Can An Atheist Pray?

I've been feeling really down this past year.

My parents raised me to be an atheist but I want to pray to god, will the christian god listen to my prayers if I'm an atheist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ASUHN3gNxWo
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
youtube.com/watch?v=XKKWjNWPtQc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes.

you don't have to go to church just pray and accept jesus into your heart. go read a bible too might help you

no you're going to hell

Of course. Sounds like you're starting to grow out of atheism, which is a fairly common thing to happen in your early twenties.

Well done OP.

Use the internet to read bible verses

absolutely

Hope you pray for more subtlety in your LARPING, christcuck.

He will hear you and know your heart. Talk to him, he has been waiting.

I don't need a baptism?

>Oh nothingness give me strangth

oh yeah I forgot your parents are faggots and didn't baptise you

Yes

You don't need baptized to go to heaven. I have 16 years in the church, ask me anything user.

I saw this comic and thought of my parents right away. I'm done being an atheist.

DEUS VULT!

He loves you user and wants a personal relationship with you

What does the bible really say about how we should treat homosexuals?

jesus is the mediator between humans and the father

John 10:30
The Unbelief of the Jews

My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive” whatever you ask in prayer.

Ask jesus for truth, wisdom, clarity and love

ask him where and what he wants for your life

trust him

The Lord's Prayer
4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward.

But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you

>But when you pray
>go into your inner room
>shut your door

Religion and prayer and 2 things.

If you are an atheist, you know you are wasting your time.
Decide who you are mate.

We should treat anyone as we would want to be treated regardless of how we are or who we are. It says homosexaulity is wrong but that if they're cristian (people) that they are our equals.

Basically, homo is wrong BUT if you are you CAN be Christian AND be accepted as an equal. This is because it's sin to fuck a dude. God made man and a woman to be together.

>only thing i ask for in prayer is to let me be reminded of Him more often
>every time i pray i realize i've been acting like a total dick again even though i had plenty of opportunities to do better
pls Jézus i just want to be a better person

Yep I think he would accept any opportunity for you to open your heart to him. In the Bible it's taught that God wants people to try to talk to him.

Why do you need fictional deity to be a better person?
Just look at yourself and your actions objectively, strive to have more empathy and you'll be good.

Listen, buddy.

Don't do it just as a trend. Talk about it. Figure it out.

What are your questions and doubts about God? What do you want to know? What drives you? Don't just look for a temporary solution. Don't use "Christianity" to fill the void in your heart. I can see you are looking for God because you have felt lost. This is beyond a meme, and beyond Sup Forums faggotry.

Are you looking for God?

Anyone can pray. But unless you get baptized, you're still not exempted from entering the fiery pits of hell.

>Will the Christian God listen to my prayers if I don't believe in the Christian God?
You could have formulated the question better than that. I get what you were trying to say, though. You can start being a Christian any time you want. Nobody can truly know whether it can ever be too late to repent. The Bible itself, however, does make it clear (through the story of Saul) that even a major enemy to Christianity can find God's graces upon repentance.

I was wrong, I don't think my parents taught me the right things and I think it reflect in their attitudes. I don't want to become like them and many christians I see at least try to be a better people.

And we're always saying we don't care if an atheist became a christian so why do you care if I start to pray to a god?

Do I need to join a church or can I just read a bible online?

youtu.be/ASUHN3gNxWo

Watch this because there is a creator! Also he does not tamper with free will which is why there is suffering

They did in fox holes.

This

Don't listen to them, it's their life to live. Christians are the most tolerant people alive according to one study.
What this dude says isn't true

>raised to be atheist
what did he mean by this?

Can I baptize myself or do I need to join a church?

According to the Bible all you need to do is believe that God (Christian) raised Jesus from the dead after 3 days and you will be saved. No exceptions.

you go to purgatory unless you don't repent your sins

Find Christ my friend it sure help me

you need to seek God. Go to a church

No belief in God or Aliens or religion(s)

Technically, anyone can baptize you in an emergency. It's also worth mentioning that any baptism which is in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is a true baptism.

I am Catholic. To become Catholic and be baptized as a Catholic you have to go through the classes, it's just the procedure. The real important thing is that you try to seek God and not let others get in the way of that.

