Is the cancerous loot crate phenomenon bubble bursting?

Is the cancerous loot crate phenomenon bubble bursting?

nerdblock.com/blog/open-letter/
reddit.com/r/nerdblock/

>one of the most popular crate subscription services delays a shipment by an entire month
>people finally get their box, it's filled with old crap they got before
>Jews that own the site immediately close it and run away with the subscription money
nerdblock.com/gamer
>Goyim furious, some good goys even paid for a year subscription and won't see anything for it

Is this retarded fad finally dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

donate.donaldjtrump.com/big-league-box-49?amount=49&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ET_80&utm_campaign=20170529_432_BIg-League-Box_DonaldJTrumpCom_JFC&utm_content=GOP_Direct-Ask&additional[utm_content]=GOP_Direct-Ask_Text-Ask-1#
soundcloud.com/user-419234038/poz-button-09-nerd-culture
youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5UH6EZXIM
youtube.com/watch?v=q95NKIPHC9Y
youtu.be/Bl5UH6EZXIM?t=10m15s
nerdblock.com/blog/open-letter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i honestly always thought it was some kind of scam or pyramid scheme, or just a plain rip off.

Anyone who actually paid money for this garbage deserves it

i thought you were talking about valve game crates lol

Gimmie a quick rundown on whatever a loot crate is I'm not hip

Read the comments on the open letter specifically sort them by newest. People went from "give them time you negative Nancy's" to "HOLY SHIT THIS IS A SCAM". People are so stupid

People subscribe to a service that gives them a box of random crap (toys, clothing, cards, pillow cases, merchandise, whatever) every month.
Why anyone would do this is beyond me. If I want an item I'll buy it. Spending a moderate amount of cash every month on things I don't want or need seems retarded.

>Jews buy overstock from free shit you get at comic conventions and video game preorders
>they package this shit in a monthly random box and sell to good Goys who use these boxes to fill the empty void in their lives for like $50 when the product cost them $10
>hundreds of copy cats opened up
>one of the biggest just went under scamming their entire subscription base

Oh yea Trump has one:

donate.donaldjtrump.com/big-league-box-49?amount=49&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ET_80&utm_campaign=20170529_432_BIg-League-Box_DonaldJTrumpCom_JFC&utm_content=GOP_Direct-Ask&additional[utm_content]=GOP_Direct-Ask_Text-Ask-1#

>Is the cancerous loot crate phenomenon bubble bursting?

if integers duplicate then YES THANK GOD

What the shit was lootcrate about anyway? I've seen a couple of unboxing videos and it always contains useless crap you find at comic conventions and whatnot.

reroll

singles no there will be a new nerd crate / man beard groom box / survivalist locker / cuck container COMING OUT EVERY FUCKING MONTH because uncreative people cant think of any other way to start a business

repeating x2 = it's dead

repeating x3 = it's dead and people will be bankrupted and living on the streets because they mortgaged their house for a subscription based business that sends morons boxes of cheap shit in the mail

feel free to roll on this post

itz all about dat cheap dopamine rush my man

ever had a magazine subscription as a kid? its like that but fucking retarded and worthless instead of mildly entertaining for a few days

>it always contains useless crap you find at comic conventions and whatnot.
Thats literally it.

Slide thread

Mods are sleeping with a purpose.

Hillary admitted they would all hang in an email . Fusion GPS colluded with Russia

How could anyone be dumb enough not to see that what you guys have described is either;
A. A scam
B. An unsustainable idea
C. Both of the above

>a subscription service where you get a random box of stuff
Autistic from the getgo.

>someone made a thread about something instead of replying to one of the threads im reading

>SLIDE THREAD PAID SHILLS no one could POSSIBLY think lootcrate shit is retarded and delight in it dying. must be paid shills

soundcloud.com/user-419234038/poz-button-09-nerd-culture

enjoy

>Slide thread

What's a loot crate? Is it full of phat booty?

>the tech bubble is next

Cheap "nerd culture" toys shirts and gear you find at conventions that they repackage into a random box that they mark up the price by like 500%. Was a good idea 2 years ago but they are retarded thinking this would last forever.

>nerdblock
lol should have stuck with the Brand Named LootCrate

Ahh. Thanks. Novelty shit that serves no purpose.

>People subscribe to a service that gives them a box of random crap (toys, clothing, cards, pillow cases, merchandise, whatever) every month.
haha, no way it's real, hahaha

Nerdblock was like the 2nd biggest this means lootcrate is next. This is literally how bitcoin is going to crash.

geeeeeeeeeeeeee

This post should tell you everything you need to know.

I think I may larp on reddit that I got my shit on time and they even sent an extra. Maybe it was a day late so I emailed and they called me right back and gave me a coupon code for a free pizza.

>fill the empty void in their lives
OMFG man! that single comment says much about what's missing from a lot of lives; introspection, re-prioritizing, shedding unnecessary, superfluous bullshit! maybe the millennials not participating in money scams will make them better for it as they mature

Guy who started it made millions and fucked off after selling it to some kike

Even poos scammed

Pyramid schemes at least make someone rich.

