Differences between protestants and Catholics

This has been bugging me but what is the difference between a catholic christian and a protestant christian. Are they the same thing but split because henry saw catholics as pedophiles or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marriage vows are a sacred oath you make before God.

You don't get to divorce and remarry just becuase your 7 wives are barren.

The biggest difference is that the Protestant Christian believes you can connect directly to God without the need of an intermediary priest. Additionally Catholic Christians venerate church figures in ways Protestants do not. There are no Saints in Protestant churches. There is also no church figurehead like the Catholic Pope. These are the biggest differences in my view.

Catholics>Protestants
Protestants are all going to hell

Protestants forsake the Saints and are complicit sinners. They feel no need to pray or beg for forgiveness -- they assume they are forgiven. They do not confess their sins. They do not believe the sacraments to be holy.

I'm inclined to say the people, just compare poles and Irish to English and Germans

St Milton warned Henry of his treachery and the outcome of rebelling against the church saying it would cause rebellion within rebellion (think of all the different Protestant sects). It is divulged so much that Episcopalians (American Anglican church) are essentially gone.

Protestants have literally become Jews and are pushing "nondenominational" politically correct bullshit. Church for them is a fucking hipster band on stage chanting Hallelujah.

Church is supposed to be solemn and respectful. Protestants have lost their way.

Papists aren't actually Christians, it's a cult where they follow a weirdo who likes kissing africans' feet.

Catholics read a fake bible and have sex with children, also the pope worships lucifer

Found the border hopping mexican, you have to go back

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

>what is the difference between a catholic christian and a protestant christian
There is no difference, its the same shit.

Fuck you and your bait thread

Catholics worship a church, Protestants worship God.

Could we use protestants as an anti Jew movement?

Catholics are THE church of God and salvation. Prods are a rag tag bag of heretics, dupes and sectarians.

Don't worry, I'm sure your (((Pope))) will sell me an indulgence on my deathbed so I can go to heaven without putting up with all of your shit.

The christian philosophy is one of complete submission to authority, especially Catholicism. unironcally, jews rule the world because the philosophy of their religion is one of action. Unlike christians who can just ask for forgiveness, jews are required to prove themselves absolved from sins, which manifest in a real strong work ethic. This is why they dominate in fields like academia, entertainment, law, ect. This is why AIPAC is the most powerful lobbying group in the US and why the president is forced to do what they want.

The leader of the catholic church everyone kissing the feat of a person who probably worships another god. Why are catholics such cucks.

Protestants worship cummies and good feels.

the wording you use here is vague and meaningless. what do you mean by "connect with God"? such a terrible phrase.

Henry VIII was technically the creator of protestants so maybe he is the messiah Jews where looking for all this time.

>Henry VIII
>not Martin Luther

k bra

Wasn't henry VIII the one that popularized it.

No. Luther pretty much started a domino effect through Europe starting the reformation.

checked

OK I'm an idiot I just like hating on catholics especially the pope.

Read a fucking book, this is not politics.

THE POWER OF THIS POSTER

>christianity subverts original european cutlures/customs
>people fight over which sect of sematic religions is the right one
>meanwhile ignoring their original cultures/customs

good goyim

This is more political than half of the stuff posted on pol.

Protestant read the Bible, i don't know what catholics do

When protestantism came to be? No, not really. It was mostly formed because of the personal beef of Henry. After that? It changed as any split religions would do, over centuries.

I know the English are generally pretty stupid but you can't be genuine here.

Episcopal is basically just cultural Christianity.

That's another thing--Catholic countries at least come down to practicing Christianity or atheism. Protestant countries just have everyone be some varying degree of apathetic.

Catholics developed a bunch of traditions and an organisational structure that isn't strictly part of Christianity. They also edited the bible early on to suit their particular doctrine during the early christian schisms.
Martin Luther said all that extra shit was unnecessary but didn't disagree on anything theological, no one told him about the bible editing.

Protestants enslave Catholics and buy land out from underneath them like Jews.

Well played sir.

>protestantism
has a schism over fashion
>catholicism
one true Church founded by Jesus Christ

Protestants are not real christians, as they rejected the chruch founded by Jesus Christ.

The main difference is protestants are heretic faggots and Roman Catholicism is the only true faith.

Martin Luther sperged out because certain books were written in Greek instead of Hebrew. One of these books implied the existence of purgatory, but since it got thrown out that's the reason a lot of Protestants seem to have more of a stick up their ass about predestination and the elect and shit.

They think that eating some bread and drinking some wine will make them immortal

The Pope must be destroyed. Kek wills it.

Catholics need to shut the fuck up about being the original church, they're not. There are older churches in the holy land and there's the eastern orthodox church which is equally as old as Catholicism.

lots of differences and things have changed a lot in 400 years
fellow amerifriends above me answered most of the things
remember, the catholic church reformed too not so long ago

Church was not founded by Jesus christ, it was founded at the earliest by his followers (as less organized), and at the latest in the 300s as the state religion of Rome.

