Why Not Replace Death Penalty with Paralysis?

Instead of executing people why doesn't the government just make them Quadriplegic, this way they are no danger to society since they can't move and it's a more humane alternative to legalized murder.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=96kN76PfSe0
youtube.com/watch?v=5pBUcXmyRGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Death is more humane than this, imo.

cruel and unusual punishment, loss of agency, the cost to ensure you don't create a human trafficking commodity of limp bodies. That is just off the top of my head.

Death penalty is cruel and unusal and who the fuck would traffick limp bodies wtf?

Great idea

you think being stuck in a wheelchair, not being able to move, and looking like an absolute retard is more humane than death? get a fucking grip

Only if you deny them healthcare too, otherwise they are a societal burden as a cripple or as a criminal.

Spend the rest of your life sitting in one position you fucking imbecile. You will go insane in a matter of days.

they'd make great sex toys don't you think?

and the death penalty is less cruel than condemning someone to a life of paralysis that's just sick (and extremely costly)

not to say i'm for the death penalty (i have mixed feelings on it personally, i understand it in some societies and systems and points in time etc but i don't like it on a moral level as i believe people are capable of change, growth, and rehabilitation)

Why not replace this drooling retard with a younger one?

...and now they're a drain on welfare.

Nice work.

Are you fucking serious?

not necessarily, i'm mostly recovered now, but i've dealt with chronic illness for years and have had points where i've been bedbound and couldn't do anything other than just lay around

learned to meditate, practiced lucid dreaming, focused on absorbing information, thought up story ideas etc

people are more than their bodies and the mind is capable of amazing things

that being said i still think paralysis is cruel and unusual punishment

i just think assuming someone would go insane in a matter of days or that there's nothing to a person aside from their body and its limits is a little ridiculous

>...and tie your daughter in front of you so you watch her rot...

Both would be stupid because if even one innocent is executed, every citizen becomes a murderer.

There's difference knowing you will recover and knowing that you're condemned to this state for the rest of your life

murder isn't always wrong, and sometimes innocent people get caught up in bad shit

it's sad, but it's unavoidable

it's a matter of where you put weight

is the life of a single innocent person worth more than the lives a guilty party might have taken, and might continue to take if not killed?

>pissing away money on full-time health care for subhuman invalid trash

i didn't know i was going to recover at that point, i could only hope

i happened to recover (mostly), but i went five years not seeing an end in sight and seeing things get progressively worse for huge chunks of time

you're assuming because i'm doing better i had knowledge i would be, and i didn't and neither did my doctors

anyway, my point is people have different mental capacities and paralysis is a physical limitation yes, but not necessarily a mental one and the mind is just as important as the body

experience through both is preferable, but that doesn't mean losing full use of your body guarantees insanity or even stagnancy

it all depends on the individual and what they do with what they're stuck with

like i said i think it's cruel to do anyway, and not cost effective so it's also pointless, but i don't see it the way you do because there's more to a person than their physical body and more to life than what movement of the physical body enables us to experience

I like this idea

This thread is fucking low IQ, as expected of a kekistani flag

I personally like your attitude. I think quadriplegics have great lives. Think about it, no work, no this no that, no pain, no stress, just relaxation. I think that Tommy Nickleson who cried about it was a big whiner

youtube.com/watch?v=96kN76PfSe0

Too expensive to keep them alive, they'll require people to look after them and government gibs for food, housing, etc.

Just line them up against a wall and open fire.

>Too expensive to keep them alive, they'll require people to look after them and government gibs for food, housing
Think about the jobs.

It might be sad, it might be unavoidable, but that is the very reason we should try to prevent it from happening.

Also, have a murderer rot in his cell and have him think about his deeds for the rest of his life, but do not make the state kill him as justice. Hell, they might even come to regret their actions during their sentence and try to tell others not to do as they have done.

The life of a innocent person is more practical, because you are choosing between a risk of innocent getting executed and an already jailed offender having to spend his life in a cell.

Also, there is the concept of seriously fucked up executions in the past.

Problem with your idea is innocent people might end up in prison.

Those jobs would be mostly created and paid by the government since the cunts don't have money to pay for it themselves.
You're much better off paying for more police officers or better military.

If suffering is your goal, put them on labs that will experiment on them.

Well, I'd rather be dead than a fucking vegetable in a wheelchair

Maim is worse than murder, even by law

Alan Gell is a good example, he ended up in death row for murder, which was commited by two biker gang members, but he was already in prison for car theft. Reason he ended there was prosecutorial misconduct, and had to sit 6 years in death row before getting aquitted.

Even shittier about this is that when prosecutors falsify evidence to win instead of representing everyone else (as opposed the defence lawyer being the one who makes sure the denfendants rights are upheld) it stains the image of the whole justice system.

Reddit go

The problem with the permanent punishments such as the death penalty, castration, removal of hands, limbs, tongue, eyes, hearing, etc...
is that sometimes new evidence or testimony can exonerate the person.

And what then?
You have someone, an innocent, who is no longer productive in a traditional sense (dead or otherwise).

