Leafs...

Leafs, riddle me this: Why would anyone with a higher education and Canadian citizenship WANT to stay in Canada instead of going to the states? As someone who has to work in Canada (under a work permit), it's baffling to me.

>places that are desirable to live (Vancouver, Toronto) have home prices that are utterly inflated and not affordable to almost everyone
>wages are way lower in canada than the states; jobs that will pay $90-$100K+ in the states (in USD) will pay $60-$65K in Vancouver or Toronto, where you have to spend large amounts of money on a housing payment or rent
>taxes are insane; 13% HST on pretty much everything you buy, higher taxes than the US on most goods
>goods are generally more expensive BEFORE tax too

>meanwhile, if you have a bachelors and a good career, you can show up with some paperwork at the border, spend a couple hundred bucks, and walk into the United States with TN status under NAFTA and make bucketloads of cash
>and pay less in taxes, and have a government that doesn't nanny the hell out of you, and enjoy nicer weather/more individual liberties

Other urls found in this thread:

torontolife.com/city/allah-in-the-cafeteria/
canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/lyme-disease/risk-lyme-disease.html#a1
cbc.ca/news/health/lone-star-tick-allergy-1.4215708
cbc
archive.is/2nzYm
youtube.com/watch?v=b_XxghBdbB8
migrationpolicy.org/article/canadian-immigrants-united-states
canadaimmigrants.com/us-immigrants-to-canada/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow meme so epik :-DD

How is it a meme to talk about the fact that the Canadian job market is fucking terrible and if you can find a job you get paid WAY less money for it, only to spend way more money on everything you need to survive (housing, food, transportation, etc.) than you would in the US?

I'm a dual citizen and I can confirm: 90% of Canadians are trash (hell, 30% aren't even born inside geographical Canada anymore) and all of the good ones, despite how much shit they talk about the US, always end up in the US. Traffic does not go the other way. Canada us an archeytpe communist state hiding behind selective enforcement, and I actually used to date this girl who's dad did cybersecurity for CSIS: Canadian government spys on its citizens a lot more than any western government

>30% aren't even born inside geographical Canada anymore
Is that how low the birth rate is in Canada vs. all citizens? No wonder they passed bill C-37 to limit it to the first generation born outside of Canada from 2009 onward.

As a lifelong leaf I ask myself the same question on a daily basis. I am struggling with the idea of emigrating to the USA due to "abandoning" my family.

They won't be convinced to move. But god damn it I cannot stay here any longer.

On a related note, what kind of man would raise a child in Canada nowadays? Public schools forcing both LGBT and Muslim bullshit down your children's throats and parental intervention can easily lead to "child abuse" aka them kidnapping your child for using the word fag.

I hate the kikes that ruined what could have been a great new nation state. Fuck Trudeau.

:'DD man haha

I lived in Canada until I was 10 and got my US citizenship (I'm 29 now) only 2 girls from my old school have kids, litterally 2. In the US I think I know about 9 from high school. Also despite growing up in affluent areas significantly more of my Canadian friends still live at home, which is so much sadder for the women as they basically have 5 years tops to have all of the children they will ever have, meanwhile hajis and chinks are having like 4 by they time they are mid twenties

>citizenship at 10
Were your parents green card holders or something?

It's a lot easier to live on your own in the US so long as you don't go to somewhere with inflated rent/housing markets (e.g. NYC metro and San Francisco/bay area). If you can get a decent job, housing costs are far more affordable while the pay is better than equivalent jobs in Canada. I couldn't imagine having to work in Vancouver on a regular basis.

Us is infested with ticks that carry Lyme. You have gangs fucking every where. Mass shootings at least once a week terrorist attacks once a month.

Yeah sounds like a great fucking place to live. Sign me up...

They take kids to mosques and show them how to pray to Allah on field trips now. If not that, the school just turns into a mosque. torontolife.com/city/allah-in-the-cafeteria/

>go to States
>get shot

yeah, no thanks

>lyme disease
Canada has them too
canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/lyme-disease/risk-lyme-disease.html#a1

and now you guys have the Lone Star Tick that can make you allergic to red meat as well:
cbc.ca/news/health/lone-star-tick-allergy-1.4215708

>You have gangs fucking every where
user, pls. Not everywhere is Compton or Detroit.

>Mass shootings at least once a week terrorist attacks once a month.
Last terrorist attack was in March and terrorism happens in large countries, Canada included. Mass shootings aren't common either. You're more likely to die of a heart attack or in a car accident than you are from a mass shooting, by far.

I make 3 times as much down here.

Below the age of 30, Canada isn't white anymore. Flee while you can

Let's archive that

>cbc ca/news/health/lone-star-tick-allergy-1.4215708
archive.is/2nzYm

oh no we're teaching our kids culture!!!

