Starship Troopers vs 2017 (no ban, pls)

youtube.com/watch?v=hw2sb8MXUAk&t=509

Likeness and ways to develop into Starship Troopers universe.
>so close to being there
Yet, not quite. How has politics changed and somehow worked up until a united federation of man is still alive?
What is social living end game?
How was it accomplished?

Bonus question:
How old were you when you FIRST saw Starship Troopers?

Bonus bonus question:
How (if yes,) did it affect you?

bonusx3 question:
Is it a coincidence that it popped up on youtube this year in February as free for all on youtube?

Other urls found in this thread:

deturl.com/mirror-flip.asp?v=hw2sb8MXUAk&t=509
goodreads.com/book/show/17214.Starship_Troopers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

bump

As an *actual* 90's kid (born 89) I'm intrigued. This movie has affected myself a great deal, even though subconsciously.

updated bump

What has become of feminism in the Starship Troopers universe?

Genuinely.
>bump

Last bump for this time. Hope people recall.

Mirror the yt link and maybe someone might respond.

Ok seriously last bump (this movie too good).

Figuring out how to do this.

is this the """"prx2.genmirror.com/browse.php?u=rHxmGAHEM5PE2ntYcPFP6iREiqvIaUD6UW7eAhRzH/pKsyfU7xvDZ1ojVs/BjZHzcrmJ9hF26E6j4/iXb//kFyexOsQhEQ==&b=7""""
>PRIVELIGE"
they're talking about?????????

deturl.com/mirror-flip.asp?v=hw2sb8MXUAk&t=509
Pretty sure it should work now.
>>Rewind folks.
Please confirm as is.

Read the book it's even better completely redpilled

Bump because of importance.

Didn't even know there was a (book). Thanks leafbro.
>goodreads.com/book/show/17214.Starship_Troopers
>yes?

One of my favorite books of all time.

It feels so seriously made for the ages.

We're living in the "Failure of Democracy" phase where the social scientists are bringing our world to the bring of chaos.

Few movies are so satirical coming from such a biased source, that they actually become based unironically.
Starship Troopers is one of those movies. That society depicted is pretty cool.

>OP questions
I think I was early 20's? I'd never even heard of the original book's author.
Movie itself activated my almonds, even if it was intended to sort of mock the ideas it presented. I can't disagree with the notion that only those willing to serve the collective group, should have any power-backed say in political matters that pertain to a collective group. So long as the means for proving such are readily available for essentially anyone, it's still pretty egalitarian in my eyes. Just rationally so.

I'll keep posting not just some plush of these, but as I realize my life has been reflecting on these situations and opportunities and thus I must do them justice.

I might not wright as much hence forth. Be strong my brothers and sisters. The hour of humanity lies above.

>he hasn't read Heinlein

You're missing out on a lot

>remade

In what situation?
>(blunt stoned with low-high intensity for learning while intesly interested)
>other

I like that the movie had an appeal on a deeper scale on anyone other than myself. Thank you for partaking and being part of my (and everyones) experience.

Surely clues to the current that can be found.

Do you have any highlights that he points out in his work?

If you read Starship Troopers, Heinlein says that the society depicted arose after the collapse of the 20th century Western democracies, driven in part by an inability to control crime and juvenile delinquency, particularly in North America, and a war between an alliance of the US, the UK and Russia against the Chinese.

While the war with China is unlikely at the moment, the fall of western democracy is quite likely, especially if a large economic crash happens again.

It further critiques modern, enlightenment era society when DuBois talks about Unalienable Right and how they're invalid unless you're willing to actually fight and die for them. Furthermore it talks about the decline of modern egalitarian society due to getting spoiled and morally weak.

Very interesting. Will research.

Have you guys read the Starship Troopers novel? I loved the movie, and the novel explains better the faliure of democracy and Robert A. Heinlen's ideology over modern regimes. I Recommend it a lot.

Exactly, Heinlein also explains that the modern democracy starts failing in south america, as it's happening now. I think its an accurate prediction so far.

Actually it is an almost utopian egalitarian society, since both man and women serve in the military as equals, and there is no distinction whatsoever.

>implies all races are equal and can be united as one
>redpilled
Gtfo leaf scum