It's the same reason alleged rapists should remain anonymous at least until they are convicted, because being exonerated after having your reputation tarnished with a conviction is a better living than being found innocent at trial - where everyone still thinks you raped someone "then got let off the hook".

It's a little different when the person involved is political, like if they just convicted 'hitler', then he wrote 'Mein Kampf II', there's no way that could be allowed, it would be like the Bolsheviks leaving the romanovs alive or Nelson Mandela!

i never said it wasn't painful, i also never said they necessarily have great lives either

what i said is that they wouldn't necessarily go insane and that there are ways a person in a shitty position can maintain some level of sanity and even experience contentment at times

if someone complains about their state i'm not inclined to assume they're whining, pain is part of everyone's lives and relative to the individual

i'm just pointing out that the mind is just as important as the body and whether the body is limited or not the mind doesn't need to follow those limitations

there's no avoiding suffering, and i'm sure they do suffer, i'm sure they even want to die at points; however that doesn't mean they're incapable of anything and that's all i was pointing out

innocent people rot away in jail for crimes they didn't commit, and prisons are inhumane

you're condemning people regardless, and the innocent people who are in jail are legit being tortured for years at a time

there's no situation where innocent people being falsely convicted is 100% avoidable, so innocent people getting caught up in that system are on the wrong end of things regardless

i don't see that as a reason against the death penalty personally, and you seem to think it's a worse punishment to be in that cell than to die so why subject potentially innocent people to one over the other?

But if you kill an innocent, instead of making him sit in jail, you cannot ever at least set him free.

time spent in jail can permanently damage a person, even if evidence lets them off the hook eventually in the case of false imprisonment

that's the thing, when you use innocent people being wrongly convicted as an argument you're ignoring that regardless they're condemned to something irreversible

the lives they were uprooted from might largely disappear during those years they spend in jail, they don't get that back nor do they get back the weight their time in prison might leave them carrying around

there's permanent consequences to being in jail for them, and yes death is a different sort of permanent but that doesn't change the gravity of jailing innocent people either

fact is yes an innocent person might die from the death penalty being utilized, however it's typically used on people who have killed far others and who could have gone on to kill more than just one more innocent person

anyway the statistics are what would matter here

i'm actually not necessarily for the death penalty, but i don't think the prison system is acceptable as is either and i don't see it as the necessarily better option for an innocent person

I'm sure organ harvesters would love it.

Maybe even a niche market for sex traffickers.

oh hi there stefan dusan the mighty i almost didnt recognize you

i would rather die than be a burden on the state.

if you jail an innocent and then set them free years later you've already taken an irreversible toll on their lives as well

you've destroyed them in other ways and then you put them back outside to a life they can't actually just walk back into and tell yourself no harm done because they're breathing?

are the number of innocent people justifiable in some manner? are more innocent people than criminals being put to death? are the number of people dead because of those criminals less than the number of innocents killed under unfortunate circumstances?

calls that are difficult to make still have to be made, just like sometimes civilian casualties are a reality of war

sometimes innocent people suffer as a result of the world around them, unfortunate, but unavoidable and not necessarily unjustifiable

In the end, death penalty should not be the decision of the state, but should be given as a choice for the person being convicted. Endure your sentence or just die and be free of your pain by your own choice. A sort of anesthesia I guess.

>Death penalty is cruel and unusal

It's literally not.

A method of execution may be, but the penalty is not.

im ignorant, what's that a reference to?

Nah id go for prefontal lobotomy

The jailing is, in the end, just the less worse of extremely horrible things to do to a person.
If a guy gets freed after a wrongful conviction of 20 years in jail, he still has the basic human right to live his life. When executed, you take that from him.

>I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Except jail is more horrible than execution even if it's jail for one year.

Other than cruel and unusual punishment, I guess nothing.

Death row inmates sit in jail for 4-6 years and have to deal with the concept of "I might not wake up the following morning".
Jailed people have hope.

How is something that has taken place since the dawn of humanity, the death penalty, unusual??

The method of execution could be cruel, torture to death, but the method used now is not cruel. Less pain than many deserve.

Bring back the stocks and pillory!

youtube.com/watch?v=5pBUcXmyRGI

Hell, why don't we destroy every road and rebuild them, because jobs.

based serb leader that introduced a very strict code of law , basically law breakers would get mauled for preatty much everything
you steal something (anything) bam your hands get chopped
you make love to another man/woman outside of your marriage ban your nose and ears get chopped off
while two people are fighting and you join for 2 v 1 your beard gets set on fire etc etc

Seconding this. Life-long torture is worse than death.
I think murderers don't deserve as much free time outside their cells as they're given though. What kind of retard thought it would be a good idea to let them freely walk around on the prison's yard every day?

Well, electricity does not always straight up kill people, Gas chamber is not an exact science (people have different chemical balances) and there have been lethal injections where people have been given the sleeping medication enough to make them unable to move, but stay awake while they suffocate.

You cannot really not make an execution completely "not cruel", due to the person executed having to think about it the whole time by knowing it will come.

>make them Quadriplegic
>more humane

nigga what

Interesting Concept user
If you want to kill someone but don't want to be charged with murder, just make them a quadriplegic.

