Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it

What's a matter with you Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving you their wealth and you reject it. wtf? Explain this.

who writes this shit, its like nickelodeon magazine with grown up words

This

Yet another "all millennials are the same" FAKE NEWS.

My parents have a lot of useless junk, it's all going in the trash when they're gone.

I do not want more shit piling up in my 100 squared feet room

because it will take up space, and i can't sell it till they die, and no one wants it anyway

My mom has a really tacky taste. Also most of her stuff she got from goodwill. I think she has a few plates but other than that nothing.

Useless shit that housewives bought in the 20th Century to decorate the home

modern women spend money on clothes and makeup instead

Because nobody wants or needs your Franklin Mint Jackie Kennedy commemorative doll.

sounds like fake news.

jews want you to keep consuming goys

>wealth
Yeah most of that shit is worthless, that's the problem. My granny tried to give me her old closet telling me that she paid 20k for it back in the day. Turned out nobody is going to buy this junk and I have a hard time telling it even for 100 bucks.

I love my granny but damn these people overvalue their old stuff way too much.

Where the fuck do you buy closets as a single unit item

why the fuck would i take up a display case for my pokemon collection with a bunch of ugly china??and there's no room in my basement for it because of all of the Avocado Toast MREs

My old man said he's going to accidentally lose his Glock18 in a boating accident before he dies.

This. Most boomer stuff is complete shit, and they can't tell the difference between the shit they think they're giving their children and the quality stuff their own parents gave them.

Boomers are fucking cancer.

I wish my parents had stuff as good as the old lady in OP's picture. They mostly have all of my old furniture and gadgets. I would be inheriting my own old stuff that I didn't want years ago.

Give your old man a hug.

If you don't want it tell them to throw it away so that you don't have to. They'd probably appreciate the space and you won't have to toss it yourself

its sad really that they spent their whole life collecting this stuff to one day give it to their kids
they literally bought each item with you in mind and are soul crushed to be told that you dont want it...
HOWEVER

>into the trash
Yeah, no. I use ebay.
Cash > Dust-gathering shit.

When my mom does spring cleaning she tosses or donates everything that doesn't have a daily use. When she goes I'll get some decent furniture, and some outdated electronics. She never buys anything she doesn't have a repeated and frequent use for

repeat thread
Slide thread

INTO THE TRASH

SAGE
sage
SAGE
sage
SAGE
sage

everyone posting below this line is a huge faggot

Boomer trash will be nothing compared to all the Milenial trash of semen covered anime and superhero figurines, and funkopop shit

>a bunch of useless junk they bought by throwing future generations into a hellish pit of debt
>wealth
I swear I'm gonna burn all my boomer parent's trash right out of the window of their deathbed.

>Giving your son a living grenade.

PRINCESS DIANA COMMEMORATIVE PLATE

Maybe my parents just have good taste, but they have a lot of cool shit. The glassware from the 60s and 70s is unlike anything you'll see today. They've also got some old cameras from the 50s and 60s, kitchen items, knives and books from the late 1800s and an old chalice from the 1780s.

I don't know, I just love old stuff with great designs or history behind it. Granted, Norway didn't have that plastic culture that America had back when the boomers were in their prime. There were a lot more traditions and quality items here back then. It wasn't until Ikea became mainstream that everything started to look cheap and ugly.

We Millennials are the last generation on this planet.

I really don't think there will be another after us, the birthing rate is dropping fast and soon it'll be almost none at all.

Soon the elite will initiate their global purging order and wipe out billions in poor nations. Probably explains why immigration is so rampant right now, they're basically having 1st world nations collect their DNA to preserve whatever culture they have for the 21st century.

I don't want possessions. I already have too much and wish to downsize more to become even more of a transient.

There's not too much left though, honestly. Gotta find a way to dispose of my books and I bet I can get all my worldly possession to fit in a suitcase which will be just fine for me. The only real extra possession I like is my anime mug mugs.

You're lucky. I have a hoarder mum. It's hell, she has a massive boomer mcmansion and it's absolutely full of dusty old blankets, dolls, China, glasses and useless shit like this. It's all worthless.

Your pops is a good man.

your thumb looks wrong to me user

They've also got this. First edition of Snorre's Sagas in bokmål, from 1899 or so.

I encouraged my mom to collect silver jewelry. Lots of people on eBay don't understand taxco is silver.

Problem is that majority of so called heirlooms aren't worth the cost.

