Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MG_2quVSXs0
youtube.com/watch?v=VRhgdVrj6kY
youtube.com/watch?v=6sV_W5nFmjA
youtube.com/watch?v=N2J9Wn6l1kM
pewsocialtrends.org/2013/06/13/a-survey-of-lgbt-americans/7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

>refute a metaphysical concept without resorting to pointing out the innate personality flaws in the cult-like followers of said concept

Yeah we are all bunch of monkeys

You have made a simple observation: The non-existence of god, into a way of life.

Explain how this isn't simply a new Religion under the guise of not having one.

Apes actually.

Just primates actually

>well you see it is actually a lack of belief. as an enlightened atheist, i dont BELIEVE in ANYTHING, I KNOW EVERYTHING!
atheism is what happens when you give young males brain damage and remove the context from their lives through mass media.

Where's the priests or doctrine?

>Everything that happened, happened because of no reason. The whole universe came out of nowhere and basically, 'life finds a way' an sheit. We wuz fishes an sheit cuz.

Yeah, don't see why people need to refute it. You people refuted it yourselves. Ironically enough, atheifags constantly bitch about religious people believing in 'magic' whereas in truth, they themselves believe in 'magic', 'chance', etc. the most.

How about you stop bitching about something you don't believe in the first place? Every time an atheifag talks about religion, its actually a subconscious cry for help cause their life doesn't make any sense to them.

Trying to explain what gods are to a materialist is like trying to explain algebra to a 7 year old. It's
theoretically possible, but I'm sure as hell not gonna try to phonepost it.

Because nobody can explain why the Big Bang happened. Also even without all the matter in the universe there is still a 3D environment that exists, and this environment had to be created by something. There is irrefutable proof that "something" created the 3D space which matter exists, but I can't tell you what that creator is.

I always love how ass burned Christians get at the thought of WHITE atheists but never question the 100 million nonwhite spics and niggers who go to church

You cant naturally create the universe or explain consciousness

And how exactly has it been made into a way of life?

Holy shit these are some bad arguments. No wonder why Christianity is dying in the intelligent west.

Classic Ken Ham level of intelligence

Ask God whether he exists. Pretty simple actually.

Humans are capable of overcoming the morality they and other advanced animals evolved with. Therefore, humans need some motivation to stay moral. If that motivation is just something vague like happiness in 10 years or a good society for your children, you're going to abandon it for instant gratification. Religion solves this problem. There might be other solutions, but atheism offers none. Atheism simply removes old systems and replaces them with nothing, i.e., it's a destructive force, not a constructive.

The law of conservation of mass states that matter cannot be created or destroyed. If you universe magically just popped into existance out of nowhere, it would defy the laws of physics as we know it. So either it's actually possible to create matter, and it happened some how, or some higher being or some event that we can not observe or understand was responsible. And if you ask me, conservation of mass seems like a pretty solid law.

>The law of conservation of mass
There's no such law. You're thinking of the conservation of energy, but that'd be a moot point, since the sum energy across everything might very well be zero.

Christian autism is one of the strangest things you'll see on Sup Forums. Any image of a righteous solemn DEUS VULT crusader in Templar armor is instantly broken when you take two seconds to argue with the Christians on this board. I don't see it anywhere else. It's like they adopt Christianity just because they think it's a counterculture to the degeneracy of the world

mecca 9/11 is a documented paranormal event.

Refuting not believing in something?
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
People do not try to refute that people are atheists, so that's a stupid thing to demand a refutation of.

>atheism
Invented by Jews

Well, im certainly not a physicist, but I still feel as though saying the universe just sort of existed at some point with no explanation as to how it got there is a stupid idea.

Maybe niggers, I am proud Neanderthal

even Einstein believed in God.

Atheists are just scientologists that haven't heard about xenu yet, You are a cultist I have a personal relationship with God outside of any denomination.

Can i save this picture, sir?

>White
Most of atheists are jews.

>In the intelligent west
Do you actually think believing in nothing increases your IQ?