>catholic
>christian
pick one, and many protestant arent christian anymore too.

I haven't read the bible but didn't Peter get instructed by either jesus or god to build a Church

dont be salty just because you're a meme denomination

Also, the catholic church historically has been crazy corrupt and war mongering. This alone proves that they arent the One True Churchâ„¢

protestant always existed but the catholics murdered them , until the best weapon became available ;the word of god

Jesus was making a pun on Peters name. Peter (stone) is the rock (lol) upon which Ill build my church

He meant his universal church headed by the Holy Spirit, that all true christians belong to regardless of denomination

Peter is the bishop of Rome and prince of the apostles, Chief steward of the kingdom.

lurking as the token atheist

> war mongering = not one and true

This is exactly what would make one think it is the one true faith.

I recall so, yes, but using bible as a historical document is stupid due to it being an edited volume.

Christians killing other Christians is what Jesus wanted? Sureeeeeee

but dont the protestants say you only need bible for salvation?

Well to start, there isnt just protestants. Protestants are split quite a few ways, Lutherans, Presbyterian, Baptists etc. Unlike what the thread implies, some sects of protestants are the proliferators of "hippie jesus" (looking at you methodists). Some promote the insane interpretations by illiterate uneducated yokels (jesus rode dinosaurs into battle with the gays). But if you ask 75% of protestants theyll tell you Lutherans are just lazy catholics.

>Making a pun

WEW
LAD

How's it feel to be a retarded faggot

All/most abrahamic faiths/religions have been war mongerings at some points in their timespan.

Why are you all squabbling again children?
Science and human history has conclusively proven that Anglicans are smarter than Jews, Jews are smarter than Atheists, and the rest of you are fucking idiots who work in factories and mow lawns or whatever.
See you at the Lodge, Karenposters.

But that universal church has to be somewhere, right?
Before the council of nicea there was pretty much a "universal church"

Because Protestants looting churches and executing priests was fine, right
The roman church has progressively become corrupt between 1300 and 1700 but that's it, that's not "historically crazy corrupt", and protestants were no care bears.

Religions in general will say that you will need something that you need something for salvation, as long as we provide it / what it contains / is. (Like, the way I recall, catholics consider salvation to be throught jesus)

Episcopalians are lazy Catholics

That's sure what the Anglicans did in Ireland.

I'm an atheist too but the split of the catholic church is really interesting

Why the fuck would he go all the way to the capital of the people who murdered jesus to found his church? Why are there older churches in the middle east?

See

You are arguing with a retarded prottie. I mean they are all retarded being heretics.

Also note

They say the church has sinners thus it isn't the church that's their argument.

You're mixing things up OP.

(Mainline) Protestantism comes into world wide acceptance via Luther and the Reformation.

Anglicanism (the middle road between Catholics and Protestants) is allowed to exist because of Henry and fully formed by Elizabeth I.

Orthodox / Catholic split much earlier.

So if you want to learn more about protestants read Luther, Zwingli, Calvin and other books on the reformation. If you want to learn more about Anglicanism read about Archbishop Cranmer, Elizabeth 1, the English Reformation and so on.

I thought it was the other way around? Catholics required you to do good works, charity, and confess your sins, attend the mass, while part of the protestants claimed that sins had been forgiven by jesus and that's it.

Funny thing is we all follow paul we dont even follow peter , (((peter))) got rebuked by paul because of him being a jew

if you wanted your religion to be the best, wouldn't you bring it to the city who was the center of the world at that time?
There are older churches because christianity was here before. Older is not better. There are important holy places in the middle east too (patriarchates)

Catholics belong to the Church of Christ. Protestants are heretics.

Older churches don't matter, All churches were united in the epsicopacy and under the Vicar of Jesus Christ in Peter. If you walk from Judea to Italia you will likely stop in places before hand, that doesn't change the authority is vested in Peter not in the dirt. If rome was vaporized he'd still be the bishop of rome

Why would Peter go to the heart of the worldwide empire, to plant his cross right in the heart of the pagans? Is that what you are asking, why Peter accepted martyrdom to wage war upon the evil one?

We didn't address the problem of heretics for some time already, because muh yuman rrrights. Look how it ended. We need to go back.

The main difference is that Protestants believe you need to believe only in God to go to heavan. Catholics on other hand you also need to life according to the 10 commandmands. Believing in a God is not enough.

Episcopalians have some gripes with the catholic church. Lutherans believe in faith and faith alone as opposed to faith AND works. Thats the joke. Theres also not petitioning the saints but thats relatively minor in comparison. Unsolicited opinions on baptists:

>Whats the difference between a baptist and a methodist?
>Methodist will talk to you when you run into each other at the liquor store

>Always bring two baptists with you when you go fishing
>If you only bring one, he will drink all of your beer

How does not really matter. The point is that they
(the chruch) always provide you with the means as long as they are the ones in power.

