Which is correct Catholicism or Protestantism?

Which is correct Catholicism or Protestantism?

Protestants tell me the Catholic church is the synagogue of Satan and that they are not saved.

Catholics tell me that there is only salvation through the one true church

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6gQhKa9YQ
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5:21-26&version=NABRE
strawpoll.me/13589925/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Catholic church has become decadent and has turned away from God, as a Protestant, I am PROTESTING the so called "true church"

Consider the following: the Catholic Church, much like the Mormon Church considers random teachings and rituals by men who came after the Christ as legitimate Christian Canon.

meanwhile Protestantism consists of actual Christians who follow and interpret the New testament as taught by Christ, respecting the fact that Christ was the last of God's Chosen Prophets.

make your choice.

only orthodox

You either choose the church with an unbroken chain of doctrine starting back from the apostles or you listen to Pastor #10,230's personal interpretation of the Bible

Honestly just read the church fathers and decide which denom fits most accurately with views and practices of the early church (hint: its the roman church)

the synagogue of satan are the jews that the protestants worship. the catholic church is fucked as well though

>The Catholic church has become decadent and has turned away from God

more so than say, the Episcopalian church and all the other mainline churches in America?

> random teachings and rituals by men who came after the Christ as legitimate Christian Canon.

I wouldn't call them random, per se.

>You either choose the church with an unbroken chain of doctrine

But what about Bergoglio? He is beyond pozzed. Also, Catholics in general, tend to vote for shitty government policies and are cucked when it comes to politics.

> listen to Pastor #10,230's personal interpretation of the Bible

But what if he's right?

The one true church is the church of Christ. Cathocucks will show you bible verses claiming it's the Catholic church specifically the bible is talking about, which is entirely unsubstantiated. They assume that because "Catholic" is one of the oldest names for a Christian church, that it is THE original Christian church, and that thus any denomination that strays from what priests decide Catholicism is, is evil. The fact is, the church is the church of Christ, not Catholics. Catholics idolize some men as holier than others and believe their church to be holy in and of itself, i.e. they take their priests' and church leaders' words as the word of God. Obviously, with the existence of satan and his influence on people, this makes their church extremely susceptible to corruption and evil influence. They'll deny this, though, all while regurgitating bible verses they don't understand because they're brainwashed, and eventually digress to ad hominems like "REEEE you're going to hell!"

I've never met a Catholic who takes their priest's word as the word of God. The point of having an organized church is to defend against anti-christian heresy, eg the Arians or Valentinians. The fact that the roman church has survived as long as it has is a testament to the strength of its pillars, especially when compared to the boundless schisms post reformation

>I've never met a Catholic who takes their priest's word as the word of God.
That is the equivocation, isn't it? The word of the church is seen as the word of God, and the word of the church is necessarily from its leaders, so it would follow that the word of its leaders is necessarily the word of God, yet they make exceptions when a priest can't help himself diddling children.

Mormonism

>Catholics tell me that there is only salvation through the one true church
long story short, catholicism is MORE correct. salvation is only given by God, the church just says we know what it takes to be 100% saved. at the end of the day though, God chooses, not the church. so protestants can be saved still.

does the church of christ believe in dispensationalism or supersessionism?

catholics are overwhelmingly conservative. the ones in my city at least

Fedora here, it's got to be catholicism. Jesus chose Peter, not Paul. Protestants are big time paulites. Sometimes I think they like his teachings over Jesus himself.

>I wouldn't call them random, per se.
of course YOU wouldn't because then you'd have to smell your own shit and realize what your Church actually is- a heretical paedophile ring.

Eastern Orthodox, the Early Christian writers make it pretty apparent that the Catholic Church has totally run off the rails, the closest church to the Early Church is the Eastern Orthodox church by far.

Jesus started a church, he didn't write a book. Peter and his successors are the only legitimate ones to run the Church of Christ.