Your priests are Bill Nye and Neil Degrasse Tyson and your doctrine is "science"

Use science to explain this one please.

youtube.com/watch?v=MG_2quVSXs0

Nobody cares but we all think you should kill yourself for being a fucking fedora faggot anyway.

No need, atheism is self refuting

Of course you can't refute the non-existence of a believe in something. However not believing in god(s) doesn't mean that you can't believe in stupid bullshit that is even crazier than [insert theistic religion of your choice].

The only thing we need for a university to exist is physical laws. Most of the energy of a vacuum is created by pairs of particles popping into existence and disappearing as right away as they collide. There can be an asymmetry in these pairs, in which case the particles might stay in existence. This is, for instance, expected to happen between two metal plates attracting each other when they're put extremely close to each other. The asymmetry comes up, since there's room for only certain types of pairs to form. We can assume that big bang might be some such asymmetry, but on a gargantuan scale. In that case the universe would have been empty to begin with, and the energy would be zero now as it was then.

All I usually see here is faggots like you claiming their intellectual superiority, but there's no actual debate going on.

>Refute Christianity without Christcuck memes

It would either have to involve philosophical debate or a debate about evolutionism-creation
Mah dood.

>Your priests are Bill Nye and Neil Degrasse Tyson and your doctrine is "science"
Please let me know how you came to that answer.

>Most of atheists are jews.

Wrong

But most Christians ARE shitskins, fact.

There's no debate because you people never wanted debate, atheism is the largest threat to your failing religion, not the Muslims or the shitskins who practice it.

You can't conclusively refute atheism itself any more than you can conclusively prove any given belief system, but you can definitely refute a lot of the edgy nihilistic worldviews of "nu-athiests"

>It's like they adopt Christianity just because they think it's a counterculture to the degeneracy of the world
That's fine. The culture needs to be countered. I'd advise ethnic pagan religion for that purpose, but that's as good a reason as any. The objective man is kept alive only by the protection of the practical man.

ape not kill ape

Atheism is the true holy faith. Your persistent belief in God disappoints him, for he is nature beyond nature, and more honored by reason than blindness. He is an opener of eyes and a power overwhelming. Whenever you think of fighting in God's defense as valuable, you are blaspheming against omnipotence, for God has no need of you.
Refute THAT.

Fundamentally, Atheism is the belief that the entirety of existence can be explained through physical science. The claim then becomes that something is only "real" if it can be proven through the scientific method. A thought is only a thought because we can see the neurons firing in a certain pattern, etcetera. Atheists then extrapolate the claim that since they cannot prove a metaphysical force, none exists.

This falls victim to one of the most classic logical fallacies and flaws of scientific inquiry: extrapolation. Anytime your model uses a small sample to define a pattern and then applies the patterns to a large or infinite sample, you're no longer doing science.

By definition, we cannot define or prove a metaphysical concept. At best we can operate on the fringes of science to feebly chart universal truths. But certainly, and without fail, these universal truths exist. The fundamental mistake of atheism is separating the physical from the metaphysical. Animals do not make this mistake. The yin and yang must operate together, and believing yourself better or smarter than the metaphysics of life is foolish.

Lets look at the most classic example you find with atheists: having children. Like ants carrying leaves in a single file or birds flying in a V, strange forces swirl within our psyche driving us to procreate. Can you explain the emotions with hormones? Yes. Can you understand the evolutionary impetus of said hormonal response? Probably. But can you ignore the metaphysical urge to see your progeny succeed and your family grow, without sacrificing a life well lived? You cannot.

Life is a lot of grey areas. Many things are neither good nor bad. But as you reach both ends of the spectrum, you encounter true evil, and you find true goodness. You can ruin your life or live it well, and religion is the collective metaphysic guiding human beings through the space in between.

There's no debate, because nobody tries to address the actual arguments, like the one I made earlier. It's far easier to just say your group is right and the other group is wrong.

prove its a bad argument you dumb faggot.

Proofs?

"God does not exist" is just as provable of a statement as "God exists"

Done.

*Wanks*
Refute THIS, Christcucks!
*Has a euphoric cummy when nobody does it*
Ahhhhh... I am enlightened by my own inteligence...

