Is aus/pol/ ready?

Is aus/pol/ ready?

abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/uni-sexual-assault-report-to-reveal-extent-of-attacks/8759592

>A long-awaited report into sexual assaults at Australian universities is expected to show that minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.

Can't wait to see how they define 'sexual assault'. No doubt it will be watered down so they can reach a shocking sounding '1 in x' number and demonise male students.

THERE IS NO SEXUAL ASSAULT EPIDEMIC IN AUSTRALIA, NOR ON ITS CAMPUSES.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/eK32S
abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/uni-sexual-assault-report/8762638
humanrights.gov.au/our-work/sex-discrimination/publications/change-course-national-report-sexual-assault-and-sexual
youtube.com/watch?v=RNbf2L7DEvY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's archive it
archive.is/eK32S

Don't mansplain to me!!

Apparently 7% of uni students have been "sexually assaulted".

There are 1,313,776 uni students in Australia, meaning that nearly 100,000 have been victims.

Of those, only a handful would be serious sexual assault, i.e. violent rape. I bet the vast majority are cat calling type things, which really spits in the face of victims of serious crime.

abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/uni-sexual-assault-report/8762638

>University sexual assault report: Half of all students harassed at least once in 2016

This shit can't go unchecked. What are they trying to achieve by filling society with this much unjustified fear?

They just want to import every retarded thing that American SJWs come up with. There's no "campus rape epidemic" at all in Australia (there's none in America either, but there's even less of one here) but they don't want to miss out on any oppression points even if it doesn't make any sense

If you're watching live on ABC News, the woman from the (((Human Rights Commission))) said that Australia had a 1 in 5 number. That's the exact same statistic as America - How can that be possible when we have such different campus cultures and demographics?

I think whats similar is you are SURVEYING uni students, many of whom are activists or have far-left leanings and purposely skew the survey in the same ways.

Could you brownsplain this for me?

Easiest way to solve a problem is to create one when you have a stupid ass idea you can implement as a solution.

The students don't even have to be lying, they ask questions like "have you ever had a sexual experience that you regretted?" and that gets marked down as sexual assault or rape. I never trust surveys like this unless they tell you exactly what questions they asked and who they asked

>unless they tell you exactly what questions they asked and who they asked
Checked.

They're keeping pretty quiet on that so far. The speech was full of individual examples like 'one student had this very specific thing happen to them'. And then proceed to say that 100,000 students have been sexually assaulted with no explanation.

This is about as disingenuous as you could possibly get.

The scariest thing is that they will get away with it, people will take it seriously and if they don't they'll have their character assassinated. The unis will invent a bunch of bullshit jobs for people with toilet paper degrees to deal with the "epidemic".

>>A long-awaited report into sexual assaults at Australian universities is expected to show that minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.
>expected to show that minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.
>minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.

>minorities on campus are more likely to be attacker or harasser.
fixt

Why has no-one thought to fuck these cunts up by throwing paint all over them. The value of both the protest and aesthetics of doing it is surprisingly high.

We need to make a new meme of this with right-wing paintbucket squads.

I'm on my shitty phone that can't load PDF, but the report is here: humanrights.gov.au/our-work/sex-discrimination/publications/change-course-national-report-sexual-assault-and-sexual

Is anyone able to skim through it and see what the questions are?

>1.6% of students reported being sexually assaulted in a university setting (including while travelling to or from university) in
2015 or 2016

>Although no directly comparable data is available, the prevalence and nature of sexual assault and sexual harassment in a
university setting largely corresponds with what is already known about the prevalence and nature of sexual violence in the
broader Australian community

>Our research also revealed that a vast majority of students who were sexually assaulted or sexually harassed in 2015 and
2016 did not make a formal report or complaint to their university.

>Common reasons for this were that students who were sexually assaulted or sexually harassed did not believe their
experience was serious enough to warrant making a report or that they did not know how or where to make a report.
Students were also unlikely to seek support or advice in relation to their experience of sexual assault or harassment, either
from within their university or from external support sources

Thank you.