In a minute here you're going to see a full-blown Catholic vs Protestant flame war. I really urge you to just seek God earnestly and ignore all of the bickering.

just start with biblegateway online

you dont need to join a church but it would help you to find other people (believers) to support eachother, finding new friends, hearing their storys / experience they made with god

I don't care. Do as you please.
I'm just saying you're not an atheist then.
You are agnostic theist.

>can't create strength from nothing

Atheists finally admit it.

The Bible literally tells you to put faggots to death.
If you have any questions, just watch Steven Anderson preaching.
youtube.com/watch?v=-fGxOCJCRpA
Calls out modern degeneracy and the Jew.

do you know who He his? you have to read the bible to discover that

From your inner self maybe? Just sort yourself out.
I'm not some weak beta faggot who relies on placebo.

try praying to satan. he listens more than g*d.

>agnostic theist
WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?

Lean towards the belief in a god but not a particular one.

The Old Testament law says that Homosexuals deserve to be put to death.

But since Christ died for our sins, it should be the last resort to kill anyone, even if they are a faggot. Because there is always the chance of last-minute redemption, and you don't want to hinder a soul from reaching God if possible.

Prayer is a way to get your thoughts in order and a form of meditation

Just meditate you dumbdumb

Just pray for some spaghetti monster or something no one gives a fuck.
No one will give a fuck if you believe or don't believe in sky daddy.
But if you start to praise islamic sky daddy then you should go to middle east and blow yourself up.

No, demons torture people who believe or don't believe. It's sly, you have to have more than a duplo brick understanding of religion to grasp this but don't at the same time.

>i don't believe in God but i am spiritual
FUCK OFF

Nope. Old Testament law is not defunct.

this chart is pretty good, but God doesn't seem to like people asking for signs too much, based on some things Jesus has said to Pharisees and the Devil

Yes from your inner self. I'm not gonna discount that. And of course I haven't called anyone beta faggots (today). My post was mostly a crude joke. Atheists also recieve strength from jesus. They just don't identify shit right ever.

I never said I was, boyo,

Let me clearify something for ya
>gnostic atheist
I am sure there is no God 100% and I don't believe in it.
>agnostic atheist
I am not sure there is no God but I don't believe in it.
>agnostic theist
I am not sure if there is God but I believe in it.
>gnostic theist
I am sure there is God and I believe in it.

Pray to sam harris mate

i never accused you of such beliefs. i just really really hate people that say that

That's not what the Bible says at all. It isn't my place to say who can be saved, but the Bible is very clear on this matter.

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22.

"Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:" Leviticus 18:26.

Christians are not meant to even associate with homosexuals.

I want you to try something OP.
Disregard any religion and pray to your hearts content to the actual God. Instead of praying to the god of other religion do pray to God, the God of the universe, the real one.

Christianity is wrong, if you want, I can tell you my experience so you can form in your mind a slight idea of the mythos.

Oh.
Yeah, it's pretty annoying. It's essentially "I'm an indecisive fuck."

>libertarian flag
>christcuck

You know that christianism is by definition a totalitarian ideology right ?

I can attest to this. Sat around for 20 years asking for signs like a retard. What I got was disturbing. Funny and bittersweet. But at least I am saved.

I wish we lived under a Cromwellian puritan society.

ofc man, God bless your soul and help you find the truth, im going to pray for you

why don't you explain you point instead of making broad platitude statements?

except you can't be gay and a Christian, faggot
Christians are commanded to stop living in sin
an openly gay person is clearly not trying to stop sinning and usually they have no intention to
the only way a gay person can be a Christian is if they're actively trying to stop being gay

also the bible considers homosexuality an abomination (no God does not consider it equal to eating shrimp)
and that is the only and exact reason He personally destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

also
>christianism
WHAT THE FUCK

>Can An Atheist Pray?
of course. just use your atheist prayers.

why be good if morality is subjective?
there is no logical reason an atheist should do anything that doesn't serve the purpose of making himself feel good/further himself in society

The old testament is no longer relevant. Jesus Christ's coming was the fulfillment of the old testament.
>There was a new covenant promise where God’s law would be written on the heart. The old covenant would pass away. And that was already there in the prophetic writings of the Old Testament. And now Jesus the Messiah has come and everything has changed. And he himself gave the pointers to how they changed. The key statement that he made is inMatthew 5:17: “Do not think I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” In other words, all the precious history and forms and structures and offices in the Old Testament aren’t merely thrown away. They are consummated. They are filled up in Jesus

I think you should only consider baptism once you're really confident about your choice, it's not like you can't be a good Christian if you didn't take the sacraments. Their only purpose is to reinforce you in your conviction, really.