Bill Nye fans should get a kick out of this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=VRhgdVrj6kY

There's a big semantic difference between agnostic atheism (I don't know if any gods exist, but I don't believe in any in particular) and gnostic atheism (I know for a fact that no gods exist)

Underrated best post in the thread. This is my current struggle. I'm an atheist but I know that religion is necessary for the masses. Do I put on the mask and lie to everyone so that I can encourage society to be good? Or do I continue to do what I think is right and let things degrade?

Its less religion and more a moral code.

Heres another Great Bill Nye Clip
youtube.com/watch?v=6sV_W5nFmjA

If there was no religion I'd be dissecting humans trying to figure out how to start them again.

Most athiests from experience are a bunch of islamic apologists .

Which of these describes your belief about truth?
1. Absolute truth exists
2. Absolute truth does not exist
3. Who can know if absolute truth exists?
4. IDGAF if absolute truth exists?

Not believing does not automatically make you better or smarter than anyone else. You are still a sad pile of genetic mishaps masturbating in a corner.

Recovering fedoralord here.
Agnosticism is the only true intellectual position. The existence or non existence of God is ultimately unknowable and anyone who claims any differently is either a liar, an ignoramus or insane. Prove me wrong

Ok
Its autism
There, no fedora needed

but really though someone tell me where this camera crew is.

Then you are a sick individual. The lack of a religion isnt thr problem, its you.

this that you user?

We are not talking about me mate.

Tell me where this camera crew has gone.

Don't believe in a god?
Good for you pal,I hope you let us have our beliefs just like you have yours
Good day

hominidae = apes

Also I have never hurt anyone because Jesus The Lord has saved me.

There are no good reasons to believe God first exist. Until you can refute all arguments for the existence of a God, and provide a positive argument that he doesn't exist, the absolute best you can logically hope for is agnosticism.

Not an argument, why are christcucks so butthurt?

>hey boy, I heard you were talking shit about atheism!

shitty acting but it gave me an /x/ boner nonetheless

like everything needs a why

You cant supernaturally create one either

>that pic
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence retard, this isn't an argument. By your logic we should let crazy people believe they're Napoleon instead of locking them up, they just have their own beliefs too, they're no different than us xDDD epic

Atheists claim intelligence as their domain, not realising that the intellectual response is to actually accept that there is a probability of the existence of a higher power. We just don't have the tools, thinking and understanding of scope to ever comprehend what that could be.

You can't prove that goes exists, but you also can't prove god doesn't exist. Arguing about it is literally pointless, theists have faith in a god, athiests have faith in no god. What you should be arguing is "Are the values taught by Jesus good and worth following or immoral and not worth following?"

That might be a bit difficult to most atheists that can't stomach to read a book that they claim to hate so much.

Saying that, the irony of the religion of atheism is one of this life's little pleasures. They even have their own holy text.

>getting worked up over a meme.jpg
I am Napoleon btw

Believing in God is a primal instinct humans have. Those who aren't smart enough to see past it will go to great lengths trying to make sense of it through religiosity, i don't blame them

>realising that the intellectual response is to actually accept that there is a probability of the existence of a higher power.
There could be, but theres no proof nor can you prove the metaphysical, so why bother believing in thought exercises?

>just memeing guys xDDD
Lol

I'm an atheist.
I've read the bible countless times.
I simply have no need to adhere to the morality written in it because I am capable of creating my own morality. I inherently know it's wrong to kill or harm other people, because I have empathy. I know it's wrong to steal because I do not want to be stolen from myself. I know I should turn the other cheek in many situations because many people are not in control of their own thoughts and actions and act out of impulse and they can't but help do what they do. I don't need Jesus or Buddha or Odin to tell me that, my own brain tells me that.

Pay depths Muslim moor

Unfalsifiable claim just like theism. You can't objectively state "God exists" nor can you objectively state "God does not exist" because we do not have the scientific tools to measure the existence of God. The only logical answer is agnosticism.

>pro tip

Exactly

>Because nobody can explain why the Big Bang happened.
>Yeah we are all bunch of monkeys

Evolution and Cosmic Inflation have nothing to do with non-belief in made-up gods.

