was total fucking suicide

that never happened read a fucking book

the poles didn't charge tanks with horses, they routed the invading infantry, and did a really good job of it too.

Both if you were a white man.

WWII, especially when they caught you and were put into one of these pic related. breaking your kneecaps. This is from Breendonk Belgium, I went there and it was fucking glorious. what caught my eye is that they were building "camps" out of old wooden planks. proof that they are still building the Jewish camp's and that it's all a lie.

The Balkan and eastern front never got into stalemate like the west. They were very mobile fronts. yes there were trenches but they didn't take 500,000men and 6 months to take

Not a lot of shekels to be made in times of peace.

Stable peace? it was only in the 90's there was a big war in yugoslavia.

Sure mate.

Not at all. Nobody dares to step up against the U.S. If we go down, we will wipe out everyone else. Thats how it goes.

That's how it will go.

/thread

WWI

Worst battle in history?
>Peleliu
pic unrelated

desu they should really just be concerned one war with a 21 year armistice

WW1 was the first of its kind in terms of industrialized total warfare, whereas WW2 was just great war on steroids. Just like in the movies, nothing beats the original and sequels always ruin the franchise.