Real valuable heirlooms need to be from the 18th century at least to break even on sales.

It would be rare for something from 1900 onwards to be worth much unless the object's history is associated with somebody famous.

If you guys start watching stuff like Antiques Shows, you will start to notice the biggest money makers are stuff some US soldier who is someone's great grandad or grandfather who bought stuff from Asia back to America during the two world wars.

Same here.

Literally everything I want in life is under $500.

Maybe it's just me but I actually like my parent's china and plan on using it, also all the paintings and shit. I don't know if they'll leave me cash on account of my dad is an objectivist and my mom is just plain bad with money. I'm great with money though so it'll probably work out. I'll also inherit my family's Nazi memorabilia so there's that too.

My dad has some awesome shit. I want it all but have no idea where I could possibly fit it. Not stupid baubles or old furniture but bad ass tech shit and shit for making shit.

Why would you sell your family history?

"Wealth"

>implying collections of crap they themselves never used that no one else with half a brain wants sitting around taking up space and collecting dust has any value
>only had value to a vapid overpaid subhuman generation
>boomers to children: here you throw this out

They can pay to dump their shit themselves

Japan has a better collection culture due to the belief in Shinto where the older the object is, the greater the chance for it to manifest a soul and become a tsukumogami

fuck yo couch nigga

Oh, and my father has one of these, which he used in his old business, before electric calculators were a thing.

>fucking dinner ware
>(((((wealth)))))
laughable, wasteful, pointless, materialistic nonsense.

The only stuff my parents actually keep is stuff my grandparents and great grandparents and uncles and such owned. So I have stuff like my grandmother's old irons, my great-grandmother's pistol, my uncle's Vietnam photos, and my grandfather's rifles. I don't really plan on selling stuff like that. The actual junk my parents are great at selling themselves.

Bitch has disgusting taste. Who the fuck wants ugly cigarette tar stained china?! You cant clean that shit and it ends up stinking up your house and smells like a cheap brothel.

Your father was a brainlet.

>my parents only have debts

my parents have a decent, but old, house in a 60% black town. all the money they've made in the past 30 years has gone into the house and property

I'm sure my brother is going to want to keep it, because it's paid off. But I sure as fuck don't want a house in a 60% black town.

I have a rifle that was bought by my Great Grandfather. Shoots good too. I rather have sentimental items like that than bunch of junk.

I use to have a fishing rod given to me by my Other Great Grandfather. Unfortunately I don't remember where I put it. Lol.

now that i think about it, my dad has spent more money on fucking cigarettes and beer than he has on anything, everything, combined, on my entire family. thanks boomers.

Interesting post, I've been given the contents of 3 friends apartments over the past year. I could seriously start a op shop, 3 x 50 inch electric Jews, 4 couches, 3 fridges, and every DVD ever made.

I'm now turning down freebies cos I don't have room, I've also been given 2 old cars (I can fix anything) and motorbike.

We're at peak 'stuff' it's negative value now lol. Thank u Keynesian economics!!

>Op shop = second hand store for you non Australian goyim, op shop is sort hand for opportunity shop. Oppe shoppe if you're a fag

I guess that's why he retired a millionaire, and succeeding in several different fields.

Whether something is valuable or junk is a matter of opinion.

All millennials are the same: fucking stupid.

Not many people want their house to be like a museum.

I would sell anything that is fragile or bitter like Porcelain or anything potentially perishable like Wood.

Objects made of metal would be easier to keep and maintain.

If anything, paintings collected by Boomers might be worth keeping since hanging something on a wall won't take up that much space compared to a big display case taking up the floor of a room.

I remember you, post your mugs

And what will you do when you get caught with an unlicensed firearm?

And if you don't want it, probably no-one else will either, so you can't sell it for anything.

That suggests selling that stuff now, while other boomers are still alive.

For a new TV! Because American's are trash.

He'd be a billionaire if he didn't need the crutch of a mechanical calculator.

Majority of couches end up in the landfill.

If you read articles about it, it is pretty hard recycling old furniture due to all the chemicals and other shit used to make them.

Also, when most people graduate from college, they try to get rid of their mini fridges fast as well since mini fridges only make sense for use in a college dorm room not your actual apartment or house.

No one wanted the Norman Rockwell plates I found at my grandmas. Like 30 of them. She got them as an unwanted gift. My mom wouldn't let me use them for target practice.

