California Self Cucks

Removes Algebra requirement

scpr.org/news/2017/07/31/74202/california-state-university-to-eliminate-algebra-r/

>After months of deliberation California State University officials say they’re sending an executive order to their campuses next month to eliminate a math requirement for entering students who are not pursuing math or science related careers.

This is how cucked California is. Holy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.csuchico.edu/viewer/13/BACHELORREQS.html#Diversity
catalog.csuchico.edu/viewer/13/GENED/DIVRNONEUN.html
nytimes.com/2005/06/25/education/philadelphia-mandates-black-history-for-graduation.html#
archive.is/Wm7ap
zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-22/its-official-canadian-bank-depositors-are-now-risk-bail-ins
youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>california is cucked and I'm fucking retarded.

They will be voting to leave the (((union))) in 2018.

KYS

Previous thread

KYS 2X

you'd have to be literally retarded to not be able to pass algebra.

college used to be for smart people. Now we've watered down the standards so much that we're allowing literal retards to graduate.

Why do artfags insist that they don't need math just because they're not exclusively using math? There was a time when artists were artists but had strong math backgrounds. Modern art is why Hitler didn't get into art school despite being a damn good painter.

>people other than Engineering majors are useless.
>small business is more important than government jobs!

You are unironically slope-headed.

Trying this hard. Thanks for the bumps fag.

>I has a xtra chromosome. Mommy told I that was impordent to make poelitikael comentz on these intranetz.

Before Common Core, high schools often had a sequence of math classes that began with Algebra I in the freshman year, and ended with pre-calculus in the senior year. When I was in high school, I was able to take an advanced sequence, beginning with Geometry and ending with AP Calculus. Now, the final class taught under Common Core is Algebra II (which used to be taught during the sophomore or junior year depending on whether or not one is taking the advanced track), and AP Calculus has been effectively gutted.

Now I am seeing that universities in California are gutting requirements for classes that you should have taken in the first year of high school (if not during the last year of middle school as I did), and that the state of New York has gutted a literacy test requirement for their K-12 teachers.

Is it so much to ask that we have standards? High standards, preferably?

We don't need math anymore, it's remedial.

I'z tarded bot mommie told be to sage alewaytsz ever posts.

eat several bags of randomly selected dicks from the most deplorable men existing today, sir.

It seems that Ray Bradbury's "Farenheit 451" scenario is really coming to pass.

>Now, the final class taught under Common Core is Algebra II (which used to be taught during the sophomore or junior year depending on whether or not one is taking the advanced track), and AP Calculus has been effectively gutted.
Do you have any more info on this? I graduated high school before Common Core and not as familiar with it as I should be.

>shitlibs sabotaging their own institutions
great. I see this happening a lot more in the minority-run Democrat party of the future

minus every action that formed the basis for the plot.

YAY FOR YOU!! YOU READ A BOOK AND REFERENCED IT INCORRECTLY! YOU DESERVE A PAT ON THE ASS FOR READING SOmETHING IMPORTANT!

Reason 6 billion to hate niggers with a passion. This is only being done because niggers and spics are too stupid to understand basic math. Niggers have an IQ that is lower than gorillas, and spics aren't too far behind.

>for entering students who are not pursuing math or science related careers.
I'm completely ok with this.

>The common curriculum is decided in Texas, a historically red state.

>Education is viewed as evil by Conservative voters.

>Ejamacashun is evil! Fuckin libtards need to stop endoktrinashimikatin' muh chillunz!!!

>Red-voting educators push common core, red voters dont understand that shit any more than "libtards" do..

>"THANKS OBAMA!!!111!111!!!!!"

>Liberals think conservatives are even more retarded than before...

exactly, real art backgrounds would consist heavily in math and science.

Unfortunately feel like Texas will be next, from my experience Texas maybe the one fluke of a redpilled generation, The state has been leaning more and more blue lately and late 90's kids and 2000 kids have been leaning towards Bernie, SJWism, Transgenderism (this one a lot), and multiculturalism.