Wrong, they have a certain date they are executed

Why the 2 v 1 fighting thing though. What if you need to break it up?

Why people don't like forced labor as a punishment again?
Gulag flashbacks?

Typical Chinese incompetency in that webm, but unusual in that everyone involved seemed to care, and genuinely trying to help.

captcha: indian composite
What does it mean?

That is fucked up.

It destroys jobs. Think about it, you get prisoners making stuff who gonna get the jobs outside prison?

Oh right

But then we have to pay money to keep them alive and to put them somewhere. Then they'll be taking up space, moaning, and being useless except for the .00001% who end up actually becoming decent people. Point still stands though. It's a waste of resources.

I'm no jew, but killing them will save us countless health care, food, and housing shekels.

Or we could just go 1488 and throw them in an oven.

It would cost too much to keep these people alive compared to killing them. Plus what the hell are you keeping them for?

i'd rather just get shot than spend 20 years of my life in jail for a crime i didn't commit personally

i wouldn't want to see my possibly pregnant gf disappear and raise our child with someone else, or have family members die, and friends move forward in their lives etc while i rotted in a cell and was treated inhumanely for 20 years just to come out and what?

have some rights i lost for decades even though things i valued will be irrevocably destroyed?

i could see how those would be effective, same with public execution and gladiators

So they can sprout their (((scientific))) nonsense, like him? Fuck that, to the chambers, they go!

too costly, bad people shouldn't become a burden for the ok people. end them.

sure

Keeping them alive creates jobs

It creates jobs

>pregnant gf disspear and raise kid with someone else
Then you'd know you cucked someone

It's not effective. All of this shit must be replaced by huge money compensation.

>T. leftist economy knowledge

>Make independent people need 24/7 care for life

And this is why democracy is a mistake. Imagine four retards like you and one sensible person voting on something.

but i want to be a dad and have a family so what good with that knowledge do me? if anything it'd just bother me that she was fucking someone else and they were raising my kid

Nice compliment, considering even the most advanced right-wingers are economically illiterate

>fucking someone else
You just said she's already pregnant, you don't fuck after you get preganant. He'd raise the kid like a cuck while your genes get passed on.

Yeah, the money for paying for this job will fall from the sky in leftie wonderland.

Sure bud, the Federal Reserve TOTALLY doesn't exist.

>you will never live to see a criminal convicted to eternal servitude of the state; brain interfaced for the financial district's networks, kidneys used to filter blood for the civil, digestive tract modified to create animal feed and fertilizers. a body repurposed for the greater good

what are you talking about? first off she enjoys sex more now, told me it feels better, and second how do you think people have multiple kids?

aside from that sex is fun, feels good, and people have sex drives so yeah...

2v1 because there is no honor in fighting then
if you were the break them up you wont recieve any punishment as for them , they will have to pay the fee for fighting

And money in Federal reserve is appearing from air.

10/10

Cuck like to get raped by state. Nice, good goy

The federal reserve SHOULDN'T exist.

>making it so that people are forced to spend the rest of their lives completely dependent on others rather than just ending it all and not forcing them to suffer.
As someone with a chronic disease, fuck you, asshole. I thinks bet you're one of those faggots that thinks that its okay to stop prisoners with life sentences from killing themselves.

That's true. You're real American

So we do have unlimited money

IDK I can't imagine ever having sex for pleasure. It's too much stress and embassment since someone else has to see your penis.

Of course. In leftist wonderland everything is appearing from air

Well without the FED who creates the money? Checkmate

You're braindead or it's sarcasm?

Cruel and unusual punishment

well i guess that's what lights are for if you're embarrassed about anyone seeing you

it's never occurred to me to feel embarrassed by anything during sex though, or when initiating it etc can't imagine my brain getting in the way of me having sex

it's the exact opposite of stressful, but i tend to get depressed and stressed out when i'm not having sex rather than over it

i look at procreation as a side effect of sex not its purpose

to be fair currency only has whatever value people give it

that's why currency substitution is always a good step towards revolution

it takes power away to dictate what is and isn't worthwhile as a society, and money only has the value it's given and allowed to have

>not wanting to go back to the gold standard
Unironically kill yourself.

In modern world it can be a bitcoin

making the currency something like bitcoin would be stupid because of things like government surveillance and the control they have over the means you'd be using to access your money

currency substitution is only worthwhile if it's going to be used as a tool for people to gain power, and having something like bitcoin be the new standard would do the opposite

you want something more tangible

>Keeping them alive creates jobs
Circulating money in the economy is the upside, downside is that what resources go to these jobs, as I stated prior (housing, medical care, food, etc), could be better spent elsewhere. The people doing the jobs to keep these people alive could be doing other jobs that have a greater net benefit to society, like raising livestock and planting vegetables (even flipping burgers) rather than looking over a population of cripples that's rarely going to give anything in return besides "virtue cookies" and a wank of one's conscience.

Virtue cookies are easy to obtain. If you feel so guilty and have the burning desire to be moral, giving homeless people careers would be more productive than making a whole demographic of dependents that would eventually be made into political tools by some SJW movement.