>america
>unlicensed firearm

>Not many people want their house to be like a museum.
Given that we're on Sup Forums, that's an awful attitude to have. I'm surprised at the lack of respect people have for their history and culture. People constantly talk about how they wished they were living in the 50s, but have absolutely no desire to hang on to the last remnants of bygone eras.

I can understand not wanting your mother's cheap souvenirs and trinkets, but I would assume most families have items with more personal or historical value than that.

This is happening because none of us can actually own houses so there is no where to put this stuff.

My mom is having the exact same problem where my grandmother passed and there is so much useless "collectables" that there is no where to put it. Sometimes you have to let shit go no matter how sentimental.
It should be a lesson to you that if you're going to buy shit you actually have to consider the lasting value of it and not just the feelings or some other bullshit.

>Have many cousins
>Father died when I was young
>Grandma lived with me and helped raise me
>My mother is bipolar or something (not diagnosed, but everyone who met her agrees she is fucking mental)
>My grandmother was very kind and loving
>Close to my grandmother as a result
>My mom hated my grandmother because she was jealous of her
>Forced her to move out
>Grandma gave me a cutesy little trinket
>Kept it as a memento and visited her often
>When I went to college, she went to live with my cousins
>Two of my cousins got knocked up, one of them got married, the other now a single mother who dropped out of school
>Eventually get a job, fiancee
>Find out on the day of my wedding that she's terminally ill and can't come
>She dies and leaves enough money to buy a house to the cousin who got knocked up
>Leaves me with a few hundred bucks
>Put it towards student loan payments
>Now all I have left of her is the trinket
>I would have taken the rest of them if I could
Feels bad

What are good items to pass on to your children? (Besides cash, gold & silver bullion)

Computer monitors sell more than TVs these days. Catch up with the times, grandpa.

People are cutting the cable cord in exchange for just internet instead.

>mom still has worthless shit of her mom and dads like fucking leather shoes and blankets and shit that I will have to throw away one day when she dies
>I tell her about all the shit I've thrown away about 2x a year when I clean out my apartment and get rid of anything I do not use
>"user why do you throw so much stuff away you're never going to have anything"

yeah mom i'm never going to have a house and a job that pays $60k/year with a high school education like you

lel i fucked ur granma

I can't complain. Mom left me a complete bedroom set, some potted plants, a revolver, and $25k payout from life insurance. My dad is going to leave me like 150 mounted animal heads though. . . That's going to take some planning.

My Mother in Law is like this with her shit she tries and fills up my house with her worthless shit. Bitch please how about your generation does the next one a favor for once and take your shit to the dump.

Silver place settings. Useful, valuable and tasteful.

There's nowhere to put any of this shit. We're being covered in useless shit our parents overpaid for combined with the poor economy and bad housing market there is simply no way to just hold onto all of this stuff.

If people really wanted us to keep this they would've better prepared the world for us to inherit it.

>explain
no sense
no space
no taste

The original poster also used a US flag.

You get caught carrying a gun that isn't in your name and/or licensed to you and you'll go to jail in the US.

We grew up with the internet and advanced education programs, millennials are smarter than gen x who a lot of the time were deliberately miseducated by Soviet spies sent to high schools and universities.

Boomers are incidentally dumb, because no technology. Gen x are willfully dumb, that's where all the cucks and rad fems really are, you think anyone really cares about feminism until they're in their 30s and ticking hard and need someone to blame?

It's really just fat millennial women and single gen x women. Even the cucks are starting to deliberately lose arguments because they know they're wrong but are too invested.

>When I try to avoid an easy argument in the office and he keeps going, but I take the bait and win in under a sentence and he acts like "everything according to plan"
They're trying to look stupid, the cucks are in a way our guys.

Its just women.

It's just gen x women and millennial women. Even then, if there's no sexual frustration involved they're unlikely to be feminists.

>You get caught carrying a gun that isn't in your name and/or licensed to you and you'll go to jail in the US.

No, you won't. I'm confused why you think a gun has to be "licensed to you" in the US. Pussy blue state kid, huh? Must suck.

I keep my grandfather's Bible he got while in the Air Force next to my bed. It isn't worth anything but I think of him when I see it. When my other grandfather died the military presented my uncle with a flag and he gave it to me since I was my grandfather's only grandson. I have it in a case with a picture of him in his army days now and look at it throughout my day. It's stuff like that I want to keep. My parents even told me the stuff that has no sentimental value to just sell when they die.