What the fuck, is this a facebook comment or something?

HAHAHAHAHA
best part is the fucking nerds dont know how bankruptcy works

they will never see a cent or a gay ass toy or whatever they get

Here if you want to know whats in the box.

youtube.com/watch?v=q95NKIPHC9Y

as you watch that realize this man paid $50 for that box and he does this every month.

I always figured it was shit that no one could sell, so they buy it dirt cheep and call it a mystery box. No one wanted that shit the first time, cunts.

It's just a garden variety rip off.
You get things you don't really want for way more than they're worth, but hey it comes in a cool box!

Shut the fuck up Brayden

A) Should I know what this is?
B) Is knowing what this is going to make me want to kill myself and/or the world?

Loot crate has been selling shit from the boxes on their site for pennies on the dollar. Got a witched paperweight because viva polska

>lootcrate

geeks were a mistake

yeah I had to unsub because I am broke and noticed that as well.

How dare you not link this?

youtu.be/Bl5UH6EZXIM?t=10m15s

Student loans are the next bubble to burst after this.

>i honestly always thought it was some kind of scam or pyramid scheme, or just a plain rip off.

It's not a scam just the kind of stupid crap only children used to fall for.

HEY GOY DON'T YOU WANT THE MYSTERY BOX
What's in it?
OOOOH YOU KNOW GREAT STUFF GOTTA BUY IT TO FIND OUT

And then you target audience lonely manchildren with too much money and give them plastic crap made in China at a 1000% markup.

In fact I'm surprised they could fuck up a business model like this. Only oversaturation or extreme greed could explain it.

You pay $10/$15/$20 a month to recieve a breadbox full of random "nerd culture" crap, like bobbleheads, buttons, stickers, pens, t-shirts, and novelty items all covered in logos. Everything they send out is very cheap and you can usually find similar items in dollar stores. The company motto for these services could easily be "You throw it away so we don't have to!"

It's an interesting case study for the power of viral marketing though. These services blew up because of people doing unboxing videoes on youtube, which these companies fed into via sending popular youtubers free boxes to open on their channels. I can see the appeal in watching someone unbox something, there are plenty of unboxing threads on hobby boards, but I don't get why people would pay money for worthless crap that's just going to collect dust. I guess the bubble is finally bursting, maybe people realized that paying $20 a month for $2 worth of items was a waste.

>target audience lonely manchildren
also the zelda fangirls who are SO NERDY with their dr who shirts

>Loot crate has been selling shit from the boxes on their site for pennies on the dollar.
>Got a witched paperweight because viva polska

Witcher pewter paperweight 8 dollars, was 20.

This is what it looks like.

No, just an American one

A much more finely detailed necklace with red eyes from China?

5 dollars. And they're making a handsome profit at that with free shipping.

Imagine what Lootcrate makes on that piece of shit pewter garbage at 20 dollars.

God they need to be gassed

Red letter media called out how stupid this shit loot crate things are.

>We need to establish intersectionality between our LGBTQ communities, people of color and other marginalized demographics. Systemic oppression and racism do not have a home in thi......

Your comment was almost as that tier of cringe^^^

are you that autistic that you would actually wear this?

Jesus the cringe.

What is loot crate?

Check out this video by RLM for explanation:

Take it off the chain and it's as good as a "paperweight".

I think it's all garbage, my point is the economics of price inflation and scale here. They make these for pennies.

link nao

>HEY GOY DON'T YOU WANT THE MYSTERY BOX
Pretty much this. I'm reminded of that Simpson's episode where Mr. Burns offers Homer the Mystery Box over a boat. There's an innate appeal in opening a mysterious package, but that mystery, and by extension the appeal, is severely diminished when you know it's just going to be another pack of dust collectors with popular corporate mascots slapped on.

I also have to agree with the comment about greediness destroying these businesses. It can't be that hard to source dollar store pop culture overflow. That stuff practically lines the streets the day after a major anime/nerd convention comes to town. Once you manage to get a steady supply of this stuff it just becomes a game of advertising your products, re-investing in your business, and maybe thinking up a gimmick every 6 months to keep things fresh.

Seriously? Jesus, we're way past Idiocracy now

I like how 4 of us posted the RLM link, kek

The problem with nerd crate is they have like 3 gamer boxes, a Dr. Who box, a Comic box, a food box etc just too many variations and it killed them.

It's very cool.

Lootcrate has to be the most jewish service ever
>take crap nobody would buy, bundle it with more shit, and sell it to weebs
>literally sending you trash that they would have sent to the dump otherwise

I've only heard of this in this thread just now. This is the gayest, cringiest nigger aids I've heard of in a long ass time.

