Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it

What's a matter with you Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving you their wealth and you reject it. wtf? Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-6YX-aceOk&t
youtube.com/watch?v=3c_dOMVXRhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that arm
SWOLE AS FUCK

The children of boomers are gen x.

>Kinkades
>Hummel
top kek

Just flog it

>Implying I'm not a beast at eBay/Craigslist

Because we dont want tacky useless crap that we cant sell until the the person that gave it to us dies. It also wont fit into our small apartments.

Boomers thinking all their bullshit is worth anything.

Dat flabby arm

You should wait 24 hours before making a repost.

>not wanting free Thomas Kinkade paintings
those prints are usually awesome, I get one of the calendars every year and I'm a "millennial"

Decadent stuff like nicknacks and crap to just take up space. I would resell it unless it had some sort of emotional value and had been passed down through the generations.

>What's a matter with you Millennials?

what's wrong? we're brainwashed abominations thanks to the crypto marxist agenda of boomers. fuck you, and gibe gibs.

and by the wealth you financial illiterate, garbage isn't wealth and storing space costs money. Who do you expect to sell this shit to when it floods the market?

I'll take their stuff if I get their house to put it in aswell.
Else no room, sell it.

Who wants good for nothing 'design' boomers got scammed into buying?

If they had any sense they would've bought gold stuff.

My mother has like a million of these dickens village figures/houses that she loves to death and brings out every christmas, like a little porcelin city. I will never let that collection leave the family but i will have to literally rent a storage space to keep the stuff nice and contained until i can buy a house

I cant image what id do with a fuckhuge dresser or a shitload of fine china ill never use.

>Who do you expect to sell this shit to when it floods the market?
20 years down the road, there will be an even worse generation that collects this shit.

>Mom wants me to take all the shit she has collected in the house
>Because she's selling the house to vacation until she dies.

I don't have room for all of that shit.

20 years of paying for storage + inflation + restoration costs, because let's face it: people suck at storing things adequately. you'll be lucky if you get break even. and add to this opportunity costs, because for the 20 dollar or how much renting a garage costs in the us, you might as well have bought malt liquor and started a very weird but popular blue grass band with some other bums.

>The Baby Boomers are literally giving you their wealth and you reject it. wtf?
90% of that stuff has no real value.

Those cheap mass-produced paintings and little porcelain sculptures that fill your grandparents' house are like the 1950s equivalent of displaying anime figurines or Warhammer 40k models on a shelf in your living room.

Why does most of the buildings in his paintings look like they're on fire?

youtube.com/watch?v=z-6YX-aceOk&t

It's a christian thing. Something about the fire inside you.

>tfw he just liked burning shit

Avacado toast.

Explain why boomers are all fucking hoarders...

They don't want Obama commemorative coins or 9/11 dinner plates?

Because the Boomers fucked up the economy and house and jobs markets, no one can afford a big enough place to take on their parents' stuff.

>But they can inherit the house
LMAO no, the Boomers will throw their own relatives under the bus if they can't personally profit from them. They will allow their children to become homeless because they couldn't afford a 800K house on a minimum wage 20h/W job - the only job they could get. Thanks to them truly.

Fuck the Boomer generation.

a sign of suppressed sexual desires. that guy is probably pervy beyond belief. By the way somebody post some example. I'm too lazy to look him up.

>>wealth

lol

They are giving me the shit that even they don't want anymore.

Selling all that shit at auction like people have done for decades when their family dies.

This isn't even a story.

fireplace and candlelight

incandescent lighting wasn't patented until the late 19th century, and people who lived on the frontiers wouldn't have access until well after its urban adoption

these clips are linked all of the time, but here's an example of actual candlelit conditions:

youtube.com/watch?v=3c_dOMVXRhw

How about they give me some actual wealth? Money, jewelry, vehicles, the house, won't be any complaints about that. Why the fuck would I care about worthless porcelain crap?

Does anybody here have an ancestral home? Maybe a cabin or something where 4 or 5 generations have lived in.

We reject it because society as a whole devalues it.
I'm sorry Gramgram, but unless your dinnerware is actual silver, it'll sell for like $50 max on Ebay or Craigslist.

Even the best thing you could give us, actual furniture, is meaningless because the housing market is so fucked that it is far easier and less stressful to just eternally rent than it is to try buying.

Kek LIMITED EDITION. MUH FRANKLIN MINT.

My dad was going to give me his when the time came, but his (((investment banker))) new wife told him to sell it off and rake money for retirement, though he earns like 90K a year anyway, and she over 120K. She also convinced my silent-generation grandparents (who are basically approaching death at this point), to sell their house and break up the block to put 5 apartments. They'll be loaded just before they die, and guess who will get the money...
Yes, she is a boomer.

>And then she gives me shit for not being able to afford my own home.

I can't wait for all of them to die.

so cozy guys
gotta throw in 5k-10k each and build a house like that somewhere in siberia

Part of the problem is a lot of the "junk" older americans are looking to give away really isn't worth much in today's economy. The antiques market has been real hit or miss since 9/11.

Most people have shit taste and the type of "antiques" they chose to collect are often junk Lenox china bird figurines, Franklin mint collector plates and terrible 1960's generic press glass thats a dime dozen and not worth shit.

Younger people want newer more modern home goods and furniture, something you're not going to find in a late 1800's mission dresser or table. Even if you can get them to take stuff no one owns houses anymore so they don't have room for 40 years worth of stuff in their apartment. Storage is expensive as fuck and we all have 100K + in college debt to make payments on. Selling things or taking them to auction is more expensive and time consuming than you think. Unless you can get the business to offer you money outright for everything you'd have to store it and take the items little by little to the place to get them sold.

Family always takes the stuff worth money, the problem is thats only 5% of grandmas crap.

>See all this crap?
>someday it will be yours to take to the dump
Thanks

I bet she skips leg day

Only when baby boomers start killing themselves would I be happy

Bump for anyone else who wants to see it.

>Useless crap
I know where to get a dumpster to dump that shit in.

>We blew all our savings on useless shit. It's all yours when we die!

There is millennial overlap as well.

My boomer parents sold or trashed 95% of their parent's stuff. This is just normal.

You keep the good stuff that has sentimental value and get rid of the rest.

Yeah let me keep all of this garbage that nobody but boomers would want

Because we have the tech to produce garbage at a rate 100x faster so there stuff is worthless to us.

You think boomers are bad?
My grand mother "Greatest Generation" has an 1800 sqft house filled with 4 complete bedroom suits, 8 dressers, 6 night tables, 5 beds, 2 walk in closets full of cloths and shoes, 3 couches, 2 loveseats, 3 dining room sets, 8 recliners and 4 hutch cupboards all bought between 1968-1989. 80% of it is worthless junk because it is solid heavy dark colored wood in fare to bad condition because of cat and dog piss.