>Trying to explain what gods are to a materialist is like trying to explain algebra to a 7 year old.
You've got it backwards. Religion is for people with the minds of children. Listening to them explain their gods is exactly like listening to a child explain differential equations.

Why does that make you an atheist? All you are describing is the lack of an organised religion, not the absence of a higher power.

An Ancient jewish book that is easily disproven. Science stating you are a hybrid between your grandparents bone structure that is easily tested and proven.

You tell me how you don't come to that answer. I've never met a fucking atheist that bad talked science.

Of course you'll get 82%. Jews identify as white people.

Supply and demand. I don't have a demand for a moral compass and have no need for the supply of higher power guidance.

dunno if you noticed or not but it is not we who are being killed by paranormal happenings and our lives are not falling apart as everyone elses is.

youtube.com/watch?v=N2J9Wn6l1kM

Willing to wager on that ?

Check out the Picture.

Easy. If you are an atheist you are just as bad, if not worse, than a theist.

An atheist is SO SURE there's no god. How? How can you be sure? You just know? You believe there isn't one? Sounds a lot like religious people, doesn't it?

The reason why believing in a higher power is more reasonable than atheism is that how did everything get here? What started it all? What reasonable person would believe that the Earth would form to be perfect to sustain life and allow intelligent beings to evolve?

Realistically, agnostics are the most "intellectual" in that they recognize the inherent flaws in having an opinion one way or another that some higher power exists when there's no proof supporting either conclusion. So, atheists are probably the dumbest of the whole group.

See

>Are the values taught by Jesus good and worth following or immoral and not worth following?
How would you make such value judgments without a predefined value system? Atheists tend to be Christians for the most part. They just leave the believing in god out of it. You can't really give a logical reason why we shouldn't execute provably guilty murderers. It comes down to the divinity of man as bible tells it, but somehow most atheists would still be against the capital punishment. Then there are things like the good of an individual and the good of the greater society. Why should anyone strive for the good of the society, instead of their own good? Or the contrary?

I think the values of Christianity are quite good, since western countries have a very strong Christian background and they turned up quite nicely. Better than most others, that's for sure. We could try to somehow predict what kind of future some set of norms and values would bring about, but history has shown that the values of Christianity are already quite functional. It would make sense to further refine them to keep up the evolution, but I think it'd be foolish to ditch them completely.

>I am capable of creating my own morality
No you're not.
>I inherently know it's wrong to kill or harm other people, because I have empathy.
Why should empathy stop you from killing those who are threats to you? You could argue that the Chinese are driving climate change and so they're directly endangering you. Then it would make sense to kill them all. Your current morality would stop you from doing this, but your empathy certainly wouldn't. A woman killing a snake that's threatening her child certainly feels no empathy towards the snake.
>I know it's wrong to steal because I do not want to be stolen from myself.
Why should you stealing from others have an effect of whether or not someone else tries to steal from you? Are you saying other people would have the same kind of morality as you?

Nearly half of all LGBT adults are atheist, compared to 4% of the general population.
pewsocialtrends.org/2013/06/13/a-survey-of-lgbt-americans/7

>You can't objectively state "God exists" nor can you objectively state "God does not exist" because we do not have the scientific tools to measure the existence of God.
First, if the theists cannot prove their gods exist, then there is nothing for atheists to disprove.

>The only logical answer is agnosticism.
It is not logical. Believers in the current gods do not believe in the thousands of past gods. None of us believe those were real gods. This suggest that, as time passes, the current gods will join the non-existence of the previous gods

Based on a perfect track record, the strong inductive evidence is that all gods eventually fade into obscurity.

Finally, believers say that when they die, they will be closer to their gods. Atheists agree. When we die, we become non-existent - just like their gods.

It's not fine. Christianity is not just a religion that is to be followed because of it's use. That's a modernist argument that is too often used by right-wing atheists. Christianity is the one true faith and the absolute truth and anyone who says anything else can fuck off

Your pretendimg you understand reality - same as the christcucks