Canadian propaganda dude, seriously it's not that bad here they have a vested interest in making America look like trash and to prop up your police state (yes, your laws are actually worse than ours) I am a US veteran and went back to Canada out of the fake idea that it was some how more "free" and left as soon as I got done (actually transfered the last of my seat courses to a US school as I couldn't bare doing a full 4 years in Ottawa). As an active duty combat veteran with 2 tours, I was placed lowed in the pecking order than a Canadian reservist born in god damn Pakistan who never even deployed, got payed 12/hr and his starting pay was 20. You guys shit all over your veterans, and care even less about those who served with the US (as the wait time for Canadian military at least 10 years ago was 2-3 years for a lot of jobs, many Canadians who could served in the US forces instead)

stop falling for the major city meme..the entire rest of the country is perfect

Kys faggot usa is a roiting cesspool no one wants to live in except wet backs.

I'm leaving as soon as I graduate (staying for that free tuition)
I found a super qt3.14 to marry
peace canadastan

youtube.com/watch?v=b_XxghBdbB8

The chance of getting killed in a mass shooting is 0.00000143%. Your odds of dying in the discharge of a firearm is 1 in 6,905 or 0.014482259%, bearing in mind those statistics are inflated (law enforcement, criminals, people who store or handle guns that they own/have access to carelessly are often the victims).

Wetbacks > Pakis. At least Spics have family values and are I would say the best Marines I ever served with, pakis are subhuman shit

weeee hoooooo I'm a burgerlard, my country is totally not a cucked up nightmare owned by jews. Ya'll should be more like me canada!

All of us are having babies and working, haha, look we are normal!!! hahaha!!! yea usa rocks XD

Most rich people leave Canada to live in the US, I definitely wouldn't live her but unfortunately I have to given our shitty housing circumstances.

>cheapest place to rent in this city is 1400 dollars
>utilities are another 200
>internet is 80
>garbage pickup is 120 monthly
>phone bill is 40

I literally have no money to save and move with, Only hope here in Canada is to get a degree, live somewhere until you can afford to go to the states and then leave. Canada is oinly for immigrants to work in and send money back home.

Even our video games are gonna start costing 90-100 dollars
I work for Amsoil and it's costing us 30 dollars more per case than it used to because our dollar is ass.

IDGAF, then stay in a communist nanny state because you are affraid of the jew controled media you fucking pussy. And just an FYI, stop wearing the leaf when you go to Europe, Europeans don't know the difference between leafs and burgers and the ones who do think you are the biggest pussys on the plannet, there is a reason the French took over your role as peace keepers you have the fattest gayest army in NATO

>couldn't bare

I live in Vancouver but my business is based in LA and operates in a few locations around America. I couldn't even do what I do in Canada because it has such a limited economy. There is no more national mobility here and, as you said OP, jobs don't pay shit.

Sometimes I will hop on Craigslist and look at the job postings just to see how much people are paying for certain types of gigs and the average salary for like an office worker or a filing clerk or a graphic designer haven't risen in the 10 years its been since I was working shitty jobs.

America is the land of opportunity and I'm proud to be creating jobs in your country and participating in Mr. Trump's economic revival.

Hard to get high paying jobs in many industries outside of the major cities in Canada. US tolerates more remote work and generally has cities with more affordable rents/better wages for same position.

The US has its own issues but it is miles better than the situation in Canada.

Sad to hear that user, so many companies kill you in Canada. Rent is expensive, power is expensive, auto insurance is expensive, home internet/cellular service is expensive, and the wages were lower. I have no idea how the majority of Canadians cope with it.

Usa is MUCH better than Canada at this point
In fact, for insulting my homeland, you get to be dragged in front of the human rights tribunal
Faggot

Did I hit a nerve?

If the US is so bad, why to 3/4 of a million to a million people immigrate from Canada to the US each year?

migrationpolicy.org/article/canadian-immigrants-united-states

And why do only about a third of that go from the US to Canada?
canadaimmigrants.com/us-immigrants-to-canada/

Rich people, by and large, call the shots in America. In Canada, the country is run by government workers who enjoy a different type of social class here with easy work, lifetime job security, guaranteed pensions and plenty of time off. Regular people who work shitty jobs and barely get by are the ones who pay their wages. Every single national policy is ultimately geared to benefit government workers.

Why else would Canada want a population of 100,000,000 people by 2100? It ensures a vast expansion of the public service and a whole lot of people stuck on the bottom kicking their wages up to the government workers.