It wont take long before people start saying to make shit easier for spics and niggers, right now there is one last band of resistance but once Cruz, Abbott, and most people who run our education here die off or are kicked out of office this state is going full blue mode

TL;DR: 2020 will be the year Texas turns blue and will start to go to shit

If retards don't need algebra to get into college then I don't need to take your commie indoctrination white guilt classes.

Huge lack of (You)'s for my argument. Either this was a slide thread or you faggots don't have any counter-points. Either way I win. Eat a dick.

pay to play... why do you think degrees dont mean shit.

you can be over 130 IQ and still fail algebra if you just refuse to study or do homework/show work with some teachers
also, "College" in the US being for "smart people" is sad. a bachelors degree, arts or science, from most public US universities barely even meets the highschool diploma level in most European and some East Asian countries
many of them adopt a system in which they identify by their "grade 7" whether someone is better suited toward a vocational / technical type education, or if they should pursue a traditional "university" type education.
the US public/government school education is more based upon the Prussian/Worker Bee system. being smart in this country isn't really saying much.

Much like literacy tests at polls, forcing white mathematic concepts like Algebra on PoC is racist. Good for California.

Texas millennial here, its so funny watching trump crash and burn, seriously we cant let this guy get the nuclear codes

the California immigrants don't make it easier. For the most part they bring their retarded ideas that ruined Cali with them.

reason 7 gorillion
love the pic
gay cosmetology teacher thinks "you faggots make me sick, I can't wait to retire"

If Math and Science students have to take humanities classes for a "well rounded education", I think everyone else can be required to take some math classes.

History major here

while I do find these math classes as high school part 2 electric requirement jew these fucks shouldn't take the easy way out

One step closer to art being individualized instead of advancing our societies. Art has it's place. It's there to inspire us to be better which includes the people around us since we live in societies now. What Califags have done is going to cause more of pic related.
>but it's art guise :DDDDD really makes me think

Good meme
Shit thought i was the only one, yeah they've all been bringing that degenerate gang shit here a few years ago, wish my school cop would've gotten onto them about throwing gang signs and shit like that, instead he was a cuck about it.

And yet, the diversity indoctrination requirement remains

False. I'm just at 130. Never studied. Skipped homework. Still cruised at a B in a hyper competitive academic environment.
Stop being a brainlet

so..... Brawndo has electrolytes?

Where is this from?

I completed 3 years of college but got stumped by the math requirements. I can honestly say that in decades of working, I never needed algebra

I also didn't need astronomy, physical education nor art appreciation.

> increased labor competition from free trade and immigration
> wages stagnant for non-college grads
> policy makers think, "how do we help all these non-college grads?"
> give college degrees to everyone, change requirements until everyone can pass
> ???
> profit

if you appreciate dank memes you appreciate art bro

Unbelievable. It's just fucking basic algebra that was a requirement for worthless majors anyway.

I live in California and we have these things called "alternative schools." They're basically schools where if you fail a bunch of classes, or get expelled, you get sent there to graduate with a diploma equal to a real high school. The school days are shorter and easier. Legit, in the one next to my high school, the seniors had no finals, and played softball tournaments for the last week (they also graduate before actual high schools). Are these all over or just in California?

>False. I'm just at 130. Never studied. Skipped homework. Still cruised at a B in a hyper competitive academic environment.
>Stop being a brainlet
If you were able to make a B with zero homework and test scores alone, you should be smart enough to know that is not a "hyper competitive academic environment".
By the way, an IQ of 130 isn't anything worth bragging about

CSU Chico's catalog. But its the same at basically all the CSU's.

catalog.csuchico.edu/viewer/13/BACHELORREQS.html#Diversity

catalog.csuchico.edu/viewer/13/GENED/DIVRNONEUN.html

WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING AMERILARDS DOING? HOLY SHIT

>remove math for non-math and science related courses
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETARDS
You guys are sad and pathetic

>I also didn't need astronomy, physical education nor art appreciation.

Education standards were based around concepts of rounded people which are just ideals from the enlightenment.

If you created education standards designed to minimize waste, indoctrination and maximize job opportunity the whole curriculum would look different and half of courses would be cut.

It makes even less sense in the US when you pay out the ass for sub standard education in all but a few schools and they have the balls to pad your education with filler to boot.

