Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1088868313497266
youtu.be/ASUHN3gNxWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> muh fedora

Fuck iq then

Are you sure, nigger?

Found the christcuck that can't read charts

That's not a particularly great chart, to be honest. What happened to >110¿ do we have sauce for this?

110 isn't that high. The average English major has a higher IQ than that (I think it's 121). The chart should go to 130 minimum.

friendly reminder that IQ is directly correlated with socioeconomic factors

>atheists are just smart enough to question theology and watch dawkins, but too dumb to go full Bacon and come back around to religion
Sounds about right famalam

On an unrelated note, does't it seem like mediocre people are the greatest threat? Brainlet operate on instinct and can be put to good use, geniuses always have something to add, mediocrities are easily lured in by sophists.

His reading is fine. The percent atheist goes up, but the iq doesn't.

Are you controlling for race?

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion

This is a classic chopped-axis chart.
Religiosity is correlated with dumbasses, fact.
But, there are plenty of highly-intelligent religious people, read Aquinas or Augustine, smartest men of their age.
Iq:Relgious is not an atheist argument.
>religion is an ape superstition to keep bands of warriors together and unafraid in new lands.
Understand it, it's like murder: Instinctive, but we don't do it anymore as it's useless in modern society and even dangerous and degenerate.

The correlation is there depending upon the set.

Reminder that the scientific epicenter of the world is being conquered by illiterate goat herders.

Fixing OP:s shit: The blue balls are countries with avarage IQ (hence no >110). There's 137 entries in total. They also studied the difference within societies and found the avarage IQ of fedora to be 6 points higher than a religtard. The paper is by Lynn, Harwey&Nyborg

139 IQ here

Eat a dick you atheist faggots

nice reference so we can check the sampling method. you really are non-biased. just wow, op, you're a rarity here on Sup Forums.

275 IQ here. I believe in a god that filters out the most extreme entries in statistics.

k

141 IQ here. Religious faggots btfo.

All that chart appears to show is that you shouldn't have society ruled entirely by religion, not that religion has anything to do with IQ.

Not a surprise... people with high IQs are generally more intellectually inquisitive.

85% of 5 year olds believe in the existence of Santa Clause. Most religious people were already indoctrinated into their particular religion by 5.

I think it's quite unlikely that the God described by Abrahamic religions (or any other religion in human history for that matter) would have any of the concerns that these religions seem to attribute to him... more likely they are the concerns of cult leaders and warlords.

Go shove a banana up your ass

Oh yeah Christianity is totally destructive and degenerate unlike feminism and neo marxism. Fucking idiot.

nice strawman

This. The two top left entries seem to be Austria and China btw. So those countries perform well with most religion. Religtards should stop shitposting and seek advise from them.

here's some math for you: it takes 59 hrs to read the full harry potter series, that times 4 is about 240, that's about the time it takes to read a 4 year college curriculum. if you read every day for an hour you could read all that in no time. college is propaganda IQ tests are bullshit.

75% of Czech Republic are atheists and it's full of fucking retards though?

tips fedorah
the messiah was here

What? Exactly what are you saying and what does it have to do with my post?

sure for shit majors, but not everybody can succeed in STEM fields by just reading books

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1088868313497266

>A meta-analysis of 63 studies showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity. The association was stronger for college students and the general population than for participants younger than college age; it was also stronger for religious beliefs than religious behavior. For college students and the general population, means of weighted and unweighted correlations between intelligence and the strength of religious beliefs ranged from −.20 to −.25 (mean r = −.24). Three possible interpretations were discussed. First, intelligent people are less likely to conform and, thus, are more likely to resist religious dogma. Second, intelligent people tend to adopt an analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking style, which has been shown to undermine religious beliefs. Third, several functions of religiosity, including compensatory control, self-regulation, self-enhancement, and secure attachment, are also conferred by intelligence. Intelligent people may therefore have less need for religious beliefs and practices.

tl;dr high iq correlates with religiosity, the higher the IQ the less likely it is someone is religious (and in particular, doggedly so.)

youtu.be/ASUHN3gNxWo

This guy explains the problem with Religion

141 IQ here, btfo religious bacteria

Also on the top left are Singapore, Italy, Swizerland. I lost the order but the point still stands, if you support religiousness and intelligence you probably should study what these countries do right.

This. According to the chart, the highest IQs are centered around still being majority theistic.
This chart reminds me of those "brain meme" pictures that go something like:
small brain = believes in God
medium brain = does not believe in God
large brain = there could be a God
transcendental brain with beams coming out of it = believes in God

I was apart of one study, not as a participant. These are misleading. They don't necessarily not believe but, question it more. It's a big difference and different agendas word it differently.

