Why is the US still in Afghanistan? If we haven't put a stop to the Taliban in 16 years...

Why is the US still in Afghanistan? If we haven't put a stop to the Taliban in 16 years, than how will we ever stop them?

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/07/doj-drug-overdose-now-leading-cause-of-death-for-americans-under-50/
breitbart.com/national-security/2017/04/19/dhs-almost-many-americans-died-drug-overdoses-2015-12-years-vietnam/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We could stop them in a week if we were to wage a total war. Instead we pussyfoot around the issue and half-ass a counterinsurgency that's doomed to fail.

Afghanistan is lines on a map. We use it as a place to safely test all of newest toys. Stopping the taliban? Like for good? That's like saying you're going to exterminate the crabgrass out of your lawn forever.

That's dday, not the Afghan war.

War isn't the answer

Um, go back to history class, summerfag.

Yeah, genocide is the answer.

>We could stop them in a week if we were to wage a total war.
Yeah, by killing maybe a hundred thousand people in one fell swoop I guess the Taliban would stop being a thing. But that's not how the world works so your total war is as real as flying unicorns.

Cute ironypost

Just start nuking everything. EVERYTHING.

Nuke the goddamn mudslimes into submission. Don't give a fuck if it makes the UN butthurt.

What is this 2004?
Get real

Us armed Forces fight in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting a war then a counter-insurgency.
Come Home to fight the government in a war then civil war.

Would you take up arms against your country?

Am I the only one seeing something here

Swift boat veterans for truth.

What a fucking joke

To cultivate heroin to kill off it's citizens duh

I don't understand. What part is American controlled?

We own the afghan government, so all the grey parts

Who's Contested? Are they ISIS in Afghanistan?

Heroin

Hearts and minds.

Oxycontin OP that and rare earth elements. Straight white men are expendable. The legal dope and rare earth are not.

$$$$

Gotta defend those poppy fields

Back in my day, we ended wars that foeigners started. Now we've got to deal with you millennial shitheads too. We should ship all your asses to Traschanistan before we nuke it.

>OP:Why is the US still in Afghanistan? If we haven't put a stop to the Taliban in 16 years, than how will we ever stop them?
>Defend the poppy fields.

Look at poppy production when Taliban ran Afghanistan.
9/11 did a lot of things -- one being an excuse to get back into Afghanistan and get back control of the heroin production

> I don't understand. What part is American controlled?
So. The US has been waging a war since 2001 in the country.
And founded and funded al-quada in the late 1970s to "give the soviets their Vietnam".... And you don't know what your govt is doing?
Really?

Poppy farms.

>are they ISIS in the black bits?
Is that the question ?
And who was ten target of the much vaunted MOAB earlier this year?
ISIS has leached over from Syria through Pakistan... But they are all US govt proxies so....

notice how opioid abuse has gone up? theres your answer

One in three Americans took prescription opioid painkillers in 2015, survey says
NBCNews.com · 8 hours ago

Analysis | Opioid abuse started as a rural epidemic. It's now a national one.
Washington Post · 11 hours ago

More than a third of US adults prescribed opioids in 2015
Reuters-10 hours ago

and these are just stories from today

DOJ: Drug Overdose Now Leading Cause of Death for Americans Under 50
breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/07/doj-drug-overdose-now-leading-cause-of-death-for-americans-under-50/

There’s a horrifying surge of drug overdoses in the United States of America. Some people say we should be more permissive, more tolerant, more understanding about drug use. I say we should be more honest and forthcoming with the American people on the clear and present danger that we know face,” said Rosenstein.

But blame: Latin America !
DHS: Almost as Many Americans Died of Drug Overdoses in 2015 as in ’12 Years in Vietnam’

It’s the highest number of drug-related deaths our country has ever seen. It’s more deaths than the peak of the AIDS epidemic in 1995. In a single year, we’ve lost nearly as many Americans to drug overdose as we lost in battle in World War I. Almost as many as was lost in 12 years in Vietnam.

Kelly identified transnational criminal organizations (TCOs) in the form of Latin American drug cartels and violent international gangs like MS-13 as “one of the greatest” threats against the American public.
breitbart.com/national-security/2017/04/19/dhs-almost-many-americans-died-drug-overdoses-2015-12-years-vietnam/

Here's CIA asset Tim Osman with Carter admin National Security Advisor, Zbigneiw Brezinzsky (mila's dad)
It was Zbigs idea to great Taliban(which means student) and al-quaida (which means database) to fight the soviets and forced them out of Afghanistan. The "stirred up Moslems" proved a useful proxy army and are now known as ISIS...
Tim Osman later became better known as Osama Bin Laden...

When thinking about world opium production it is important to remember that Afghanistan, in terms of global supply has steadily gone up since the RUSSIANS were in Afghanistan. We picked up where they left off.

The Military Industrial Complex must be dismantled. This is no way to run an economy. And that's seperate from the fact that the CIA deals drugs. The CIA, btw, has no constitutional basis for existing.

Ron Paul 2012 is forever.

Afghanistan objective is to make it chaotic so China can't get pipelines from Iran

To ensure the continuous flow of heroin to Russia.

>Afghanistan objective is to make it chaotic so China can't get pipelines from Iran
Yes. Now it serves the purpose of disrupting the Belt and Road Initiative (the new Silk Road) project.
So happy happy, joy joy... Get the opium. stop the Chinese and the Russians...
Oh, and the rare earths, as someone mentioned above.
What's not to love about the deployment to Afghanistan ?

>waging war

no the US is trying to train dumb ass monkeys on how to be human. The Taliban are the only ones who even resemble humans, barely, and thats because the US trained them to begin with.

All because Osama threw his little temper tantrum that the afghan government wanted the US to protect them rather than him and his people.

It isn't a war its an occupation, and that has always been traditionally difficult.

There was little production when Soviets kept it in check.

To secure the drugs economy for the ((international crime cartels)), and to support export of islamists to subvert and weaken western christian people.

Holy shit that fucking nose lmao

TFW western supremacy and smartness in action

AQ, Taliban, and the Haqqani network. I fought the Haqqani guys in Paktika and Ghazni provinces. They don't get a lot of press but they're tough hombres.

>larping as a crusader
>approving jihadis that murder Christians
Fitting.

>Why is the US still in Afghanistan?
because muh terrorism. Boogieman tactics never gets old.

are you really this naive?

man what am I on pol for. People here are supposed to know about politics beyond the superficial public bs but you people dont know jack shit about anything.

They abuse and overdose on synthetics.

Someones gotto guard dem poppy fields

If you don't aware silk road already works. Because you know Afghanistan is not only country in teh Central Asia.

what are sanctions

> you don't know how Silk Road works
I've done heaps of reading on Silk Road.... My point is... With the US embedded in Afghanistan it gives them a wonderful piece of territory to work from to obstruct the *further* development of the BRI..
What I'd proposed for the BRI is huge.... What is in place now will be hugely enhanced... And the US will want to fuck that up, Bigly

I think American goverment is making a killing from heroin trade

I don't buy the whole muhh heroin meme. It's some liberal saying like how we invaded Iraq for oil. Most of the heroin in the US comes from Mexico.

Also literally every Afghani uses the shit.