Check out how the define "sexual harassment":

The most common forms of sexual harassment experienced in a university setting in 2016 were:

• inappropriate staring or leering (14%)
• sexually suggestive comments or jokes (11%), and
• intrusive questions about an individual’s private life or physical appearance (9%).

The types of harassment most commonly experienced differed based on the student’s gender.

• Women (20%) were substantially more likely than men (5%) to have experienced inappropriate staring or leering
atuniversity in 2016.
• Women were also more likely than men to have experienced sexually suggestive comments or jokes and intrusive
questions about their private life or physical appearance.

Trans and gender diverse students were more likely than men or women to report:

• intrusive questions about their private life or physical appearance (29%)
• inappropriate staring or leering (25%), and
• sexually suggestive comments or jokes (24%)

>inappropriate staring or leering
>sexually suggestive comments or jokes
>intrusive questions about an individual’s private life or physical appearance

>minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.
By other minorities. do you think they'll leave that part out?

wew

>white male is the only 'mugshot' type photo
>they've literally changed the lighting, creating dark shadows on his face to make him look like a perpetrator
this is blatant as fuck

>A long-awaited report into sexual assaults at Australian universities is expected to show that minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed.
>expected

It's fucking nothing. Jesus fuck you're convincing me EightChan has a smarter userbase.

>Expected to show.
Oh I bet it is.

This, nothing but monkey see monkey do down under.

They say one in five rather than a percent because its less specific. 1 in 5 = 1 - 39%

By the way 1 in six white children live below the poverty line.

deleted and reposting . . . with better formatting
>Inappropriate commentary, images or lm of you distributed on some form of social media without your consent
>Inappropriate physical contact
>Inappropriate staring or leering that made you feel intimidated
>Intrusive questions about your private life or physical appearance that could be offensive
>Other unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature (excluding online)
>Other unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that occurred online
>Repeated or inappropriate advances on email, social networking websites or internet chat rooms
>Repeated or inappropriate invitations to go out on dates
>Requests or pressure for sex, or other sexual acts
>Sexual gestures, indecent exposure or inappropriate display of the body
>Sexually explicit emails or SMS messages
>Sexually explicit pictures, posters or gifts that made you feel offended
>Sexually suggestive comments or jokes that made you feel offended
>Unwelcome touching, hugging, cornering or kissing
>life or physical appearance that made you feel offended

That last one sure is a fucking doozie

The white has a dark background on purpose

>just finished chemo session
>get message from chickfriend to hang out at bar
>kinda scared about infections in public, but she helped me through my assignments while getting chemo
>have a good chat
>stare across the room for 3 seconds due to headache pain from chemo before reaching for medical sickness bag for the nausea
>girl from across the bar thinks im staring at her
1/4 WOMEN ASSAULTED AT CAMPUS, EPIDEMIC!!!

Holy fuck, can't believe I missed that.

>mattresses
Real rape happens in public -- in parks and alleyways. Fake SJW rape happens when you get drunk and fuck a 6/10 dude on your mattress.

This bit's good as well

>The survey data has been derived from a sample of the target population who were motivated to respond, and who made an autonomous decision to do so. It may not necessarily be representative of the entire university student population

No shit. If you want a survey on such a sensitive issue to have any rigour at all then "voluntary respondents to an online survey" is not the way to go about it

1 in 4 = 1% to 49% range

>is expected to show that minorities on campus are more likely to be attacked or harassed
because they hang around other minorities who are more likely to harass or sexually attack others.

Fuck looking through it it just gets worse and worse. There's no real statistical analysis or rigour to the survey design or anything and issues of potential bias are handwaved away in a single sentence.

I'm not joking when I say that if I tried to submit this when I was doing my undergrad biology degree I would have failed. How does a massive government bureaucracy get away with it?