My step sister works for BC Hydro and makes about $130,000 a year and can't even explain to you what she actually does at her job. She says it's like summer camp and they just kinda hang out all day, go to meetings, chit chat and do little group exercises. She sees absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Yeah luckily I am nowhere near the hellhole that is southern Ontario. Are you? I spent a weekend in Toronto a few months ago, I hated it. The people, the clusterfuck of transportation, the high-priced shit, the "Toronto Daily Kike News" being on 24/7 at every Hotel/Airport/Store. Just awful.

Rural Canada is still comfy but not for long.

Jeez, that sounds horrible. It sounds like institutions get carte blanche to fuck you hard in Canada, and if you get in with one of them you can have a comfy job, and everyone else suffers for it.

>She sees absolutely nothing wrong with this?
Other than the unsustainable nature of the whole thing? Really? Wow.

If I didn't have customers that were willing to pay my employer a shitload of money for my time (and I get a nice paycheck in turn) I sure as hell wouldn't voluntarily be going to Canada to work. To visit as a tourist, maybe, but not for work.

>In Canada, the country is run by government workers who enjoy a different type of social class here with easy work, lifetime job security, guaranteed pensions and plenty of time off. Regular people who work shitty jobs and barely get by are the ones who pay their wages. Every single national policy is ultimately geared to benefit government workers

My boss is Russian he calls them the Canadian Nomenklatura.

>Trudeau gets praise for the government "creating jobs"
>it's all do-nothing government clerical jobs
Canada is mostly fast food employees and overpaid civil servants. The waste at the government level is vast

No one wants to live in Canada, only third worlders do because its slightly better than the life they had in the shithole they came from.

every educated white canadian I know leave the country the moment they are able to. It's only poorfags that stay here that make up some excuse to why they haven't left yet, usually they're just lazy.

Many Canadians actually live right across the border so they can live as psuedo us citizens buying all their stuff from the US.

there are tons of gangs in toronto and vancouver, we just have a smaller population so there aren't that many but its growing due to the influx of refugees.

>Many Canadians actually live right across the border so they can live as psuedo us citizens buying all their stuff from the US.

What's the general duty reentering canada?You have to pay duty plus HST on most goods right?

I hear with alcohol in excess of the limit, it's still massively cheaper to cross the border and declare it honestly than it is to buy it in Canada.

Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fakeCanada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fakeCanada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fakeCanada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake Canada is fake

>very educated white canadian I know leave the country the moment they are able to. It's only poorfags that stay here that make up some excuse to why they haven't left yet, usually they're just lazy.

truth

Planning on moving to the states once I finish school and save up some money. (Got ~$18k burgerbux so far) It's just so much cheaper. A 1bed/1bath house costs the same as a 3bed/2bath in a similar American city.

What do you guys think the best state to live in is? I'm thinking maybe washington, texas, or florida, though I'm no expert in geography.

There aren't many duty fees between canada and the US. Basically just alcohol and tobacco. You do have to pay HST in provinces that have it though.

>>places that are desirable to live (Vancouver, Toronto

well that's incorrect, neither of those places are desirable. Give me a comfy town with a population of a couple 100k at most. Cheaper property and houses too.

I like our healthcare system and outdoors.

That being said I have a Canadian friend (lives in Canada) but works in the states for Amazon. Brings in a shitload of money, bought his own house at 27 paid the whole thing off right away. But he also lived at home until then.

it depends on what your priorities are, what climate you want, etc.

new york and california are cucked as fuck liberally as a general rule, but you end up a little outside the bay area or NYC metro and you end up in trump territory real quick, so stereotyping the entire state isn't really justified. at the same time, state rules (e.g. new york not having a castle doctrine law) can impact you regardless of where you live.

Texas has some nice areas and as far as traveling across the US has a nice location (e.g. flights within North America generally won't exceed four hours). the middle is fucking big, you can do 130km/hr and still be in texas after driving for eight hours. certain parts are way more liberal than others. I was never a huge fan of houston because the traffic is horrible and so are the summers due to heat. nice thing about texas is no state income tax (although you pay federal).

washington is a nice state but I don't know as much about it. you might be better served if you're seriously interested making a separate thread on Sup Forums or /trv/ (or commenting on a related thread).

what's your major? job opportunities can dictate a lot of things. some jobs are okay with working remote, but most jobs are going to want you to come into the office for the start of your career. That will probably narrow down your choices.

Found the shitskin.

The only people who stay have family ties here.

I considered working in the States on a TN Visa but my entry experience is limited. I only get calls from recruiters and some even scoff at the idea that I don't have US citizenship. Some even claim that they never heard of the TN Visa before.

I'm assuming you need 3 plus years experience before any company can take you seriously.

Got a mechanical engineering degree so I'm sure I'd qualify.

okay, let me rephrase a little here:

Toronto and Vancouver are desirable in the sense that most of the higher paying jobs (which compared to US pay for the same jobs is shit) are in those places for many industries, particularly in the financial sector for Toronto.