It bumped the "sharing earbuds with strangers" media-forced meme trend of several years ago off from the top of the list

So are we going to address how Trump has one of these scam boxes or what:

I pity the kind of people who find value in this shit.
There is a POSSIBILITY that one or two items have some use or value. The rest is garbage, because things you don't use or value should be thrown in the trash. Effectively, you are paying 4-10x the price for some little trinket that isn't necessarily what you want or need.
Actually hanging onto the fucking crap that comes in mystery boxes is a sign of some kind of hoarder mentality.
You should only buy or want to own things that are of high quality, and at least moderate utility.
Anything you have which is just "lying around" or doesn't compliment other things should be thrown out.

If you have D&D miniatures that don't match the aesthetics of anything else, or dice that don't match any other set, throw them out. I feel pity when I see someone dump out a giant bag of mismatched dice and it looks like they bought out the 10 cent bin at some store. Good fucking thing you have 13 different d10s, right bucko? Oh, what's that one with the symbols? Is that a 6 or a 1? Hmm let's figure it out together. They have to paw through this amalgam of garbage to pick out what they want. I've seen a DM throwing a 20-sided d10 and wondering why he was getting such lousy rolls, because he had fucking useless garbage mixed with his other useless garbage.

Stop buying loot crates they are designed to prey on your addictive tendencies.
Sort yourself out and clean your room.

I don't fault the vendor, the stupid should be preyed on.

The second sentence is cringeworthy embarrassment and I say that as someone who owns 200 RPG books. Get a new hobby.

You should have stopped at paragraph 1

Yes you already mentioned it above in the thread.
It's not a scam if you actually get something for your money, it sounds like the gamer loot boxes are just not delivering.
Plus by buying Trump merchandise you get extra good goy points. :^)

toplel

>nerdblock.com/blog/open-letter/
>that hideous font
They deserved to fail.

It's pretty much perfect. It's just missing an awkward hot chick with a very low cut top.

I don't blame them for specializing, nerds are nothing if not tribalist. I think the ultimate undoing though will just be lack of interest. Eventually enough people will realize what a waste of money it is.

Tfw the Trump box becomes collectible and appreciates to massive profit.

do you faggots not know what alibaba is? all this shit is bought at 100$ for 500 pieces

Thanks for the advice, Dr. Peterson!

>Start company selling toys to manchildren
>make an okay amount of money
>go to bank and get business loan
>start buying in larger quantities
>make more money, only pay the minimum for business loan
>do huge orders on credit from foreign companies
>sell all that shit
>close shop
>run off with hundreds of thousands of dollars w/o repercussions.

I kinda want to get one and do a Sup Forums unboxing video its just not clear on that site if you can get just one.

(((credit)))

i smiled when someone posted that butthurt poo in loo who was crying because she gave 10k in b2b credit

its like every fucking day this shit happens, but still people are stupid enouhg

who the fuck would give credit to a business that is less than 2 years old and has a shakey business model

she fucking deserved it

I remember buying ONE way back when the trend started, why not? Less than 20 bucks, get a shirt, maybe 1 or 2 nice knick-knacks.

Open the box, and it's all promo shit for Titanfall. Shitty shirt, some crap you'd find in a dollar store with logos sewn on. I don't know what I was expecting honestly. Cancelled the next months box immediately over that. Years later, and I'm astounded that people still buy these boxes. All this chink made trash probably totals out to less than 5 bucks a box. They probably got a sweet deal for shipping too, I'd say less than 5 bucks per box. It's a sweet business idea in a world filled with retards. Buy up leftover loot from events, pair it all up, print some poorly made Tshirts, and charge people 3x what you paid for it all.

>Throw it out

Wrong

Ebay it dumbass

this. was my ex gf to a t that bought this trash

>when you're so poor that you have to resell cheap shitty trinkets to try and get $5 of your $20 back because you couldn't afford to spend $20 on $5 worth of shit in the first place

fucking retard it's hilarious watching you lootbox dipshits try to justify spending money on things that aren't worth what you paid for them

Wow, I can't believe I missed this one. Cheers, user.

Gaming is one of the most cucked hobbies there is

Most gamers live revolting lifestyles

One. I don't buy this shit
>nᵒᵗʰᶦnᵍ ʷʳᵒnᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵐᵉ
Two. Selling shit like this individually isn't worth the time spend listing them/shipping them
>nᵒᵗʰᶦnᵍ ʷʳᵒnᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵐᵉ
Three. Better to bundle it all up in one listing.
>nᵒᵗʰᶦnᵍ ʷʳᵒnᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵐᵉ
Four. You'll never make it financially if you don't pinch some pennies along the way.
>nᵒᵗʰᶦnᵍ ʷʳᵒnᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵐᵉ

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>don't buy this shit

Fixed it for you.

Capeshitters deserve the rope

The actual flagship LootCrate service that started this shit is goin down too

They recently took over the sub for it and set it private. Literally everyone who buys this talks shit about it

Hiroshima should release a Sup Forums loot crate.

I had a sub to one of these for a couple months then I went to cancel it

On the last page to before canceling they offered me 30% off

Which just pissed me off even more

>OMFG
Back to r/the_cuckold

It's very obviously a ripoff. Like you don't even have to think about it very hard to reach this point. The only people who buy this shit are stupid hipster faggots cannot stop impulse shopping.