Ultimately, I'm okay with these farcical surveys because you can accept them as if they represent reality, lay the blame on women's liberation, and propose that the solution is a return to traditional/conservative values.

>How does a massive government bureaucracy get away with it?
By assassinating the character of anyone in a position of power who points out the flaws of the study and their claims.

You can bet any university dean or executive who called bullshit would probably get fired or at least heavily punished. And that's all they really need to do, because they know the media will tow the line. There is literally nothing the public can do to stop it, just look at the 'wage gap' which is the exact same type of lying which can be proven wrong and no one cares. An industry will be created for people with toilet paper degrees to help mitigate the "epidemic" and then their will be hundreds of people whose livelihoods will depend on keeping up the lie, they won't let it die easily.

Right on time...

VICE-CHANCELLOR Professor Brian P. Schmidt AC FAA FRS of the Australian National University is on ABC News supporting the findings of the report.

He's a fucking Nobel laureate in physics!

Is ABC acting like this is breaking news? How the fuck does anyone look at the image of the TV doing that shit in this climate and fall for it?

ABC is running around like a headless chicken.

BUMP

It goes deeper than that. The whiteys are wearing clothing often attributed to lower classes (read criminals) hoody/flanny shirt
That nice black man is wearing a nice clean white collared shirt so he couldn't hurt anyone

The white with the cuck haircut is part of the group too, there's only 1 true target there.

Just got this email from my uni.

Show up and ask hard questions about the data, make sure it is as number specific and statistical as possible.

I'd love to, but I also want to have a future and career.

You can't reason people out of a position they haven't be reasoned into. And God knows their is no reason in that report.

Just come to the US after.

I would so just rock up like "Yeah I've got bitches trying to grab my dick all the time and ask me out it's a total nightmare. Then push rape in a library to ad ridiculum

USA started and leads the world in this shit.

BUMP

My uni is pushing for forced sexual harassment/consent training for all students. As in if you don't do the class you don't get your degree.

I'm fucking livid right now lads, and I can't do shit. If I kick up a fuss I'll never be hired but I can't go against my convictions on this one.

We're posting the "expected" results of research as clickb8 now?
r u joking me?

How is sexual assault at university a thing? Are they dragging victims into some unknown dungeon? Closest I ever saw at UNISA was some crazy guy yelling out about how he loves someone. Otherwise uni is mostly go to class, go to lecture hall, get out of there.

This is the precursor to a shitstorm just as pic related is for you guys. I'd rather not have the same campus activism bullshit here that you guys do.

>Are they dragging victims into some unknown dungeon?
Apparently, no one actually cares about the small handful of people who do suffer this brutal type of rape. The AHRC is happy to degrade their experience by implying that people who are "looked at inappropriately" are equally victimised.

The real victims are now nothing but a meaningless statistic. 50% or 1in5 have apparently been sexually assaulted. Too bad if you we're actually violently held down in an alley and raped causing bodily and genuine psychological injury - you're just 1 in 100,000.

rekt, what uni?

>he went to BiLo University

Smh

I wish the universities were right wing again

Macquarie (I know it's a meme uni but I don't wanna commute)

Anyone else notice that in the definitions of rape, intercourse, and penetration a man can't be raped?

Also got this in my inbox
youtube.com/watch?v=RNbf2L7DEvY

I made a post on sydney morning heralds article, we'll see if they censor it or not.

How can I bring up text I've entered/posted into a browser so I can copypaste what I wrote and post it here?

I think people who engage in uni elitism in the internet age are a hilarious self parody

Nevermind.

Both insta-rejected.

TOP KEK

t. student at a shitty university

Literally single digits percentages for the really bad offences

Wait, where is rape?

Sauce?

Uni emailed it to me and I'm on phone so I can't post whole thing

Not important apparently

>unwelcome touching
>inappropriate physical contact
Literally the only things it could be