Test

TEST FAILED ABORT ABORT

Then I'd have to deal with faggots like you burger trash

Hey my dude I've got a bachelors in chemistry can't find shit over here. I don't know how work permit stuff works or anything, but if I look for a job in the states and someone is willing to hire me is it possible after I have been confirmed that I would have the job to then apply or do I need to do that stuff before I begin applying for jobs. Would my gf be able to join me over there or would be have to be married?

If you camp out in your car for a day you get a bigger allowance to spend before they charge tax + duty.

Pretty much everything is automatically cheaper because all the stuff that is bought sold in canada has border processing fees and various taxes added to the price.

When bought in Canada alchohol is taxed by the amount, theres also beer and environmental tax and a whole bunch of other fees, it will always be cheaper to buy in the US. Bootlegging is still a thing between the US/Canada border.

>Why would anyone with a higher education and Canadian citizenship WANT to stay in Canada instead of going to the states?
Niggers. It's always niggers. And before you say
>but Canada has niggers too!
Not to the degree the US does

Well I don't have a degree in the financial sector. Ideally I'd like to get a job with the local municipality of whichever city.

the TN visa is limited because it is limited to certain job categories and is not a dual intent visa. It's more typical of larger companies to go for it to transfer people they already have to do work in the states. H1-B and L-1 can be used with dual intent and can be used for any country. TN is also limited to certain job roles. Engineer is such a role. if you have at least a bachelor's you can apply for TN status at the border for $50 USD for a three year visa (and renew indefinitely), the catch being that you need to have an existing job (and then company says you're working for them in the states) or a job offer in the states in order to apply.

You can get a TN visa at the border in under an hour. (for Canadians they typically just note TN status on their computers).

That's the problem. I've been layed off since the oil crash. There is no way to find job at an engineering company in order to transfer. I've given up searching. I wish all Canadians good luck in escaping this hellhole.

Blacks are .016 percent of the population. For all the crying about oppression in the United States none of them want to come up here.

Yeah, that's basically possible. To get you into the states your employer basically has two options assuming you are not an inter-company transfer and a manager:

1) They apply for you to get H1-B. Larger employers will be willing to incur the cost for this. Spouses and dependent children are under H4 status, you'd have to be married. They basically say there is no qualified talent in the US for whatever reason (e.g. some unique experience you have) and then hire you. Sometimes for starter jobs H1-B can be harder.

2) If you're willing to go for TN status and the employer is, then once the employer tenders a job your spouse can enter under a TD visa, but again, spouse = you have to be married. You apply at the border with the paperwork and can get it in under an hour.

The trouble can be getting past HR filters for your resume to reach the right people. If you can clear HR and get an interview, your US work authorization would be dependent on getting TN status. Basically, with an offer letter/filled application and $50 + a trip to the border, you can get TN status and lawfully enter the US for work purposes. Three years + infinite three year renewals. If your application has shortcomings, border services officers typically highlight them and then you can go back and try again.

Well what area is your degree? Is it at least a bachelors degree?

2 PERCENT OF THE GDP IS LITERALLY REAL ESTATE COMMISSIONS AND FEES.

5 PERCENT OF THE GDP IS FUCKING KITCHEN RENOVATIONS

Petroleum in the US is not hiring like they used to but prices are recovering, have you looked at oil companies in the states? It's far cheaper to get a candidate in on TN status than H1-B, and it's not dependent on the candidate getting lucky with the H1-B lottery (where there are so many valid applications that many valid ones are rejected because of bad luck). TN isn't subject to cap, the timings of the lottery, and results of said lottery like H1-B.

No culture to be found there man, only hatred for the west

Yeah, it is still tough to land a job. I only have 1.5 years experience.

I know there is no cap on TN, but companies are not keen to hire someone out of state let alone a different country if the experience is minimal. So TN in my opinion is pointless for entry level jobs.

I also know of companies here in Canada that would try to hire an American on TN rather than a Canadian with minimal experience. This country is a fucking joke. Just a 1 sided ass rape.

Are there any booming industries that desperately need engineers or technicians?

Thanks for the advice (and trips).

I'm doing a book keeping program, so there's plenty of jobs that can be done either remotely or in an office. Washington is probably my best bet, it's close to where I live already so I can still see family and lots of outdoorsy type stuff, plus legal open carry and castle doctrine.

>tfw the government doesn't want to fix the foreign buyer problem because it gets a 6% transfer tax

they don't

robotics and automotive maybe? not my area of expertise to tell you what's in demand or what would apply to you :-(

I'd fuck off to burger land immediately if offered.