You're assuming every word spoken or action performed by a priest/bishop/deacon is inspired, which is not doctrinal whatsoever. There is no equivocation. Which is part of the reason for having a church/established theology: to parse what is or is not dogma and inspired

peter started the orthodox church not the catholic church

>Jesus started a church
and papists deviated from it at the will of corrupt bureaucrats.

wait nvm i guess peter started both as the same church and then they split apart right after he died

random teachings? you're talking centuries of ecumenical council decisions lol. not "random teachings by men"

if it wasn't for these councils, you'd be a muddy pagan, so what's your problem?

protest is actually a positive, pro-test(ament), now it's always seen as negative, protesting against something. No, it's FOR the SCRIPTURES, not for the obviously corrupt catholic hierarchy. But the occult satanists control protestantism as well.

Catholicism retains elements of European Paganism, whereas Protestantism goes full Jew.

The Vatican is fucking corrupt, but one can still align with the Catholic Church while praying for redemption of The Vatican

Catholicism is Christ's church.

Christ wasnt the last prophet of God, that was John the Baptist. Christ was God incarnate in flesh.

Also Christ gave the apostles authority over the church after Christ was resurrected. We see this in Mt. 16:13-20. Catholics use verse 18 to claim that Peter was the first pope and by means of papal succession, all popes are the true representatives of God. This however is easily refutable and also suggests an ignorance of simple Greek Grammer rules in their interpretation.

god and Gods aren't real you morons

The root of "Protestantism" is "protest", as in protesting the church authorities. Not "pro-testament"

no he didn't you fucking retard

orthodox are just butthurt about constantinople

>ecumenical councils
staffed by sexual deviants motivated only by money and power. not the word of God. Just face it, your church has no differences with the Mormon scum.

Yes goy, go Catholic. Christians love refugees! oy vey. Jesus was a refugee goy. remember the 6 gorillion! Donate more shekels to Democrats like all good catholics goy

>also suggests an ignorance of simple Greek Grammer rules in their interpretation
and further suggests that such assertions seemed oh-so-convenient for European political players seeking supranational power.
thus the root of papist corruption

No.

What about the council of Jerusalem?

Google the second counsel of the Vatican

they're very different actually.

and no, not staffed b sexual deviants, you are just talking out of your ass. as i said, you'd be fucking kids right now and praying to the gods of bear bones if it wasn't for these "sexual deviants" ...or you'd be a heretical gnostic christian who believe Jesus was a space alien. in fact, you'd be a fuckin mormon

Sure thing, goy. They were all drunkards and degenerates!

Check this out.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6gQhKa9YQ

he doesn't know what he's talking about. just protestant anger. his interpretation of the bible allows anger and insults and judging.

Stop being a Christcuck.

Remember the early 2000s when we finally had a fucking cultural revolution against those backwards fucks? Of course it creates post modern commie degeneracy and Islam is everywhere, but that doesn't mean we should take a step back into worship a kike on a stick and not wearing two different kinds of fabric at the risk of being stoned, we'll be just like muslims again at that point.

This

50th thread like this I've answered
Watch some of Steven Anderson's stuff about Catholicism, it's good.

This. Proddies call two thousand years of Christian learning a barrier between you and God, but a cashcow megachurch somehow isn't.
Saints are role models.
We ask for Mary and the saints' intercession as they are good Catholics. We don't worship Mary or the saints.
And as for the old paedo shit, the proddies are just as bad if not worse.

Learn first. Get some books, don't ask pol, everyone here is LARPing as russkie orthodox.

according to what account? Paul's? Acts? or those accepted by the historical academic mainstream?

don't speak for me, papist fuck, we also should allow for you to be lined up and shot

Christianity >>>>>>>>>> Islam

Secularism was only feasible when the muslims statyed in their own countries

Read Kierkegaard

the muslims have the right idea the only problem with them is that they are low iq brown subhumans and not white

They do get unfathomably angry at us don't they? I suspect they realise megachurch version 2546.12 is a load of old shit but it's their family church and they have to keep paying the tithe to keep the neighbours happy.