I think a good entry point would be to read the Scripture and listen to Sunday sermons online. Not all priests are good at it, naturally, but some sermons can really activate your almonds. Then if you've listened to a good sermon from a church near you, you can consider visitiong in person.
Also, don't worry if the rest of the mass makes little sense to you, it only becomes meaningful in time. What you should pay attention to is the creed, the daily scriptures and the sermon.

> needing fear of hell to be moral

christcucks are pathetic, if you need religion to behave yourself you should hang yourself

Yes but surely you are aware that the Old Testament law required the sacrificing of animals before the temple in the presence of a priest, yes?

You would go before a Priest and then you would put your hand on the animal and confess your sins for it to be slaughtered. This was necessary.

The Law of Redemption specifically means that an individual who is innocent of another persons crimes can take on the punishment for their sake. This is what Jesus did, and it is through the Law of Redemption that the Old Testament was fulfilled. Therefore, it is wrong to put a homosexual to death if it can be avoided because even though they deserve to die according to the law, there is a chance that they will repent.

>do not think I have come to abolish the law
He didn't abolish the law, therefore it is still to be practised.

Do you deny God but you pray to Him? :DDDDD

One day I will find a good Christian girl. One day.

hope you find what you're after OP
this video always warms my heart without fail youtube.com/watch?v=XKKWjNWPtQc

You can't deny something that doesn't exist

Then a homosexual should be put to death if they refuse repentance.

You're not an atheist if you're praying to God or whomever you want to direct it towards.
I've been in the same boat as you until very recently. It feels very nice when you come out on the other end as a religious man

God loves you and will listen to you no matter what.

>insulting anonymous people over internet as best as you can
You obviously can't behave. Maybe you'd need god to do it.

You can just leave, Padraig. It's that easy.

Thanks, I'm just trying to figure out which church I'm going to join to get baptized.

I don't think you actually need baptism to be saved.

Why have you chosen christianity?

not an argument

it's simple logic
if there is no God then morals are nothing but societal guidelines
and if you're just going to stop existing when you die then there is absolutely zero intelligent reason to do anything that isn't self serving
sacrificing your own happiness to make others happy being extremely idiotic in this scenario

the simple reality is without God morals don't exist

In all seriousness, yes you can pray. If you truly long for him, then he will answer your prayers.

Then you have to know about him, what does he like, what does he don't like, things like that. It's like trying to know and get closer to a new friend.

After that, if you really feel that your relationship is important, then you will need to do what he wants you to do.

First step is to open the door when there's two people knocking your door to talk about good news from the Bible.

It stands to reason that God's opinions never change. God told Moses that homosexuality is abomination. Christ certainly offers a path to redemption and encourages a more merciful touch when dealing with sinners, however this does not mean that homosexuals will ever be the equals of normal Christians. It may be true that none of us are without sin and that we are all lower than what an ideal Christian would be, however this does not mean that we should be blind to others when they defy God. It is not Christian to practice appeasement, to bargain with sinners and hope that we can turn them away from their sins in the end merely by being nice to them. The genuine repentance of a homosexual MUST involve calling oneself a creator of abomination. Such a person is surely lower than most real Christians. There is, of course, no productivity in judging each other as though we are God, but it is certain that you cannot truly repent while continuing to do that which you know to be abominable.

Just because God gives morals doesn't mean he's the christian one, since human innate morals are different from christian morals.

If you can deny something, then it can exist.

You will, but only if you truly are looking for one. You will find nothing if you're not searching.

so you basically went from :
> hei im athist can i pray XDD

to :

> ok i'm joining a church and getting baptized

Christian shills are the worst kind of shills

Morality is subjective.
For example, Bible says do not kill.
Is it okay to kill someone who you know for sure is going to murder 20 people and you can't turn him away from it?