Why do some people cut themselves? Also why does it seem like females do it more than males...

Why do some people cut themselves? Also why does it seem like females do it more than males? I don't understand what you get out of cutting yourself. If your life is really depressing, I don't see how adding the physical pain of cuts and the scars, is making it better, seems to just be making it worse. I can understand killing yourself though.

they want to be tigers. rawr xDDD

It transforms uncontrolled psychological pain into controlled physical pain. Pretty relaxing, too. I tell you, there's nothing like having a good fap while running a razor over your legs.

This guy gets it

aside from that, it internalized destructive behaviors so nobody else has to deal with your stupid bullshit. its better to break yourself than to break other peoples stuff, or worse, other people.

attention

this. I dabbled in it but I liked it too much and it was too much of a slippery slope into full blown mental illness for me. plus the scars are NOT a badge of honor to anyone except fellow emotional wrecks. anyone remotely emotionally stable is going to look at you like a methhead.

cut deeper next time faggot

Self harm releases endorphins, which are the body's pain killers. Emotional pain is registered the same way as physical pain is, so cutting yourself essentially uses the release of endorphins from physical pain to relieve an underlying emotional pain.

Partially attention, partially a transformation from perceived pain that can't be dealt with to actual pain. It's also a control thing.

It makes you a fucking maniac as well.

I have known two people who did it and they both only did so during episodes of psychosis, and wouldn't have much memory of it afterwards.

It's pain you can control. I mean, use your brain.

they cut themselves because they are mentally ill, abnormal psychology.

Emotions. The pain makes them forget about them feels. Instead of exercise they cut them self.

attention

Ask them

reddit.com/r/selfharmpics

Cutters are just trannies-in-training, practicing to lop off their genitalia in one fell swoop of complete batshit craziness.

Weakilings who can't deal with real life problems

>Emotional pain is registered the same way as physical pain is

Registered by what? Clearly people know when they are experiencing sadness and when they have been stabbed or stung by a bee. So how can you believe theses distinct phenomena are "registered" the same way?

self-hate

girls are more repressed and overthink stuff

Yeah you think slitting a vein would kill you but it wont.
The blood will cot way before that.
But nice shit post nigger.

>Partially attention,
Good thing I wear long sleeves and cut on my thigh
WEW other wise someones ego would think I cut for them.

Not if you hit an artery. When I kill myself I'm going for the carotid.

Thats from rope

That just fucks up your tendons and makes it harder for you to use your arm and hands.
Nice try though.

The pain makes your brain react by releasing endorphins... They legit get "high" by cutting themselves...

Your brain. Those details don't matter, they could be made up to simply explain why.

People who are emotional neurotic messes cut because it gives them a temporary release. Cutting yourself will leave scar after scar that will eventually stop healing properly. It's also not a proper way to cope with your problems.

Turning to drugs, alcohol, cutting, etc... are all destructive coping mechanisms that provide temporary relief short term and serious destruction long term.

Attention

Yes, this.
Also this. (only the first sentence)

I agree that some people might do it for attention, but in my experience this is a very small group.

If only it was that simple, sigh -__-

Self-hatred, sometimes.

What could be edgier than using a literal edge to permanently imprint little edge-marks all over ones body? It's far edgier than a tattoo

they try to drown their processing with something more important at the moment (physical injury)
absolutely degenerate. Even alcoholism would be better.

I'm dating a girl who's self-harmed. As soon as she showed me them, I wanted to just run, I've lost all interest in her

i dated a girl for a couple months and found out she did this (or had done it earlier in her life) and i asked her about it, she said it made her feel alive or some shit when she was depressed, like the pain was grounding and drew her thoughts away from suicide.

She gave great head and always swallowed my loads but she was crazy, I had to dump her after a few months, she was neurotic and the most insecure person I'd ever met, couldn't take a compliment, always thought I was cheating on her or looking at other women, shit was a headache.

Better hit the neck and the thights then do some cardio to get the blood flowing.
Other wise its not going to work.

This. I did it to myself when in college because I had shit chemical imbalance in my brain from taking MDMA every other day for four months straight. Some personal event happened that opened the floodgates, and to cope my brain shut off all emotional feelings. Felt like xanax/antidepressants 24/7. Working out would release endorphins, but too few too slow. In my desperate bid to feel anything, I started cutting. It works, but you build a tolerance, and my cuts got deeper. Only when I immobilized myself did I see it was an issue. It's only a bandaid to the deeper psychological issues going on. And everyone at the time regards you as a psycho, cuz really that's what you are in that moment.

All people that do this are stupid faggots.

Jesus Christ, just hit the gym. What the fuck d'you need to cut yourself for? Goddamn crackas

>Why do they do it

They get to be drama queens and feel special

its probably another disease of over-civilized society. Like animals in the zoo ripping their fur

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
>inba shoot yourself with smaller bullets to build up resistance

I did it just to feel pain

because females are attention seeking whores

I did it once when I was really really drunk listening to sad music when I was 19. Woke up the next day and felt like a massive faggot. Luckily I didn't go too deep so they healed up pretty well. It was basically just a cry for help, I just wanted somebody to ask me whats wrong and feel concerned for me. It was a selfish move, and I assume that's how it is for most people.

I think everybody knows that one girl with cuts all up and down her legs/arms.

Because they're faggots.

Every time you see "cutting" it's ALWAYS being ADVERTISED.

You NEVER hear of someone cutting themselves privately and NOT telling anyone about it or not taking a million pics.

Hope this activated your almonds.

>Why do they do it?
Some people like the pain, others just do it to get noticed.

I cut and burned the shit out of my arms in middle and high school. Probably did it to get some fucking attention as the male middle child in a family of problem causing whores.
It made me feel powerful to leave marks on my skin.