Both are wrong. Atheism is the only truth.

catholic church is full of faggots

>not wearing two different kinds of fabric

Old Testament, not binding on Christians of any denomination

The synagogue of Satan are Jews who don't accept Christ.

Jesus promised that He'll would never overcome His Church. Therefore, look for a Church that can be found all through history since then. Hint: it's not Pastor Jim's Biblepalooza.

>"Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. " St. Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Smyrnaens, 107 AD

>megachurch memes
good one, completely ignoring the Lutheran Church as a rather inconvenient truth for you, right, paddy?

here, i got some bible verses for you Mr. sola scriptura

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5:21-26&version=NABRE

Both

Christianity as a whole needs a purge, but it's the correct religion

Mormonism is the logical end of Protestantism. You both believe that Jesus lied when He said His Church would never fail and that He would guide her through His Spirit in every age. That's why God had to send Martin Loser / Joseph Smith / Pastor Bob to deliver the REAL message of salvation.

Protestantism is crypto-Mormonism.

yeah, i think they think we are better than them or something. which, i mean technically speaking we have more authority, so maybe that triggers protestant jealousy. just a shame martin luther transformed european christendom besides spain and france

>biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5:21-26&version=NABRE
thus I said "We should" not "We do" Mr. TRADITION & scripture.
Still a damn shame we don't, but it's funny you papist pigs want to open the whole "Christians don't kill" can of worms.

>You both believe that Jesus lied when He said His Church would never fail
wrong, we don't believe it failed, but it was lost to the ambitions of evil men with a lot of power
nice try though.

>he says speaking a Germanic language dominated by protestants because his lkind fled their papist shithole
top kek

If Christianity were any good western society wouldn't be as fucked up as it is today. It is a good starting point to build on but it's outdated and irrelevant to all but the select few who understand its true value.

Christian Identity

The RCC has been compromised since at least the 1960s. Needless to say, it remains superior over any branch of lesbian bishop/used car salesman personal relationship with Jesus Christian rock Protestantism

>implying the West didn't go start going to shit the moment they abandoned Christianity
>implying a Christianized West didn't build the greatest civilization history has ever known

so what's the point of having faith in God if you're just gonna ignore him?

and uh, killing is not justified for being a catholic sorry.

boy, you are 3 for 3 in not knowing wtf you are talking about

Neither. Orthodoxy is the true answer.

>and uh, killing is not justified for being a catholic sorry.
So the religious wars, the Crusades, etc. was all just "exceptions"

>implying English isn't Germanic
>implying England wasn't a Protestant nation from the Reformation onwards
ha, yeah, sure I don't know what I am talking about. good one

>Atheism is the only truth.
>truth
Theory.

>intercession

Tell me more about this "intercession". Does Jesus need their help to save me? Or do the saints just bring my name to his attention so that he doesn't forget me?

>protestant
>routinely disgusted by our low church insistence, the modernism, and the disconnect with the actual teachings of Christ in favor of money-making schemes and bro pastors who tell you "just do whatever and pray later bro lol"
>also not comfortable with venerating saints, literalist transubstantiation, or having the church apparatus constantly being used as a political arm
>tfw

>we don't believe it failed but that evil men overcame it

This is a bizarre distinction. Do you think Jesus was wrong when He said "on this rock I shall build my Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. "? It seems like you think hell prevailed.

you might want to look up the history of religious wars and crusades. you think the crusades were just, catholics randomly killing muslims?

all of europe was catholic before the reformation, england was catholic for hundreds of years before the reformation. what does this have to do with me speaking english? they also spoke english while catholic

4 for 4

join the catholic church and pray it cleans up.

Protestants misread one line that says that through faith alone you are not saved (Luther changed it) but they did not change the verse in revelation that bluntly states that when judgement day comes you will be judged by your actions. I pity there heresy.