Intelligence and college has no relation so these studies must be flawed and useless data

Not even close. The most brilliant people overwhelmingly do not believe in a God. Because a country has an average IQ a half standard deviation higher than the mean does not mean that those humans who really do have "transcendental brains with beams coming out of it" believe in a God.

Modern Christianity is barely a religion, and if you are over-religious in any Abrahamic religion, we will probably imprison you.

> transcendental brain with beams coming out of it : stoping dealing with concepts and admitting that you are one with the universe and thus YOU ARE GOD

fixed it for you

ever heard of regression?

Believing you are God is for low IQ niggers. This I know.

respond to pic related please

Wasn't Sir Isaac Newton a believer of God?

Yeah, I don't think so buddy. Keep listening to Bill Nye level of "smart people."

believing in god and believing that one specific abrahamic religion is the only ultimate universal truth are 2 different things

It's fucking funny for sure and made me lol.

But God still gave you the choices to make. The fact that He knew you would fail doesn't mean He designed you to fail. Sorry, but you have to take responsibility at some point.

Yes, obviously selecting one person who existed in a completely different time frame is proof that a God must exist and that the general point I was making, which is completely factual, is somehow incorrect, and you probably think you're making a good point...

>fact that He knew you would fail doesn't mean He designed you to fail

so he willingly created man knowing that he would send to majority of them to hell, what a shit god then

God didn't give you choices to make, free-will is a complete illusion (FMRIs are already proving it) and I doubt you could even begin to present a secular argument for free-will so it's probably time that you stop posting.

You can start with the simple belief in a higher power and then ultimately find that it is Christ all along. A lot of people come to Christianity on those terms.

Do sub Saharan africans even into the metaphysical concept of a god?

This is why I'm skeptical of religiosity/IQ statistics. There are very few materialist atheists (*tips fedora*). But the ones who are simply non-religious are often put in the same category.

On what evidence exactly does one, or did yourself, come to the conclusion that "Christ" is the one true higher power and how is it you came to understand his intentions for you? I ask because I tried for years, and the more I tried the less I was convinced that humans have even scraped the surface of what exists beyond the visible universe let alone the creators of religions who didn't know what stars were.

You can be angry about it... but if anything it's just added validity to The Bible.

The fact that most people end up going to hell in The Bible just shows what based book it truly is.

Who has lived among people and can deny that that isn't the case?

God can know the future while still giving you free will. They are not mutually exclusive things.

It honestly would take a low IQ nigger to struggle with that concept.

I don't think he's angry about your particular interpretation of Christianity which apparently many disagree with, more he's pointing out that a God responsible for a Universe that has space expanding faster than the speed of light would have created guidance for future humanity better than something that sounds like it was written by iron age barbarians.

So basically going to heaven is just the luck of being born in the right religion

I guess it would be pretentious of me to say to you that I eventually prayed to Christ and heard the call. Pretentious of me, and unconvincing. I don't know what to say to you when you say you have tried and have not found. I know that I almost (and almost assuredly) gave up entirely before I found. I was at that brink of giving up.

So I wouldn't know exactly what to say.

You didn't even begin to answer me. I'm asking you to give a secular argument for free-will. Knowing the future has nothing to do with determinism... you're too stupid to understand the difference between determinism and fatalism yet accuse me of having a "nigger IQ".

I wasn't born in the right religion. I know my parents are going to hell and I know I can't save them.

You prayed to Christ and heard the call? You're going to need to elaborate. You heard a voice in your head? You felt that something was responding to you? I don't care how convincing you are, you're not going to proselytize to me and convince me when I've spent years trying to find something to believe in... I'm sure you'll say God is simply waiting to reveal himself to me? At least you admit your 'argument' is flimsy.

If you're asking for a physics equation that proves free-will, I cannot supply you with one.

which makes a statement about IQ not religion

is the critical thing people don't get

THAS RITE #FolkReligionsBTFO #DeathToPagans

thanks doc

I'd have to tell you the story of my life and you'd have no reason to believe a word of it. You're right, I don't think I can convince you. But I went back and forth between atheism to theism many times before I've come to where I am now, where I can no longer even deny God. Even if I am angry with Him and upset with Him (which is foolish of me), I cannot deny Him.

>chart goes only to 110
wew lad
That research goes to trash. There's this thing called mount stupid. The more you know, the more opinionated you are and they're dumb opinions because you don't know enough to really get it.

"High IQ" atheists are that mount.

If coming to faith in God depends only on one's life story then that 'God' is very unconvincing and does not reach all people. How one goes between atheism and theism without ever displaying or acknowledging the humility of their own capabilities and understanding of the universe is interesting. You could have been lead to your beliefs by anything really, all of which were out of your control but to admit this completely undermines the possibility of a God who has any concern for you. For all I know you're mentally ill. Good luck finding happiness in this life though, I think it's the only one you have.