I use algebra, trig, and calculus every day (software engineer for a game developer).

I actually had to learn calc/trig from scratch in college because my public math education was trash. If anything we should be making those classes more difficult rather than removing them due to the lowest common denominators.

Making it easier for transgender mexicans to get their liberal arts degree

Algebra is incredibly simple. Anyone who can't understand it is not mentally fit to receive a degree in anything.

It's simple. College is a brainwashing program. Liberals want to make sure as many people can enter the brainwashing program. Thus they remove requirements one by one.

Niggers and spics can't hack it. Math is a white/asian man's game.

Definitely had them in SD and North County
Also some schools had an extension program available where you can do the same program under contract (with parents for students under 18) to make up credits to remain in and graduate with the same school
Lots of other states do them, but usually it is only for students who get expelled and sent there temporarily as punishment, or students who bus in from juvenile detention centers
>Algebra is incredibly simple. Anyone who can't understand it is not mentally fit to receive a degree in anything.
Agreed. I can see granting high school diploma with "alternative" math classes, but even a community college associates degree shouldn't be granted to someone who cannot get at least a D- in a standard Algebra II class

I thought you were exaggerating at first user. Apologies. What the fuck is wrong with Illinois?

Reminds me of when Philly made black history a requirement for high school graduation
>nytimes.com/2005/06/25/education/philadelphia-mandates-black-history-for-graduation.html#

Education in America is a meme.

Always archive it
archive.is/Wm7ap

>algebra in college
wut? It's standard to be done with Calculus by the time you graduate hs

>I use algebra, trig, and calculus every day (software engineer
According to Sup Forums, that makes you a failure. "Lol I was doing Complex Analysis in 4th grade, you fucking brainlet." This place really bums me out sometimes.

Holy shit. Literal communist propaganda indoctrination courses. Dropped math requirements.

Any of you hippies trolling in the evil zone need to think long and hard about this shit.

I have actual brain damage and apply hard math to my everyday life. I just cant understand or prove it on paper.

This shit ain't education by any worthwhile definition of the word.

Wait are you trying to be sarcastic because I see nothing wrong here shill

I hope you enjoy your economic collapse when your housing bubble comes crashing down. Good thing you elected the High Cuck Trudeau to save yo- oh wait... he made it so your banks can freeze your accounts if they need it!

>zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-22/its-official-canadian-bank-depositors-are-now-risk-bail-ins

Too bad there aren't any liberals to debate with on this thread. Oh well. Most liberals are too fucking retarded and are cry baby attention queers

Hahahaha holy shit.

SOOOO glad I'm leaving this shithole soon. They are hellbent on killing themselves.

I can't wait for calexist. I'm going to become a warlord and take over my neighborhood when the state becomes a post apocalyptic war zone

So are they going to be removing the English requirement for STEM majors?

Gee, I wonder what's the motivation...

> whites BTFO by Asians goddam lol

im thinking hard about moving back, need a lieutenant?

Universities are business, they just want people who can't count to get loans and give it to them under the false promise that gender studies and other bullshit studies can get you a career.

how else are they going to pay for your labs? say thank you and shut up.

california is fucking perfect

you are all fucking FAGGOTS

>tfw faggots talk shit about paradise

I wouldn't say 451 is an important book. It's more a short sci-fi story that has a critical view of ignorant people and how personal learning can save yourself from the niclear bombs and hunter drones.

I don't even understand your post. I'm just saying that these threads are pretty discouraging to people trying to learn. I suspect that Sup Forums exaggerates the mathematical proficiency of your average person somewhat. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the average person could even handle calc I, forget about anything more advanced. According to/pol/ the likes of Neumann and Ramanujan may as well have sucked dick for a living because they wouldn't be up to par as mathematicians.

I ended up minoring in nigger history because the minor was the same as the breadth requirement. Easiest A ever and also the biggest waste of time and money I've ever spent. I remember, this guy who called himself a professor would dress like a rapper and just say nigguh nigguh nigguh over and over. I didn't bother taking notes because I was afraid some niggers would see me write nigger and then behave like niggers.

Also, if I wrote that i minored in niggeronomy on my resume, would that be instant interview at most firms?