So, Christ rebuked Peter as well. John and Simon bickered and dickered with each other.

All that good works shit is gone. Catholicism is basically Protestantism with a pope, transubstantiation and a few extra sacraments.

Their catechism and sacred tradition has to be backed by scripture now and 95% of it is loosely tied to something scriptural. It's still an abomination of a church, but many of Luther's complaints against them have been remedied.

That's literally every church

This is very simplified:

The Roman Catholic Church is a hierarchical organization center on the Bishop of Rome (Pope). Its sources of authority are the Bible and tradition, interpreted or elaborated upon by the magisterium (hierarchy). It maintains some old-fashioned "magical" traditions, though they are couched in medieval philosophical terms. These traditions, called sacraments, cause ontological changes in the subject (bread into Body of Christ, layperson into clergy, etc.). It is the role of priests to perform the sacraments, especially the mass, which is a sacrifice presented to God. Catholics trace their leaders (bishops) back to the Apostles.

Protestants are generally defined as the churches descending from the Reformation, a movement in early modern Christianity that focused on the importance of faith and individual conversion over the authority of the hierarchy and the efficacy of sacraments. The Bible is the sole source of authority, but some churches have confessions or statements of faith that describe how they interpret the Bible. It is more individualistic (this is relative), and clergy are more like teachers and administrators than sacrificial priests. Some Protestants do have sacraments, but some call them ordinances and deny they effect any ontological change. Most Protestants aren't very concerned about hierarchy or tracing their leaders back to the apostles, but some are.

Your reference to Henry indicates you are thinking about the Church of England, which is Protestant and Catholic in more-or-less equal measure. Anglican theology owes practically nothing to Henry, who was really only responsible for a brief interruption of the communion between the CofE and Rome, and they don't really talk about him much or consider him an important figure. Cranmer, Elizabeth, and the Oxford Movement were much more important.

>Muh belief

What is belief if it does not reform the life, saying you believe and living like a hog in shit is not faith.

>be catholic
>pray to beings other than God
>pray to saints that were literally pagan gods

Also, Protestantism is a joke. Most of their priests are closed atheists and the protestants even engage in degeneracy like shiling for LGTBism.

Yeah, I wrote "required" because I'm discussing the historical aspect of the thing. Vatican 2 is much different.

Catholics are pagans, protestants are good goys

The argument is overall Paul and Peter.
Protestants believe Paul was chosen to lead the church because Peter was a coward and said he didn't know Jesus. Catholics still believe Peter to be the rock or foundation that the church would be built. It's not that hard to understand the argument. It pretty much the same as Sunni vs Shi'a argument.

>be reformed
>eat babies but it's ok because I'll go to heaven if I'm chosen, and I won't if I'm not chosen, so I might as well eat babies

>Be Catholic
>Ask for those who have made it to the glory of God to pray for us as Moses prayed for his people.
>Weep that protties burn in hell.

Except it's not Peter or Paul, it's Peter and Paul the Jews and the Gentiles.

>Catholics on other hand you also need to life according to the 10 commandmands.

Protestants believe this as well, the 10 commandments are scriptural. The difficulty protestants have with Catholics is that they say that a person need to adhere to all (((seven sacraments))) to enrich their chances of getting to heaven. A protestant would say that communion does nothing to get you closer to God and all the fake rituals of Catholicism won't say you on judgement day.

That's totally wrong. Luther and the reformed movement still loved and respected Peter. They just see peter as the first christian. I don't know of any reformer who argued that Paul was the first christian or the true leader of the church lol

Living according to Gods law=true evidence of personal faith.

By stupid Prods you can be a murders, rapists and pedophile. It does not matter as long you nominally believe in a God.

jesus and paul whole a lot of difference, but the fact stays paul is the first pope for the christians not (((peter)))

Paul Confronts Peter

>11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

That's not have predestination works. If you eat babies and commit sin, you have rejected gods grace and will go to hell.

It's fine to pray for dead and to have saints, but Jesus is the only person who can intercede. Many papists don't understand this.

>be catholic
>be polytheist

That's a pretty grand Pepe VIII you have there

> (((seven sacraments))) to enrich their chances of getting to heaven.
The sacrament of confession is not a fake and has a purpose.

The Church is aware that is is impossible for a human to not have a sin. So, confession is needed to get a forgiveness from God and start a new champter.

Catholics have a bunch of ceremonies and official church stuff. Protestants are like do whatever you want. All the different denominations are just a vie for power over the congregation really though, you gotta be different so you're the guy in charge of your new sect. Religion is bluepilled.

>The Church is aware that is is impossible for a human to not have a sin.

Mainline protestants believe this as well.

>The sacrament of confession is not a fake and has a purpose.

I know, I'm a High Anglican and we have confession. In fact, we confess our sins at every single mass and can do private confession with a priest. It is a good thing to do and helps the spirit. However, we don't pretend that it has any power over our salvation.