They're measuring countries not individuals. The fact you can't read a basic chart is pretty embarassing... also, the willingness to opine says nothing about the stance on a particular topic, yet I believe you're attempting to apply that it does by ascertaining that only those on "mount stupid" are those vocal "high IQ atheists" when we know how vocal religious people are. So basically, what I'm saying is, you posted a chart that contributes nothing to the argument and actually makes you look stupid.

But then again you do not know my life and you do not know anyone's life outside your own. Assumptions are dangerous things. I do not know why God did not personally reach you. I do not know your life.

*and did those feet teleport behind you in ancient times*

Don't know your age, but people tend to become more religious as they get older -- as death becomes a reality. Also, fluid intelligence declines. That may be a factor as well.

>They're measuring countries
It doesn't say that. Might be any group whatsoever. Lrn2reed senpai

You also don't know if God even cares that he has or hasn't "reached" me, yet I assume you profess to know he does when you claim your parents are hell bound. I'm not assuming anything about your life or what's happened to you other than that you sound (when you accuse your parents of being hell bound) like a literalist and schizophrenic who claims to have been reached by a God that amazingly hasn't reached out to the vast majority of humans not only living today but throughout history.

It's by country.

Everyone who bothered to source the information knows they are country IQ's from Richard Flynn's IQ and wealth of nations. Less laziness before you feel the need to speak, senpai. Also, you didn't tackle the main point of my argument.... but I know that's because you understand what I'm saying and don't disagree. XOXO

Very logical, and yes it does happen. Me personally, I'm not that old.

Why would I source a low effort shitpost thread though?
But I see, yes, high IQ countries industrialized first and the demon of degeneracy ended their spiritual well being first.

First of all, what is that supposed to represent? What does percentage atheist mean?
Second, that graph shows that 10-20% atheist (whatever that means) has the highest intelligence, while it drops from there. 10% atheist would still mean 90% religious.

This is my favorite part when you claim to know what it was like to live in, and the reasons for the existence of, some fantastical era where there was no 'degeneracy'. Low effort, low energy so disappointing :(

Where is this data from? Haiti?

Well I don't claim to be special in any way. Anyone can reach God. Like I said, I was at brinks before all my denial was removed. And even then, it was sort of a punishment because I had started to blaspheme God. (Don't blaspheme God, that is not the point).

It would do no good for God to reveal Himself to everyone. Believe me when I say this, most would not even care unless God began to rule like a tyrant over people and force them into worship, and God is evidently not interested in this. God is only interested in those that would pain-stakingly try to reach Him of their own volition.

>Yeah, sure, that's why He threatens everyone with Hell for not believing in Him

Hell only becomes a reality for you when you have already accepted God to begin with, it was never really a proper motivator. Hell is as dismiss-able as God to the unbeliever, it does not matter.

You're taking the piss. All high IQ countries in the world got a heavy dose of enlightenment theology, female emancipation and modernism in general. I don't need to know your country.
If your point is that degeneracy existed prior, of course it had. It was not institutionalized nor an official ideology.

Also you hadn't disproven my mount stupid since there are no countries that on average go over IQ 125 at least.

They seem to ignore the fact that all of the countries on the far left are Muslim or African countries.

I wasn't attempting to disprove it, I'm saying you're using it incorrectly, because a highly knowledgeable person willing to opine on a particular subject says nothing about what stance they take on that subject and I'm saying you didn't prove that the hump of mount stupid represents 'high IQ' atheists.

Knowledge on a particular subject also has NOTHING to do with a person's IQ. You could have an IQ above 160 and no nothing about football, thus never talk about it.

I'm saying it's not even remotely applicable to this thread and for some reason you aren't grasping that, which makes me wonder how intelligent you actually are.

>religiosity is negatively correlated with IQ
Damn now let's separate it by race. It's easy making shill threads.

Who also are the most religious countries.... which they don't ignore, but you apparently are?

Friendly reminder that high IQ is evolutionarily maladaptive because it leads to high tech low birth rate societies that end up abolishing themselves with elaborate ideologies while 60 IQ Kalahari Bushmen niggers continue to pop up kids without anyone thinking about it.

Yes apparently you can be to smart for your own good.

In other words, it's about race.

What does that prove? That religious whites are the equals of niggers, beaners and arabs? Ha ha, ok, tell me something I didn't already know.

It's completely irrelevant. If all of African became atheist, they would still have IQs in the 70s.

No if the study was done in America which is most likely they probably tested a lot of nigger too (maybe even on purpose).

They're not going to though, because they have IQs in the 70s. We live in reality not your hypotheticals. Are you even trying?

They're still on the phase of hitting stones together and believing in tribal shit. We at least developed a monotheistic religion around 2 millenia back.

You still haven't figured out where this study has taken place yet you feel the need to comment?

See