Algebra is applied logic. If you can't logic, you can find some in the ovens.

>how else are they going to pay for your labs
If only the money went there and not to the pointlessly large (((administration costs))).
>they just want people who can't count to get loans
Yeah, government loans that they'll never pay back. In other words I'm paying for it if only in a more roundabout way.

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO TAKE RACE AND MINORITY STUDIES CLASSES AS GENERAL EDUCATION IF IM A FUCKING MATH MAJOR>?!!>!>!>>!>!??!?!

Meanwhile... everyone is forced to take gender studies.
Soylent green when?

An important question is why don't they have to take a Civilization course for their liberal arts degrees. Maybe we'd see less post modernist degenerate shit and more of pic related.

Nice job Poland. One of the few non cucked countries left. Preserve your history and culture unlike the Commiefornians.

Na, I like concrete legos myself.

As a math minor, algebra is really useless, all that time learning it is a waste and it be better in using it in different mathematica or something else.

I fucking hate this state. I gotta leave soon. I can't take this shit any longer.

that's what happens when you let full herds of liberal life fuck ups move to your state. that's why the whole fucking nation hates california, they move and bring all of their baggage yet demand that whatever local populace they move to adopt their style of policies and politics.

Logic is important.

Since they can't just fix the problem by saying it's whi-pipo and use affirmative action, and they've backed themselves into a corner by making it whi-pipo vs minorities instead of accepting basic statistical truths, they need to straight up slash any kind of program that can potentially "perpetuate labor inequity"because if they called out the Chang for being ridiculously good at math, then they'd have to admit that white people aren't tyrants who keep the negro and the chang at the same level for not being white

now your degrees are even more worthless

youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80

algebra is used in things you use everyday, retard.

We had the geometry -> calculus track too

But what this will mean is the retard normies will be easier to swindle

that's the only way to get blacks and muslim refugees into college.

california just got stupider....

Math is useless if you're studying an artistic field.

Imagine you're working on an indie game. Do you seriously think you'll need to use matrix multiplication or calculate derivatives?

>now your degrees are even more worthless
One more step closer to equality. Just fucking nuke us already. Yuri was right. Babby's first red pill comes full circle.

They just want more money from more students

Sup Forums: WAHHHHH THIS IS DEGEBERATE
thIS IS THE END OF THE woRLSD

seriously guys ?

>omg it's like, the right wingers fault, even though it's *almost* entirely leftists that write it and push for it
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

Probably because we used to have 3 different courses - one for the smart students that was slightly better than what you'd get in Europe or East Asia, one that was for normal people that would be about average with Eastern Europe, and one for retards, which was fucking Africa-tier. In the bottom course, the most advanced math class you had to take was Geometry. The most advanced science you needed was Biology. These were classes that advanced students took in their Freshman year.

Then Bush merged the two higher courses, making it somewhere in the middle of the two prior, so your average European level education. That still left the retards with their own courses, and everything was fine. Not as good as before, but fine.

THEN, under Obama, Common Core merged the retard course with the other one, leaving just one course. One course designed to be at the level of the retards.

Hell, i graduated back in 2010 from a high school in Commifornia, and enough of our students bitched about having to do 3 years of algebra. Always arguing about "i'd never need to use this kind of math anyways"

I say let commifornia burn, i won't miss it one bit. Used to be a nice state, what with some cool weather and beautiful scenery. But now it ain't worth the mountains and lakes to deal with the liberals and illegals. Its like every month they hike up taxes for one reason or another

>tfw they were doing 3 years of Algebra because they couldn't pass Algebra the first time so they had to go the 'fun' way

The lead up to the book is when people stop caring about education. Of all of the big dystopian novels, California resembles We the most, at least in terms of ideological hegemony. Maybe a little bit of Brave New World.

i was gonna say, it's 2 years of math, and doesn't even necessarily have to be Algebra, you can graduate with "business math" unless things have changed in the last 15 years

Latiana, a latinx non-binary person is oppressed at a rate of 6 microaggressions per hour. Jamal, a black trans man is oppressed at a rate of 11 microaggressions per hour. If Latiana and Jamal attend an Antifa rally together for 4 hours, how many genders are there?