Its the equivalent of a reference on a job application.

Why not believe in the Real Presence? It's been taught since day one, and makes sense of the Bread of Life discourse in John 6, as well as the typology of Christ as paschal lamb; at Passover the lamb had to be eaten, and so it is with Christ.

"This is my body."
"This is my blood."

If God says "Let there be light" and that was enough to bring the universe out of nothing, then why, when God says "this is my body" do you think His word lacks the power to accomplish what He says?

hell was not the perpetrator, man was. how is that hard for you to figure out?

by religious wars, i meant the multiple conflicts the papists brewed up to try and defend the political capital of heir corrupt pope

also it matters you speak english and not whatever language your family's shithole did as it means you basically accept the dominance of a Protestant nation over that of your own extraction- and then try to talk down Protestantism.

Christianity is good but unfortunately the enemies that infiltrated it were better, so now you only know cuckianity.

This is an important question, Sup Forums.
Pic unrelated

strawpoll.me/13589925/r

woops

explain how the papists brewed them up, i will be here.

and you keep throwing non sequiturs at me. i speak more than one language lol. not sure why england being protestant has anything to do with what language i am speaking

The current pope has publicly stated that muslim immigration will improve europe, kissed the fleet of niggers, and believes that jews will be saved.

Nice points Stephen Crowder!
>more so than say, the Episcopalian sect and all the other mainline sects in America?
>random teaching and rituals by men who came after the Christ as legitimate Christian Canon
>Anointing of the Sick
James 5:14, Mark 6:12
>Confession
John 5:16, Acts 9:18, John 20:22-13, 1 Corinthians 11: 27-19
>Papacy
Matt 16:18-19, John 21:15-17
>Eucharist
Mark 14:22-24, John 6:51,53-56, 1 Cor. 11:27-29
>Intersession of Saints
Rev. 5:8, Rev. 8:3-4
>Purgatory
2 Maccabees 12:46, 1 Peter 4:6

>But what about Bergoglio? Also, Catholics in general, tend to vote for shitty government policies and are cucked when it comes to politics
Bad popes and leaders does not change Church teaching?
>But what if he's right?
So everyone else is wrong and they go to hell?

t. Michael Voris

doing those things isn't a problem, but WHY is he doing those things? he should be cleaning up the church not being progressive and hip and trendy. this pope sucks

>muslim immigration will improve europe
Citation needed
> believes that jews will be saved
This is fake news
>kissed the fleet of niggers
>He doesn't realize that to be Christ like is to humiliate oneself in the presence of sinners.

You have learned nothing.

everyone go follow Woke Space Jesuit on twitter (his at is dvoeverie) he is the smartest and most knowledgable catholic on the internet, always has good takes never bad ones

that's a pretty good quote man

wtf is that twitter about?

Have another.

nice

if you're not unitarian you're not doing it right

Read The Bible, specifically the parts about Jesus. (Start with either Book of Matthew or Luke). Have faith.

Don't be a Catholic. Most of the denomination is going to hell, including the Vatican Church leaders. There's no such thing as a "protestant" so just avoid the label. "Protestant" is a functionally irrelevant term since there is no centralized protestant church. Just be a Christian.

Jehovah's Witness.

This

>tfw baptized Catholic against your will
>tfw confirmed Catholic against your will
>tfw now you've accepted God into your life and want to be a Protestant but you've already confirmed your Catholic faith
please help me

Synagogue of Satan is the kikes but yeah Catholics are teaching a "modified" gospel

>I just decided to make a divide and conquer thread because pol is full of inexperienced newfags right now.
SAGE

None of those rituals have any actual meaning, only real salvation has meaning, Jesus doesn't really care if you sacrificed a bunch of goats to Lucifer before you were saved

wouldn't disregarding the sacraments make me an apostate?

If you've rejected the Catholic Church in your heart and have recognized it is blasphemous and corrupted then you're already on the correct path.