>Be my mom
>"If the house is burning down the first thing I'm gonna grab all the pictures because they're worth 1,000 words"

Bitch there are plenty of more valuable things than the goddamn pictures. Just scan them all onto a single flash drive and you can grab that, then grab all the rest of the things that are actually valuable.

Boomers seem to have no concept of what's actually valuable. They just sit around watching infomercials about the newest collectible coins. I think there was even a South Park episode mocking how those infomercials take advantage of dumb gullible boomers and their desire to buy useless junk.

I had an old crusty bitch (I still love her but thats what she was) that my mom was a care taker of who signed me on her will to inherit all her shit. Problem was she spent the last 40 years of her life sitting on her ass chain (((smoking))) and collecting social security. When we had to move all her shit most of it was so stained by tar and stank that we had to burn it. 99% of it was worthless impulse buys that were tacky and ugly. (dishes in the shape of asses, mickey mouse cups, that sort of stupid shit that only a boomer would buy.) we kept some of the furniture but it stank so fucking bad EVEN AFTER 7 FUCKING YEARS that we just ended up burning it as well because nobody was willing to buy a moldy cigarette soaked nightstand. The only cool shit we ended up keeping wasnt even her's but her father's pictures and memorabilia from WW1.

Family letters or albums are small and easy to keep.

You can't get more personal that letters or photos.

However, once heirlooms get larger than a photo album, it isn't so easy to keep them.

You really don't know how much extraneous shit boomers accumulated.

get a trust

I live in Arizona. We don't require a concealed carry permit, technically, but you still have to have registered the gun.

Why would the dad "lose" the handgun if there wasn't something to be concerned about.

My grandmother probably only has a year left to live. We've always been close, and she's aware of the fact that I'm the only one who seems to care about our family history. As a result, she's left a lot of old things with me, including my grandfather's uniform and medals from the war, along with various items that her parents and grandparents owned that she's held on to.
Recently she dug out a really old photo album (I'm guessing it's from the 1920s), filled with pictures of her parents' extended family, going back to the 1800s. I never knew she had it.
It's got notes about who they are and what they did with their lives. It's really fascinating.

I'll happily inherit my parents Lake cabin, sailboat, and classic BMW.

It's all worthless shit as well you have to pay people to take it off your hands and burn it. Fucking Boomers man they are going to be a hated generation.

Guns, ammo, accessories.
Computers that predate the hardware backdoors (so from ~2006 or earlier) or non-x86 stuff.
Books.

>tfw I will inherit a house and big parcels of forests

Could be worse lul

Very true, I encountered something like this on a trip to the tip (dump)

I rolled up with 4 mattresses in my ute (truck) and they told me it cost $40 each to drop them off!! The other tip quoted me $100 when I later phoned around to get to the bottom of this Jewry.

It hadn't occurred to me that my couches would also come with a negative value.. sheeeit. Interestingly, I've had no luck selling either of my cars, and I'm asking a low price, seems everyone finances second hand cars from used car lots now rather than outright purchasing a mid 90s steed like mine.

Strange days, much like the USSR and it's obsession with producing things just to keep jobs going. The plus side is China apparently aren't accepting shipping containers anymore so they might become free soon too. Hello tron house!

Mini fridges might still be worth x in scrap aluminum and recycling the gas, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the case.

>only child life

I honestly don't care about the monetary value of any of the stuff. I keep the things that have sentimental value, historical value or stuff that's interesting in itself, like the mechanical calculator I posted above.

I dunno user, you tell me why you live in a state that makes you register your gun. I mean, what's the point of even owning one if it's got to be on the books like that? You know that's the first step to them trying to take it.

Good luck with that. Please keep your mouth shut trying to tell people who live in free states how gun laws work in the US, thanks.

who are you gonna sell that old people shit to? other old people and hipsters

Old family pictures, guns, military stuff if you served in the military, something that'll remind your kids of you when they see it even if it isn't worth much in actual money.

Please people buy and trade unlicensed firearms like candy all the time and never get in trouble. If the police was going to arrest every person that did that in my state the entire state would be in jail.

>registered gun
Uh... no? What are private sales?

this thread gave me hardcore feels.

im not ready to lose family.

fuck.

>Books
No. You wont get useful shit you will just get boomer advertisements from the 1970's Incidentally the selfish cunts have probably sold all the gold and silver in their possession to buy a Patty Mcfarlan doll or something that befits their fucking generation.